• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

We were never safe

Harada be like:

s7GQmsS.png

Dereck

The way in which new costumes are being made is a little less methodical and more arbitrary than I thought.

Heihachi is an original character from Tekken 7.0, who went through two releases without getting a new costume. Now he gets a new one after the reveal trailer. Stuff like this makes me think of more possibilities. Like Kazuya getting another costume (his current one is new but it's from the Tekken Tag Tournament intro), Law getting a new one, Jack-7 getting a new one, and possibly all of the new characters getting 2P costumes.

Bought an arcade stick ages ago but have never really invested the time/effort into it. I've recently been getting the urge to finally try and learn it properly. Any recommended tutorials out there? I remember initially using a combo of TMMs and ATPs vids for pointers, but was wondering if there's any others worth watching.

AAK

Bought an arcade stick ages ago but have never really invested the time/effort into it. I've recently been getting the urge to finally try and learn it properly. Any recommended tutorials out there? I remember initially using a combo of TMMs and ATPs vids for pointers, but was wondering if there's any others worth watching.

If you're asking about how to hold the joystick specifically, just go with what's most comofortable for you. Everyone has their own preference that works best with them. There are tons of online tutorials talking about how to backdash cancel and such, it's something that you just have to practice again and again until you have the rhythm down.

If you're talking about tutorials and videos on how to play and improve at Tekken, I recommend videos that discuss the strategy and how to think while playing Tekken. There aren't enough of those IMO. Aris did a good introduction series with these:

Episode 1 , Q&A
Episode 2, Q&A
Episode 3, Q&A

One guy Original Gaming Bubsy has a very nice organized series of vids on improving yourself as a player:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcgJ_WRRj7ghddWtWfawoDm587xbvpif

Speedkicks also had a lot of golden stuff on his twitch channel about what should be going through your mind but I don't see many archived vids for it unfortunately.

If you're asking about how to hold the joystick specifically, just go with what's most comofortable for you. Everyone has their own preference that works best with them. There are tons of online tutorials talking about how to backdash cancel and such, it's something that you just have to practice again and again until you have the rhythm down.

If you're talking about tutorials and videos on how to play and improve at Tekken, I recommend videos that discuss the strategy and how to think while playing Tekken. There aren't enough of those IMO. Aris did a good introduction series with these:

Episode 1 , Q&A
Episode 2, Q&A
Episode 3, Q&A

One guy Original Gaming Bubsy has a very nice organized series of vids on improving yourself as a player:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcgJ_WRRj7ghddWtWfawoDm587xbvpif

Speedkicks also had a lot of golden stuff on his twitch channel about what should be going through your mind but I don't see many archived vids for it unfortunately.

Yh I'm mainly referring to the learning bdc, ewgf etc with the stick. With controller I can ewgf wd and bdc, though I'm not really that good/quick at bdc and want to take that step up. Thanks for the link to the videos by Aris and Original Gaming Bubsy, I've never seen those, I'll definitely give them a watch later.

Numb

Let me know if you wanna play some games. Though our connection with TTT2 was complete bonkers, I have hope this game's good netcode might salvage that.

Don't have faith in Wii U connection when we had terrible connection on TTT2. Been playing local but haven't tried it online yet.
Hope online ain't crazy. Seeing Max too salty at it

Sayah

Don't have faith in Wii U connection when we had terrible connection on TTT2. Been playing local but haven't tried it online yet.
Hope online ain't crazy. Seeing Max too salty at it

Alright - let me know if you ever wanna give it a shot.

Anywho, I know people like to think Tekken 7 music isn't all that great - but it has been really growing on me. Love this catchy moment.

lupinko

Speaking of themes, my personal favourite is Lars' theme.

You can only hear it in Twilight conflict on the third / deciding round if Lars is played by either or both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom