• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

This should sum up our situation with Namco.

828a4dbf361c98f77bcf99850289853d.gif

I really don't understand Street Fighter.

Like, I'm playing Laura and she has this meaty looking cartwheel thing. If this was Tekken, the move would give me hella frame advantage on hit because it's slow and unsafe but NOPE... the opponent just keeps pressing buttons and it works. Next match I'm playing against a Birdie and he whiffs this incredibly unsafe looking EX tackle or whatever, then just turns around and counter hits me out of my jab like nothing happened.

It's just so weird coming from Tekken. None of the game sense carries over.

Nah that cartwheel probaly would knockdown for a combo. It would also crush lows and be treated as an air move. Considering her cartwheel kick is her v-skill(and gives her V-meter) its a way of balancing it out.

Frame data and such works the same mostly. You gotta remember that H>M>L when the frames are the same.

Nah that cartwheel probaly would knockdown for a combo. It would also crush lows and be treated as an air move. Considering her cartwheel kick is her v-skill(and gives her V-meter) its a way of balancing it out.

Frame data and such works the same mostly. You gotta remember that H>M>L when the frames are the same.

Well, with Tekken I feel like generally when you land a hit, you have some frame advantage to work with. I landed that cartwheel and the animation was barely finished before I ate a cr.MP combo into super for like half my health.

I'm looking at some frame data now and her standing jab has more advantage on block than that cartwheel has on hit, like wat? Eh, I'm sure it'll all click eventually.

GrayFoxPL

Terrible Street Fighter day, I lost every fight, apart two. Also connections were way worse then few days ago. Teleport Fighter. I should not have been so quick in praising it, damn.

Btw I didn't get any notification that someone added me. I don't even know where I should write id's to add. PC crossplay just made this system a mess.

Pachimari

You won't get notified when somebody adds you to their CFN favorites list. Anybody can add you without you knowing.

Go to CFN>Rivals Search and I don't know how it is on PC but I can imagine it's the same. So online ID is PSN and the other one is CFN names.

Well, with Tekken I feel like generally when you land a hit, you have some frame advantage to work with. I landed that cartwheel and the animation was barely finished before I ate a cr.MP combo into super for like half my health.

I'm looking at some frame data now and her standing jab has more advantage on block than that cartwheel has on hit, like wat? Eh, I'm sure it'll all click eventually.

Oh yeah that's generally the way the games work. I just mean mostly in the numbers lol. I think every game has a weird way for accounting frames and what moves do what.

GrayFoxPL

Street Fighter frames talk. Nah, hitboxes it's where it's at.

Today I while playing survival I hit Birdie with Ken's b+mk overhead from more than half screen away!

qG2PXjA.gif

Street Fighter frames talk. Nah, hitboxes it's where it's at.

Today I while playing survival I hit Birdie with Ken's b+mk overhead from more than half screen away!

qG2PXjA.gif

Birdie got that big body. I love the animation when people try to jump and get hit with that overhead. Its like "Nah...no jumps for you."

AAK

Just realized, they got rid of the teleportation hit animation of EX tatsu that was in the reveal trailer:

Before:

9wiPCmV.gif

After:

1OCCUDo.gif

Gives me some hope for some more redone animations that'll hopefully be added between now and July's final release.

Menome

Like, I'm playing Laura and she has this meaty looking cartwheel thing. If this was Tekken, the move would give me hella frame advantage on hit because it's slow and unsafe but NOPE... the opponent just keeps pressing buttons and it works. Next match I'm playing against a Birdie and he whiffs this incredibly unsafe looking EX tackle or whatever, then just turns around and counter hits me out of my jab like nothing happened.

I still can't force my brain to remember that you can't kick people when they're down in that game. My foot's connecting, it should hurt them like it does in Tekken. But it doesn't and so I leave myself wide open for a counter attack.

cordy

Banned
MarkMan said these next coming months a lot of Tekken info's coming out and he's not sure if he's allowed to say that. Hmm, get the feeling it deals with console. No reason for it to be major FR info unless FR is some HUGE change.

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said these next coming months a lot of Tekken info's coming out and he's not sure if he's allowed to say that. Hmm, get the feeling it deals with console. No reason for it to be major FR info unless FR is some HUGE change.

Everyone remembers that ridiculously hyped huge news ended up a tournament.

LowParry

I bet it has nothing to do with anything console related.

Dereck

I'll say this, it won't be what anyone actually wants, just based on historical evidence.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I've come to terms with the idea of a 2017 release. Anything earlier will be a nice surprise. Mid-late 2017 and beyond is when I start to get cranky.

So I'm happy to hear about any new stuff as long as it makes the game cooler.

cordy

Banned
Yeah as long as whatever the news is helps the future game out I'm all good for it. Personally I'd rather not it be tournament news given most of us won't even be able to attend these tournaments. There's only so much you can watch before you wanna play.

AllenShrz

You and me bro.

SF is too weird. Every online match I go into to seems be "pushing buttons fest" in a hope to get a hit and a combo out of it

Also the netcode is from the stone age. Who thought it was a good idea that on 3 bars connections, teleporting characters all over the screen is better than slowing down the game?

Sayah

What'll get me most excited is a 2016 console release.

I hope this isn't Namco's way of saying we're having a 2017 console release but here's all these events you get to play the game at.

Dereck

I'm tired of being in this thread being a not playing Tekken 7 head ass, so I'm going to travel and play this game while I have the time and money.

lupinko

I went with jbstyle Lili & Eliza as my new primary card. I migrated it over from my scuffed generic card. I use a plastic card case so the banapass doesn't get scuffed since I'm OCD like that.

Edit:

So much nicer:

Q5J7QvT.jpg

Pachimari

I just talked with someone who have that OPM magazine and all it is, is hints at possible returning modes and the designers talking about where Tekken VR is headed and not headed.

Umm..
RT@SCaliburFanPage The SoulCalibur Fans are still anxiously waiting on #SoulCalibur6 !!! Please don't forget that! #SoulCalibur

I honestly think we'll get a Soul Calibur VI announcement this year. They haven't forgotten, and they will have listened to the poll. And I will be so there for Talim!!! Haven't played Soul Calibur since Soul Calibur 1 I think but it was one of the best fighters.

I just talked with someone who have that OPM magazine and all it is, is hints at possible returning modes and the designers talking about where Tekken VR is headed and not headed.

I honestly think we'll get a Soul Calibur VI announcement this year. They haven't forgotten, and they will have listened to the poll. And I will be so there for Talim!!! Haven't played Soul Calibur since Soul Calibur 1 I think but it was one of the best fighters.

So are you saying you haven't play Soul Calibur 2? O.O

Pachimari

So are you saying you haven't play Soul Calibur 2? O.O

I actually don't remember. I don't think so. The only fighting game I played back then were Tekken (and a bit of Dead or Alive 2), which is still my main fighting franchise. But I'm opening up to the whole fighting game scene now, and learning about more fighters.

I actually don't remember. I don't think so. The only fighting game I played back then were Tekken (and a bit of Dead or Alive 2), which is still my main fighting franchise. But I'm opening up to the whole fighting game scene now, and learning about more fighters.

Then you have to try SC2 out man, It's a damn good game.

Overheads are like lows in Tekken, slower and give Less advantage on hit. The next thing is whe way SF and most 2D games hand the recovery of their attacks. SF attacks almost always lack recovery frames of animation so it's much harder to with punish normals.

Hypothetical just between me and my fellow Tekken cronies, If Street Fighter 5 bombs which I highly doubt. Will the FGC pretend like fighting games ceased to exist and Tekken didn't own the genre for like a decade and a half? Those Street Fighter fundamentalist can be so damn grating sometime. "SF IV saved the genre". "SFIV was the rebirth of fighting games" All the while I be like.

fbg7riIw7rViE.gif

Hypothetical just between me and my fellow Tekken cronies, If Street Fighter 5 bombs which I highly doubt. Will the FGC pretend like fighting games ceased to exist and Tekken didn't own the genre for like a decade and a half? Those Street Fighter fundamentalist can be so damn grating sometime. "SF IV saved the genre". "SFIV was the rebirth of fighting games" All the while I be like.

fbg7riIw7rViE.gif

To me it was the Game that gave fighting games mainstream significance again thanks to a huge helping of nostalgia in terms of the marketing, but for the genre fans I guess it just meant we got more games haha. And I don't think Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat VS DC helped much.

fbg7riIw7rViE.gif
Highly Doubt? That is a very real possibility. Game has tons of bad word of mouth and they are expecting over 2 Million. It wasn't even in the Top 20 games sold in the UK last week.

Pachimari

I really don't see Street Fighter V bombing. They are really good at keeping the community up to date, and when the basic stuff is out in March and June, it'll start to steamroll, also being featured in the various tournaments worldwide. I'm not so sure the casuals have abandoned the game, and I see a lot of new people coming into SFV, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom