• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you be attacked for that?

Because Street Fighter fanboys can't take criticisim of their game. This isn't the first time I've talked about this here. You can check my post history & the thread if you want to see.

I said that Capcom is treating this game like a free to play MOBA but charging you $60 for it. That the content that comes with this game at launch is not acceptable for a $60 game purchase in 2016.

That I feel is a completely fair statement givrn that SFV has the least amount of content released in a fighting game in forever.

It is what it is.

GrayFoxPL

Some notes after watching first 4 hours 21 minutes of the stream.

* Katarina's glasses break/fall off during fight.

* Hei's df+1+2 seems to knock down again?

* Hei's ws+1 into qcf+2 seems nerfed for damage.(or placebo because of boosted life)

* Paul's b,f+1 into deathfist deals about half the damage it did in vanilla.

* Paul player did RAT deathfist for guardbreak at the wall and tried to go for demo man just like in the trailer, but got easily blocked and punished.

* Claudio has a new(?) move similar to Anna's ff+4 but he stays on the ground more, like he's chilling on a beach.

* Shaheen has a new(?) low high kick string.

* King doesn't have that long hang in the air slo mo during fff+2+4 powerbomb air throw. Good, annoyed the shit out of me.

* When Asuka hit ws+1+2 she couldn't launch Gigas with f+2 afterwards. Did it twice in a row.

* Bryan's new kick does a spin stagger on hit(normal?)

* Akuma's Demon catches jumping(forward) opponents but not juggled ones.

* King in 2P looks fucking badass.

Caught a screenshot of him doing new fff+3 "slash":

321uWQi.jpg

Edits.

Sayah

^
Thanks for those notes Fox.

Even if it's minor thing, it really adds to the presentation when character accessories fall off like Nina' veil, Shaheen's ghutra, and Katarina's glasses.
Because Street Fighter fanboys can't take criticisim of their game. This isn't the first time I've talked about this here. You can check my post history & the thread if you want to see.

I said that Capcom is treating this game like a free to play MOBA but charging you $60 for it. That the content that comes with this game at launch is not acceptable for a $60 game purchase in 2016.

That I feel is a completely fair statement givrn that SFV has the least amount of content released in a fighting game in forever.

It is what it is.

I can see your reasoning and I can see other people's reasoning as well.

I personally don't care for single player experience in fighting games either. In the 3+ years we've had TTT2, I've played arcade mode maybe twice and still have never finished lab or played any of the other single player modes.

But I do care for multiplayer and SFV seems to be lacking in that department as well with shaky netcode, lack of lobby support, and apparently what is being labeled as laggy stages. So yeah, SFV may not be worth $60 to some people at all - but it may be worth it for others.

If Namco were to release Tekken 7 vanilla tomorrow with just practice mode and online support for $60, I would go buy it tomorrow. lol.

GrayFoxPL

^
Thanks for those notes Fox.

Even if it's minor thing, it really adds to the presentation when character accessories fall off like Nina' veil, Shaheen's ghutra, and Katarina's glasses.

No problem! Glad to note stuff!

Yeah I liked Item's falling off characters or getting destroyed ever since Vega in SF2!

Dereck

Are skull bandanas on the mouth a popular thing in Japan right now?

So you think Souq and Jungle Outpost look better now devoid of all color?
I'm not sure, I would need comparison shots.

So from what you noticed, not only do they have night variations, but now they have less color?

Why would they do that? Is it to make the characters stand out more?

Sayah

KI wasn't $60 but it also launched with six characters. SIX.

That's not the issue. Skullgirls had like 8 characters. The first Blazblue didn't have that many more.

The issue is the lack of features in SFV, and it's completely acceptable for someone to say the game isn't worth it at $60 for the lack of content.

So I don't disagree with ZTS - but I can also understand other people's reasoning for why they're still getting the game.

Rajang

Im just glad there is no F2P model with FR.

The Tekken team already got that F2P bullshit out of their system with Tekken Revolution.

Sayah, you might buy it but you should be able to admit to yourself that it's really not worth. I never play single player shit but I'm not blind that when it comes to overall value of a product solid single player content is important. Not everyone wants to be a competitive player.

Sayah

It's not a skull, but I do have an oni one from a Smirnov.

I know surgical masks in public are common there. Do you see people wearing bandanas now? Maybe it's the new fashionable way of not catching or spreading disease.

Is this Power Crash new? I can't remember I'm too tired.

HhvxSl9.gif

Ugh.....I keep thinking the Souq stage looked so much better in vanilla. :/

Hoping they bring all that sunlight and color back.

Sayah

I'm not sure, I would need comparison shots.

So from what you noticed, not only do they have night variations, but now they have less color?

Why would they do that? Is it to make the characters stand out more?

It's just the new filter they're using I think.

It works greatly on some stages but not on others.

lupinko

I know surgical masks in public are common there. Do you see people wearing bandanas now? Maybe it's the new fashionable way of not catching or spreading disease.

Ugh.....I keep thinking the Souq stage looked so much better in vanilla. :/

Hoping they bring all that sunlight and color back.

Nah, and I just wear mine to look cool.

If T7fR comes out barebones like sf5 is now, I would buy it also. The general game fan does like the SP content though. MK is doing it right there.

I also think the SP content is not the end all of it. I thought BR had a good chunk and it was still not received that warmly.

I just wish capcom would look at what nrs is doing there or look at their own past at stuff like alpha 3.

I watched tekken stream last night for a couple hours. Akuma model or how he animates looks off for some reason to me.

I watched tekken stream last night for a couple hours. Akuma model or how he animates looks off for some reason to me.
It looks odd because of the difference in speed & quality of animation. You've been watching Akuma for 25 years with about half or less as many animations per move. Obviously it will look slower & be slower.

Pachimari

Sayah the bandannas with a mouth are really popular in Scandinavia right now. It's not just a Japanese thing.

Also what happened to the Volcano stage, is it still in?

Sayah

You guys are crazy, it looks so much better now, specially when you actually play it.

I'll go again to sugamo today and play more before taking my GF to dinner.

The other stages look fine. It's just Souq and Jungle Outpost that I have an issue with.

Look at vanilla and then look at FR. The vibrant colors and look is completely gone now. Everything looks grey in these two stages now.

HhvxSl9.gif

Tekken-7-1.gif

Intros-4.gif

Sayah the bandannas with a mouth are really popular in Scandinavia right now. It's not just a Japanese thing.

Also what happened to the Volcano stage, is it still in?

It is what it is.

Who are you kidding. No one likes it when someone comes into their thread/community and literally EVERY post they make is negative.

If I were to come in here and start making "completely fair" criticisms about T7 ALL DAY AND NIGHT (in other words I became the "ZeroTheShadow" of the Tekken thread), I guarantee Sayah and other people would be all over me in a second. (And, do get it twisted, there are lots of completely fair criticisms of T7...or any game.)

It's not a "Street Fighter fan" thing. Tekken fans will do the same thing. Skullgirls fans will do the same thing. Guilty Gear fans will do the same thing. Excess negativity draws ire from fans of anything.

"All fanbases are terrible so it doesn't matter."

Yup. People feel passionately about the stuff they like. Sh*t on that stuff at your own peril.

Or just stick with the stuff you like.

Who are you kidding. No one likes it when someone comes into their thread/community and literally EVERY post they make is negative.

If I were to come in here and start making "completely fair" criticisms about T7 ALL DAY AND NIGHT (in other words I became the "ZeroTheShadow" of the Tekken thread), I guarantee Sayah and other people would be all over me in a second. (And, do get it twisted, there are lots of completely fair criticisms of T7...or any game.)

It's not a "Street Fighter fan" thing. Tekken fans will do the same thing. Skullgirls fans will do the same thing. Guilty Gear fans will do the same thing. Excess negativity draws ire from fans of anything.

"All fanbases are terrible so it doesn't matter."

Yup. People feel passionately about the stuff they like. Sh*t on that stuff at your own peril.

Or just stick with the stuff you like.
See what i'm talking about guys? It's people like this guy. He followed me in here just to cry about how I criticised his game. Have you been in this thread ever? We are always critical of Tekken. Stop trying to justify your shitty attitude.

Pachimari

It's unfortunate that you have had such experiences ZTS and now feel like generalizing them all. My experience so far have been the opposite, and I think the Street Fighter players here on GAF have been very welcoming and helpful, just like people in here.

All fanbases are terrible so it doesn't matter.

I've said it before the type of dedication it takes to play fighting games well requires a serious amount of dedication and devotion. With Street Fighter people take even mild criticism very personal. It's like an attack on their sacred ox. You have attacked their belief system. I understand why people get defensive. Street Fighter in the FGC (most competitive games) can be a lifestyle. I always give them some slack because I know that love is blind. Even I'm guilty of not wanting to admit any flaws in my own sacred ox.

I've said it before the type of dedication it takes to play fighting games well requires a serious amount of dedication and devotion. With Street Fighter people take even mild criticism very personal. It's like an attack on their sacred ox. You have attacked their belief system. I understand why people get defensive. Street Fighter in the FGC (most competitive games) can be a lifestyle. I always give them some slack because I know that love is blind. Even I'm guilty of not wanting to admit any flaws in my own sacred ox.

Thus fandoms in general suck. Its a cult of personalities that are beholden to something that no one outside has any right to criticize despite how critical the fandom itself towards the thing it likes.

I helped run a (albeit casual leaning) Tekken forum for two or three years. I've been done criticizing fans or trying to explain why this thing is better than the other outside of my own preferences because it gets really stupid.

@Hwoarang's Secret RAT. That's dope I guess. Still don't see any major utility behind it besides combo extendability.

lupinko

So based on what I've seen, Katarina with no glasses is just for her win pose.

Of course I'd like to be wrong on that come the actual release.

lupinko

See what i'm talking about guys? It's people like this guy. He followed me in here just to cry about how I criticised his game. Have you been in this thread ever? We are always critical of Tekken. Stop trying to justify your shitty attitude.

Yeah, sometimes I think TekkenGAF really hates Tekken 7, it's always either me or MarkMan defending it.

So TekkenGAF has lots of constructive criticism on the game as opposed to mindless praise unlike other games.

Yeah, sometimes I think TekkenGAF really hates Tekken 7, it's always either me or MarkMan defending it.

So TekkenGAF has lots of constructive criticism on the game as opposed to mindless praise unlike other games.

It was at one point. At this point its a broken record.

"GAH CUSTOMS SUCK"

"WHY NO RELEASE DATE?"

"NO OKI WHAT"(joking slightly with this one.)

"WE NEED NEW ANIMATIONS"

Pre-FR "NO NEW OUTFITS? DA FUCK?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom