• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Not console.
cHM8oaw.gif

Bryan's EX Move is b+1+2 so I can understand why Mr.Naps is tweeting, "please still have punch parry please still have punch parry please still have punch parry"

The Supers and the EX moves create so much confusion by having simple commands. The EX moves worry me more because what if a Paul doesn't want to use his Rage on a deathfist?

The EX moves in general are really going to hurt the game for competitive play as surely being an incredible comeback tool as well as being in the way with commands that conflict existing moves. What is the reason to not have qcf,qcf in the moves? Or if that can conflict with movement there are other joystick motions to use.

Tekken 7 is trying to increase the flash at the expense of user control. A little execution never hurt anyone.

I think that's a bit much don't you think?

AAK

I think that's a bit much don't you think?

Assuming it is the case, I think it is kinda whack as well. There's no reason they couldn't allocate the RAT attack to some other input that wouldn't conflict with the existing moveset. But I'll wait for the loc-test impressions before jumping to conclusions.

sasuke_91

Lars can now wall carry on infinite stages!

Hahaha, best thing I heard since watching the trailer xD

Sasuke can now hit someone that Dempsey Roll he always wanted but never ever ever could!

That's what I thought as well when I saw that!! Awesome!!
And you saw right through me xD

Looking closely think it might be the character being pushed into the wall that does the damage and not just on block, same thing happens with Shaheen's RAT @1:06.

Also, unless I missed something in vanilla, Dragunov's f+3,2 (the screw move) is new. The punch is different than the old f+3,2.

Hi btw, been busy with school and internships. Sister has borrowed the PS3 :p

I think some characters got a few new attacks that srew now. I don't remember Hei's uf+3,4 screwing in vanilla.

Also welcome back Doom :) Hope school is going well.

What I think about my character's RATs:

Hwoarang: Definitely looks a bit like Beak's move (don't know the input), but he ends his RAT with a move that looks like fff+3 with his right foot which leaves him in RFF stance (that's pretty cool!).
Steve: Most awesome RAT for me :p The move crushes Hwoarang's RFF 3~4, so I think it high crushes? Or does it work a bit like armor moves where you get some invincibility frames?
Leo: Really good for wall carry. The command says "hold", so it seems like her normal ff+2 comes out if you just tap the button.
Xiaoyu: Cheapest move ever. I'm going to abuse it so hard. Low/Mid I guess? Looks like a RDS version of her regular d+3,4. Looks really fast and the damage is pretty high.

Overall it's my favourite new mechanic. Brings back the hype I'm trying to suppress.

EDIT: Lili's RAT with that second screw and the blossoms looks awesome and fits her really well.

So Claudio's RA gives him Star Burst on block. That is something that is very interesting & takes the RA from being kinda useless to decently useful. Very cool stuff.

Assuming it is the case, I think it is kinda whack as well. There's no reason they couldn't allocate the RAT attack to some other input that wouldn't conflict with the existing moveset. But I'll wait for the loc-test impressions before jumping to conclusions.

I meant the ruin the game part.

It replacing crucial moves is wack I agree.

I meant the ruin the game part.

It replacing crucial moves is wack I agree.
Where did I say ruin? I said it will hurt the game. In Tekken 7 we traded added damage all around in rage to a very risky super which was very welcomed by competitive players. In Tekken 7 FR we now have completely safe comeback mechanics that may make Supers redundant at high level.

If Supers remain mostly untouched visually and EX moves are Harada's apology, then I am not a happy Tekken fan. They are hype now, but EX moves will be a flashy move that people will grow incredibly tired of seeing as everyone will use theirs at the first chance given their safety.

I can already picture us all getting pissed watching the loctest, wanting to see who got improved Supers. Only to see testers spam EX move after EX move.

Sayah

Feeling a bit more optimistic today. Gonna trust Namco and hope for the best (i.e. 2016 console release).

They listened to a lot of our requests so far (new default costumes, new mechanics, updated models, 1080p 60fps youtube vids) so I'll hold out hope they won't piss off 90% of their fanbase with a 2017 release.

No thread for this was made?

wtf, It looks like Shaheen gets a free launcher on block, I hope Im wrong.

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me as well. Would be too op if that was the case.
Just like I thought, Hwoarang looks a lot better in motion with the new costume.

Same. In motion, it looks nice.
WOOOOOW!

That was insane!

KAZ HAS SUPER THUNDER GODFIST WITH HEAVEN'S GATE TRANSITION INTO DEVIL KAZUYA!?

I'm striping now!

Heihachi's crumple fall headbut for insane damage! Also Hell Axel now SCREWS! JDCR can win shit now!

Lars can now wall carry on infinite stages!

Guard breaks for days!

King's db+2 super ground spike from alpha is now a gameplay feature!

Feng's RAT is just a shoulder ram! It's... Wait...what?

Sasuke can now hit someone that Dempsey Roll he always wanted but never ever ever could!

Please give me ONE EX bar to earn that shit as an attacker! People now will want to get beat up to aquire this insane boost! No one will want to approach raged opponent now!

Also RAGE ARTS killed?

Yup. Yup. Yup.

lol fox hype

Bleep

Has anyone written a guide for how customization works in arcade Tekken 7? My local arcade got the game last week so I'm trying to figure out how it works. I think I understand most of it, but when I tried to craft an item I was kinda surprised that it only completed a percentage of the item. The main thing I'm curious about is whether higher quality "orbs" add more to the crafting percentage. They crammed a lot of weird systems into Tekken-Net this time around.

Sayah

Has anyone written a guide for how customization works in arcade Tekken 7? My local arcade got the game last week so I'm trying to figure out how it works. I think I understand most of it, but when I tried to craft an item I was kinda surprised that it only completed a percentage of the item. The main thing I'm curious about is whether higher quality "orbs" add more to the crafting percentage. They crammed a lot of weird systems into Tekken-Net this time around.

Lupinko/Flying Wonkey would know.

The rest of us are either devoid of an arcade version or aren't doing as much detective work as Wonkey.

English tekken-net right?

In the game there's a treasure box gauge after each match. Fill this up and you get the screen where you pick a treasure box out of 4. Those boxes will give customization blueprints, gold, tickets or orbs. Another way of getting these items is through Tekken-net's daily login campaign which they're doing right now.

You can't pick and choose which customization blueprint you get, you just have to hope for RNG.

So the flow is this:

Get customization blueprint -> Develop the blueprint to 100% -> Then equip on character.

http://abload.de/img/vcbnqsl51.png

You can use Orbs, other customization blueprints & already completed customization items you don't want anymore to get a blueprint to 100%

Orbs have different rarity levels (1 to 5) so the 5 star ones develop the most out of the bar. It takes a chunk of gold to invest items into blueprints so it's better to wait until you have the materials to get a blueprint from 0% -> 100% instantly to save gold.

Kinda annoying but it's there. At least it's not Japan Tekken-net wack.

I'm glad Maximilian is showing interest. I find myself watching his streams all the time TBH. Though also TBH Tekken is probably the game Max is the worst at. He really doesn't understand the basics at all. I really wish I could sit down with him for like 20 minutes and just put the right mentality in his head for playing the game. If Max enjoys Tekken it would be great for him and for the scene's growth.

GrayFoxPL

I'm glad Maximilian is showing interest. I find myself watching his streams all the time TBH. Though also TBH Tekken is probably the game Max is the worst at. He really doesn't understand the basics at all. I really wish I could sit down with him for like 20 minutes and just put the right mentality in his head for playing the game. If Max enjoys Tekken it would be great for him and for the scene's growth.

Indeed if Max was seriously into Tekken it would help us a lot. Love watching his vids on youtube, he has this kind of personality that is sound without being annoying.

Though I don't believe there's any possibility to explain Tekken in 20 minutes, I'd love someone to teach him in not intimidating way. And that is the hardest part because there's no way to bullshit someone that Tekken doesn't need shitload of data to remember as well as execution and mind games.

Not sure if there's other way to get someone into Tekken other then to show him some cool ass Hwoarang or whatever shit and tell him: "You want to do this kind of cool ass shit? I can show you how! Come with me!"

Nuszka

So, some people are already playing SF5 and its almost 5 days before release, reason why i mention is that most likely the situation will repeat itself with T7. Not only we have to wait for god knows how long but some of us will just be drooling for those last days looking at twitch streams.

AAK

So, some people are already playing SF5 and its almost 5 days before release, reason why i mention is that most likely the situation will repeat itself with T7. Not only we have to wait for god knows how long but some of us will just be drooling for those last days looking at twitch streams.

Nah, not me. By then I'll have already seen 1,000's of hours of T7:FR footage from Tekken Crash, MasterCup, taktak1893, and the various North American top 8 footage courtesy of MarkMan bringing the cabs with him.

GrayFoxPL

Wish I could avoid spoilers of console version (that aren't "official spoilers") but that isn't possible. Internet spoils everything, GAF too, sadly.

GrayFoxPL

Speaking of spoilers, you guys saw final Batman v Superman trailer?

Batman beating up punks like he's a Tekken character. In this moment he does Steve's ff+2 and the bad guy spikes down hard like it's live action Tekken.

Jeez if we had that budget.

sasuke_91

Nah, not me. By then I'll have already seen 1,000's of hours of T7:FR footage from Tekken Crash, MasterCup, taktak1893, and the various North American top 8 footage courtesy of MarkMan bringing the cabs with him.
I haven't seen too many matches yet because I don't see the point in watching that game years before I get my hands on it. I recently watched Leo's movelist and YouTube and didn't even know she got so many new moves :p

By the way, I always wanted Eddy to come back in T7 because he's been around for so long, but the more I play against him, the happier I am that he's probably gone. The amount of bullshit that this character combines is just too damn high. And the damage he can get out of a ch f4 blows my mind. High damage low execution...

GrayFoxPL

I haven't seen too many matches yet because I don't see the point in watching that game years before I get my hands on it. I recently watched Leo's movelist and YouTube and didn't even know she got so many new moves :p

By the way, I always wanted Eddy to come back in T7 because he's been around for so long, but the more I play against him, the happier I am that he's probably gone. The amount of bullshit that this character combines is just too damn high. And the damage he can get out of a ch f4 blows my mind. High damage low execution...

Best thing T7 has done is get rid of the Capoeiras and Bob. To be honest Eddy never annoyed me until Tag2. The amount of pure unfiltered bullshit double Capoeiras brought to the game is too much. Online I mean. Similar shit can be said about Double Bob's.

Funny that only Tag2 made me hate Chreddy. Christie used to made me smile in DR, such cute girl. Still like her in that game.

Shame Bob will be back in T7, I know it.

sasuke_91

Have a Tekken tournament coming up in your city but have to work at the same time it takes place brehs.

You spared them man.

Best thing T7 has done is get rid of the Capoeiras and Bob. To be honest Eddy never annoyed me until Tag2. The amount of pure unfiltered bullshit double Capoeiras brought to the game is too much. Online I mean. Similar shit can be said about Double Bob's.

Funny that only Tag2 made me hate Chreddy. Christie used to made me smile in DR, such cute girl. Still like her in that game.

Shame Bob will be back in T7, I know it.
Double Bob doesn't even annoy me that much. I can deal with him to an extent. But hitting Capoeiras is basically impossible for me :/

GrayFoxPL

You spared them man.

Double Bob doesn't even annoy me that much. I can deal with him to an extent. But hitting Capoeiras is basically impossible for me :/

I try to fight them as much as I can. I can deal with scrubby chreddies but if someone knows all in and outs and makes opponent's mids whiff like it's nothing - then it's bad.
Or fucking lag switchers!!

Indeed if Max was seriously into Tekken it would help us a lot. Love watching his vids on youtube, he has this kind of personality that is sound without being annoying.

Though I don't believe there's any possibility to explain Tekken in 20 minutes, I'd love someone to teach him in not intimidating way. And that is the hardest part because there's no way to bullshit someone that Tekken doesn't need shitload of data to remember as well as execution and mind games.

There is though. Max is at the right level where I don't need to explain mechanics just the basic guidelines of how you play the game and approach learning and improving. I've got 3 tutorials on these guidelines mapped out in my head but I haven't tried to make them yet.

sasuke_91

I try to fight them as much as I can. I can deal with scrubby chreddies but if someone knows all in and outs and makes opponent's mids whiff like it's nothing - then it's bad.
Or fucking lag switchers!!

I played over 20 matches with Hwo/Steve in Ranked just now and out of those:
7 were Chreddies
4 were secondary characters of people who reached Genbu+
50% were at least Conqueror
There was also this one guy I had to play three times in a row who was lagging like hell
Oh and a rage quitter and lag switcher of course...

I guess I'm done with ranking (again). I won like ~50% of those matches and didn't get a single promo (I guess I was near a demotion, because I had a 6 win streak and should have gotten a promo... I would have been at +4 or something).

We seriously need a new Tekken :/

GrayFoxPL

There is though. Max is at the right level where I don't need to explain mechanics just the basic guidelines of how you play the game and approach learning and improving. I've got 3 tutorials on these guidelines mapped out in my head but I haven't tried to make them yet.

Try, maybe it'll work.

I played over 20 matches with Hwo/Steve in Ranked just now and out of those:
7 were Chreddies
4 were secondary characters of people who reached Genbu+
50% were at least Conqueror
There was also this one guy I had to play three times in a row who was lagging like hell
Oh and a rage quitter and lag switcher of course...

I guess I'm done with ranking (again). I won like ~50% of those matches and didn't get a single promo (I guess I was near a demotion, because I had a 6 win streak and should have gotten a promo... I would have been at +4 or something).

We seriously need a new Tekken :/

Ranking system is glitched I've been saying it for forever. I got mathematically impossible demotions. Like I'm playing Marauder characters and get this I win a fight against Avengers, then a win fight against Mauruders and again get the Avenger player and win. So I'm on 3 win streak against better ranks and what comes on 4th fight? Demotion for both my characters! No way how you spin it it should not possible to get that demotion.

Other then that I had pretty good connections on ranked lately and pretty varied. Strange because it was a lot shittier before.

There's also time of day, I play on a day, you at night so there are different players around.

Sasuke I recommend you play new characters. I recently went for Jack and there are surprisingly quite few lower ranked players around that aren't rerankers(or not very good rerankers). Not sure how the situation is at night though.

Try, maybe it'll work.
The thing is I don't want to half ass it like 95% of tutorials out there. I want the tutorials to be fun and engaging kind of like what Max used to do with Assist Me.
In fact that reminds me how overall Max's content has been weak for awhile now. I understand it though, when streaming and youtube becomes your job you need to maximize your profits. Quality isn't what really matters it's quantity. He's able to double dip by using his stream footage on the main channel and anything heavily edited is usually a boss rage. Guy is making a killing everytime he streams too. Guy makes about $100 per hour when he streams. Guaranteed to get at least 30 to 40 subs or resubs and tons of donations. The idea for giving different donation totals different sounds was fucking genius on his part.

Anyway I want to have animation in my tutorial and have it be heavily edited and that takes a lot of time. Time I sadly don't have right now.

AAK

More referring to the wait before we can have some fighting game action in a game we both play with an acceptable netcode :(

GrayFoxPL

The thing is I don't want to half ass it like 95% of tutorials out there. I want the tutorials to be fun and engaging kind of like what Max used to do with Assist Me.
In fact that reminds me how overall Max's content has been for awhile now. I understand it though, when streaming and youtube becomes your job you need to maximize your profits. Quality isn't what really matters it's quantity. He's able to double dip by using his stream footage on the main channel and anything heavily edited is usually a boss rage. Guy is making a killing everytime he streams too. Guy makes about $100 per hour when he streams. Guaranteed to get at least 30 to 40 subs or resubs and tons of donations. The idea for giving different donation totals different sounds was fucking genius on his part.

Anyway I want to have animation in my tutorial and have it be heavily edited and that takes a lot of time. Time I sadly don't have right now.

Damn. Maybe your work would be a waste of time after all. Seems like he's too engaged in his own stuff to look into tutorials. I don't want to say he wouldn't consider it but if this youtube and streaming is such serious profit shit then I don't know.

Man, everything is money, money, money.

sasuke_91

Ranking system is glitched I've been saying it for forever. I got mathematically impossible demotions. Like I'm playing Marauder characters and get this I win a fight against Avengers, then a win fight against Mauruders and again get the Avenger player and win. So I'm on 3 win streak against better ranks and what comes on 4th fight? Demotion for both my characters! No way how you spin it it should not possible to get that demotion.

Other then that I had pretty good connections on ranked lately and pretty varied. Strange because it was a lot shittier before.

There's also time of day, I play on a day, you at night so there are different players around.

Sasuke I recommend you play new characters. I recently went for Jack and there are surprisingly quite few lower ranked players around that aren't rerankers(or not very good rerankers). Not sure how the situation is at night though.

Yeah ranking is weird. There should be a better system than this...
I'll try playing my lowest characters again. Or Drag/Feng that I wanted to learn forever.

I don't know if you've made the same experience, but aren't Germans the worst when it comes to hatemails? I just got one from an Eddy player (in German) telling me that I should go play Hello Kitty instead lol

Damn. Maybe your work would be a waste of time after all. Seems like he's too engaged in his own stuff to look into tutorials. I don't want to say he wouldn't consider it but if this youtube and streaming is such serious profit shit then I don't know.

Man, everything is money, money, money.
It's not going to be a waste of time if it can get even 5 people into the scene .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom