• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

So he'll be doing exactly what he's always been doing except now Namco is finally paying him :p

Congrats MarkMan! Hope for all the best :)

So that's what he meant.

O0ziPOh.jpg

Congrats Marky.

pls leak Lee

Sayah

Very well deserved. Congrats MarkMan.

Not really, ya see, you have a tendency to come in here and praise Wii U games and the Wii U, and that's OK, I like me some Wii U like I like me some lemonade. But uh, when someone doesn't necessarily see eye to eye, ZTS for example, you have to convince them why the Wii U is the best or whatever. Hey, I'm just pointing it out because it's something I noticed.

I only really started talking about Wii U here after I played Splatoon.

And that's because Splatoon practically saved gaming for me. I was so bored with everything and then this game comes along and provides the best kind of fun.

Wii U is serving me much better than my PS4, which has just been collecting dust for 1.5 years. Bloodborne was the reason I got it and while Bloodborne is great, I didn't like a lot of things about it.

cordy

Banned
Man, congrats to MarkMan! I said that he needed to be this and I'm glad that he is. He'll d a great job promoting Tekken to the masses (officially now).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll still be working with other games too. Of course you know TEKKEN is my favorite. :)

AAK

I think you're right.... Namco would probably want the game out before EVO2017. The cutoff date is usually 5 weeks before EVO I think. So a May-June 2017 release does seem more likely. Maybe something to announce at TGS then? But even that seems kinda too soon being only a couple months after the Arcade release resulting in more arcade operators being pissed off. I doubt an announcement will happen at PSX2016 either since it's not a neutral venue and they need to announce the XBone version as well. I'm gonna say Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards 2016 is the most likely bet for a console announcement then.

Dereck

That's still a thing? Does anyone aside from us or some overly methodical armchair journalist really care?

BTW, I am on Spring Break, so if anyone wants games, I am available. Hell, I'll play now even.
I can if you want to play against Jin.

If you want to play Tekken, we really should probably be using something faster to communicate, get on Discord if you want to play.

AAK

Looking into the end of Wonkey's tweets, It says there was no money involved in letting Akuma be in T7, and following that it talks about Namco's patent on player inputs during practice mode... sounds like hella blackmail.

Namco: "You COULD give us Akuma for T7 as a kind gesture... OR ELSE!" *turns towards entourage of patent lawyers*

GrayFoxPL

Looking into the end of Wonkey's tweets, It says there was no money involved in letting Akuma be in T7, and following that it talks about Namco's patent on player inputs during practice mode... sounds like hella blackmail.

Namco: "You COULD give us Akuma for T7 as a kind gesture... OR ELSE!" *turns towards entourage of patent lawyers*

How is that shit patented? This shit is in Darkstalkers 3, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, Ehrgeiz etc. and I only listed those I played recently.

Patenting fucking arrows on screen, shit like that pisses me off.

I'm gonna patent "right kick".

sasuke_91

This is so stupid! I lost all hope for a 2016 release. I haven't been this frustrated since... well, I've never been this frustrated with a game that is basically playable already :/

Did they patent their delayed console release strategy too?

Hahahahahaha

Congratulations Markman on the new job(s)! I am sure you will be able to do great things in your position.

AEpaVDTAop4TC.gif

Has nightmare of Snoop Lion twerking MarkMan on stage while PewDiePie beats Anakin at the Tekken 7 console launch party. Everyone exclaiming, "Bro Fist, Bro Fist" Bro Fist.........

Wakes up, Runs Away

cordy

Banned
If anybody can please us console fans and help Namco with the rollout for the console release it's MarkMan. He knows how we feel and he's seen this shitty SFV rollout, just being real lol.

Dereck

I've been getting a handful of irritated players who think that I'm not playing seriously because I'm not using Slim Bob and Forest Law.

Don't let ranks fool you guys.

Say what you want about SF5 guys, but at least SF fans(yeah, I am one) have a new fighter that plays great to play. I love TTT2, but it's just a little old now. Sure, it is lacking modes like so many popular games this generation that everyone loves (Destiny, Titanfall, Rainbow 6, etc), but imo Capcom nailed the gameplay mechanics and I do not mind the slightly more simplistic approach of SF5. Imo, it's more honest, old school fighting without a plethora of gratuitous gimmicks or having to master a over-complicated system to remain relevant against competition. I will probably get incinerated for this, but I think I would rather have a Tekken 7 without a bunch of modes that should eventually be patched in available sooner over a complete Tekken 7 way off sometime in 2017 that. Still sticking with that 2017 release date for the consoles, but maybe something will get announced at E3 this year. Maybe.....

sasuke_91

speedwagon, sorry I wasn't Online yesterday. Didn't get to play after all.

I've been getting a handful of irritated players who think that I'm not playing seriously because I'm not using Slim Bob and Forest Law.

Don't let ranks fool you guys.

A few days ago someone told me I was the worst yellow rank he ever met :p
Yep, don't let ranks fool you.

Say what you want about SF5 guys, but at least SF fans(yeah, I am one) have a new fighter that plays great to play. I love TTT2, but it's just a little old now. Sure, it is lacking modes like so many popular games this generation that everyone loves (Destiny, Titanfall, Rainbow 6, etc), but imo Capcom nailed the gameplay mechanics and I do not mind the slightly more simplistic approach of SF5. Imo, it's more honest, old school fighting without a plethora of gratuitous gimmicks or having to master a over-complicated system to remain relevant against competition. I will probably get incinerated for this, but I think I would rather have a Tekken 7 without a bunch of modes that should eventually be patched in available sooner over a complete Tekken 7 way off sometime in 2017 that. Still sticking with that 2017 release date for the consoles, but maybe something will get announced at E3 this year. Maybe.....

Why not make an Early Access like many games have today? Or a beta or a demo or ANYTHING so we get to play this game already...
I hate that arcade model so much :/

Sayah

You won't get incinerated. Most of us just just want to have the game already.

Playing SFV is doing the same thing to me that GGXrd did last year: make me want to play more TTT2. Unlike last year though, server issues are getting in the way. Welp.

Someone, anyone, please make a new 3D fighter already.

Sayah

Playing SFV is doing the same thing to me that GGXrd did last year: make me want to play more TTT2. Unlike last year though, server issues are getting in the way. Welp.

Someone, anyone, please make a new 3D fighter already.

It's called Pokken Tournament. :p

Watching all the youtube videos and early online matches has me really excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom