• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

King's rage art is short, sweet and one of the few supers that doesn't look like a collection of recycled moves.

I rate it higher than the others for those criteria alone.

Shaheen and Kazumis don't have any recycled moves but I ranked them worse than all the other ones for a reason. They are boring. Even more boring than King's rage art.

Look at something like Karin or Vegas ultra in SFV- they bring the hype. When I look at something like King rage art, my initial impression is "okay, whatever"

Sayah's A tier arts are the worst ;P.

Tbh all rage arts suck and got boring after 3rd viewing. They should take example from KOF series to make awesome supers.

Anyway.

Steve's
Bryan's
Jin's
Leo's
Kaz's

Are decent because at least they hit hard.

Claudio's the worst ever. Invisible bow and fairy dust arrow?! Take that shit into Tales of Bullshitia, not Tekken.

You're the first person I've seen say that Claudio's rage art sucks. It is the best one in the game. And why does it have no place in Tekken when stuff like eye lasers is standard?

GrayFoxPL

You're the first person I've seen say that Claudio's rage art sucks. It is the best one in the game. And why does it have no place in Tekken when stuff like eye lasers is standard?

I don't know. Magic clowns from Harry Potter erotic fanfic kinda don't fit to Tekken imo. Same as robot maids or ill-minded breakdancing cat-girls. But that's just me. Maybe I'm too old.

Maybe It's the eighties and nineties upbringing but cyborgs, war-robots, devils or even bears fit into fighting game since in general fiction they were presented as aggressive beings that generally fight or being fought with.

Claudio and the other junk characters like Chloe are just there for some bizarre appeal of some niche Otaku group. They aren't even fighting, they are clowning around like morons and opponent loses health bar in the process.

Hey I understand Alex&Roger were great joke characters at the time because every fighting game needed a joke relief character just like action movies did.

Sadly today's Tekken or today's Harada crawls towards any random group of fans he can find, some Idolmaster sect he's a part of anyway, some Bleach fans or whatever hole has Claudio crawled from, etc.

We just need a flesh naked dude from Titans and a guest Pokemon character and we'll be almost set. ;)

I hate this age we live in. ;)

yRXqku4.jpg

Fraeon

The next season of Biiruken is upon us.

Quite a few changes to last year's format. Hopefully it'll be better quality AND less stressful for our crew but we'll see what needs to be tweaked on Saturday once we get the real tournament season rolling.

Sayah

I don't know. Magic clowns from Harry Potter erotic fanfic kinda don't fit to Tekken imo. Same as robot maids or ill-minded breakdancing cat-girls. But that's just me. Maybe I'm too old.

Maybe It's the eighties and nineties upbringing but cyborgs, war-robots, devils or even bears fit into fighting game since in general fiction they were presented as aggressive beings that generally fight or being fought with.

Claudio and the other junk characters like Chloe are just there for some bizarre appeal of some niche Otaku group. They aren't even fighting, they are clowning around like morons and opponent loses health bar in the process.

Hey I understand Alex&Roger were great joke characters at the time because every fighting game needed a joke relief character just like action movies did.

Sadly today's Tekken or today's Harada crawls towards any random group of fans he can find, some Idolmaster sect he's a part of anyway, some Bleach fans or whatever hole has Claudio crawled from, etc.

We just need a flesh naked dude from Titans and a guest Pokemon character and we'll be almost set. ;)

I hate this age we live in. ;)

yRXqku4.jpg

Claudio is the most fun new character. Wait till you get a chance to play him.

I call October to December.
I doubt there will be another big update like FR at this stage.

What do you guys expect to see in the home version in terms of characters and casual stuff.?

AAK

Super off topic, but a few pages back there was a discussion about Udemy and the things it offers. One of the things I mentioned as a substitute was pluralsight. If anyone is interested, Microsoft is giving away 6 months for free to anyone that signs up for their Dev Essentials Program:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vi...isual-studio-dev-essentials-program-feb-2016/

I'm using their AngularJS tutorials to learn how to make the TekkenGAF ranking website I plan to hopefully get up and running this summer. Super wealth of knowledge there, and there are some pretty easy quizzes at the end of every course that you can automatically add to your linkedin profile!

Pachimari

I'm using their AngularJS tutorials to learn how to make the TekkenGAF ranking website I plan to hopefully get up and running this summer. Super wealth of knowledge there, and there are some pretty easy quizzes at the end of every course that you can automatically add to your linkedin profile!

You are making a website for us, where we can go look up all kinds of stuff, like a wiki?

AAK

TekkenGAF rankings? What would we be ranking?

It's just an idea I have of having a GAF official ranbats system.

In essence, it's gonna be a website where people within Tekken GAF make a username and post the results of player matches against one another in things like a first to 5 or first to 10. The website will track all that data and place them in a ranking (similar to WTF in TTT2's launch) And with that, they can rank up ONLY amongs fellow GAFers (not open to the public). My intention is basically that newer players can come and learn specific matchups against one another first rather than jump into the ocean of players and matchups online along with the presence of being within a GAF community.

I haven't ironed out all of the details about if I want to do something like Tekken's own ranking system where you have to play against people as close a rank to you as possible or do more of an ELO style system seen in Chess. I want to learn the technical backend stuff so I know that I can do it (and afford it). But alas this is a project I want to undertake as I feel it can be a tool to help improve players. And like I mentioned in the first time I posted about this, if it all crashes and burns, at least I got some experience :)

And if this works out, I may even push it onto other games within GAF but this is looking at too much of a rose-petalled ideal scenario when I have to face the reality that I'm only a single person working on this..

You are making a website for us, where we can go look up all kinds of stuff, like a wiki?

I haven't thought that far ahead, will have a better idea once I get things ironed out :p

I might have some kind of prototype ready by June.

Rajang

Dereck

By the way, TMM was having a "Subscriber FT3" stream a few days ago, so I thought I should try playing him... but that was basically impossible.
I like TMM. He's a very good player and fun to watch. He was really nice to me outside of streams and people tell me he's also nice in person. I don't get the "hype" surrounding him though. I do understand that his streams get a lot of viewers because he's entertaining, but his fanbase is really weird and full of fanboys.
His appeal isn't much different from other Tekken streamers. He has a unique personality and it's funny when he gets irritated while playing Tekken.

He also had a combo video audience before he started streaming. TMM isn't a very good Tekken player, but he's good with Mishimas and with doing some pretty creative combos spontaneously.

sasuke_91

Where are the quotes and the sources in that article? It only says "several reports" and doesnt even mention what it says, riiight.

My guess is still an october or november release.

Yeah that's why I was sceptical as well. The article talks about rumors based on several quotes, yet there's no real sources for them.

October/November sounds like the most realistic time for a console release.

His appeal isn't much different from other Tekken streamers. He has a unique personality and it's funny when he gets irritated while playing Tekken.

He also had a combo video audience before he started streaming. TMM isn't a very good Tekken player, but he's good with Mishimas and with doing some pretty creative combos spontaneously.

Yeah I think he's similar to Aris with his rage and humor, but to me Aris is more entertaining. TMM is European though, so I get a chance to play him now and then.

Yeah he's good with Mishimas, but he really lacks character knowledge, especially when it comes to females. That's the reason he's not that good. He has some high level execution, extremely strong and creative combos, but he falls for simple stuff which he just labels as "gimmicks".

Dereck

Yeah I think he's similar to Aris with his rage and humor, but to me Aris is more entertaining. TMM is European though, so I get a chance to play him now and then.

Yeah he's good with Mishimas, but he really lacks character knowledge, especially when it comes to females. That's the reason he's not that good. He has some high level execution, extremely strong and creative combos, but he falls for simple stuff which he just labels as "gimmicks".
I think if he had better defense and general punishing knowledge, he would be able to get out of the low red ranks. He's been low red for like a year and I'm sure people are getting a little tired of him switching PSN names just to re-rank.

Nuszka

Started training on a stick again in tag 2, it's not going to well. In sf though it's the total opposite which I'm happy about.

enough to run Deathmatches on T.O.M all the time.

I only care so much as it typically indicates the level the comp. Especially after this long in the game's life.
But it doesn't. I never play rank. I'm some sort of red rank but I'm pretty sure if I commited to playing ranked I could jump to blue & beyond. I believe me, Ofdp, & Joey Fury are all just red rank.

But it doesn't. I never play rank. I'm some sort of red rank but I'm pretty sure if I commited to playing ranked I could jump to blue & beyond. I believe me, Ofdp, & Joey Fury are all just red rank.

Red, Orange, Blue, Purple ranks are the "good" ranks anyways so it wouldn't matter at that point, you're already up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom