• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Because there's a full roster-screen there without her face on it? She and other characters might get added as DLC again as with TTT2, but that looks like a full and 'neat' character-select screen for FR to me.
That's not the full roster. We're still getting additional characters (I'm just hoping for Lee and no Eddy).

GrayFoxPL

Adon,Elena,Dudley,The twins,Makoto,T.Hawk etc etc
Not famous enough tho
Where is the Ip man fightting style user in Tekken?

Down for any of the Final Fight crew except Rolento
Ibuki can be another sort of Kunimitsu

T.Hawk, just imagine how ridiculous he would look flying all over the place. XD

Final Fight Crew are my boyos! Just replace Rolento with Sodom.

Pachimari

Anyone else getting Street Fighter V? I'm on my way to the store seeing if I can pick up a copy. I just don't know how it will go if I split up my time for Tag 2 and SFV.

GrayFoxPL

Anyone else getting Street Fighter V? I'm on my way to the store seeing if I can pick up a copy. I just don't know how it will go if I split up my time for Tag 2 and SFV.

I'm gonna get it but if my pad wont work it's just gonna be waste of money. Still don't know if capcom is using lab zero driver or something else.

Nuszka

I have it preordered and gonna play it for fun. We need something to get us going through those months (year?) till console T7 hits. I'm looking forward for dark souls 3 and over watch , should be a view fun upcoming months.

Pachimari

I'm gonna get it but if my pad wont work it's just gonna be waste of money. Still don't know if capcom is using lab zero driver or something else.
Yeah, they haven't been clear about that. It seems like SFV is having a lot of problems currently anyway. Framerate and being online dependent are two huge points I think. If the servers go down, you get kicked out of Survival and Story mode. And Fight Money probably can't be earned offline.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, they haven't been clear about that. It seems like SFV is having a lot of problems currently anyway. Framerate and being online dependent are two huge points I think. If the servers go down, you get kicked out of Survival and Story mode. And Fight Money probably can't be earned offline.

And that's it's barebones. I can't believe they wouldn't wait to finish the game. They'll be patching in story mode and shit - hilarious.

Dereck

Kat's 2P colors are so cool.

BkI3r63.png

King's is even better, don't have a screenshot for that tho

Right. I thought we'd gotten our full list of reveals now, my bad.
It's cool

Pachimari

And that's it's barebones. I can't believe they wouldn't wait to finish the game. They'll be patching in story mode and shit - hilarious.
I'm okay with it being barebones. I actually kind of like it, because then I'll get new things the next few months and it will keep it fresh for me. I really think they are doing really good with their DLC campaign.

But at least it's out in a couple days, can't say the same for Tekken ;/ (Or Blazblue)

I'm not in love with SF but getting it anyway because i want to play something new. Will be nice to follow along with the release schedule and get Juri and Ibuki and such.

Pachimari

I'm also getting it because it's something new and I have never been into Street Fighter, so I'm gonna give it a fair go now. I just hope we get Sean. And then Poison, C. Viper and of course we're getting Juri.

I have a theory about how you play Akuma. Akuma's combo damage so far seems really low. However I think he is designed to take advantage of the fact that combos in Tekken only receive scaling in juggles. So what you are suppose to do for like launch punisher situations is do

2 fireball fadc 2 feirce uppercut.

That way all your damage stays grounded & is unscalled. I think meter is key for playing Akuma correctly.

LowParry

But at least it's out in a couple days, can't say the same for Tekken ;/ (Or Blazblue)

I'm not in love with SF but getting it anyway because i want to play something new. Will be nice to follow along with the release schedule and get Juri and Ibuki and such.

I like SFV because it tones things down to basics and fundamentals. I don't know why people are having these framerate issues or whatever. Beta's were a absolute blast to play and other than rollback netcode mayhem, the game played really well.

GrayFoxPL

If I'll be able to play SFV I'm gonna pick Nash, Shaheen and Ken Bannanahead. Zangief looks like a hilarious troll in this. So him too.

There are no FF guys or Guile so....

I like SFV because it tones things down to basics and fundamentals. I don't know why people are having these framerate issues or whatever. Beta's were a absolute blast to play and other than rollback netcode mayhem, the game played really well.

Yeah. I enjoyed my time with the beta, outside of netcode issues. I really had some netcode issues though.

I like the easier execution a lot.

I'm gonna play Karin and Chun i think. I kinda need a new pad. But the reviews for the new mad catz one are pretty poor so far..

Numb

If I'll be able to play SFV I'm gonna pick Nash, Shaheen and Ken Bannanahead. Zangief looks like a hilarious troll in this. So him too.

There are no FF guys or Guile so....

Picking it up this Tuesday
Playing stabbing guy and grabbing people
Nash seems cool too

It really doesn't and that doesn't make any sense. Every game has dfferent fundamentals. Fundamentals in ST are completely different than Alpha & so on.

I have a theory about how you play Akuma. Akuma's combo damage so far seems really low. However I think he is designed to take advantage of the fact that combos in Tekken only receive scaling in juggles. So what you are suppose to do for like launch punisher situations is do

2 fireball fadc 2 feirce uppercut.

That way all your damage stays grounded & is unscalled. I think meter is key for playing Akuma correctly.

I was leaning towards this. He doesn't seem weak, i don't think anyone has an idea how to play the dude.

SFV being limited on release is due to so many factors. Mainly due to the competitive scene and the other being the fact that the game is low budget.

I will be on Street Fighter 5, but I will likely try to be on Tekken Tag 2 more. Once SF5 drops I can certainly see TTT2 being completely abandoned online. The game is already scarce as it is, it is a scary thought to have absolutely no one to play.

Pachimari

Man, I went out to pick up the steelbook of SFV as it said it were in stock in all of their stores but he just said they must have registered the wrong product in the database. What I think is, that his boss told him in the back that they can't sell it until Tuesday lol.

What a bummer.

Can you load up a video? We can help you.
It was during the beta. And also during very few SFIV matches.

Got a few friends getting day 1 SFV. As for me, I'm looking more forward to MKXL. Really hoping the update and new Netkode make a difference and breathe some life back into the game.

I'm still in that camp of "I haven't picked a main yet" for SFV. Tekken has always been Yoshi, King, or AO. MK has always been Raiden and Reptile (one of the reasons I liked Ares in Injustass).

Sayah

I'll buy SFV if it's failing in sales - just to support it. Otherwise, I don't see myself buying till it's $20 or so on PS4.

I don't care about story modes in fighting games so the lack of it at launch doesn't bother me. What does bother me is a barebones online mode.

Pachimari

What is unfortunate to me are these:

- Requirement of online connection. So if their servers go down, you'll get kicked out of single player modes too and won't be able to earn Fight Money.

- The framerate problems sounds worrisome but I think they'll get rid of it.

- Only 1v1 lobbies until next month.

Also one earned more than 400.000 FM by completing everybody's story and survival on all difficulties. That sounds reasonable. And I'll definitely save 100.000 for Juri.

I totally both look and sound like a Street Fighter fan these days lol.

LowParry

I'll buy SFV if it's failing in sales - just to support it. Otherwise, I don't see myself buying till it's $20 or so on PS4.

I don't care about story modes in fighting games so the lack of it at launch doesn't bother me. What does bother me is a barebones online mode.

Online is fine. It's just lacking one thing that'll make everyone happy and that's lobbies. The rest of the "barebones" is all the single player, modes, etc. stuff. Which I don't care for. But I know a lot of people out there want that. It'll come, just that it's coming later. Gotta get that hype rolling before EVO.

Sayah

Online is fine. It's just lacking one thing that'll make everyone happy and that's lobbies. The rest of the "barebones" is all the single player, modes, etc. stuff. Which I don't care for. But I know a lot of people out there want that. It'll come, just that it's coming later. Gotta get that hype rolling before EVO.

Not having 6-8 player lobbies is a huge detriment.

But that's also not the reason why I'm not buying SFV. I just don't think I'll play it that much. SF isn't my type of fighter. I played the beta and tried to enjoy but didn't find any reason to.

LowParry

Not having 6-8 player lobbies is a huge detriment.

But that's also not the reason why I'm not buying SFV. I just don't think I'll play it that much. SF isn't my type of fighter. I played the beta and tried to enjoy but didn't find any reason to.

It'll get patched, updated, etc along the road. KI did it and it worked out great. But yeah, not all fighters are for everyone.

cordy

Banned
I've seen some nice Akuma rounds, little by little people are getting better with him. Like in the post above, you can see he has some good stuff. I wonder how he'll look a month from now but thus far it looks promising. He's going to be a complex character but from what I'm seeing he's gonna be a threat once people put some time in with him.

What is unfortunate to me are these:

- Requirement of online connection. So if their servers go down, you'll get kicked out of single player modes too and won't be able to earn Fight Money.

- The framerate problems sounds worrisome but I think they'll get rid of it.

- Only 1v1 lobbies until next month.

Also one earned more than 400.000 FM by completing everybody's story and survival on all difficulties. That sounds reasonable. And I'll definitely save 100.000 for Juri.

I totally both look and sound like a Street Fighter fan these days lol.

balrog_struck_1f.gif

And only 1v1? Ouch.

ATP brought up a great point, do you all think they're completely removing the old costumes and replacing them or just making the old costumes be alts? They think they might be removing the old ones completely.

i would be surprised if the old costumes weren't customization options in the final game

Sayah

In regards to Tekken 7, I really hope they give us the color back for Souq and Jungle Outpost. Those stages took a real hit and look lifeless now. But Dragon's Nest, Snow stage, and hidden temple look much better.

How they looked in Vanilla:

Edit: I still haven't seen devil's pit - is that stage still in this loc test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom