• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Do you know if any of her moves transferred over to Nina? Purely speculation, I don't really see the point of the two sisters in the game. (I know they're both different).

That's like saying what's the point of having 5 different Mishimas.
Nina didn't get any of Anna's animations.
I think there's a good chance we'll get Anna.

Nop, she has the typical capo launcher 3, 4 (easily launch punishable now), D 3+4, UF 2+3, FF4 and one of her CH are moves that are coming to my mind.

Mokujin will be back, it has to count for something.
34 is not a launcher with Capos it's a homing move, she doesn't have Capo ff+4 cause that's a launcher that goes into handstand, Capos have no u/f2+3, and she hella doesn't have Capo d+3+4 cause that's the input to go into relax. Dude nothing you just said is true.

AllenShrz

34 is not a launcher with Capos it's a homing move, she doesn't have Capo ff+4 cause that's a launcher that goes into handstand, Capos have no u/f2+3, and she hella doesn't have Capo d+3+4 cause that's the input to go into relax. Dude nothing you just said is true.

Thats the annotation for Lucky, I dont know the annotation for capos.

AllenShrz

Just at a glance, they're using different legs on the second kick. The animations have a lot of small differences too, it's just the general motion that looks a little similar.

I didnt notice that the legs are different... on the heat of the battle is hard to notice and my memory is fuzzy now... I play T7 exclusively.

lupinko

This is the newest panel I got:

SAVS9XV.png

And the era of Paul has begun:

vQrw5jH.jpg

AllenShrz

And the era of Paul has begun:

May all your death fists be CH.

Btw where do you go to play? sugamo? I think I saw last weekend there you can have a cab for 2 hrs for 1000 yen, and on Sapporo is 2 credits for 100 yen... and no one was playing them even with the snow festival outside.

lupinko

May all your death fists be CH.

Btw where do you go to play? sugamo? I think I saw last weekend there you can have a cab for 2 hrs for 1000 yen, and on Sapporo is 2 credits for 100 yen... and no one was playing them even with the snow festival outside.

Nah I live in Sendai, I play either at PlaylandF1-R (basement arcade known for SBO and Arc Cup entrants) or at the Taito Station closest to the AER building (there's two Taito Stations on Clis Road actually and on the way to Kotodaikoen there's also a Sendai Leisureland).

When I went to Tokyo in December I only played at Kurokuro's arcade, and I was fortunate enough to hang out with him and do commentary on my last night there.

Did they say anything about records, gold and orbs transfering over to? I only saw that items will transfer over according to that video.

AllenShrz

Nah I live in Sendai, I play either at PlaylandF1-R (basement arcade known for SBO and Arc Cup entrants) or at the Taito Station closest to the AER building (there's two Taito Stations on Clis Road actually and on the way to Kotodaikoen there's also a Sendai Leisureland).

When I went to Tokyo in December I only played at Kurokuro's arcade, and I was fortunate enough to hang out with him and do commentary on my last night there.

Did they say anything about records, gold and orbs transfering over to? I only saw that items will transfer over according to that video.

I havent been to Sendai, maybe one day. How much do you pay there for a game and an hr?

Im going to guess history does not carry over, similar from TT2 to T7. I used my banapassport on FR and I had 0 wins the fist time and subsequent wins showed only on FR but not on vanilla.

lupinko

I havent been to Sendai, maybe one day. How much do you pay there for a game and an hr?

Im going to guess history does not carry over, similar from TT2 to T7. I used my banapassport on FR and I had 0 wins the fist time and subsequent wins showed only on FR but not on vanilla.

It's 100Y per game but some game centers have discounts that I rarely use. The Taito Stations for example on certain times offer 1 hour of play for 500Y. You can also pay with Suica and it's discounted by a little bit, 95Y for example. Lol

I don't like playing too much at Taito Stations because they have awful Hori parts in their cabs, I'm only forced to play there if the local loud HnK gang that is super annoying get too loud at the basement.

PlaylandF1R sometimes has event days too, usually for tournaments.

Doesn't Xiaoyu have a low stance?
Low, yes. Grounded, no. She can be launched from it. Capos, Lei, etc would get reset / floated at worst. And since oki floating is gone... True ground stance characters would have no fear of launch outside of being ch, etc.

I would still be ok with their return, just make grounded hits do more damage. Nothing drastic. Maybe + 25%.

joeblow

It seems too simplistic of a solution from Namco's standpoint: "We removed floats, so two of the most unique, complex characters in the Tekken universe must be left out of the game because of their ground stances."

I think they would be a bit more creative than that. Floats or not, their presence in T7 would not be any more or less OP than just about any character in the game if they are balanced properly. In Tekken Revolution (where Namco obviously tested changes/additions that made it into T7), floats were removed and the cappo was still not significantly tougher to deal with than in TTT2.

My guess is that T7:FR will be like the arcade release of TTT2 Unlimited in that the home version of T7 will contain a number of characters that have been absent so far. Now that Nina is in, Lei, Chreddy, Bob and a Chang seem like the remaining automatic entries (assuming the cry baby officially replaced Bruce).

GrayFoxPL

It seems too simplistic of a solution from Namco's standpoint: "We removed floats, so two of the most unique, complex characters in the Tekken universe must be left out of the game because of their ground stances."

I think they would be a bit more creative than that. Floats or not, their presence in T7 would not be any more or less OP than just about any character in the game if they are balanced properly. In Tekken Revolution (where Namco obviously tested changes/additions that made it into T7), floats were removed and the cappo was still not significantly tougher to deal with than in TTT2.

My guess is that T7:FR will be like the arcade release of TTT2 Unlimited in that the home version of T7 will contain a number of characters that have been absent so far. Now that Nina is in, Lei, Chreddy, Bob and a Chang seem like the remaining automatic entries (assuming the cry baby officially replaced Bruce).

Revolution yes. Couple things played against Capo there. 1 that if grounded character moved in any way their hurtbox was widened drastically upwards so like 85% of mids suddenly hit them even if visually the models never collided, the hit detection looks retarded in those situations. 2nd thing is that Revo doesn't have T7 faster and safer getup system.
3. Revo sucks ass. :p

Dereck

Does anyone know if T7.0 or T7FR is gonna be at Final Round at all? For casual play or anything?

Can it be played with a DS4?

Can a player bind buttons?

Sayah

Turns out - my internet speed woes were all due to the modem/router I bought.
People - DO NOT buy the Motorola SBG6580. It has a 3.5 star rating for a reason.

I'm instead now using the Motorola SBG6141 - which is SOOOO much better. Getting internet through ethernet now - waiting on the router to ship.

AAK

I mean how would you do that exactly then?

TTT2 is messy though. Not just in combo but the way shit happens unintentionally. Like a guy tag crashing and hitting the wall for the KO messy.

One example would be to use the layered animation systems games like Uncharted and Assassin's creed employ smoothen out the backdash animations that are happening to make more natural transitions between subsequent backsteps and moves following those backsteps.

If anyone wants to help me test out my connection, let me know!

Sure! I'll be on in about 45 min. EDIT: 3PM EST.

Ayy I'm bout to drop all kinds of combos on these boyz

Waaaah... confirmed!?

AAK

Awesome, Enjoy the competition man. One piece of advice is to bring a bunch of snacks with you to the tournaments.

Sayah

Yeah, sorry AAK. It seems like I need a router to connect the PS3.
It should ship by tomorrow if not Wednesday at the latest. Will try to setup matches then.

Sayah

Okay never mind I should be able to play. I had to reset the modem.

It succeeded in finding an IP address now but the internet connection failed. -_-

See if I'm online in a few.

Edit: Yeah, can't get internet working on PS3.

GrayFoxPL

Oh shit SFV costs 65$ and over in my country. It's like 1997 again. I want it but I think I wait until they cool off with those prices, Street Fighter Tax or something? Game doesn't even have the content to explain the price. Tag2 should've costed 299$ with that calculation.

cordy

Banned
Damn, MarkMan's no longer with MadCatz
Mark "MarkMan" Julio is no longer employed by Mad Catz. The parting became apparent when Julio changed his profile picture and account information on Twitter during the morning of Feb. 15, 2016.

IPLAYWINNER reached out to Julio who confirmed his departure. Julio did not have anything else to say on the matter at present but said he intends to make a full statement in the next several days.

Julio has, during his time at Mad Catz, become one of the ever-present figures in the fighting game community. His work in helping create the Tournament Edition line of sticks, as well as assisting with Team Mad Catz and coordinating events and streams, has changed the landscape of the FGC since the release of Street Fighter IV.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2016/2/15/markman-and-mad-catz-part-ways.html

We're still with you MarkMan. Wherever you go we know it'll be great.

Be strong.

Nuszka

Hope everything goes well for MarkMan.

On other note have fun at Final Round everyone, will try to watch streams - thats what most Europeans can only do :(

lupinko

I don't recall the home versions of BR or DR adding new characters, Tag 2 was different given that it just added older and newer swap characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom