• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Who are you kidding. No one likes it when someone comes into their thread/community and literally EVERY post they make is negative.

If I were to come in here and start making "completely fair" criticisms about T7 ALL DAY AND NIGHT (in other words I became the "ZeroTheShadow" of the Tekken thread), I guarantee Sayah and other people would be all over me in a second. (And, do get it twisted, there are lots of completely fair criticisms of T7...or any game.)

It's not a "Street Fighter fan" thing. Tekken fans will do the same thing. Skullgirls fans will do the same thing. Guilty Gear fans will do the same thing. Excess negativity draws ire from fans of anything.

"All fanbases are terrible so it doesn't matter."

Yup. People feel passionately about the stuff they like. Sh*t on that stuff at your own peril.

Or just stick with the stuff you like.

WTF are you on?

If you were following this thread at all, you would know how critical I've been of Tekken 7 and Bandai Namco in general. Go back a few pages and read.

Let me know what you peeps think of my commentary. Pixel just uploaded the recent tournament. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJf4tA1dc8
Very nice commentary. I just watched the Askua/Jun; Anna/Zafina match and it was tense.

I would say the same thing that I've said to NinthPixel, though. Don't repeat every single thing happening on the screen the entire time. It's okay to divert a little - and talk about other things. Or make funny references.

Lol yeah.

Anyway speaking of FR, I'm bidding on this pricey Location test secret card and stickers, I put a max of ¥6000, I don't know why, I'm a whore. I already have 5 other cards, well six if you count the blank one which I normally use.

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t464051138

There's two hours left til it ends.

Watch me swoop in and bid 6001. :p
Just kidding.

Hope you win it.

lupinko

Lol thanks Sayah, I wouldn't mind losing as I shouldn't be buying this, also the Devil Kazumi render and the two jbstyle evo designs (Devil Asuka and Lili/Eliza) cards I own are so much nicer. I also have the Tekken Galaga and Mishima Men cards too.

But they're regular cards, and I can't go haha fuck you I have a location test card with Tekken Girls.

This is really for ego and vanity purposes. lmao

Someone is selling Mari Shimazaki Kazumi location test card from last year on the same auction site with ¥9800 to start.

I'm not that big of a whore. Lol

Edit: actually it's not bad if I win this, because in order to get it, the closest would have been to travel to Tokyo to get it, and this sorta justifies the cost to get it.

Pachimari

That's a really nice card lupinko, hope you win that bidding! I wonder how the other cards can be even nicer than that one. I actually love it.

AAK

Let me know what you peeps think of my commentary. Pixel just uploaded the recent tournament. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJf4tA1dc8

I watched a good portion of it live. The one comment I have is how you managed to maintain the stamina for the entire duration of the tournament. That's impressive! The few times I did help out on commentary for Russell's Toronto events I'm pretty much exhausted within 45 minutes.

lupinko

That's a really nice card lupinko, hope you win that bidding! I wonder how the other cards can be even nicer than that one. I actually love it.

Yeah it is, and it also comes with stickers, so my vanilla one I can use one of those stickers on it, or just keep the stickers. I can use them to decorate a PS4 or arcade stick or something.

I actually thought about using artwork my former student did for me of Kirby, Mario, Pit, Link and Marth and scan it and use it as a design to print as a vinyl sticker (which I never get around to doing). It's not an arcade game but Bamco did make the newest Smash game? Lol

Edit: Also the Tekken girls was only available on Sunday, Friday was Akuma, and Saturday was Heihachi.

No one really cares for Heihachi I noticed. Lol

How hard is it to learn Korean backdash? Tekken scrub here (my experience in Tekken is about 30min fiddling with Lars in Training mode and 30min doing arcade mode), it seems very important and in most video linked here they do it. Can I fraud myself and play without it or will everyone online in Tekken 7FR do it and I'm expected to learn it? I'm gonna be honest my opinion of the whole thing is if they gonna keep such a mechanic in, why not just lower backdash recovery?

AAK

Korean backdash means you're just cancelling your backdash animation with a crouch and repeating. So technically if you've simply done a crouch doing a backdash then you've learned how to KBackdash.

Now to learn the timing on how to consecutively get the maximum displacement with each backdash takes practice. That's all there is honestly.

Here's TMM's tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWa4AU5G5s8

He knows how to Korean Backdash, but he's no where near the level even among Europeans to be able to take on players like Harry Potter/Asim/Malekith let alone the Japanese/Koreans. It's all about practice and how proficient you really want to be with it.

AAK

Just saw this on Aris's twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZmpQpEK-fw

This is just unbelievable.

So like here's the thing..that's gameplay. There's no presentation merit to that. That's just how the game works. Its like when people hate how Tekken movement looks lol.

I forgot to reply to this. I understand that things are the way they are for the way the game currently works. I see no reason as to why things can't change for future iterations that can improve the presentation and maintain the gameplay functionality.

Rajang

Im still watching the 6 hour T7 FR stream by Rip, Rickstah and BloodHawk.

Still got 3 hours to go. And man I love almost everything about FR, except the implementation of Akuma. Was very hyped with his annoucement but the way he plays in FR just looks really off.

So K-Bob proves there can be more than one Ratk per character. I think if every character had 2 or 3 that'd be great.
Saw Claudio's two new moves in action. u/f+3+4 is not going to be much of a wall carry, it's more of a combo extender. The second seems really odd. It uses starburst but It's just a two hit gut punch that KD. Doesn't do a lot of damage and doesn't give you another starburst on hit. Does it do something on CH? In juggles? Dunno but right now it's uses seem limited.

Dereck

If I were to make a "in memory of" video for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, it would probably be this video. I remember when this used to look cool a few years ago. Looking back on this game now, I'm glad that I buried this game last year. Sometimes it can look so messy and ugly. I'm looking at this video, all I'm seeing is chaos. This is cool chaos. There's a point where these Tag 2 combo videos went from "these are cool", to "these are retarded and they make the game look retarded as well". Looking towards Tekken 7, while the combos aren't really toned down per se, I'm really ready to move from this chaotic combo system to something less chaotic.

If I were to make a "in memory of" video for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, it would probably be this video. I remember when this used to look cool a few years ago. Looking back on this game now, I'm glad that I buried this game last year. Sometimes it can look so messy and ugly. I'm looking at this video, all I'm seeing is chaos. This is cool chaos. There's a point where these Tag 2 combo videos went from "these are cool", to "these are retarded and they make the game look retarded as well". Looking towards Tekken 7, while the combos aren't really toned down per se, I'm really ready to move from this chaotic combo system to something less chaotic.
I kinda thinking the same thing looking at the video. Almost looks like an ASW fighter with all the loops.

I forgot to reply to this. I understand that things are the way they are for the way the game currently works. I see no reason as to why things can't change for future iterations that can improve the presentation and maintain the gameplay functionality.

I mean how would you do that exactly then?

TTT2 is messy though. Not just in combo but the way shit happens unintentionally. Like a guy tag crashing and hitting the wall for the KO messy.

Woo! RATs getting even better. I like it.

Murray and Harada must hate us for calling those moves that but it's their names we shorten. I mean remember World Tekken Federation?
Nah. WTF was that?
if-you-know-what-i-mean.jpeg

Gigas is actually steroid fed Anna.
Yeah but don't forget. Yoshi stole her octopus outfit from TTT2 and put it on his head.

Yoshi Sandwhich combos.
NEf5MP1.gif

Jack getting wall slammed 8 times.

Bryan going off the reservation.
49sVyu2.png

As for T7 Akuma looking weird, I dunno. I agree it's odd, but it also feels uniquely street fighter. Once I accepted a SF character in a Tekken game, as well as the mechanics (EX, FADC), the animation kinda fits. It's a package deal for me I guess.

Whatever. I will still enjoy delivering him justice with Yoshimitsu.

It looks odd because of the difference in speed & quality of animation. You've been watching Akuma for 25 years with about half or less as many animations per move. Obviously it will look slower & be slower.

Its not that. I am not comparing him to his previous game animations. He looks off compared to everybody else in this game to me. Ill have to see it in person though.

Played a bunch of sfv last night. Wish namco would drop some barebones T7 on us, hehe. Dammit namco!

Didn't watch the whole video but damn, didn't ever expect to hear that song again outside of my wwf cd from 95...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I would say it's a good time to be a TEKKEN fan, but I said that too many times already.

Haven't been disappointed by those words in a long while. :)

But then, I got all my Tekken waiting wiggles out when Tekken 6 was delayed for a year, and I've reached patience nirvana. I guess it helps that I've got a lot of other games/hobbies/distractions keeping me busy.

Come to think about it, I haven't played Tag 2 in a long while. Still stoked though.

lupinko

Actually I wonder if the Tekken 7 records carry over, the video only mentioned the customizations which I also hope includes gold and orbs because I have like over 10 million goal still.

So I scumbagged it up and played Solo Anna, which pretty much cemented that I will not enjoy T7 very much unless she's in the game.

Here's hoping she's one of the four secret characters.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
So I scumbagged it up and played Solo Anna, which pretty much cemented that I will not enjoy T7 very much unless she's in the game.

Do you know if any of her moves transferred over to Nina? Purely speculation, I don't really see the point of the two sisters in the game. (I know they're both different).

Sayah

I thought Lili was your primary and Anna was secondary?

But yeah, I need Anna!!
I would say it's a good time to be a TEKKEN fan, but I said that too many times already.

Okay. I'm officially going to take this as good news for Europe/North America fans. 2016 release here we go.

lupinko

So I'm going to practice Paul at home and Korean backdash and wave dash too.

Also Lili too, so yeah time to sell out with Paul!

Do you know if any of her moves transferred over to Nina? Purely speculation, I don't really see the point of the two sisters in the game. (I know they're both different).

I haven't watched any of the recent streams, but Nina looks the exact same, I don't know if she even has any new moves other than her tailspin stuff.

Anna and Nina play differently and have completely different gameplans, there's definitely a point to having both of them in the game. They are as different as Hei and Kaz.

I thought Lili was your primary and Anna was secondary?

But yeah, I need Anna!!

Okay. I'm officially going to take this as good news for Europe/North America fans. 2016 release here we go.

this is true, but I find that I am better with Anna than Lili.

lupinko

Well that's the entire point of both sisters in the game, they're both different characters.

They're more different than Ryu and Ken are different, but you don't see people dropping Ken like a sack of potatoes.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'll be the one laughing when it does release this year. I'll be the one laughing.

Obama-LOL-Funny-LOL-Laugh-Laughing-Hilarious-Thats-Funny-So-Funny-Hihi-HAHA-Obama-Obama-Laugh-Obama-Laughing-GIF.gif

tumblr_ljto2nafMQ1qixleeo1_500.gif

I think we'll all be laughing if that happens. But when it releases in 2017, we won't be filled with disappointment that it didn't make the 2016 window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom