• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't want a T6 remaster tbh.

Would love a TTT2 port for XB1/PS4 though. Just a digital version at least. To hold people till T7. just release it in NA/EU, haha.

Dereck

TTT2 sucks though

IoSyNW3.png
IoSyNW3.png

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wouldn't say sucks, but I'm tired of all tag all the time and complaining about the sub-par customizations. I'd miss Jinpachi, but I've gotta get used to that anyway.

Pachimari

Seriously Tekken 6 should stay far away. It is far and beyond the ugliest game in the series artistically, and it is so depressing to look at. Also no Jinpachi, he's like one of the worst characters introduced in Tekken.

AAK

All this talk about Tekken 6's presentation and then I see this gif:

Yeah, T6 would never have this sort of animation of the FDFA backflip at the wall. It looks pretty janky. If the character is getting flipped shouldn't their trajectory make their belly hit the wall? Hope these blemishes in the presentation (along with that BT screw attack) get ironed out for the July release.

GrayFoxPL

Seems like Kaz's new b+4 juggles on ch in Korean build.

vu7kivW.gif

Not so bad now, I'll take it.

Ppl still crying about old b+4 being ff+4. Can't get that fugly wall "combo" f+4, ff+4 to be guaranteed now.

And you know what? Good. Maybe they think of something better to do at the wall. T7 vanilla has the ugliest wall "combos" I've seen. I'm not sure how someone could see Kaz's f+4, b+4 "wall combo" a billion times and not think it's pathetic. And the sad part? That's the best shit he can do. Most characters have similar shitty stuff.
They should develop some kind of new wall splat/bounce/bound thing to make wall combos interesting again.

lupinko

Just ordered a Glacier White PS4 harddrive cover.

I'm going to get the custom cover made before I get my PS4. Lol

Since I'll have two, I guess I can keep one as vanilla or something.

After the depressing UK numbers, SFV not doing so well in Japan either.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189325
QldJWcw.gif

If North America results post a similar gloom and doom scenario, I'll just have to buy the game. At this rate, SFV support will cease after 2016 and we won't be seeing a SFVI for a long while.
Probably didn't. It will have done better than the other places but I'm expecting around 200K unites sold. The game's online is so busted even now. It's just a mess.

Nuszka

Probably didn't. It will have done better than the other places but I'm expecting around 200K unites sold. The game's online is so busted even now. It's just a mess.

Have an alt account which has only 13 LP in ranked games (its extremely low for info purposes), with little content there is think at least 90% of people who own it played ranked game at least once in the leaderboards its around 210000. I hope I'm wrong here.

Fraeon

After the depressing UK numbers, SFV not doing so well in Japan either.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189325
QldJWcw.gif

If North America results post a similar gloom and doom scenario, I'll just have to buy the game. At this rate, SFV support will cease after 2016 and we won't be seeing a SFVI for a long while.

Interestingly I didn't even expect Japan to have huge sales. They're far more into the arcades (tbf, I'd probably be an arcade rat too if we had those for more recent games).

Sayah

I do wish Namco would release figures on arcade profits for all Tekken titles so we can compare just how much better Tekken 7 is doing compared to past titles.

200k would be an okay but sad number since North America is the main market for SFV.

It's Japan though. Console sales themselves have been in the decline.

That's true. But I still expected SFV to do better.

Interestingly I didn't even expect Japan to have huge sales. They're far more into the arcades (tbf, I'd probably be an arcade rat too if we had those for more recent games).

Arcades are also dying. Japan I think (like everywhere else) is into mobile stuff these days.

Sayah

Well, I just pre-ordered Pokken Tournament.

Have Twilight Princess HD to look forward to re-playing next week and then Pokken Tournament two weeks later.

Loving the Wii U. Providing the most fun and quality time with gaming. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 7, Splatoon, and Smash 4 already trump anything you'll get on the other consoles. My PS4 is collecting dust since Namco won't release Tekken 7.

Edit: Forgot Nintendo Selects are also launching next month so I'll also have Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World to look forward to as well. Too many games to play.

Dereck

Well, I just pre-ordered Pokken Tournament.

Have Twilight Princess HD to look forward to re-playing next week and then Pokken Tournament two weeks later.

Loving the Wii U. Providing the most fun and quality time with gaming. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 7, Splatoon, and Smash 4 already trump anything you'll get on the other consoles. My PS4 is collecting dust since Namco won't release Tekken 7.

Edit: Forgot Nintendo Selects are also launching next month so I'll also have Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World to look forward to as well. Too many games to play.
It all depends on the person.

Yeah, holy shit there are a bunch of games coming out on the PS4 this year that the Wii U and XONE will not get.

Sayah

It all depends on the person.

Yeah, holy shit there are a bunch of games coming out on the PS4 this year that the Wii U and XONE will not get.

I think the only game I'm getting day 1 on PS4 this year is Dark Souls 3. That's my most anticipated title.

Maybe I'll also grab Uncharted 4 and Horizon...........depending.

Though, I remember I already have Kingdom Hearts 3 pre-ordered thanks to that Amazon glitch.

Pachimari

I hate Nintendo Selects, it ruins the boxarts, which is a reason why I haven't picked up A Link Between Worlds yet. :(

I sold my whole Wii U collection but the games I wish I had, were Splatoon and maybe Smash 4 and Bayonetta but I know I wouldn't get to spend any time on them, seeing there's also great games on 3DS and PC.

Sayah

If you're interested in Wii U titles at this point, just wait for details on Project NX. Pretty sure it'll be backward compatible like every other Nintendo console. I'm also waiting. I bought Pokemon X a long time ago but didn't purchase a 3DS yet. Figured I would just wait for their next handheld.

Also, I don't care about Nintendo Selects boxart. The games are cheap and I get to play them. That's what matters to me.

Nuszka

Just a thought here but i just realized Xbox One doesn't have a proper current gen fighter right now, not including KI as it released with the lunch of the console. PS4 has GG and now SF5. Namco has golden cow here with T7 if they market it properly, as i can imagine Xbox crowd must be starving for a decent fighting game on their console. I think that game needs to come sooner than later.

Sayah

Highly highly doubt Tekken 7 would be Xbox One exclusive. If anything, it has a greater chance of being PS4 exclusive but probably not even that.

Most of the Tekken fans are on PlayStation, including in this thread.

Nuszka

Highly highly doubt Tekken 7 would be Xbox One exclusive. If anything, it has a greater chance of being PS4 exclusive but probably not even that.

Most of the Tekken fans are on PlayStation, including in this thread.

My assumption is that T7 comes on both consoles.

GrayFoxPL

That one time Tekken non-exclusivity didn't help at all. Tekken 6 console development was way too long most likely because of 360. Every Tekken run arcade hardware that was basically current Playstations +, so 360 basically fucked up straightforward conversion process.

But that's history.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tekken 7 would be a launch title for NX. That would be premiere for PS4/One versions too. Ninty been pumping money into Tekken team lately.

But if any type of exclusivity is involved then fuck them all.

Sayah

Tekken Tag 2 sold terribly on Wii U. I don't think we're going to be getting an NX exclusive Tekken game by a long shot. Maybe a multiplatform title on NX, if even that.

Well, just got banned from Tekken Online MatchMaking for no reason (now Josh Online Matchmaking, no idea what happened there), and Kor's Tekken Academy seems to be at a stand still. Tekken Facebook groups are a blow up. Not really sure where to go now for a Tekken community. Maybe Neogaf Tekken is safe for now.

The lag complaints are increasing in the Fingers To Fight TTT2 online tournaments I have been running. To the point that I am seriously considering an Xbox 360. Anything to keep things going. The Tekken ship is sinking and we need more pails to dump water! Harada pls

Oh, and Discord link if you have it.

Sayah

Isn't Alisa's self-decapitation censored in the Korean version of Tekken? Same with her chainsaws? They're like, lasers or something. And she uses a magical bomb from out of nowhere instead of her head.

Oh. I thought it was just the chainsaw. Didn't know her head removal was also censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom