• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEATH™;194991518 said:
He moves clunky though for tekken standards.
No they are not. Also clunky is not a word used to describe animation. Please find the correct adjective you are looking for.
If you are thinking he looks slow that was always going to happen. Did you think they were going to make his sweep and cr. Mk sub 10 frames? His sweep looks to be around 23 frames which is right in line with most characters. You've been watching the character for 20 years with those animations at that speed. Of course by comparison it looks odd

GrayFoxPL

Bryan now pauses during his rage art, maybe says something?

Could be new editing of animation.

Also new energy burst during rage.

Movement seem to look better.

oR7TrIx.gif

Looks boss.

LowParry

DEATH™;194991518 said:
He moves clunky though for tekken standards.

I wouldn't say clunky though the way he's being played is like a Street Fighter character which is kinda awkward in a Tekken game. People just gotta figure him out.

Sayah

I see they still haven't managed to fix Katarina's hair.

But more importantly, what's going on with her face?

Akuma looks weird as well.

Nina looks great - and that's what matters. :)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
No glasses! Too bad about her hair still looking like it does. It looks... "Unreal
Engine 4
".

Creaking

The game looks mad beautiful visually.

Yeah, I can't wait to see it in person (but I s'pose I'll have to). I just hope they tweak some of the clothing physics so that they don't spaz out so much. Just watched that Gigas video, and man do his tubes look terrible.

I haven't seen Law's new intro yet.

That too. Lots of unseen new intros should be abound.

The background music still stops during rage arts.......booooooo

If anything, they should make more epic versions to fade into when a rage art gets going. Drive the hype through the roof.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Kaz's b+4 changed to b,b+4 according to Wonkey, so now it's at least a frame slower and I wonder if he got his b+4,1 back.

EDIT: f,F+4? Eh confused. Anyone see any footage of Jin, DJ or Lars?

EDIT2: Guess this clarifies Kaz's b+4 now.

Sayah

Vanilla versions of Souq and Jungle Outpost definitely look better visually.

The new filter takes out all the color and vibrant look those two stages had.

Dragon's Nest and the snow stage seem to be the new favorites for me (visually speaking).

Yeah, I can't wait to see it in person (but I s'pose I'll have to). I just hope they tweak some of the clothing physics so that they don't spaz out so much. Just watched that Gigas video, and man do his tubes look terrible.

Yeah, Xiaoyu's clothing physics look like a mess.

If anything, they should make more epic versions to fade into when a rage art gets going. Drive the hype through the roof.
100% agreed. Instead of driving the hype through the roof, they actually undermine the hype by not having any music at all.

Manbig

Today I learned:

- Commentary is kind of exhausting. I can see why certain commentators end up sounding like they have zero energy near the end of a tournament even though all they are doing is sitting there and talking.

- Ninth Pixel asked for no cursing, but I totally forgot that I had Mobb Deep's Shook Ones pt. 2 as my Tekken Tunes for the Snoop Dog stage. I should probably change that...

- Even though people know they are coming into an online tournament with the high possibility of lag, and have a rule in place in regards to dealing with laggy matches, they will still complain and rage quit when they run into a laggy match.

cordy

Banned
These Akuma vids are showing glimpses of how great he'll be once people get used to him. Man, he's going to be a beast.

Creaking

Cool that Shaheen's headdress can fall off. I wonder if Nina's veil works the same way, or Lucky Chloe's stupid headphones. Or even Bryan's face scarf. Dragunov's hat too. It's these little details that help to really impress folk.

Claudio's new u/f+3+4 is like a slower beefier very of Bruce's. It's got tons of range. I wonder if this is his new wall carry after corkscrew?

And did Law really need a 14 frame launcher that with a shit ton of range?

Pachimari

I'm worried about the filter. I hate that it takes out the color of stages like Jungle Outpost. Now it's probably gonna be as drab as Tekken 6.

Sayah

I'm worried about the filter. I hate that it takes out the color of stages like Jungle Outpost. Now it's probably gonna be as drab as Tekken 6.

It works for some stages but definitely not for others.

Jungle Outpost and Souq certainly took a hit.

I would be fine if the new filtered versions were used as nighttime transitions during the final round - but not as a permanent look.

It just hit me that Nina's new intro line "Going somewhere?" and the outro "What's done is done" aren't new recordings at all but instead old voice overs straight from the Tekken 6 scenario campaign.

Nuszka

Morning everyone!!! Woke up to a lot of new stuff seen some vids, cloth physics obviously need some work, i actually like everything about Akuma and can't wait for people to get grips on him :)
Btw is it me or either the speed or distance of the backdash has been buffed? Haven't seen anyone do "smooth" bdc in any of the vids.
So hyped for todays stream.
Edit1 : stream will be up in 18 hours :(
More vids just keep on coming, I'm sure they buffed backdash now.
Edit2: another thing to note is music, so far the snow and new york stages have the same theme.

sasuke_91

The first one, the last f+4 was guaranteed on T7, on the second UF+2 could be CH, on both cases not anymore, therefore Jin got nerfed.
Okay I didn't know that (I need to watch more T7).
What happened when uf+2 on CH? Did it launch?

Why would they nerf Jin again? :/

AllenShrz

Okay I didn't know that (I need to watch more T7).
What happened when uf+2 on CH? Did it launch?

Why would they nerf Jin again? :/

You could pick him up and do a combo, on that video Paul just rolled to the side, no more combo, just a poke on CH.

Why Jin got the nerf stick and no Shaheen?
Why Hwoarang only got just a soft and tender touch from the nerf stick? Is anyone guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom