• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

EDIT: I don't know if you guys have heard of Discord.

Discord is a program where you can text chat/voice chat with other people very easily. It can either be used with your internet browser or an actual program on your computer. I made a Tekken chatroom for us whenever we have tournaments. If you want to join the chatroom, send me a PM and I'll invite you, thanks.

Bleep

I might be wrong on this, but it looks like raging demon hits unblockable and can be avoided by jumping like in Street Fighter. Akuma is looking really strange in Tekken, but it's cool seeing them experiment with new things.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the stream, watching now. Character select screen presentation looks amazing, that broken glass and firey "GET READY" loading.

EDIT: Holy crap, Kazumi has a throw that can wall-splat, the throw alone does a lot of damage.

(Don't know how to make notations for SF characters) Akuma's down kick into fireball seems good for oki. The kick hits grounded and the fireball seems to lock them down.

Thanks for the stream, watching now. Character select screen presentation looks amazing, that broken glass and firey "GET READY" loading.

EDIT: Holy crap, Kazumi has a throw that can wall-splat, the throw alone does a lot of damage.

(Don't know how to make notations for SF characters) Akuma's down kick into fireball seems good for oki. The kick hits grounded and the fireball seems to lock them down.

Notation is simply the same as Tekken nothing too special. Kazumi has had that throw since Vanilla though.

She's looking to be my main come T7.

AllenShrz

Finally played it, T7FR.

I wasn't expecting Harada and Nobi to be there, commenting and streaming. When my turn came I was on the machine they were streaming...... god, I was so nervous, and that's coming from someone who has meet several vips from different countries, including presidents and PM and some celebrities, haha.

I won the first match against Goki and lose the second against Nina, I played so sloppy and couldn't even perform well wavedashes and EWGFs.

Finally played it, T7FR.

I wasn't expecting Harada and Nobi to be there, commenting and streaming. When my turn came I was on the machine they were streaming...... god, I was so nervous, and that's coming from someone who has meet several vips from different countries, including presidents and PM and some celebrities, haha.

I won the first match against Goki and lose the second against Nina, I played so sloppy and couldn't even perform well wavedashes and EWGFs.

Pick up on any of the minor changes?

cordy

Banned
Something I want to mention...

Anybody have a problem with Tekken heights? Nina's 5'3 and Jin's 5'11 and yet she's damn near taller than him when they fight. Akuma's 5'10 and he's shorter than some women. Tekken's never accurate with height.

They need to fix that. Just something random that's popped up.

AllenShrz

Pick up on any of the minor changes?

Loading is faster, which is fantastic because vanilla 7 is terrible.

Graphics wise it had really a fantastic improvement, it looks amazing. Im sorry for you guys, had to settle with a bad quality stream is really not the best way to enjoy T7FR.

Nina looks great!

About Goki, IS WAAAAAY too early to jump to conclusions, yes his movement is not the same as SF but is obvious it cant be, so I think we only need time to adapt to his style and movement but so far so good.

cordy

Banned
Man, a problem with these Akuma videos is that most of them have Akuma being played by someone who doesn't know the fundamentals of Tekken. I straight up wince whenever I see someone miss these Shoryukens, that's so unsafe. They use Hadouken's too much as well, they need to use them in between attacks, just try to find his ground game.

People are getting better but it feels like SF characters are playing him and people are playing him as a SF character rather than trying to figure out how a SF character uses Tekken fundamentals.

Even Harada seems to be interested in how they're using him. He's probably expecting more experimentation.
Loading is faster, which is fantastic because vanilla 7 is terrible.

Graphics wise it had really a fantastic improvement, it looks amazing. Im sorry for you guys, had to settle with a bad quality stream is really not the best way to enjoy T7FR.

Nina looks great!

About Goki, IS WAAAAAY too early to jump to conclusions, yes his movement is not the same as SF but is obvious it cant be, so I think we only need time to adapt to his style and movement but so far so good.

Great impressions.

I agree with the Akuma comments, idk, just seems so early for him and there's been some characters in T7 who it took a great while to figure out.

DEATH™;195104024 said:
SO King running 3 is a knee eerie similar to AK uf3 and he also got AK WS 3...

Hang it up lol

Something I want to mention...

Anybody have a problem with Tekken heights? Nina's 5'3 and Jin's 5'11 and yet she's damn near taller than him when they fight. Akuma's 5'10 and he's shorter than some women. Tekken's never accurate with height.

They need to fix that. Just something random that's popped up.

Well Nina Tends to wear Heels and most fighters don't stand up straight. Like I just realized how Tall Baek is not too long ago.

DEATH™

Dude I just saw it and it's not even close to the same animation as AK's u/f+3

That's why I said eerie similar. Honestly it looks like fubuki knee...

The details dornt matter though. King got a WR3 that's irreversible, comes out almost as fast as drag wr2, plus frames and free gt on hit. Now legsock shouldn't duck when I try to do a shining lol

I still need AK though... if they arent giving duk back might as well give AK a mount out of that wimpy edge spear, and some couple of throwz

lupinko

Time to sell out.

YTpyhHC.png

I guess I should I give him a red aura too.

DEATH™;195107288 said:
That's why I said eerie similar. Honestly it looks like fubuki knee...

The details dornt matter though. King got a WR3 that's irreversible, comes out almost as fast as drag wr2, plus frames and free gt on hit. Now legsock shouldn't duck when I try to do a shining lol

I still need AK though... if they arent giving duk back might as well give AK a mount out of that wimpy edge spear, and some couple of throwz

Death I'm not trying to hate but...Is English not your first language? Eerily similar means it's so similar it's scary. Aka it's nearly identical. So you are using that term wrong.

Pachimari

That character select! Seems like there's space for 4 more characters, bringing up the total to 33.

I think I like Asuka's new costume the least honestly. It's just boring and drab.

I could watch this stream all day but I gotta go watch Deadpool.

cordy

Banned
ATP brought up a great point, do you all think they're completely removing the old costumes and replacing them or just making the old costumes be alts? They think they might be removing the old ones completely.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I hope they don't just junk them. Waste of perfectly good costumes. I like having legacy costumes for those that prefer the old to the new.

lupinko

From what I've seen so far on stream, she's basically the same as vanilla in what I played today at the local game centers. Looking forward to the game but we don't get the location test up here. I did ask Harada on Twitter though. Lol

Menome

Darn it, that character-select screen confirms no Kunimitsu. My local friends will no doubt be happy about that though.

I was thinking about going on to semi-main Lucky Chloe, but I've been hearing anecdotal reports that she's just not that great as a fighter. Any confirmation on that from those who've played or am I hearing the wails of people who need more practice?

Sayah

Missed the Twitch stream. Oh well.....
Darn it, that character-select screen confirms no Kunimitsu. My local friends will no doubt be happy about that though.

I was thinking about going on to semi-main Lucky Chloe, but I've been hearing anecdotal reports that she's just not that great as a fighter. Any confirmation on that from those who've played or am I hearing the wails of people who need more practice?

Tiers don't matter that much in Tekken.
I see lots of people kicking ass with Lucky Chloe. She takes insane damage off of some combos.

sasuke_91

EDIT: I don't know if you guys have heard of Discord.

Discord is a program where you can text chat/voice chat with other people very easily. It can either be used with your internet browser or an actual program on your computer. I made a Tekken chatroom for us whenever we have tournaments. If you want to join the chatroom, send me a PM and I'll invite you, thanks.

There's also an Android App. I'm sure there's one for iOS as well.

I might show you guys one of my matches later. The amount of bullshit in that one was just too damn high.

Sayah

Watching through the stream archives now. Akuma matches are mostly boring. It's a complete mismatch for Tekken. The pacing in the matches is completely out of place.

People are playing him like a SF character in a Tekken game because that's all they can do based on how small his movelist is.

GrayFoxPL

Steve's outfit is starting to annoy me, boxers don't fight in their entrance robes.

Also Kazumi hired this weak ass to kill off both Kazuya and Heihachi?

1uJoTPY.gif

Sayah

I like Steve's costume a lot. Everything looks so much cooler when he's in the robe.

And Akuma's going to be the Dan of Tekken 7. People are going to pick him as a handicap character when they don't want to beat someone too harshly. :lol

Dan20--article_image.jpg

Menome

Because there's a full roster-screen there without her face on it? She and other characters might get added as DLC again as with TTT2, but that looks like a full and 'neat' character-select screen for FR to me.

Sayah said:
I see lots of people kicking ass with Lucky Chloe. She takes insane damage off of some combos.

Okay then, good to know, thanks!

Numb

Steve looks like Anakin Skywalker at disco night. Those awful spiked sleeves.

Too soft for Tekken, he's better of fighting hobos on the street. ;)

No wonder Tekken X Streetfighter is taking forever
Dude looks so weird and janky. Should have brought over someone who would fit in better with traditional movelist.

GrayFoxPL

No wonder Tekken X Streetfighter is taking forever
Dude looks so weird and janky. Should have brought over someone who would fit in better with traditional movelist.

Guy, Ibuki, Gen, things like that. They're not marketable though.

"Eyy, some Guy is in Tekken."

"k"

Dereck

Because there's a full roster-screen there without her face on it? She and other characters might get added as DLC again as with TTT2, but that looks like a full and 'neat' character-select screen for FR to me.
They're empty spaces on both sides of the character roster.

Numb

Guy, Ibuki, Gen, things like that. They're not marketable though.

Eyy, some Guy is in Tekken."

"k"
Adon,Elena,Dudley,The twins,Makoto,T.Hawk etc etc
Not famous enough tho
Where is the Ip man fightting style user in Tekken?

Down for any of the Final Fight crew except Rolento
Ibuki can be another sort of Kunimitsu

Pachimari

There are more character reveals to come for Fated Retribution. So you will get more characters before it hits consoles.

I also wish Steve didn't have spikes on his sleeves but it's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom