• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Oh so Gouki is completely modeled after his Ultra 4 version with FADC, FA, everything. Okay. makes sense.

Nobi getting lit up tho. Murderface is real.

RIP Nobi.

Shun

I share a premium account with someone else, sorry.

Customs look better in this game judging from the trailer and changes to rage arts and rage attacks seem nice.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
maxresdefault.jpg

He will return. #totallynotbob
I also think Lei and maybe Lee will come back.

GrayFoxPL

What it's over? 3 fights? What an exhibition.

But the fights were good even if I saw only pixels.

Tokido did one badass fadc combo.

Nobi had to work way harder for his damage. Tokido just did fast crouching 3(or 4? it's like crouching lk in SF) cancel into fireball super and here goes 45-50% of health bar. Or standing jab hit confirm into demon - works. Shit. Akumer may be stronk.

Rajang

That was some really impressive Akuma play by Tokido.

Its crazy how much he plays like USF4 Akuma. I really hope he gets some more Tekken style moves though.

I found you through your PSN GrayFox. It seems your CFN is SprigganGray. I added you. I also added SquirrelSoup.

Cool.

Still feel like i haven't really settled on a character yet. And i keep getting matched up with people who have like thrice my LP =/

Time to watch that Nobi v Tokido thing~

Edit: Did i just see a chip kill? =o

Tekken Tag 2 continues to have issues on PSN, Tekken Revolution is full of cheaters, and T5DR/T6 have dated netcode. If the plan was to kill the franchise and attempt to resurrect it with Tekken 7, then they are very much succeeding in the former.

Street Fighter 5 gets a 1.5 out of 5 on some review websites, and is Mixed on Steam. No wonder Harada said, "It is Capcom's turn". Tekken 7 is already a much more solid game and would have taken out Street Fighter 5 against expectations. My hopeful heart wants to say that Tekken 7 will be surprise released on consoles shortly after EVO similar to Revolution. If not that, then I get a little sick to think about a 2017 release, even if it is the best game ever it may fall flat.

Fighting games also take a hit from the recent happenings. For which I think Main Event goes over very well. We really need to clean this community up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2Kq-zPHEU
It really gets going at 8:40

My CFN is NinthPixel. Although, I haven't played SF5 much because for whatever reason XSplit can't stream the game (without window capture, and windowed SF5 has reported problems). Was looking forward to stream it as I am among the few long time fighting fans who can say I don't have roots in Street Fighter. Should have bought the game on PS4, but it is just so pretty on PC.

Here's hoping that things get better. Thankful at least that Fingers To Fight keeps the dream alive in Tekken. I am glad I started it when I did to be a little bit established at this point to help Tekken fans during this Depression. I may pick up Street Fighter 5 for online tournaments when the lobbies increase, but I imagine they will happen and be far bigger than what I can muster. Anyway, take care.

sasuke_91

GGs Sayah! Fighting Anna has become a little less frustrating :D
Didn't we use to get 4 bars occasionally? It didn't feel like our connection was worse, but it showed 2-3 bars this time. Wasn't too bad except for a few harder combos dropping (didn't even manage once to get Xiaoyu's combo after SS3 right).

I'm still laughing at those Alisa rockets^^

Sayah

Here's the thread ZTS
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196063622#post196063622
GGs Sayah! Fighting Anna has become a little less frustrating :D
Didn't we use to get 4 bars occasionally? It didn't feel like our connection was worse, but it showed 2-3 bars this time. Wasn't too bad except for a few harder combos dropping (didn't even manage once to get Xiaoyu's combo after SS3 right).

I'm still laughing at those Alisa rockets^^

GGs.

Yeah, if I was back in Jersey, we would be getting four bars because Verizon FIOS is that good.

But I'm in NYC now so that's the best connection I'll get. Just waiting on FIOS to expand over here. Would ditch this cable provider instantly.

fatalexe

Tekken Tag 2 continues to have issues on PSN, Tekken Revolution is full of cheaters, and T5DR/T6 have dated netcode. If the plan was to kill the franchise and attempt to resurrect it with Tekken 7, then they are very much succeeding in the former.

Street Fighter 5 gets a 1.5 out of 5 on some review websites, and is Mixed on Steam. No wonder Harada said, "It is Capcom's turn". Tekken 7 is already a much more solid game and would have taken out Street Fighter 5 against expectations. My hopeful heart wants to say that Tekken 7 will be surprise released on consoles shortly after EVO similar to Revolution. If not that, then I get a little sick to think about a 2017 release, even if it is the best game ever it may fall flat.

Fighting games also take a hit from the recent happenings. For which I think Main Event goes over very well. We really need to clean this community up.

My CFN is NinthPixel. Although, I haven't played SF5 much because for whatever reason XSplit can't stream the game (without window capture, and windowed SF5 has reported problems). Was looking forward to stream it as I am among the few long time fighting fans who can say I don't have roots in Street Fighter. Should have bought the game on PS4, but it is just so pretty on PC.

Here's hoping that things get better. Thankful at least that Fingers To Fight keeps the dream alive in Tekken. I am glad I started it when I did to be a little bit established at this point to help Tekken fans during this Depression. I may pick up Street Fighter 5 for online tournaments when the lobbies increase, but I imagine they will happen and be far bigger than what I can muster. Anyway, take care.

TTT2 is too hardcore, TR is too scrubby and T7 is nowhere in sight for PC/Consoles. I'm already seriously considering on selling my fightstick (Qanba Q4/Eightarc Fusion) for some extra cash because of this. Actually, I should sell it since I'm not planning on getting a PS4 and Tekken might not make it to PC

Harada needs to step his game up.

Sayah

I love your terminology.

"Tekken fans during this Depression."

lol.

Dereck

TTT2 is too hardcore, TR is too scrubby and T7 is nowhere in sight for PC/Consoles. I'm already seriously considering on selling my fightstick (Qanba Q4/Eightarc Fusion) for some extra cash because of this. Actually, I should sell it since I'm not planning on getting a PS4 and Tekken might not make it to PC

Harada needs to step his game up.
He doesn't need to do anything except ignore us and continue to count that arcade paper.

In reality, the people that have been playing Tekken 7.0 for over a year and FR for a couple of days are playing early versions of the game. Console players will get the absolute best version. No one really needs to care about us because they know that when they do release the game on console, we're gonna buy the game anyway. I don't think the long wait will really make people not buy the game. We can say "I won't buy the game", right now, while it doesn't exist yet. When the pre-order comes up, when the console version has a release date, when a trailer comes out, I doubt those same people will feel the same, but that's just me.

I really don't understand Street Fighter.

Like, I'm playing Laura and she has this meaty looking cartwheel thing. If this was Tekken, the move would give me hella frame advantage on hit because it's slow and unsafe but NOPE... the opponent just keeps pressing buttons and it works. Next match I'm playing against a Birdie and he whiffs this incredibly unsafe looking EX tackle or whatever, then just turns around and counter hits me out of my jab like nothing happened.

It's just so weird coming from Tekken. None of the game sense carries over.

Sayah

He doesn't need to do anything except ignore us and continue to count that arcade paper.

In reality, the people that have been playing Tekken 7.0 for over a year and FR for a couple of days are playing early versions of the game. Console players will get the absolute best version. No one really needs to care about us because they know that when they do release the game on console, we're gonna buy the game anyway. I don't think the long wait will really make people not buy the game. We can say "I won't buy the game", right now, while it doesn't exist yet. When the pre-order comes up, when the console version has a release date, when a trailer comes out, I doubt those same people will feel the same, but that's just me.

2017 release = I buy it used. Which means I have to wait at least 2 weeks or so after release for used copies to go on sale, which is fine considering how long we'll already have waited anyway.

2017 release = I am intentionally NOT supporting Namco with their BS model.

2017 release = Most people have already lost interest by then. See Tekken 6. Namco completely over shipped. It resulted in the game being price dropped to $20 like two weeks after release. I have the feeling the same thing is going to happen with Tekken 7. Most people do not want a 2-year old game. At the very least, Namco could give us the vanilla version somehow while they profit from FR in arcades but we probably won't even get that.

Sayah

2017 release = I hope it does bite them in the ass.
At that point, they've ditched 95% of their fans to appease a small regional audience.

While I'm glad the game is doing well in the Arcades, I can't wish it success if it means we're having the longest wait in Tekken history while a glorified few get to play it because they conveniently live in the region that it's available in or have free time and money to go to every tournament it's playable at. I supported the game the best I could when it was at D&B here in NYC but even that's gone now.

Mortal Kombat X will probably remain the fighting game console success story for this gen anyway.

Sayah

It's why I no longer have a Tekken avatar. And I've had Tekken avatars for pretty much as long as I've been a member here.

I'ma riot till we get a 2016 console release.

Splatoon is my new baby now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom