• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil Jin so rebel....

his shoes don't match.
tumblr_mzl1v8Idq81sia4voo1_250.gif

Astarte

What the fuck happened to you Hwoarang? Did the Tekken designers decide that your outfit needed to represent the Korean war?

GrayFoxPL

Soon there will be an army of Jin clones created from yet another corporation. Instead of fire, electricity and lasers will be shooting out of their hands. And they won't be able to control it.

With bad voices.

They will also be ugly clone bosses in sm outfits.

We need Shingo like counterpart. He follows Jin around and tries to do an electric for ever but he can't. 5 games later he does it accidentally.

Sayah

I looooooooooooove Alisa's new look.

tk7_frwb03b0_1.png

Steve looks very amazing
tk7_frwb03b0_9.png

Paul looks nice
tk7_frwb03b0_7.png

Devil Jin and Hwoarang?

clint_ew.gif

Super off topic, but a few pages back there was a discussion about Udemy and the things it offers. One of the things I mentioned as a substitute was pluralsight. If anyone is interested, Microsoft is giving away 6 months for free to anyone that signs up for their Dev Essentials Program:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vi...isual-studio-dev-essentials-program-feb-2016/

I'm using their AngularJS tutorials to learn how to make the TekkenGAF ranking website I plan to hopefully get up and running this summer. Super wealth of knowledge there, and there are some pretty easy quizzes at the end of every course that you can automatically add to your linkedin profile!

Thanks for sharing this.

Yes. I'll be training them for their challenge matches.

Awesome!!
Looking forward to the stream for this.
Alisa looks even shittier then before, good.

GET OUT

Sayah

Though, I really hope that new filter they have going on is just a "nighttime" filter and we still get the colorful, vibrant look present in vanilla Tekken 7 as a "daytime" filter.

The Jungle Outpost and Souq stages looked way more colorful and better in vanilla Tekken 7. But the filter has improved the look of other stages tremendously. Some stages needed a gritty look - other stages didn't.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm just glad I don't have to see Alisa's cotton-candy pink nastiness anymore. The hair alone I can deal with, but her old default was just too flowery and nonsensical, especially if Dr. B. is the one that designed her. New outfit is surprisingly conservative too. Like, there's not a glimpse of skin below the neck.

Sayah

At the end of the day, if you don't like Hwoarang's new look, you'll still have their old defaults to choose from so not a big issue.

I'm just happy the dev team is giving us new customs. Most of them have been beyond amazing (XIaoyu, Feng, Bryan, Alisa, Nina, Steve) so I don't mind a few rotten apples (Devil Jin, Hwoarang).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What are those symbols on Steve's pants?

JECPgSk.png

Kinda doesn't scream: "British boxer" to me.

Should he be smothered in union jacks?

Also, I just realized that Steve's new outfit resembles some old Tekken 5 art

tekken_4_steve_fox_by_steepgirl-d4rx0c9.png

Different designs, shoes and shorts, but hey.

Sayah

Seriously in love with this new Alisa look.
They clearly went above and beyond in designing Alisa and Xiaoyu's new defaults. The detail is phenomenal.

Though, it's clear now someone on the dev team reaaaaaaaaaaally loves chains and straps. Some serious fetish going on here.

11214174_10153716973112978_6492400738817846047_n.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Should he be smothered in union jacks?

You say it like he wasn't before. Some nonsense alien signs look better?

He only had Brad Pitt look in T4(which I miss badly) and they strangely mixed Australian and British into him then. His bizarre T4 voice and accent was the best though.

GrayFoxPL

Sorry.

Should he still be smothered in union jacks?

Nah. I don't like it much(the jacks). We'll maybe in the boxing outfit because it makes sense.

I actually like his T5 and DR outfit.

I love a slight redesign of this. Drop the union jacks and give it fresher style. Just without any straps, lol.

KN8xEJe.jpg

sasuke_91

Oh wow, just woke up to this. I thought Hwoarang was Claudio until I saw two Claudios on the character selection screen. I don't really dislike the change in looks, I just have to get used to it.
Steve's new costume is amaaazing! I really like it a lot. Paul also looks really good.
Alisa is an improvement. They really went with cool designs for the female characters. Cute dresses for everyone!

A few more straps and Devil Jin could become a Kingdom Hearts character. He's already a Final Fantasy character at this point.

Nuszka

Just woke up and holy shit ! This is better than a strong coffee ! Love most of the designs except the obvious Hwo and DJ but not really that bither d as at least we got a change. Seems like Law and Jack will have the old designs as their cg art has not changed.
So hyped !!!

Rajang

This is so unbelievably bad on so many levels, holy shit.

It's worse than Lucky Chloe.

Completely agree, at least Lucky Chloe has a style. Hwoarang's outfit just looks like random shit thrown together.

My ranking of the new costumes.

Amazing: Feng, Dragunov, Bryan, Nina, Xiaoyu

Good: Steve, Paul, Alisa, Lili, Asuka, King

Bad: Leo, Devil Jin

Terrible: Hwoarang

Sayah

Completely agree, at least Lucky Chloe has a style. Hwoarang's outfit just looks like random shit thrown together.

My ranking of the new costumes.

Amazing: Feng, Dragunov, Bryan, Nina, Xiaoyu

Good: Steve, Paul, Alisa, Lili, Asuka, King

Bad: Leo, Devil Jin

This is my ranking:

Amazing: Feng, Dragunov, Bryan, Nina, Xiaoyu, Alisa, Steve
Good: Paul, King, Asuka, Lili
Okay: Leo
Bad: Devil Jin

Based on this metric, I would say having two bad new defaults isn't so terrible when everything else is so good. And I presume we'll still be able to use the classic defaults for DJ and Hwo - so not a big deal for me.

Nuszka

Would be in the same boat when it comes for ranking the new defaults, but I'm still happy that we got a fresh look to them. What pleases me even more that i got a confirmation of Dragon Nest being back for FR with a slight color change 9bit more cloudy), wonder if we still get the transition to rainy weather.

Nuszka

One thing is fucked up in T7. Paul is natural blond in every Tekken but in T7 his facial hair is black indicating he's not blond. That's more fucked up then global hunger.

Look at his eye brows. I think he is Ken Masters in disguise :) Did i just discover another guest character from SF or what ?

I like the Straitjacket idea for Devil Jin but they didn't go all the way with it and failed. They wanted him to look cool too much instead of going for full on badass psychopath.

Pachimari

I feel like Paul is on the verge to being overdesigned. It's not bad, but I imagine how much better he would look, with only the red shirt he have underneath. Kind of like the white shirt he wore in Tekken 4. The same way I feel they could have simplified Jin.

And now Hwoarang don't even have fully black hair, what is this!?

If I have to rank the new defaults:

Amazing: Xiaoyu, Leo, King, Devil Jin, Steve, Dragunov, Alisa
Good: Nina, Alisa, Bryan, Feng
Okay: Lili, Paul, Jin
Bad: Hwoarang
Terrible:

The thing is, if Hwoarang didn't have the eye-patch, had fully black hair and didn't have the blue jacket, then he would go straight to amazing-tier, because his shirt and pants are super awesome.

lol Hwoarang's shark shoes are brilliant.
Overall he's terribly overdesigned, though. Just losing the silly prints on his pants, shirt and arm would be a huge improvement.
Who cares though. We finally got the complete character design overhaul we've been asking for, and most look really good while some look absolutely spectacular, and I'm just glad Nina is part of the latter group.
The worst offenders imo are definitely Hwoarang and Leo, while Hwoarang would be easily fixable. Leo's just a lost cause, though.

Edit:
Rankings are fun.

S: Bryan, Yoshimitsu, Nina, Xiaoyu
A: Dragunov, Jin, Feng,
Good: Alisa, Paul,
Okay: King, Lili, Asuka, D-Jin, Kazuya, Lars, Jack, Steve
Bad: Hwoarang, (Law, simply b/c his "redesign" is so uninspired)
Terrible: Leo

Heihachi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom