• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are taking the absolute piss with this game. No namco, Im not traveling halfway across the EU to play this game to give feedback. Just give us a fucking release date. Even if its 2017.

Sayah

*sigh*

Harada saying Tekken's always been like this - and there are less arcade games in today's market so that's why people are not used to waiting like before anymore.

Let's conveniently forget you just released Pokken today and stuff like Guilty Gear Xrd is already going to release a second update to its arcade release very soon. Let's conveniently forget that no Tekken game besides Tekken 6 and 7 took more than a year to transition from arcade to console.

All these Wizard World gaming events run up to the end of October. Maybe a November or December release is possible? But still highly unlikely.

I'm just getting tired of following all this. I don't care about some single to three day event in a state I don't live in.

From what Murray said to Aris I gather they are planning to reveal characters on console release, but anything before that is kinda sketchy.

Other thing that he said only PS4 version was announced(doesn't mean it's exclusive).

Markman was kinda mocking the game for lack of new moves, thing I'm pointing out since forever. "I'm just here to test TWO new moves", "Nina has only one new move..." things like that. When Aries asked Murray about the Nina thing, Murray got startled, couldn't get out of it. "She should have like 3, I don't have my computer now..." Lol yeah. Better work on some of new moves and I mean new, not stolen from other characters or cut from parts of old strings.

Interesting thing Murray said when Aris jokingly asked if Murray is the real boss and Harada is the sidekick. Murray said when he worked his way up and started to mean something in Tekken team, a lot of Tekken's design/ideas came from Murray actually. That Murray had a project plan done, Harada signed it and it was a go.

I really want to know what where those ideas, which ones, and were they the good ones.

If it's the shitty characters post T5 I'm starting to blame Murray instead Harada ;P.

Also what was that about: "I'm coming back home(after work).I'm loving my car and my something hot wife." He said something like that out of the blue, I didn't get it at all, but it was hilarious.

Edit:Tomorrow Aris is gonna do an interview with Harada and Murray with supposedly tough questions. I don't believe the "tough" part, but we'll see.

Mr. Murray, if you're responsible for Alisa, Lars, Chloe, and Gigas.......please stop....

GrayFoxPL

Fucking assholes, all of them.

And MarkMan still thinks his trolling is funny? "It's a great time to be a Tekken fan"?

"Now is the time to play Tekken and forward your impressions to Tekken team" (before game's development ends) ?

Does he really think this shit was, is or ever will be funny? Really it's a great time? We should play Tekken 7 now? Really?

KSOFxEP.gif

AAK

Yo, I just woke up. So what was the major announcement?

Lots of money for anyone that lives in the US that wants to travel to a bunch of tournaments/conventions and win a T7.0 tournie there.

And it's only open for people in South America and North America. Europeans and Asians are not allowed to enter.

Rajang

Lots of money for anyone that lives in the US that wants to travel to a bunch of tournaments/conventions and win a T7.0 tournie there.

And it's only open for people in South America and North America. Europeans and Asians are not allowed to enter.

918195_1550806471904216_789997545_n.jpg

Sayah

And MarkMan still thinks his trolling is funny? "It's a great time to be a Tekken fan"?

"Now is the time to play Tekken and forward your impressions to Tekken team" (before game's development ends) ?

Does he really think this shit was, is or ever will be funny? Really it's a great time? We should play Tekken 7 now? Really?

KSOFxEP.gif

I understand the frustration but this is a bit harsh.

It's just annoying they still don't get it. Someone that has all the time in the world is going to end up attending all 16 of these "events" and get the "full" experience (and MarkMan will probably also be at all of these at an official capacity) while 99% of remaining fans are left to bite the dust.

This does absolutely nothing for me. I sincerely hope this is not what MarkMan means when he says it's good time to be a Tekken fan. I am not travelling around the country until October just to have a day to play the game.

My excitement for Tekken is just dying. I can't be excited for it anymore. They really don't know how to cater to their fanbase and want to suck the arcades dry instead. This game got revealed at freakin EVO 2014 and will be an official main EVO game for two straight freakin years despite nobody actually having access to it. It's absurdity as some cosmic level.

cordy

Banned
I have a 9-5. I have a major job. I work Mon-Fri. I've also been playing Tekken since 95 T2. There's no way I can travel around and do these tourneys. No absolute way. I'm not some major FGC guy. I just play games from home when I can but I'm a huge Tekken fan. I'm on TZ daily, I check here daily, I'm always playing the previous games.

This news just does nothing for me given my life and that in no way doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the series.

Apparently we're getting an Avoidthepuddle live tomorrow with Harada, Murray and MarkMan tomorrow so I pray that some major news happens there because this tourney crap is what we've all feared. That does nothing for most of us given most Tekken fans can't access these tourneys.

GrayFoxPL

You're good guy Sayah, but don't expect them to cater to us. We put them where they are now, but we are last of the last to them. We mean dog shit to them.

Besides they can't get interest of anyone anymore. First they effectively shat on die-hard fans to get "fresh blood". Now even those newcomers stop giving a shit. Don't tell me 800 viewers is a normal thing for hyped up "upcoming" "AAA" fighting game. Don't tell me it was the same for MK or SFV pre release showings, because it wasn't.

They are playing this game wrong. I don't think anybody ever won commercially with: "pissing everyone off" - tactics.

Sayah

You're good guy Sayah, but don't expect them to cater to us. We put them where they are now, but we are last of the last to them. We mean dog shit to them.

Besides they can't get interest of anyone anymore. First they effectively shat on die-hard fans to get "fresh blood". Now even those newcomers stop giving a shit. Don't tell me 800 viewers is a normal thing for hyped up "upcoming" "AAA" fighting game. Don't tell me it was the same for MK or SFV pre release showings, because it wasn't.

They are playing this game wrong. I don't think anybody ever won commercially with: "pissing everyone off" - tactics.

Thanks - as are you. :)

I'm more annoyed when they say the wait time is business as usual for the Tekken franchise when it's not.

2uKP2b7.png

Tekken 3 and Tekken 4 even had Japanese console release much much earlier so passionate fans worldwide could have easily imported console versions if they didn't want to wait 13-14 months.

AAK

I think everyone should direct the fury more towards Namco than MarkMan. The poor guy is just making the most out of the hand he's dealt. And besides he did warn everyone on this thread that nothing console related will be talked about until after the Arcade release.

I also think it's time everyone came to terms with the fact that the console version will come out at the absolute earliest around this time when the snow melts in 2017, no earlier.

Sayah

I also think it's time everyone came to terms with the fact that the console version will come out at the absolute earliest around this time when the snow melts in 2017, no earlier.

And that's exactly why I won't be supporting it. Even accepting a late 2016 release is being very lenient towards Namco's release timeline.

If Tekken 7 is similar to Tekken 6 in that they take a year to create a shitty scenario campaign mode that nobody actually wants, it'll make me even more mad. It's increasingly becoming harder to tolerate this franchise.

GrayFoxPL

I think everyone should direct the fury more towards Namco than MarkMan. The poor guy is just making the most out of the hand he's dealt. And besides he did warn everyone on this thread that nothing console related will be talked about until after the Arcade release.

You mean by taking the FR build home and playing it at will while at the same time encouraging ppl to play Tekken 7 by, I don't know, traveling across the World and shit?

Then coming here saying how good is to be a Tekken fan now? Complaining that we are so "negative"?

Yeah I'm tired of MM too.

I don't think that liar bifuteki took this: "Major announcement", "Maybe new character" straight from his own ass but probably someone else.

Sayah

I don't think that liar bifuteki took this: "Major announcement", "Maybe new character" straight from his own ass but probably someone else.

I personally doubt that. They already suffered from negative setbacks by hyping up a King of Iron Fist tournament in Japan as a super big announcement that maybe 5 people cared about.

giphy.gif

I think bifuteki just wanted to increase his viewership. Either that or there was something lost in communication.

I just wish the TTT2 servers didn't suck. Take all the time you want, but at least let me play the game I own!

Why? Why? Why would you say that?

TTT2 is over 3 years old. I dropped the game months ago.

sasuke_91

Harada saying Tekken's always been like this - and there are less arcade games in today's market so that's why people are not used to waiting like before anymore.

Well... it oviously needs to change if that's the case. Is that supposed to be an excuse?
And no, we've never gone 3,5 years without a Tekken game on a new console. Remember when Tekken was a launch game? Tekken's always been like this and it was great.

Also, "Don't pay attention to what other regions are doing."

Thanks. That makes me feel a lot better. Really, thanks a lot.

It's even worse if you're European, because you have no chance of playing this game at any point in time.
I had a few friends who were excited for the game. They forgot about it, not joking.

My excitement for Tekken is just dying. I can't be excited for it anymore. They really don't know how to cater to their fanbase and want to suck the arcades dry instead. This game got revealed at freakin EVO 2014 and will be an official main EVO game for two straight freakin years despite nobody actually having access to it. It's absurdity as some cosmic level.

We'll probably have more tournaments for T7 by the end of the year than we had in T6's entire life time (arcade + console combined).

I'm actually really tired. Anyone wondering why we're so negative? It's hard to support the series after being ignored for 2 years. It's hard to get excited for anything regarding the series, knowing that you won't be able to play it for another year. It's hard to get excited for any "major announcement" that ends up being a tournament that a dozen of people will enter. And it's hard to not get mad for being told to "get excited" and "stay tuned"... People are complaining about the lack of content in SFV. We're complaining about the lack of anything to play :(
I'm tired of TTT2. I've been playing this game for way too long. I need something fresh!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

KSOFxEP.gif

Or we can do nothing.

Sayah

Or we can do nothing.

I personally think it's a waste of time and money for you to be spending on this "tour" that's only going to reach the bare minimum of people. Most of us have jobs and a life and can't be travelling around the country for a year just to get access to a game for one day.

Maybe that money should instead be invested in getting a demo setup for us. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is giving a free demo to all those that pre-order.

I'm actually really tired. Anyone wondering why we're so negative? It's hard to support the series after being ignored for 2 years. It's hard to get excited for anything regarding the series, knowing that you won't be able to play it for another year. It's hard to get excited for any "major announcement" that ends up being a tournament that a dozen of people will enter. And it's hard to not get mad for being told to "get excited" and "stay tuned"... People are complaining about the lack of content in SFV. We're complaining about the lack of anything to play :(
I'm tired of TTT2. I've been playing this game for way too long. I need something fresh!

My sentiments exactly.

cordy

Banned
One good thing that's come from today is Murray saying he's seen T7 running on PS4 already. That's actually a bit different from what they've told us months ago. They said FR would release in arcade first and then they'll start on the console version but it seems they've already started on the console version which speeds up porting time from the arcade to PS4. Given it takes 3-4 months to port a big game to the console, I'm actually wondering if this is going to impact it's release hmm. Sayah's pic chart with the release date for the console version for T7 is thrown off since if they've started developing the PS4 version already then it could potentially release earlier than November 2016. I'm not getting my hopes up but something isn't matching up.

Aris is supposed to ask harder questions tomorrow so I look forward to them. I hope he asks them what they think about the console gamers waiting for the game. We just need more info on their development here.

Sayah

One good thing that's come from today is Murray saying he's seen T7 running on PS4 already. That's actually a bit different from what they've told us months ago. They said FR would release in arcade first and then they'll start on the console version but it seems they've already started on the console version which speeds up porting time from the arcade to PS4. Given it takes 3-4 months to port a big game to the console, I'm actually wondering if this is going to impact it's release hmm. Sayah's pic chart with the release date for the console version for T7 is thrown off since if they've started developing the PS4 version already then it could potentially release earlier than November 2016. I'm not getting my hopes up but something isn't matching up.

Aris is supposed to ask harder questions tomorrow so I look forward to them. I hope he asks them what they think about the console gamers waiting for the game. We just need more info on their development here.

I have high doubts the game will release before November 2016. And even November is being too optimistic because:

#1: Arcade operators have to be able to make profit off their purchase of new arcade machines.

#2: Wizard World Tour events are scheduled up to late October. There would be no point in having these if the game was going to release before then.

But as I said before, this tour is a complete waste of resources and only the very small minority that is competitively active enough to attend all 16 events will be enthused to go there. The casual fanbase (the majority) just wants a damn release date already. Anything that gets posted on Neogaf for Tekken 7 or on Tekken Facebook has half the people asking if it's releasing on consoles already or not. 99% of people do not care about these side events that showcase the game for a day.

Sayah

I think the realization is starting to kick in for me that this will be more than likely a 2017 title, in which case I won't support it - and it's making me regret all the time I wasted anticipating this game, making several posts about it (which I'm still doing), staying up late nights only to get reveals like lucky chloe, and spending more money on this game at Dave & Busters than what I would spend on an actual retail release. It's sad to think about.

cordy

Banned
I have high doubts the game will release before November 2016. And even November is being too optimistic because:

#1: Arcade operators have to be able to make profit off their purchase of new arcade machines.

#2: Wizard World Tour events are scheduled up to late October. There would be no point in having these if the game was going to release before then.

But as I said before, this tour is a complete waste of resources and only the very small minority that is competitively active enough to attend all 16 events will be enthused to go there. The casual fanbase (the majority) just wants a damn release date already. Anything that gets posted on Neogaf for Tekken 7 or on Tekken Facebook has half the people asking if it's releasing on consoles already or not. 99% of people do not care about these side events that showcase the game for a day.

I completely 100% agree with you on the tourney stuff not mattering to more people and the people wanting the game. What I don't agree with is the arcade operators portion since T7 has done so well chances are they don't need that especially considering the same money that T7 made was used to bring FR to their arcades in the first place. T7 did gangbusters money-wise. Arcade operators don't hold a gun to Namco's head in this case because T7 is doing amazing.

Also the WizardWorld tourneys nah, I don't think Namco's like Capcom in which they're structuring an entire game around a major tourney like that which hasn't released. Knowing these guys they'll release it when is and that's contributed to the fact that they're not bring T7FR to every major tourney they can.

Again, the only thing I agree with is how most of this tourney, around the world play T7FR for arcade stuff doesn't help most of us and the fact we've waited this long with no info. Not only is that a bad business model but that's exactly why a lot of companies shoot themselves in the foot. We want to hear info on how the console versions are being developed, what's being planned and exactly how things are coming along. Even if Namco gives us an update every 2 weeks with something as similar as "we're adjusting the costumes" we'd be fine but we need actual updates. Nobody wants to be in the dark about stuff like this especially when you have a game coming out. Look at how SFV sold. It didn't have extra content attached to it like Tekken games but what's even more striking is the fact that it didn't have Arcade or a VS CPU. Sure, Capcom might have said something about it weeks prior to release but most of the public had no idea of it considering they randomly threw it out there before release, people bought the game not knowing that.

The point I'm making is unless they start having a rollout where we know what'll be in the game then we could have bad sales due to the fact that most won't know. You can't spring that upon people like that, it's bad business.

LowParry

As sad as this may sound, I don't think we'll have Tekken 7 console till after EVO 2017. Eeeesh. How could you even sell Tekken 7 for EVO 2017 if that turns out to be the case? I mean we got Pokken.............................................right? :(

sasuke_91

As sad as this may sound, I don't think we'll have Tekken 7 console till after EVO 2017. Eeeesh. How could you even sell Tekken 7 for EVO 2017 if that turns out to be the case? I mean we got Pokken.............................................right? :(

That would be 3 EVOs before the game releases, which is more than T6 and TTT2 had when they were actually available (both were at 2 EVOs). I don't think that will be the case.
Why do you think that?

Nuszka

Last night i drooled over the first good quality footage of FR, but had to go shortly after the announcement of "no announcement".Then this morning read through the thread, re watched the interview and feel really disappointed. I live in Ireland and have a full time job how in the world am i suppose to be able to play this game before the console release?
Its sad that the EU market which has/had probably bigger support for this franchise then US is left behind.
But the most disappointing thing was the fact that after the interview i had a feeling that this game won't ship on Ps4 until fall 2017, hope I'm wrong but thats my mind set. I would rather be positively surprised then disappointed again.
Its not a good time to be a tekken fan. Moving on from here.

Edit: There is something to look forward to !!! T7 soundtrack releases soon !!! Its a great news for me as my workout playlist consists of 90% songs from the lifespan of TK franchise. Its great to be a Tekken fan now :)

sasuke_91

Everyone is losing their shit over the PS4.5 rumors and we're just sitting here wondering if Tekken 7 is going to be a PS5 launch game.

Nuszka

Im trying to tell you guys. Staying up late for announcements and hyping yourselves up at this point in the game is just shooting yourself in the foot. Play other shit or just live life and not worry about the game.

Coming from a person who played FR :) Tbh i have been with the franchise since T1 memories of being in high school getting ps1 with it something magical, same with every other part, same when it comes to ps2 and ttt1 when i was in college, to be short this series has been a major part of my gaming experience so its hard to not get excited. Any hints of announcement are waking those feelings in me. Tbh i would be happier if they just confirmed the release for 2017, have it out of the way and stop fiddling with us.

Im trying to tell you guys. Staying up late for announcements and hyping yourselves up at this point in the game is just shooting yourself in the foot. Play other shit or just live life and not worry about the game.

Yeah, this is the best advice. It's all well and good to fire shots at SF5 for releasing in a busted state, but at least i can play that game even if it's a glorified beta. Can't say the same for Tekken. And Guilty Gear is giving people immediate access to the arcade version when they pre-order.

Some tour in the US does nothing for me. I don't live there. Give us a PS4 beta or something at least if you're gonna put release off to 2017.

sasuke_91

I guess some of us care a little too much for this game. I agree with you...

I'll be playing some Offline Tekken tommorrow though, which is cool I guess.

Coming from a person who played FR :)

Nah, he's been saying this for a long time now.

I think this is hitting you guys hard because you folks were still so invested in Tekken through TTT2's timeline. I've abandoned hope for a while now so I'm not really anticipating "good" news ever. But whenever I do see a gaming side Tekken thread or when I periodically check here, I sometimes feel a bit of joy (not today though ha).

Don't watch their streams, don't follow their tweets. Make them know you're no longer interested. Otherwise, they have you right where they want you... helping spread hype with your uber anticipation skills.

Been on this plan for a while. Everything in stride.

Maybe we should plead to Trump to make Tekken great again.

Coming from a person who played FR :)

A lot of people here have played the game but it doesn't mean much when I know I can't put it in my system anytime soon. That's why I'm glad SFV is good and I can fall back to MKX if I want.

At this point Tekken is like that person you like and they like you too but they arent putting in enough proper effort into the relationship

Dereck

Poongko has been hogging this Tekken 7 station for like an hour, he has like a 10 win streak. I almost beat him 2/3 but lost in the final round. Mike just played him and I recorded it.

Poongko has been hogging this Tekken 7 station for like an hour, he has like a 10 win streak. I almost beat him 2/3 but lost in the final round. Mike just played him and I recorded it.

My Day 1 Kazumi ;_;

And I don't think 645 could stream today so no Tekken pools.

Pachimari

I'm not following anything anymore. I was there at the stream yesterday when they were said to have a big announcement, but as always, it turned out to be nothing - though it was not the fault of Bandai Namco.

I am getting sick of the whole "It's a good time to be a Tekken" fan mentality though, as it doesn't really feel like that here in Europe.

I'm patient though, so I'll be alright. Just not thinking much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom