• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay to be wrong ZTS.
There, there.

It+s+okay+buddy+i+m+sure+you+ll+do+better+next+time+_92df5a47c2ec968d54a5dfb8ce956e62.gif

You know, I kinda agree with ZTS. There's too much going on with that dress.

Maybe if I saw it in motion I might change my mind.

lupinko

That Japan based engraving place can't do it, deemed it too difficult. But I also asked if no colour would be easier.

I'm looking to the Hollywood based engraving service now, giving them a shout.

After giving it some thought a white ps4 works especially with a black faceplate. Since it would mirror the DS4.

I'm in no rush, and a potential FFXV PS4 could look really nice like the red Type 0 one.

Fraeon

Just before the Peruvian TTT2 tournament, we had our own offline tournament in Finland.

AAK might be interested since Killerdoll also took part in it. Dude was mad rusty but was busting dudes left and right:

Stream archive

As far as my placement, I dropped out in the pools phase so this was pretty much one of the worst Tekken tournament results I've had since forever. But then again, that kind of shows the level of the competition here... I consider myself a decent player at this point but the tournament didn't really have such a thing as an easy win. I'm also pretty proud of our crew's commentary. Has come a long way since about a year ago.

AAK

Wow that sounds awesome, thanks for sharing Fraeon. I'll definitely check it out once I get home from work.

Street Fighter fanboys are crazy. Did you see the Street Fighter V is the best fighting game ever thread? Lol

The gameplay in SFV is great, but that thread exists as a form of damage control. It's an attempt to win back mind share. NeoGAF as a whole is turning into a PR tug of war. That thread exist as a place for fans to come and shower fake praise on an above average game that is very broken performance wise. It's sad this is what GAF has turned into. I won't go into that thread and rain on their parade though, or shower fake praise. I was just looking at a videogame documentary this morning on GAF where the narrator said something along the lines of "if you say something enough times it eventually becomes true" this is the harsh reality of this memetic world we're living in.

I don't wish the game to fail, but a message should be sent to developers that this type of half finished product just won't cut it. Fanboys do more damage than good imo.

Nothing SFV does gameplay wise is worth any praise. It is as barebones as you can make a 2D fighter in this day & age. No cancel system, lack of advanced defense mechanics, 1 Super, absolute basic movement system, 1 utility power up, same old EX system from SF4. If SFV's gameplay is great what does that mak Revilator, BlazBlue, KOFXIII, UMVC3, SkullGirls, or any of the other 2D games that have all the depth & mechanics missing from SFV?

GrayFoxPL

Overabundance of systems does not make a good fighter. Nobody cares about Skullgirls because when you look at it from sidelines it's just incomprehensible trash flying all over the screen constantly morphing into other shit colliding with other morphing shit. SFV is popular because people had enough of these anime or "freak fighters" where the further the weirder and more obscure it gets.

SFV has it's shit too, cancels are there just cut down and trigger cancels for most characters cancel from any move. Triggers, V-skills and crush counters are pretty fresh thing that will probably be copied later. Yeah the combos right now don't require spreadsheets or Desk's monthly analysis, but that's not actually a bad thing. Combo system doesn't allow for 25 hit 1 frame link combos that do pixels of damage but they'll probably build it up later. Not like anyone needs right now more then 2 in 1 into trigger into ex/super to deal damage.

Fighting system is not what SFV is wildly criticized for. But because it feels like a demo with one real mode, few characters out of dozens and few ugly stages. I just don't give a shit about characters I don't want to play as, so I don't wanna play the game right now.

Overabundance of systems does not make a good fighter. Nobody cares about Skullgirls because when you look at it from sidelines it's just incomprehensible trash flying all over the screen constantly morphing into other shit colliding with other morphing shit. SFV is popular because people had enough of these anime or "freak fighters" where the further the weirder and more obscure it gets.

AgygIxDd2ojfi.gif

Fraeon

Dudes, though.

Are we talking about Tekken here or bitching about SF5?

Cause personally I'm pretty tired of seeing the latter outside of threads dedicated to SF5.

GrayFoxPL

We don't have anything Tekken to talk about right now and run over old topics hundred times.

When something pops up, we will.

By something I mean Lee trailer.

Shit's going slow.

Fraeon

I always thought players spamming up lazors with devils was just a taunt. It's actually to kill King's capital punishment and the like, lol.

I know a local player of ours (Tuobbos) also uses lasers near the wall in case of a wall tag.

It works more often than it should.

Nothing SFV does gameplay wise is worth any praise. It is as barebones as you can make a 2D fighter in this day & age. No cancel system, lack of advanced defense mechanics, 1 Super, absolute basic movement system, 1 utility power up, same old EX system from SF4. If SFV's gameplay is great what does that mak Revilator, BlazBlue, KOFXIII, UMVC3, SkullGirls, or any of the other 2D games that have all the depth & mechanics missing from SFV?

SFV has it's shit too, cancels are there just cut down and trigger cancels for most characters cancel from any move. Triggers, V-skills and crush counters are pretty fresh thing that will probably be copied later. Yeah the combos right now don't require spreadsheets or Desk's monthly analysis, but that's not actually a bad thing. Combo system doesn't allow for 25 hit 1 frame link combos that do pixels of damage but they'll probably build it up later. Not like anyone needs right now more then 2 in 1 into trigger into ex/super to deal damage.

Fighting system is not what SFV is wildly criticized for. But because it feels like a demo with one real mode, few characters out of dozens and few ugly stages. I just don't give a shit about characters I don't want to play as, so I don't wanna play the game right now.

I think KOF and other SNK games usually have the best balance of systems(mostly because these systems have been around for years) they usually go the SF route of introducing a new gimmick for each game on top of those systems too. I think it works. They don't pile tons of systems on top of each other, with massive changes to the characters like ASW does.

GrayFoxPL

I think KOF and other SNK games usually have the best balance of systems(mostly because these systems have been around for years) they usually go the SF route of introducing a new gimmick for each game on top of those systems too. I think it works. They don't pile tons of systems on top of each other, with massive changes to the characters like ASW does.

KOF and Real Bout FF series are my favorite 2d fighters hands down.

Man am I so glad that Namco made new outfits. Look how awesome this is:

WujKE3z.jpg

So good. Artificial muscle tissue.

One thing is strange that some time ago they removed bullet scars from time when he was murdered by drug cartel. That was cool shit.

To me it seems they're trying to bury or retcon all the "dark" stories of Tekken.

I'd laugh if in the future they'll turn Bryan into a good guy somehow.

GrayFoxPL

To me it's more like Bryan is finally getting that new body Dr. B promised at the end of Tekken 4 :p

I think it's his old body still, he just probably soccer kicked a nuclear bomb.

It's interesting anyway, that body of his. Bosconovitch said his body was way too complicated for him to mess around with. Does it mean Dr. Abel is more brilliant than Bosconovitch? The shitty heart was made to keep Bryan on a leash but the rest of the body - so advanced? Indestructible maybe? They were running the story like Abel was the shitty, weaker, weasel of a scientist of the two, but Bryan thing doesn't add up.

Unless Dr. Abel didn't create Bryan's body at all.

Dirloo... Dirloo... Dirloo...

Aliens

sasuke_91

To me it's more like Bryan is finally getting that new body Dr. B promised at the end of Tekken 4 :p

Do you really think one of the brillant approaches we got in T4 will ever be brought up in newer Tekken games? I'm still waiting for that Steve/Nina story to finally develop into something.

Sayah

GGs to ZTS.

I am feeling the rust after not having played for months. Though, that's no excuse for all my losses. >_>

I like them both. I can't decide.

Just stick to Lars/Lee and switch to Bruce/Lee when you're about to lose a set.

About the advice you gave me about lows. In training more right now I'm blocking 100% of the time. Don't know if it's lag or my mind being busy that made it harder during matches. Going to keep working in it though.

Thanks again for everything.

Sayah

About the advice you gave me about lows. In training more right now I'm blocking 100% of the time. Don't know if it's lag or my mind being busy that made it harder during matches. Going to keep working in it though.

Thanks again for everything.

No problem.
And I've realized now I was supposed to finish some work for my job by tomorrow morning. #@$!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom