• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

I would give it a few months, game has only been out for about 8 hours.

Yep, kiddies will move unto something new but its another reason i should have not bought it back in august.
Edit :
tumblr_nz8tfzNuB51qcw656o1_500.gif

At least SF5 might keep me a bit busy until this badass comes to our homes.

Ok so played a good view games of SF5, and my experience is not so great. Im posting it here as just to let you guys know, every game that i have won i got people disconnecting so i didn't receive any league point or fight money, this is really bad. Right know i could compare SF5 online community to something like cod, its no fun. Thing is if i post it in the OT i will get bashed like crazy lol.

Ono just tweeted about server problems.

Doomshine

A disconnect should always give the win to the other player. I don't care if the disconnect is "legit" or not, it shouldn't happen enough to be a big issue.

I hope Tekken 7 sticks to that system.

A disconnect should always give the win to the other player. I don't care if the disconnect is "legit" or not, it shouldn't happen enough to be a big issue.

I hope Tekken 7 sticks to that system.
Tag 2's system is perfect. You get a loss and you get marked with a disconnect rate percentage.

GrayFoxPL

Ok so played a good view games of SF5, and my experience is not so great. Im posting it here as just to let you guys know, every game that i have won i got people disconnecting so i didn't receive any league point or fight money, this is really bad. Right know i could compare SF5 online community to something like cod, its no fun. Thing is if i post it in the OT i will get bashed like crazy lol.

Ordered SFV so I see how it goes. I know MK community has insane number of rage quitters online. Didn't know SF has those.

AAK

I just saw that I had a PM from MikeMyers that I never checked. This is from January and I think this is fascinating:

MikeMyers said:
Hey, do you remember when we were talking about Tekken's sales getting worse each sequel after 3, and I pointed out that 5 sold more than 4? Well, I may have been wrong.

The source is a Harada interview where he says they sold 6 million, with 4 million of those sold in Europe. Well, being that US and Japan are the only other major markets, the sales of US and Japan would have to close to 2 million. So I did some investigating.

Famitsu has the game selling a bit less than Tekken 4, at around 300,000. Tekken 4 cracked a million in the US while Tekken 5 didn't even chart on the million sellers list. NPD has Tekken 5 at 700,000. So US + Japan = 1 million, less than Tekken 4 in those markets and meaning something about Harada's 6 million wasn't adding up.

After talking to some people about it, we came to the conclusion that Harada might be adding in Tekken 5 DR, since then the number gets a lot closer to what Harada says.

I realize you probably wont care much, but I needed to get it of my chest, haha.

Tekken 4... how different of a world we would have had if it got a DR expansion.

sasuke_91

I just saw that I had a PM from MikeMyers that I never checked. This is from January and I think this is fascinating:

Tekken 4... how different of a world we would have had if it got a DR expansion.

That is really interesting. Why didn't he share this with all of us?^^
Damn... if T4 would have gotten the expansion instead of 5, we would have gotten nerf's Jin and Steve and maybe some tweaked stage physics. I definitely wouldn't mind getting this now :p

If anyone wants to play, I'm Online right now.

GrayFoxPL

I bought DR two times on PSN, that's why it did good, lol.

I still dream about Tekken Collection with modern netcode and universal hub menu. No matter what Tekken you're playing you would always see where are other players so you could msg them and jump to their game any time.

And Tekken Zero.

Btw. What year is now in Tekken 7? Kinda looks like 2030 or something.

That is really interesting. Why didn't he share this with all of us?^^
Damn... if T4 would have gotten the expansion instead of 5, we would have gotten nerf's Jin and Steve and maybe some tweaked stage physics. I definitely wouldn't mind getting this now :p

If anyone wants to play, I'm Online right now.

Tekken or SF?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Tekken's chronology is really weird. I kinda figure Tekken 1 & 2 were supposed to be set in modern times (at the time), but then they had a nearly 20 year time skip to Tekken 3, but things only really started to look futuristic in Tekken 5 with the space colony stage and whatnot.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken's chronology is really weird. I kinda figure Tekken 1 & 2 were supposed to be set in modern times (at the time), but then they had a nearly 20 year time skip to Tekken 3, but things only really started to look futuristic in Tekken 5 with the space colony stage and whatnot.

Yeah I love T5 stages, but they are totally random.

The space station really threw me off but then you fight on a pirate ship with tons of gold all over. Who's character story does it tie into again?

cordy

Banned

This is what I think.

Tekken = 1995
Tekken 2 = 1997 (Lei's theme is called The Place, 1997 and it takes place 2 years after Tekken)
Tekken 3 = 2016 (19 years after Tekken 2 stated)
Tekken 4 = 2018 (2 years after Tekken 4 stated)
Tekken 5 = 2018 (a few months after Tekken 4 stated)
Tekken 6 = 2019 (couldn't have been longer than a year since most characters are the same age but some aged a year I think, stated that Jin's announcement of the tournament was very quick so I'm guessing it's been at least 1 year from T4-T6 so 2019)
Tekken 7 = ???

Guess it depends when T7's story takes place. These characters look older than they did in the previous games so I'm going to just assume it's 1-2 years later around 2020-2021.

GrayFoxPL

This is what I think.

Tekken = 1995
Tekken 2 = 1997 (Lei's theme is called The Place, 1997)
Tekken 3 = 2016 (19 years after Tekken 2 stated)
Tekken 4 = 2018 (2 years after Tekken 4 stated)
Tekken 5 = 2018 (a few months after Tekken 4 stated)
Tekken 6 = 2019 (couldn't have been longer than a year since most characters are the same age but some aged a year I think, stated that Jin's announcement of the tournament was very quick so I'm guessing it's been at least 1 year from T4-T6 so 2019)
Tekken 7 = ???

Guess it depends when T7's story takes place. These characters look older than thye did in the previous games so I'm going to just assume it's 1-2 years later around 2020-2021.

Nice!

All this SFV fuckery has let me reflect on why I got into TTT2 so heavy: because it worked when I wanted to play. Near flawless netcode (especially in the first year or so), matches came instant, could practice while I waited, and oh yeah you could even put your own music in.

Capcom pls. Bitch as we should about Namco taking forever for T7 console release, but I bet it will work.

Sayah

All this SFV fuckery has let me reflect on why I got into TTT2 so heavy: because it worked when I wanted to play. Near flawless netcode (especially in the first year or so), matches came instant, could practice while I waited, and oh yeah you could even put your own music in.

Capcom pls. Bitch as we should about Namco taking forever for T7 console release, but I bet it will work.

Well, I guess I'm glad I didn't purchase SFV after hearing some of the experiences people have been having.
The funny thing is that they did multiple betas just to ensure smooth online play during console release.

LowParry

Well, I guess I'm glad I didn't purchase SFV after hearing some of the experiences people have been having.
The funny thing is that they did multiple betas just to ensure smooth online play during console release.

It's such a killer fact. Beta tests, beta tests and this is our result of it. To be fair we are on a different platform (if that, at all, makes any sort of difference) but meh. It's just been a lab day and all I want now is to play against people online.

Sayah

It's such a killer fact. Beta tests, beta tests and this is our result of it. To be fair we are on a different platform (if that, at all, makes any sort of difference) but meh. It's just been a lab day and all I want now is to play against people online.

I remember I had the whole weekend to myself but I ended playing the last beta maybe half an hour total before getting bored and going back to Splatoon.

It's just not my type of fighter. But props to those that enjoy it.

I'll buy it/support it if the sales are abysmal just because this IP is important for fighting games.

LowParry

I remember I had the whole weekend to myself but I ended playing the last beta maybe half an hour total before getting bored and going back to Splatoon.

It's just not my type of fighter. But props to those that enjoy it.

I'll buy it/support it if the sales are abysmal just because this IP is important for fighting games.

No worries. Not all games are for everyone. It's like me and Splatoon. Just not for me. Same with other fighters like MVC3 or Blazeblue. Fun as hell to watch but play? Naw.

Sayah

No worries. Not all games are for everyone. It's like me and Splatoon. Just not for me. Same with other fighters like MVC3 or Blazeblue. Fun as hell to watch but play? Naw.

Blazblue is not for me but MvC3 - I played that game a lot (~200-300 hours or so). It would be a lot more enjoyable for me if it was more balanced and some of the characters were not so significantly overpowered.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Hey AAK, I remembered Bastion and Transistor from when we were talking before. I can't decide which to pick first, will I go with the recent and pick Transistor? I like RPGs a lot.

lupinko

It will work and probably even better considering that Tekken 7 and FR are built from the ground up with netplay. Remember when you play local the game is actually playing on a LAN.

Which explains the long loads and netjank even if not playing online.

Pachimari

You really wouldn't get bashed though.. Everybody is complaining that it doesn't work in the OT already.

Nuszka

Im gonna be happy if T7 works as good as Tag 2.
Been playing some SF5 yesterday unfortunately dlc in this game seems to be account/region locked so I'm forced to pay on my US Psn account which i only used for purchasing stuff from as all is soo much cheaper then here in UK. If anyone wants to add my other account feel free psn: beatka Im using a Batsu from Rival Schools avatar.

Pachimari

Im gonna be happy if T7 works as good as Tag 2.
Been playing some SF5 yesterday unfortunately dlc in this game seems to be account/region locked so I'm forced to pay on my US Psn account which i only used for purchasing stuff from as all is soo much cheaper then here in UK. If anyone wants to add my other account feel free psn: beatka Im using a Batsu from Rival Schools avatar.

What is your CFN? I'll add you. :)

AAK

TTT2 not only had working online with stellar netcode but also the WTF service fully functional as well day 1 for both consoles. It really is an incredibly under-appreciated launch for a AAA title when I think about it.

Interesting, 3 consecutive weekends of location tests. Last weekend was the official one, this weekend is JAE2016
where VF6 continues to not exist :(
, and closing with the Korean Loc. Test.

GrayFoxPL

Lol wtf guys.

I didn't plan on playing Tag2 today but I said to myself: "Eh I'll check it. Probably barren because everyone plays SFV."

I jump into ranked and there are shitload of this fuckers playing from beginning to yellow ranks! It looked like some kind of Tekken Holiday.

I played from 12 to 19 and had nonstop fights with mostly different people, not even rerankers, maybe 2 max. Mostly guys my "standard" with 50% wins and thousands of fights.

What the fuck, this is Wednesday during day. It's ridiculous. Why so many people?

Is SFV so bad or something? Hope not, I already paid for this shit, lol.

Tbh this calmed me down a little. Tag2 still so strong. At least online in Europe.

Eyh0OBq.gif

Also please Raven and Lee in T7, I had such sweet Raven/Violet session now. ><

Dereck

How many characters does Tekken 7 need?

Nah like, answer my question fam, because I don't know.

The thing people ought to somewhat consider with making a thing that people like, is that when you add more to that thing that people like, those people are gonna just ask for more stuff to be added to the thing that they like. This is the same thing that happened with Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I see people saying stuff along the lines of they won't buy the game if Lei isn't in, the won't buy it if Lee isn't in, they won't buy it if Marduk isn't in. I won't buy Tekken 7 if Nina isn't in, then Nina is announced and that same guy is like, yeah!, Nina is in, but where is Lee? Where's my cousin? Where's that guy I met in math class last year? Where's Obama? Where's Devil Miguel? Nahmean?

I guess I'm so jaded by accepting reality that I understand that not every character needs to be in this game. You guys have seen my 16 character roster, I think a lot of the characters that are already in the game maybe shouldn't be in. Like a good 1/3 of them could be cut, and the game ain't even finished yet, nalm talmbout?

AAK

In my personal priority list, adding brand new animations to the current moves that are still recycled from the PS1 generation should take precedence over new characters.

So yeah, I'm cool with the current roster (and even fewer characters) as long as it's presentation gets a proper next-gen treatment. The new character design art is a great first step, now give every character better running animations, tackling animations, personal crouching animations, etc. that make it worthy of being a PS4 title.

Creaking

I guess. I mean, my main main is in, but I knew he would be (Yoshimitsu). None of my other mains are though. I like to play a whole lot of characters regularly. A third or more of the TTT2 cast. Very few of those characters are in though. Feng and Hwoarang are pretty far down the list, but they're the closest that are actually in the game.

Not that I won't buy the game. Unless Harada starts sacrificing babies in the name of his waifu, I'm beyond sold. Might like one of the new characters I suppose.

GrayFoxPL

The thing people ought to somewhat consider with making a thing that people like, is that when you add more to that thing that people like, those people are gonna just ask for more stuff to be added to the thing that they like. This is the same thing that happened with Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I see people saying stuff along the lines of they won't buy the game if Lei isn't in, the won't buy it if Lee isn't in, they won't buy it if Marduk isn't in. I won't buy Tekken 7 if Nina isn't in, then Nina is announced and that same guy is like, yeah!, Nina is in, but where is Lee? Where's my cousin? Where's that guy I met in math class last year? Where's Obama? Where's Devil Miguel? Nahmean?

I guess I'm so jaded by accepting reality that I understand that not every character needs to be in this game. You guys have seen my 16 character roster, I think a lot of the characters that are already in the game maybe shouldn't be in. Like a good 1/3 of them could be cut, and the game ain't even finished yet, nalm talmbout?

They shouldn't made all Tag2 characters so good and fun to play. It's hard not to miss characters designed so well. It's not like you throw away trash characters.

I mean Alisa, Lucky Chloe, Lili and other new clowns are a waste of character slots. But imo, right? I would build T7 roster way differently than official one.

If they put in Raven, Lee, Miguel and Kuma I may forgive them some sins. ;)

I'd put even 10 more to the current roster. Why not? It's not like newcomers won't complain they have to learn too much even with the current roster. They would even if the game had 12 characters.

This is Tekken, you can't be soft and you gotta learn, improve and level up.

Creaking

Lol, Harada's one loose statement about roster size keeps getting smaller. He spoke to Aris on one occasion nearly two years ago and said (paraphrased by Aris) that he thought 36-38 was a good number.

In regards to new player intimidation, I feel like the pretty graphics, 1v1 only, and general changes to oki and movement--along with flashy super stuff like rage arts--will do a lot to appeal to newer players and help them stand more of a chance against the more hardcore audience. A solid, non-gimmicky tutorial would, of course, also help. And fewer/faster loading screens.

Pachimari

I love huge rosters and that's why I really love the Tag games but I am fine with the current Tekken 7 roster. That's a lot of characters already and I got my Josie. It would be nice if Lei were in, only because he's one of the originals.

Infiltrator had an amazing g run earlier with Charlie Nash. 69 straight wins and then he decided to call it a day.

Nah, I still need a black character before I fully commit. FOR THE PRINCIPALITY.
Might go weak if Miguel is in though.

GrayFoxPL

I don't care about some peoples emotional discomfort while looking at character select screen. Do they cry playing KOF and Marvel or something?

Fuck them, just give me more of those good chars so I can forget about the shitty ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom