• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I had a dream that Bob was revealed. He wasn't slim, but he wasn't quite so rotund either. And his clothes had obvious clipping issues. I think it's a sign
that I need more meaning in my life.

Watched Some YellowMotion captures/edits last night of Dragunov/Bryan... Hyped but bummed for the wait...

That Bryan default costume makes think of the long hours of T3 I had back in the day.

Why not make an Early Access like many games have today? Or a beta or a demo or ANYTHING so we get to play this game already...
I hate that arcade model so much :/

Yeah, I hate the arcade model also. I understand that they are obviously making profit in the Japanese arcades, but making the rest of the world wait so long for the game isn't fair imo when they have no access to play the game at all.

Someone, anyone, please make a new 3D fighter already.

I've been saying this for a while also. I desperately want more 3D fighters from practically anyone. The wait for Tekken 7 or DOA6 wouldn't be as excruciatingly painful if developers actually tried creating 3D fighting games once in awhile. Unfortunately, I think it is a combination of fighting games essentially becoming niche again and many developers just do not know how to create fighters, especially 3D fighting games. That is probably why we generally see the same 4 developers creating fighting games.

Creaking

Besides Pokken, the last new 3D fighter was 2012's D-tier garbage "Girl Fight"

Ugh...

I don't even know if SoulCalibur or Virtua Fighter will get sequels. That leaves Tekken as certain, and Dead or Alive as likely. And then what else do we have?

As garbage as Girl Fight was, I do wish more indie developers would take a stab at 3D fighting games. All they ever do is make rigid 2D stuff with gimmicks or over-complicated mechanics.

If big pubs don't want to fund new IPs, how about some revivals? Give me some Bushido Blade returns or Tobal No. 3 or whatever.

I guess we need a 3D fighter to suddenly be the new hotness to kick publishers into gear. On the current horizon, I just don't see that happening. That mid 90s-early 00s stretch was the heydey for new 3D fighters. Very little new life has come out of the genre since then.

Creaking

Still think I am bad at fighting games.

I know the feeling. With Tekken, I don't know if "bad" is the right word for it, since I have enough knowledge of the game and how to play it to beat actual noobs very easily, but I get panicked too easily, drop juggles all the time, mess up inputs, and lack in defense, especially against grabs, and even against weak tactics like spam (though input lag in online certainly makes things worse). In general, I find myself too often acting on instinct that turns out to be wrong.

AAK

Ugh...

I don't even know if SoulCalibur or Virtua Fighter will get sequels. That leaves Tekken as certain, and Dead or Alive as likely. And then what else do we have?

As garbage as Girl Fight was, I do wish more indie developers would take a stab at 3D fighting games. All they ever do is make rigid 2D stuff with gimmicks or over-complicated mechanics.

If big pubs don't want to fund new IPs, how about some revivals? Give me some Bushido Blade returns or Tobal No. 3 or whatever.

I guess we need a 3D fighter to suddenly be the new hotness to kick publishers into gear. On the current horizon, I just don't see that happening. That mid 90s-early 00s stretch was the heydey for new 3D fighters. Very little new life has come out of the genre since then.

Aris & Rip made this suggestion during an ATP Live:

COSix8G.png

Make it happen Namco! But yeah.... 3D Fighters are outside of the Arena styled fighters like Naruto & Pokken & Dissidia are pretty much dead. If Tekken 7 just sells the same amount as T6 with no growth I think it might be lights off for this series too being the end of the Mishima Saga and Namco not seeing any growth in the series or the genre.

Ugh...

Haha, I actually had some fun with Girl Fight despite it's epic jankiness and unresponsiveness at times. I kind of liked the stun system they implemented and thought it sort of reminded me of DOA in a sense. I will give the developers credit for at least trying to create a brand new IP.

DEATH™

dereck I don't know if you are saying that in a humorous sarcasm or aggressiveness, but remember 3 years ago you are also as frustrated by your growth as a player, complaining about you can't get any good, and you almost quit if weren't for the encouragement of everyone...

Just saying...

You play KOF. That automatically invalidates the above statement ;)

Gosh, I am even worse at KOF, all i do is hyperhop CD fishing for CHs.

Yeah, you are.

Thanks. :)

I know the feeling. With Tekken, I don't know if "bad" is the right word for it, since I have enough knowledge of the game and how to play it to beat actual noobs very easily, but I get panicked too easily, drop juggles all the time, mess up inputs, and lack in defense, especially against grabs, and even against weak tactics like spam (though input lag in online certainly makes things worse). In general, I find myself too often acting on instinct that turns out to be wrong.

Seriously though, I am guilty of all this. I have developed a horrible tendency to get ahead of myself and make terrible "hard" reads, foolishly trying to get damage in using the most obvious of setups. Online makes it even worse, since lag makes so you can't react to things. I also feel like everyone can easily bd out of my offense, while I can't bd out theirs, I just get hit.

It's a problem with my thinking, There's so much to think about I find that focusing on one thing gets me killed. Makes me feel a bit slow. I am saying that ultimately I have trouble with my offense and my defense. What does everyone else do?

Creaking

I was kind of interested in Pokken until I saw that they were doing that thing where the animation freezes momentarily on almost every hit. I hate that. Totally kills the flow for me.

i like the SF5 gameplay and character set well enough but the current features make it unpleasant to play.

I've never gotten a lobby working with friends, and ranked is polluted by tons of ragequitters.

And it's not like there's any single player stuff to do instead, to grind for FM or whatever.

So i borrowed Naruto UNS4 (of all things ¯\(O_°)/¯ ) off a friend and playing that for now. It's not great. Get out some patches, Capcom. Get out some releases, everyone else.

joeblow

So, Sony has their big PSVR conference today. Since Namco confirmed there will be some VR features in the home version (untelated to the main action), is there a chance that we get a few more T7 crumbs of info this afternoon?

If so, I'll guess that the game will have VR modes added to whatever T7 side games are revealed (Tekken Force, Tekken Bowling, Tekken Disco, etc.).

sasuke_91

I'm surprised there's more Pokken talk than SFV talk( ok it's actually not that surprising), is everyone here not liking SFV?

I don't care for either of those games because I lack both a PS4 and a Wii U.

So i borrowed Naruto UNS4 (of all things ¯\(O_°)/¯ ) off a friend and playing that for now. It's not great. Get out some patches, Capcom. Get out some releases, everyone else.

I liked UNS2 back when it first came out, but that game got old pretty quick and subsequent titles were quite similar.
I don't play any fighting game at the moment. I play Muramasa Rebirth on PS TV (got that little console for 15€ some time ago) and Undertale and Age of Empires 2 on PC. I played some Tekken 6 yesterday and got bored pretty quick because I had nobody to play with.

i like the SF5 gameplay and character set well enough but the current features make it unpleasant to play.

I've never gotten a lobby working with friends, and ranked is polluted by tons of ragequitters.

And it's not like there's any single player stuff to do instead, to grind for FM or whatever.

What's your CFN Squirrel? see if I can get some games in this weekend if you want.

NinthPixel got the death pool though.
Death pool? I don't keep up enough with majors to really know, but at this point in TTT2's life, no one who enters is free. Should be fun regardless.

Mostly concerned with Money Matches and Tekken 7 in the end, though. I may lose almost as much money than I have given out at Fingers To Fight, but I love how much I level up after getting my backside destroyed.

DJ KOR last year's FR put a smile on my face, getting wrecked so hard never felt so good. Learned so much against him. I have never won a money match and I am not sure what I'd do with the money if I ever do (it'd be disrespectful to give it back to them). Hope to see fellow Tekken Neogafs at the tourney! Wish us luck!

sasuke_91

I'm not seeing the similarities?
I saw Asuka's f+2, but that's really it.

I was half joking, but Asuka's f+2 is noticable, and Gardevoir's juggle also looks similar to a move Lili has. Can't tell you the notation though because I don't play Lili.
Oh and their unblockables also look similar -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24HPPRC_Uo

When's Final Round? I hope you guys will be seen on stream. Good luck to all of you!
Nice avatar boutdown :p

Watching some T7 videos and there's this girl Yuyu I've never seen before. And she plays one hell of a solid Ling! Gave Knee a pretty hard time in the Global Championship. I missed that back then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_h_dlCiUUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom