• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Legit flabbergasted that the Euro's here would rather touch the sin of humanity that is T5DR + T6's Netcode rather than simply playing Tag 2's 1v1 mode.

sasuke_91

Legit flabbergasted that the Euro's here would rather touch the sin of humanity that is T5DR + T6's Netcode rather than simply playing Tag 2's 1v1 mode.
Netcode works fine actually. There have been some disconnects with SquirrelSoup, but other than that it's good. No lag either.
T6 is different from TTT2 solo though. I think it's the stages as Sayah said once. Tag 2's stages were designed with Tag in mind. And everything around as well.
I started playing T6 again because I saw Squirrel playing, but also because the connection issues in Tag 2 are driving me crazy. And that's the funny thing. Tag 2's Online mode is so bad that I'd rather play T6 :p

I also need something different. I've been playing Tag 2 for 3 years now... and I never "really" played T6.

I don't have T5DR in any case. Can't really get it now either, my gaming budget is kinda limited sadly.

I dunno if i straight up prefer T6 to TTT2 solo. But i really like messing with T6 for a bit since i hadn't before.

I just really want T7 already ;/ Namco pls

Edit: I dunno what's up with the servers lately, but TTT2 and TR have been fecking awful online.

Dereck

Yeah, Tag 2 is OK, the problem is that the online sucks, so badly that people are going and playing other Tekkens instead.

GrayFoxPL

Netcode works fine actually. There have been some disconnects with SquirrelSoup, but other than that it's good. No lag either.
T6 is different from TTT2 solo though. I think it's the stages as Sayah said once. Tag 2's stages were designed with Tag in mind. And everything around as well.
I started playing T6 again because I saw Squirrel playing, but also because the connection issues in Tag 2 are driving me crazy. And that's the funny thing. Tag 2's Online mode is so bad that I'd rather play T6 :p

I also need something different. I've been playing Tag 2 for 3 years now... and I never "really" played T6.

What are you guys talking about? T6 has bad input lag killing reactions and T5 netcode works like water - netcode status changes in less then a second, it can literally change 3 times during a combo. It can work better then T6 but the connection must be rock solid. Tag2 still has the best netcode. Ask your Bro, we played long today and it was fine as always.
Btw. good games to Rocker, when he's start being defensive he can own me, the longer we played the better he got. Ggs.

I'm in if anyone wants to play. Just pick a time and I'll see if I'm available.

Sorry missed this. But I got my daily Tekken fix with your bro and some other dude. After that I'd be too tired anyway.

GrayFoxPL

A6oHGvD.jpg

wUOzObN.gif

sasuke_91

What are you guys talking about? T6 has bad input lag killing reactions and T5 netcode works like water - netcode status changes in less then a second, it can literally change 3 times during a combo. It can work better then T6 but the connection must be rock solid. Tag2 still has the best netcode. Ask your Bro, we played long today and it was fine as always.
Btw. good games to Rocker, when he's start being defensive he can own me, the longer we played the better he got. Ggs.

I'm pretty sensitive to lag lately, but it wasn't too bad when I played yesterday. Maybe I adjusted automatically because it's a different game :p
Yeah I saw him playing with you earlier. He gets extremely frustrated with the game as of late though. He won't play with me for too long (hates my characters) and he can't find anyone at his level Online.

What is this cuteness?

T4 has a great Story mode, but you can't tell him that. T5 was good too, but I didn't really like the fact that they wanted to have a story-related fight for everyone in the middle. And having everyone speak their own language was retarded. Hwoarang's ending in T4 is still my favourite because it considered the fact that Hwo and Jin would have to talk the same language to understand each other :D
Oh yeah, the "advanced stuff" doesn't sound like something I'll look forward to... Please no Campaign Harada-san, puriiizu.

GrayFoxPL

I'm pretty sensitive to lag lately, but it wasn't too bad when I played yesterday. Maybe I adjusted automatically because it's a different game :p
Yeah I saw him playing with you earlier. He gets extremely frustrated with the game as of late though. He won't play with me for too long (hates my characters) and he can't find anyone at his level Online.

There's a problem with finding anyone on his level though. He is very advanced in attacking, his execution is exceptional and he goes for hardest combos, but he rarely stops to defend. Generally ppl are learning offense and defense on more or less equal pace so his level is strange and difficult to gauge. I hope he noticed that the more he defended the more he was winning against me. He needs to kill his urge to attack after getting hit, so at -6, to -9 or more or he eats those ch's.

I know it pisses him off but I'm gonna tell him to defend until he starts owning everybody.

What is this cuteness?

T4 has a great Story mode, but you can't tell him that. T5 was good too, but I didn't really like the fact that they wanted to have a story-related fight for everyone in the middle. And having everyone speak their own language was retarded. Hwoarang's ending in T4 is still my favourite because it considered the fact that Hwo and Jin would have to talk the same language to understand each other :D
Oh yeah, the "advanced stuff" doesn't sound like something I'll look forward to... Please no Campaign Harada-san, puriiizu.

Dunno who the girl is.

I hope the "advanced" means something else then shitty scenario mode. I have hope, but we'll see. It would be interesting if story mode had different paths like in BB or something.

I'd love if they brought back embu/kata realtime animation. I totally love those things. Times when Tekken embraced martial arts.

76BYt1Q.gif

8Pd4aFx.gif

lSqLsLY.gif

MEbb3kd.gif

he9DOlA.gif

AkN3L8r.gif

PYWbNwA.gif

BDVS7kC.gif

cordy

Banned

Yep, exactly what I said.

The reason T7's console release won't make it this year is due to this single player stuff. He's saying it's more "advanced" but honestly I don't want to see another Scenario Mode like from T6. They need to do something about Story that makes sense and is fun. I don't know about anyone else but I had no fun with Scenario Mode.

Sayah

Tekken 6 solo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tekken Tag 2 solo

Tekken 6 netcode was also alright last time I played it. Definitely not as bad as I remembered it being.

cordy

Banned
If they REALLY want to go all out for single player I suggest this.

- Arcade Mode
- Story Mode (cgi animated story with fights in between that make sense closing the "Mishima Saga", very long)
- Flashback Mode (T4/T5-like Story Mode where it tells the main stories of prefer Tekkens with art in between the fights, used to unlock specific costumes and "flashbacks" of characters, mostly used to tell the Mishima Saga story)
- Tekken Force 7.0 (standard Tekken Force, no complicated plot, just regular Scenario Mode-like stuff)
- Versus
- Team Battle
- Suvival
- Tekken Ball
- Tekken Theater
- Customization

lupinko

I'm trying something new:

iQf9nhb.png

Also the bikinis and the December customs are back. Time to buy randomized dlc! Lol

There's also some specialized hit effect or something for each character, I got some freebies for Paul (yay), Chloe (zzzzzzz), Jack (boring). Should I give Paul red aura?

And for this month customizations are cheaper to develop both in orbs and gold.

Also this new player panel I got is boss:

BNZo2nU.png

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just wish the enemies didn't have so little health and lame tactics. They give you items that let you bound 4 times in one juggle, but no one to ever meaningfully juggle.

The camera was also kinda whack at times.

HeelPower

After having played SFV,I appreciate Tekken much more ,and I am confident it has better balancing and gameplay design philosophy.Heck,its even kinda underwhelming visually compared to T7FR.

The only reason I am trying this is cuz T7FR is taking so long.Please,for god's sake release soon.

Give us some remasters,anything on PS4 ,and I'd play it gladly.

Sayah

Scenario campaign SUUUUUUCKED!!
I don't know how anyone liked it. What a waste of time, money, and resources. If Namco wants to create a single player like that, it's better they don't create anything at all.

I only beat it to get money for customs.

I didn't find the Tekken Force modes fun really. I played through them. But meh.

Bring back the mini-games though. All of them. And some tekken chess while we are it.

Creaking

It was a pretty poor way to deliver the "main" story of the game. Especially contrasting the "dramatic" cutscenes with the bizarreness of the gameplay within the levels.

It was kind of neat to see what characters had to say to the end level bosses sometimes, even if it was all just text and mostly generic.

Shame about the ever-present Alisa.

0eNv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Creaking

You guys want an MK-esc storymode from Tekken? Kind of seems like that's what Harada is alluding to

In lieu of anything better, yeah. The only thing I don't like about MK's storymode is that half the cast tends to get ignored (except as opponents), and a lot of the other characters only get a smidgen of time to shine.

At least, that's how it was in MK9. Haven't played MKX, but it was the same case with Injustice (though at least you got to play as The Joker a bit there).

I know it's extremely tricky to write a story that adequately involves a large cast of characters (especially without a steady buildup to that point)--doubly so if they don't want to hire any professional scenario writers--but if it's just Lars/Jin/Kazuya, the newbies, and some of the schoolgirls doing god knows what, with like a token cameo appearance from Yoshimitsu, well... eh. That earns a "neat".

I really don't expect the story of Tekken 7 to turn any heads though. Especially if they're leading with the Akuma gimmick.

So Maximilian looks like he'll be getting a chance to play Tekken 7: FR once Mark gets the boards from Harada. That's great IMO. Max can do a lot to help get people excited about the game.

lupinko

Scenario campaign SUUUUUUCKED!!
I don't know how anyone liked it. What a waste of time, money, and resources. If Namco wants to create a single player like that, it's better they don't create anything at all.

I only beat it to get money for customs.

With the way they're doing customs at the arcades, I'm pretty sure it'll totally be the same microtransaction random hell on console.

Bamco gotta get paid.

Sayah

So Maximilian looks like he'll be getting a chance to play Tekken 7: FR once Mark gets the boards from Harada. That's great IMO. Max can do a lot to help get people excited about the game.

So that's how you get timely access to Tekken 7.
Become a famous streamer.

Yeah, Max getting the game would be great for hype amplification
With the way they're doing customs at the arcades, I'm pretty sure it'll totally be the same microtransaction random hell on console.

Bamco gotta get paid.

LOL
Ain't nobody buying recycled tag 2 customs.

Sayah

There is definitely
(hopefully)
something in the works for Tekken 7 FR based on Marky's recent tweets. Maximillian and MarkMan might be doing a TV format show?

They wouldn't be hyping up the game via Max's streams if it wasn't releasing till 2017.

Increasingly, I become optimistic for a 2016 release.

Dereck

No matter what they tease at or what they wink wink about, I am not convinced of a 2016 release. No elbow nudging or any of that shit is gonna persuade me.

No matter what they tease at or what they wink wink about, I am not convinced of a 2016 release. No elbow nudging or any of that shit is gonna persuade me.

At EVO they will announce a 2017 release date....but a beta demo playable immediately if you pre-order oooooooo believe!

cordy

Banned
No problem with Maximillian doing T7FR news, I'm just wondering when the game's releasing for consoles and exactly what Max can do for the game. Building up hype is but I want some release info, just something.

lupinko

There is definitely
(hopefully)
something in the works for Tekken 7 FR based on Marky's recent tweets. Maximillian and MarkMan might be doing a TV format show?

They wouldn't be hyping up the game via Max's streams if it wasn't releasing till 2017.

Increasingly, I become optimistic for a 2016 release.

No offense to Max but I'd rather prefer if Rip and Aris did the hyping instead since they actually play Tekken.

I know it's all about getting casuals and non-Tekken players interested but again no offense, the videos on Akuma's debut were night and day when comparing Tekken player analysis and non-player analysis.

T7 story kinda looks like a retread of 6, featuring Akuma.

There's barely a story until console, but Tekken 7 is just a simple revenge story.

Tekken 6 was some dumb cartoony shit with Jin trying to get a giant mythical monster to destroy the world just so he can end his family bloodline.

Which is really stupid when you think about it.

AAK

Maximilian playing Tekken 7 will have about the same effect on its popularity as it does with him playing KI. Pretty negligible IMO.

Only thing these content creators can do is facilitate some improvement and/or entertainment to the player base already interested in the game. The only party that can broaden the player base is Namco, and Namco alone.

Numb

Not even half ass much as KI
Max is strong about that life and has put it on the for alot of people

Wonder how long his love of Jin will last him in the game

Pachimari

Scenario Mode and Tekken Force should stay far away from Tekken. They should find inspiration from Mortal Kombat's story mode instead.

Also:

12799326_1150882714943916_7139538357897280516_n.jpg

yeyeyeyeye!

Not even half ass much as KI
Max is strong about that life and has put it on the for alot of people

Wonder how long his love of Jin will last him in the game

Considering how much he loves KI and considering he works on the game I'm not surprised.
But when it comes to Tekken he is pretty casual, we will see what happens with this arcade cabinet shenanigans.

Numb you down for some SFV on friday?

sasuke_91

There's a problem with finding anyone on his level though. He is very advanced in attacking, his execution is exceptional and he goes for hardest combos, but he rarely stops to defend. Generally ppl are learning offense and defense on more or less equal pace so his level is strange and difficult to gauge. I hope he noticed that the more he defended the more he was winning against me. He needs to kill his urge to attack after getting hit, so at -6, to -9 or more or he eats those ch's.

I know it pisses him off but I'm gonna tell him to defend until he starts owning everybody.

Yeah it's weird. His execution is really good (maybe better than mine) and he found out some pretty interesting combos and stuff on his own (he hits practice mode and just starts experimenting), but he's not really good at fighting real people, mainly because of the reasons you listed. It's experience he lacks, but also patience. Although I guess patience comes with experience.

A friend of mine showed me a 9gag post earlier with a gif of Jaycee. And in the comments people were generally pretty hyped for Tekken 7 (it's just a release date that everybody is asking for). I hope the hype will stay until Namco finally decides to let us play the game...

Numb

yeyeyeyeye!

Considering how much he loves KI and considering he works on the game I'm not surprised.
But when it comes to Tekken he is pretty casual, we will see what happens with this arcade cabinet shenanigans.

Numb you down for some SFV on friday?
Was surprised to see how much he liked Jin and he said on many occasions that there was a time he play Tekken more than SF.

Count me in for SFV

Was surprised to see how much he liked Jin and he said on many occasions that there was a time he play Tekken more than SF.

Count me in for SFV

Prob from the Tekken 3/4(hoodie) days, coz like who didn't like Jin back then, shit was dope af. Which reminds me each and every time a new Tekken comes out, Costume dlc! like give me yoshi t3 costume or Jin t4 costume, i don't mind paying like £2 on a classic costume, Heihachi Tiger skin coat or the burgundy one with white suit trousers gimmiegimmiegimmie!

Numb

Prob from the Tekken 3/4(hoodie) days, coz like who didn't like Jin back then, shit was dope af. Which reminds me each and every time a new Tekken comes out, Costume dlc! like give me yoshi t3 costume or Jin t4 costume, i don't mind paying like £2 on a classic costume, Heihachi Tiger skin coat or the burgundy one with white suit trousers gimmiegimmiegimmie!

SFXT for Yoshi ;_;
Harada proud of not charging for dlc then forgets to please people and make them not ask for stuff after seeing the same old stuff since forever. There are new stuff no tho so it's cool. Old favs won't return easily unless piece by piece customs

No offense to Max but I'd rather prefer if Rip and Aris did the hyping instead since they actually play Tekken.

I know it's all about getting casuals and non-Tekken players interested but again no offense, the videos on Akuma's debut were night and day when comparing Tekken player analysis and non-player analysis.

There's barely a story until console, but Tekken 7 is just a simple revenge story.

Tekken 6 was some dumb cartoony shit with Jin trying to get a giant mythical monster to destroy the world just so he can end his family bloodline.

Which is really stupid when you think about it.

One of the trailers showed some big city getting destroyed, which reminded me of Tekken 6's world ending stuff.

I think it was more Jin destroying the world, so that mythical monster can actually show up, but yeah still stupid.

SFXT for Yoshi ;_;
Harada proud of not charging for dlc then forgets to please people and make them not ask for stuff after seeing the same old stuff since forever. There are new stuff no tho so it's cool. Old favs won't return easily unless piece by piece customs

I understand from a character perspective, but this is costumes we are talking about :( I mean he did it for songs, whats the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom