• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Woah, not a single post. That's sad. I don't think I have ever seen a thread with no replies for such a long period of time. And the story of Tekken is interesting enough.

Dereck

That lore discussion thread being dead is slightly chuckle worthy.

I think any thread about Tekken not concerning some kind of console release is dead on sight.

EDIT: IT LIVES!

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
AAK and Legsock, sorry for not getting back to ye two. I was wrapped up in Destiny.

Edit: Since we're on the topic of lore, I can only dream of core fighters having a deep story like this scenario. Here's the English version.
It's a spoiler for the last segment of the Naruto UNS4 story. I just thought the final fight was done so well, aside from the QTE fest. Reminded me of the MGS 4 slugfest where
Snake and Liquid fight each other.

Pachimari

So everyone is playing SFV now?^^
Yeah, I am. Daily. Tekken is still my primary franchise but Street Fighter V is a great title to kill the wait. It is addicting and so fulfilling. It's so satisfying learning a character and a big chump of the roster is very interesting. I haven't won a single online match yet though. Actually, I have never won a Street Fighter match online but it will come with time and practice, and I'm training hard.

Though, I need a Fighting Commander 4. I need light, medium and heavy buttons on six face buttons. Would be a little easier than using the shoulder buttons on a Dual Shock 4.

lupinko

It's funny that the anime won't reach that part for another year. CC2 doing Pierrot's work indeed.

So everyone is playing SFV now?^^

Nope, I'm playing Tekken 7.

With SFV being sorta busted right now helps me push my PS4 purchase down lower on my priorities list.

Pachimari

I actually think it's fixed for some people. And expect most to be ironed out this weekend. I have had no disconnects, I'm being matched up quickly and battle lounges are working. Have had no problems with Street Fighter V. Of course there's still some people who can't get into lounges and where matchmaking is taking a long time.

I would rather be playing Fated Retribution though. ^_^

It's been alright for me too. No disconnects, slightly long wait between matches but generally great when i got them. Did the single player stuff too and thought it was alright.

. . . But I'd drop this in a heartbeat for T7 as well.

Dereck

Tekken 7 FR is releasing in Japanese arcades in July 2016.

cHM8oaw.gif
cHM8oaw.gif
cHM8oaw.gif

lupinko

3Ep14Ng.png

There's a mockup, I dumped the 20th anniversary logo (I don't have a good enough quality version), and I'm not a fan of putting the logo in (and I don't have a good quality version of the logo either).

I used the same cropping angle that Bamco used for the Devil Asuka Banapass.

I want to see if I can do color engraving, it's apparently pretty rad, what you see there is just a lazy mockup.

EDIT: I saw Wonkey's tweets, yeah it's direct from JAEPO yesterday, it's a July game. GGPO 2016 console date.

But you guys can get hype for Nobi vs Tokido at JAEPO!

Dereck

There is going to be a Tekken 7.0 tournament at Final Round 19, and I just signed up for it.

I was confused though because they just put up registration for it today.

Nuszka

At this stage i just stopped waiting :( Wonder what it means for evo? Does a game need to be on the market for at least 6 weeks prior to the tournament to be in the rooster?
Didn't expect to enjoy SF5 that much, only playing with FANG the beginning was quite difficult but i started getting my rage quitters today so I'm pretty happy about it :)

T7FR at EVO will just be another glorified exhibition, except this time it will be new to everyone! I'm actually not mad/cynical at this. Maybe Asia will travel in droves to play it. Good luck America!

cordy

Banned
Seems like it's releasing early July before EVO for arcades. This is also the longest amount of time for a Tekken update to hit consoles post announcement (DR/BR/U/FR) too.

A late 2016 console release isn't dead yet though given Cerny (PS4's lead architect) said it takes 2-3 months to port a big game over to the PS4. Harada/Murray said that as soon as the game releases in arcades they'll start the console version. Tekken games last gen had a 10 month (T6) and 6 month (TTT2) waiting period before the consoles and that's mostly because of how hard it was to develop for it based on their PS3 hardware.

The biggest issue is...the extras. Scenario/Campaign, intros/endings, extra modes, all the extra stuff that comes with a console version is what will be the hold up.

tldr; If it was the base game then yeah we'd get it late this year but if it's all the extra stuff? Who knows given Namco takes pride into it. Can't even find any info on how long it's taken Namco in the past to add that stuff tbh.

GrayFoxPL

At this stage i just stopped waiting :( Wonder what it means for evo? Does a game need to be on the market for at least 6 weeks prior to the tournament to be in the rooster?
Didn't expect to enjoy SF5 that much, only playing with FANG the beginning was quite difficult but i started getting my rage quitters today so I'm pretty happy about it :)

I think it means for Evo that 99% of western players will have zero experience with FR so few Japanese and Korean players will come, wipe out all competition and play finals among themselves. The whole Tekken 7 at Evo is comical for me since it's arcade only and in very limited release.

Playing "Strip Fajter" too, but it seems my Ken Majster skills evaporated decade or so ago. Can't Shoryuken like I used to. Sad.
Nash is good but boring as hell, he really needs that down, up slash kick for pure gameplay spice. Waiting for Guile. I'm looking into Vega and Karin, maybe they'll click.

Btw online is barren of Vega's and Fangs, never played against them.

Btw Zangief will get that nerf stick, that SPD wins everytime, anytime!

I'm StridderGray there. Hit me up.

sasuke_91

The biggest issue is...the extras. Scenario/Campaign, intros/endings, extra modes, all the extra stuff that comes with a console version is what will be the hold up.

This is my biggest concern. If it was solely for porting the game to console, there wouldn't be any problem. But if they want to add in a lot extras like Story Campaign (please don't) and other stuff, a lot of time is going to pass before we see this game.

Stop waiting for the game, guys. And don't have any expectations.

Come on, the game is not coming out this year. Bury it.

Also this.

cordy

Banned
Namco's holding T7 back from consoles so they can add in a few Scenario Campaign chapters dedicated to Xiaoyu and Alisa fighting robotic bears.

LowParry

Btw online is barren of Vega's and Fangs, never played against them.

I'm StridderGray there. Hit me up.

I've been using Vega and Bison on and off. Fang is a whole different beast to play against. It's like watching someone press a button and target combo's come out 6 at a time or something. It's a strange fight. Are lobbies actually working now?

GrayFoxPL

I've been using Vega and Bison on and off. Fang is a whole different beast to play against. It's like watching someone press a button and target combo's come out 6 at a time or something. It's a strange fight. Are lobbies actually working now?

Damn, I should worry when I'll finally meet one.

Seen few lobbies, literally 5.

Sayah

Incoming FFXIII post,
Namco just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but impatience and instant gratification are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by creating animes full of filler episodes. If you screw someone over in America, you get boycotted and publicly harassed, and the only way to get rid of that is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Tekken 7 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Namco, publicly apologize and cancel Tekken 7 for Arcades or you can kiss your business goodbye.

cordy

Banned
The whole reason why I thought 2016 is because I figured Namco would stick to the same schedule for these games as they've been doing the past 10 years but it doesn't appear to be. They're doing a far longer location test schedule and release for FR than any Tekken update. Had we been on the same schedule I can see a late 2016 but nah, that's unreal. We probably won't get the game this year then.

And think about it for a bit.

- By far T7FR has the longest "announcement to location test to arcade release" schedule out of any Tekken to date and since T7FR is releasing in July, this surpassed T5/DR, T6/BR and TTT2/U
- T7 will have been in arcades the longest out of any Tekken before the updated title
- T7 will probably be the longest Tekken to be in arcades before a console release
- T7 is bringing in the most revenue out of any Tekken in arcades apparently

This is a brand new schedule. They flipped the script on us.

Dammit Namco.

Sayah

Arcades are dying but Tekken somehow has never been more profitable in the arcades. Namco sees the $$ and decides to prolong the arcade version for the long stretch while 95% of Tekken fans wait like they've never waited before. Meanwhile, American/European competitive players are trolled with tournaments that they're not going to win.

Thank you Lupinko for spending that $1,000 to ensure the arcades never die out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom