• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

Lol, Harada's one loose statement about roster size keeps getting smaller. He spoke to Aris on one occasion nearly two years ago and said (paraphrased by Aris) that he thought 36-38 was a good number.

In regards to new player intimidation, I feel like the pretty graphics, 1v1 only, and general changes to oki and movement--along with flashy super stuff like rage arts--will do a lot to appeal to newer players and help them stand more of a chance against the more hardcore audience. A solid, non-gimmicky tutorial would, of course, also help. And fewer/faster loading screens.

Tekken 7 has a lot of loading screens because it's always trying to connect, even when playing local. It's just how the game was designed to be completely online.

It's a double edged sword really.

Sayah

Nah, I still need a black character before I fully commit. FOR THE PRINCIPALITY.
Might go weak if Miguel is in though.

You have Akuma. Kappa.
Bring Tag 3 and skip 7 Namco

No, thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to going back to 1v1 matches again.

As long as it's not like Fight Lab, that thing was utter trash.

That's being a little harsh. It's not that bad. There was someone in FGW that was praising it recently as a newcomer to Tekken.

AllenShrz

Someday I want a Tag 3 with 70+ characters. I just love those huge character select screens. But for now I prefer 1v1 battles.

Oh god, no. Why you want to kill Tekken? It maybe fun for for the pros that are willing to learn all characters, all move sets, all the frame data but not at all for the rest.

Now im trying to play SF5.... is so weird.... I dont know how to make simple combos there, seams like the wild west to me, no structure, just learn the sequence of moves of a combo but thast it, no room for change..... I hope Im wrong.

Numb

You have Akuma. Kappa.

No, thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to going back to 1v1 matches again.

That's being a little harsh. It's not that bad. There was someone in FGW that was praising it recently as a newcomer to Tekken.

Tag mode for T7 like tag 2 had solo then
ill live there. You can just ignore it like solo is now

Sayah

Tag mode for T7 like tag 2 had solo then
ill live there. You can just ignore it like solo is now

If that were the case, tag mode would become standard for competitive play due to the extra depth it would add.

But after MvC3, SFXTK, and TTT2, I've personally have had enough of tag games. I'm so very much looking forward to less hectic-ness in general.

Numb

Love tag games
Always down for more

TO's using tag mode cos of depth i didn't think about. Good! If they don't just use solo like the game was intended

Sayah

I've had my fill with them.

Tag games generally tend to introduce more BS.

Tag 2 is full of it too despite how much I love it. Like I love when the other person is raw tagging and I'm the one getting launched. lol. This is why I'm ready for 1v1. I don't want to deal with tag BS shenanigans anymore. At least not for awhile.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't care about some peoples emotional discomfort while looking at character select screen. Do they cry playing KOF and Marvel or something?

Fuck them, just give me more of those good chars so I can forget about the shitty ones.

fa4eb9054606f02d2a94308d0f87eb4d.gif

DEATH™

Oh god, no. Why you want to kill Tekken? It maybe fun for for the pros that are willing to learn all characters, all move sets, all the frame data but not at all for the rest.

Now im trying to play SF5.... is so weird.... I dont know how to make simple combos there, seams like the wild west to me, no structure, just learn the sequence of moves of a combo but thast it, no room for change..... I hope Im wrong.

I do think there are much more people that skip Tekken games because they dont have their mains than what you guys think.

Ah it doesnt matter anyway. From time and time again people get hyped for the new tekken game and then drop it and complain about it for a month due to salt, while praising the previous games. I've seen it so many times now in retrospect that I don't see this next game be different.

lupinko

I'll post a better mockup later when I get home, but for my Devil Asuka PS4, just Devil Asuka and the Anniversary logo is enough right? Clean and classy?

I already spoke with the laser engraving place in Okinawa about it. I'm going to place an order for a Glacier White PS4 HDD cover.

AllenShrz

DEATH™;195721166 said:
I do think there are much more people that skip Tekken games because they dont have their mains than what you guys think.

Ah it doesnt matter anyway. From time and time again people get hyped for the new tekken game and then drop it and complain about it for a month due to salt, while praising the previous games. I've seen it so many times now in retrospect that I don't see this next game be different.

Oh yes, I will happen. I remember my first month with T7 and not liking it so much and thinking that TTT2 was better but now is the other way around.

What I like the most is that T7 is much more simple and easier to learn, plus I don't have make a sandwich every time I get launched

I'll post a better mockup later when I get home, but for my Devil Asuka PS4, just Devil Asuka and the Anniversary logo is enough right? Clean and classy?

I already spoke with the laser engraving place in Okinawa about it. I'm going to place an order for a Glacier White PS4 HDD cover.

huh where in Okinawa? do you have a link?

Doomshine

If that were the case, tag mode would become standard for competitive play due to the extra depth it would add.
Didn't happen for MK and DOA. The good (or bad depending on who you ask) thing about Tag 2 is that it's designed around the tag mode and not just tacked on.

That's why I prefer the tag games to be separate.

I don't see the roster stopping at 35, considering the current number and who's left to be revealed along with any more new characters....

I think the console version will have more characters as well but that's just an assumption.

About Tag mode I wouldn't be opposed to it but I wouldn't be mad about it not showing up either.

GrayFoxPL

Haha, sweet underwater high five!

First day of playing SFV.

My old pad works, yay! Thank you based Lab Zero/Capcom.

It's pretty fun. It's also kind of hilarious the game is basically training + online mode.

Story mode is laughable, just 4 super short fights and that's it. It doesn't even have any meaningful events. Ken's story it's just him going with family to a party - buahah. But the voice acting is pretty good at least. Let's see if the update will be good.

One thing pisses me off. The v-reversal is f+3 buttons. Try to push 3 buttons with a thumb and index finger. Since I can only use 6 buttons I can't bind this shit. I wasted over 3 hours to config buttons so I can push every action but to have even slight ability to use v-reversal I have to use totally fucked up button configuration. Annoys the shit out of me. If I use intuitive button configuration I can't use v-reversal at all.

What do you guys think? Can I play this without using v-reversal? Or am I fucked if I get frame trapped/pressured? I'm using Nash/Ken right now.

Why couldn't they use old alpha counter motion? b,db,d+p/k That shit went smooth.

Netcode is nice, total rollback but at least it doesn't have input lag. Got many fights.

Pachimari

GrayFox, add me on Street Fighter V. I'm a Nash player too.

And if there's more Tekken friends here who are currently playing SFV, please add me. :)

GrayFoxPL

GrayFox, add me on Street Fighter V. I'm a Nash player too.

And if there's more Tekken friends here who are currently playing SFV, please add me. :)

I have you on psn already.

If you mean the SFV ID I'm StriderGray there.

Btw wtf is with those SFV id's? Is it because of PC players?

I tried to register GrayFox everything, with PL, GAF, GAFPL, PLGAF, etc. Everything was taken! Wtf who's the asshole who takes Gaf handles?

Numb

I have you on psn already.

If you mean the SFV ID I'm StriderGray there.

Btw wtf is with those SFV id's? Is it because of PC players?

I tried to register GrayFox everything, with PL, GAF, GAFPL, PLGAF, etc. Everything was taken! Wtf who's the asshole who takes Gaf handles?

PC thngy
Mine is Number
Add so we can play

Pachimari

If your CFN name have turned into a number then that's an error you need to report to Capcom, so they can fix that.

I'll add you Gray tomorrow. I am -ZACK- on there.

I'm gonna practice my v-reversal tomorrow but it seems that one would be easier to pull of on a stick or fc4 than a Dual Shock 4.

Numb

If your CFN name have turned into a number then that's an error you need to report to Capcom, so they can fix that.

I'll add you Gray tomorrow. I am -ZACK- on there.

I'm gonna practice my v-reversal tomorrow but it seems that one would be easier to pull of on a stick or fc4 than a Dual Shock 4.
Just the word Number lol

Once I figure out where I will.

Didn't try anything other than automatic online fights, lol.

It's confusing
Basically invites are in the message log on the top left near story
Don't know why they didn't use normal psn messgaes

GrayFoxPL

Just the word Number lol

It's confusing
Basically invites are in the message log on the top left near story
Don't know why they didn't use normal psn messgaes

Haha Number.

"What number?"

"Number."

Thanks 4 info.
Msg probably also because PC?

Dragging us down ;P.

Sayah

Okay. I setup the router. Anyone want to help me test matches now? AAK?

Also, I did speed tests.

WIred connection from modem directly to laptop = Excellent (100 mbps download)
Wired connection from modem to router to laptop = Good (70 mbps download)
Wireless connection on laptop = Okay (25 mbps download)

AAK

Okay. I setup the router. Anyone want to help me test matches now? AAK?

Also, I did speed tests.

WIred connection from modem directly to laptop = Excellent (100 mbps download)
Wired connection from modem to router to laptop = Good (70 mbps download)
Wireless connection on laptop = Okay (25 mbps download)

Sorry, I just checked GAF, still on?

EDIT: Nvm, it's getting late anyway. Will do some other time hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom