• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Do you guys care about my videos not having sound?

Put Ariana Grande in the background.

I saw the JP psn sale of Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (R) - lol please even longer titles please.

So I bought it for something like 1000 yen. Besides this game isn't on EU psn.

I didn't have much experience with GG besides PS original. And the tournaments streams.

Didn't play much yet, but what a fun game. Really nice mechanics and combos flow so well and easy. Seems like there's a lot of freedom while fighting, almost "free flow" combat. Coming from "heavy" and restricted SFV it really makes a difference. You wanna do air fireballs or air shoryukens? No problem! And it doesn't feel like everything mashed up and overdone like Marvel.

I like this game.

Sayah

So Pokemon is having its 20th Anniversary and fans worldwide are getting special edition 3DS', Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow on E-shop, Pokken Tournament, and new announcements for Pokemon Sun/Moon.

Meanwhile, Tekken 1 released internationally in December of 1994. We are now in the 22nd year and have not received anything from Namco. It's kind of depressing to think about since I've been a longtime fan of the series.
But I guess that's just me feeling entitled since a lot of other franchise's also have 20th anniversaries and don't get anything.

My capture card doesn't record sound.

And before you say have you tried ____, yeah I tried ____.

Have you tried buying a new capture device.

So Pokemon is having its 20th Anniversary and fans worldwide are getting special edition 3DS', Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow on E-shop, Pokken Tournament, and new announcements for Pokemon Sun/Moon.

Meanwhile, Tekken 1 released internationally in December of 1994. We are now in the 22nd year and have not received anything from Namco. It's kind of depressing to think about since I've been a longtime fan of the series.
But I guess that's just me feeling entitled since a lot of other franchise's also have 20th anniversaries and don't get anything.

We got a 20th Anniversary logo.

Sayah

:lol

We got a 20th Anniversary logo.

:(

latest

Namco takes PRIDE in its arcade profits.
Worldwide fans have to bend down to Namco's WILL.
It is DESTINY that worldwide fans wait 2+ years for a release of Tekken 7.

This is what the 20th Anniversary has meant for me.

Dereck

In 2012 I bought this , and it worked, but I gave it away once I bought the ExtremeCap U3. When I used this internal capture card, I kept having to disconnect one of my monitors to be able to use it. It got tedious after awhile.

In 2013 I bought an ExtremeCap U3, I was able to stream and record footage for a few months. The quality was incredible. One day it stopped working, it wouldn't detect an HDMI signal from any device that I plugged into it. I tried two different computers, different USB cables and HDMI cables, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, adjusted the settings on my various consoles, nothing. It never worked again. Every one in while, I'll try to plug it back in to see if I can get it to work again, it never does. I still have it.

The card I'm using currently is this, which worked just fine for a bit, one day it magically decided to stop recording/detecting sound. And like before, I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software, checking my drivers, changing my consoles' audio settings (3-4 different consoles), the sound never worked again.

I bought this too. I was actually willing to just use one monitor to be able to use this, I couldn't get this to work. I had the correct drivers. I even changed my PC's PCI settings to be able to read it. Once it read it, it wasn't able to be detected after I installed the proper drivers, I still have this one as well.

:lol

:(

latest

Namco takes PRIDE in its arcade profits.
Worldwide fans have to bend down to Namco's WILL[/B].
It is DESTINY that worldwide fans wait 2+ years for a release of Tekken 7.

This is what the 20th Anniversary has meant for me.

I'd accept a PS4 compatible Tekken collection priced at around $200.00 with some behind the scenes documentary videos at this point. Namco really dropped the ball here. It's hard to be a Tekken fan in these dark days.

Dereck

The Tekken Tag 2 servers are so fucked that they are now saving 2/3s of replays. I have never seen this happen before today.

sasuke_91

Do you guys care about my videos not having sound?

I don't really mind. If it's not possible to record with sound, then it's not possible.

The Tekken Tag 2 servers are so fucked that they are now saving 2/3s of replays. I have never seen this happen before today.

Tag 2 servers are dying. I played a little earlier and it was horrible. Played for half an hour and got 2-3 matches with the same people, every other match didn't connect. And they were lagging like crazy.
Tried going to World Arena and couldn't get a connection with anyone.
I'm getting T6 vibes from this game...

Dereck

Tag 2 servers are dying. I played a little earlier and it was horrible. Played for half an hour and got 2-3 matches with the same people, every other match didn't connect. And they were lagging like crazy.
Tried going to World Arena and couldn't get a connection with anyone.
I'm getting T6 vibes from this game...
Hmmm.

I can barely invite people to private lobbies. After resetting my PS3 my results don't change. I don't think it's the people, it's the servers. I'm wondering what exactly the issue is though. Is it being left alone and not attended to and that is just resulting in the servers being out of whack? Is it the lack of maintenance? I don't understand how this works exactly. When the games release, where are the servers? Who decides how long they stay up. Are they even checked after a certain amount of years?

sasuke_91

Hmmm.

I can barely invite people to private lobbies. After resetting my PS3 my results don't change. I don't think it's the people, it's the servers. I'm wondering what exactly the issue is though. Is it being left alone and not attended to and that is just resulting in the servers being out of whack? Is it the lack of maintenance? I don't understand how this works exactly. When the games release, where are the servers? Who decides how long they stay up. Are they even checked after a certain amount of years?

I always thought this game was P2P, so the connection would depend on the one hosting, not the servers. I might be wrong afterall (and my knowledge about this stuff is very limited in general).
I don't think I'll be able to wait for T7 if things stay like this.

I'd accept a PS4 compatible Tekken collection priced at around $200.00 with some behind the scenes documentary videos at this point. Namco really dropped the ball here. It's hard to be a Tekken fan in these dark days.

yooo, imagine Tekken 1, 2, 3, TTT1, 4, 5DR. all upscaled with online play (and not with 5DR's crappy ass netcode on PS3). yesss please.

Nuszka

I always thought this game was P2P, so the connection would depend on the one hosting, not the servers. I might be wrong afterall (and my knowledge about this stuff is very limited in general).
I don't think I'll be able to wait for T7 if things stay like this.

That doesn't sound good, i always go back to TTT2 if i get bored of the current games that i play.

Dereck

I have zero interest in playing Tekken 3 in 2016, not matter how it looks.

I respect games for what they did when the came out but, no thanks.

Sayah

You mean the FF7 PS4 Remaster or Remake? The remaster is pretty poor, and a remake would make no sense to me personally.

I would rather have them remaster Dark Souls 1^^

I mean remake.....with online play.

I have zero interest in playing Tekken 3 in 2016, not matter how it looks.

I respect games for what they did when the came out but, no thanks.

Do you also have no interest in playing FFVII remake then?

Dereck

Do you also have no interest in playing FFVII remake then?
Sayah, you know these two these are different.

You're asking me about a brand new game using characters and environments from FFVII, not even the same type of game. It's an action RPG, the original game was a turned based RPG.

Are you really asking me if I would like to play Tekken 3, with better graphics, you can't be, right?

EDIT: Nice troll

lupinko

uCZUpIk.jpg

Playing 7 for almost a year now has given me new appreciation for Tag 2.

Also I got to try SFV at a game store yesterday and I liked what I played. It clicked unlike SF4 which I hated when I first played it and hated it ever since.

But it'll still be in the back burner for me.

Sayah

Wow - that is a real good incentive. I might actually have to consider. I don't have any interest in Xrd but I want to support devs/publishers that do stuff like this. It's a really great way to ease the wait.

Sayah, you know these two these are different.

You're asking me about a brand new game using characters and environments from FFVII, not even the same type of game. It's an action RPG, the original game was a turned based RPG.

Are you really asking me if I would like to play Tekken 3, with better graphics, you can't be, right?

EDIT: Nice troll

lol

lupinko

Okay I got my PS4 cover in today, it's pretty cool because it's not matte like what the new PS4s have.

Final mockup, I tried to put in a logo and it looked fugly. I think going white is better because the actual cover can be used for any white areas.

This is a simulation:

CA9yzEV.jpg

sasuke_91

GGs GrayFoxPL. My room suddenly closed and I couldn't open a new one, so I went Offline.
We're both pretty rusty. Paul still destroying me though.
We need a new Tekken game... Oo

Okay I got my PS4 cover in today, it's pretty cool because it's not matte like what the new PS4s have.

Final mockup, I tried to put in a logo and it looked fugly. I think going white is better because the actual cover can be used for any white areas.

This is a simulation:

CA9yzEV.jpg

This looks really good!

Manbig

So now that I finally have a little extra spending money, I ordered a new capture card. I went with Elgato again. Got the HD60 this time. Hope I don't get fucked over again!

Fraeon

Yeah, Tekken Tag 2 online has been really bad lately. Twice we've had our biweekly tournament on the weekend and both times the network crapped out. It's bad. It's especially bad since I don't really play this game outside of events anymore. Yeah, I might visit practice every now and then if I come up with an idea for something but online ranked/lobbies? Nah, I'm starting to have my fill. Maybe after next week's tourney it's time for a break.

As far as fighting games go, I've been doing that other big game, though I'd really like a replacement for a game where it feels like you're constantly discovering new things.

GrayFoxPL

GGs GrayFoxPL. My room suddenly closed and I couldn't open a new one, so I went Offline.
We're both pretty rusty. Paul still destroying me though.
We need a new Tekken game... Oo

Ggs, rusty is not said enough, my hands felt stiff like made from wood. This what happens when I stop playing Tekken for 2 weeks.

I tried ranked when our connection broke and everything run fine.

Have we heard from Harada and his team what kind of approach Tekken 7 will take to educating newcomers?

I've always loved Tekken cast and characters, but I'm ass. Granted my learning started with Tekken 6 when SF4 hit, so I am an 09er in regards to learning fighters. I feel I have had great growth in the 2D fighting plane, and the only 3D fighter I could win consistently in was SC5...but with Devil Jin. So, yeah.

Tekken 7 just looks gorgeous. I love that they added supers. Love that Akuma is in it.

Will it be easier to get into and learn ? That's my issue. When I hear the 1 2 2 1, etc strings, Korean dashs, the timing for EWGF, etc I feel like "man I'd need a life time to get that good." SF5 took a great approach in the fighting to get rid of the 1 frame nonsense so I can DO combos, refocus on footsies, etc.

I can definitely go online to video research tutorials when it comes out, but if the game is poised for a more "hardcore" kind of fighting game fan, then I'll be bummed as I'd love to take T7 seriously when it arrives next year.

GrayFoxPL

Don't wait for Tekken 7.

They seem to be eve struck that their arcade model (of sucking up moneh) works so well. The thought of console T7 is probably making Harada sad.

I just want to see FR secret shit and rage tricks. Wonder why Koreans weren't allowed to stream their FR test.

Gootecks Shimmy? Are you that rage quitter? We don't like those in Tekken.

Don't wait for Tekken 7.

They seem to be eve struck that their arcade model (of sucking up moneh) works so well. The thought of console T7 is probably making Harada sad.

I just want to see FR secret shit and rage tricks. Wonder why Koreans weren't allowed to stream their FR test.

Gootecks Shimmy? Are you that rage quitter? We don't like those in Tekken.

I'm going to address this to clear the air.

I quit, 5 times total, in order to achieve a trophy for hitting silver league. Since then, if I could showcase all of the matches played have had 0 bailing out on my opponents. I am back in Ultra Bronze, hovering towards silver, and trying to earn it with my Necalli.

To further add to this point, and I hate to be a douche, but I've let mods know that at this point you guys are just harassing me, which is against the TOS to harass people on here AND derail threads.

I didn't come in here to talk about 5 rage quits, nor to have someone derail the Tekken thread for silly internet drama kicks you want to have. I'm here to talk about a fun franchise I'm interested in.

If you want to keep it up, then I have no issue pointing it out to the mods that you are in fact the one in the wrong.

Let it drop. Or, if I bother you that much, put me on your ignore list. Last I checked GAF isn't a place to hate monger others.

If I could somehow correct this I would go ahead. If it would please the GAFfers who feel so blood thirsty I can stream me losing 5 matches in a row without issue on twitch to "even the keel" so to speak.
--------

Back on topic. Who is the "learn Tekken with this character" character? In SF people tell you to learn Ryu first. Is Jin, Kazuya, King the one for Tekken?

Back on topic. Who is the "learn Tekken with this character" character? In SF people tell you to learn Ryu first. Is Jin, Kazuya, King the one for Tekken?

Most people would not recommend a Mishima character like Kazuya because of their strict execution requirements (bit of a deceiving main character like Akira in VF), despite their overall gameplan being very basic. Jin will definitely teach you some fundamentals. Paul, Jack and Dragunov are probably the easiest to come to grips with in terms of doing everything they can do. Lili, Asuka, Lars, Feng are easy to pick up but can teach you bad habits.

The cool thing about Tekken though, once you "get" it, you can pick almost anyone and be competent.

Nuszka

Try avoiding Kaz, DJ and Hei, for movement don't use sway characters as well at the start like Paul, Bryan or Nina. I would skip also ones that have a lot of different stances like Hwo or Lei. Characters that come to my head that are easy to learn are Jinpachi, Lilly, Alisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom