• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

What people?

You mean us? The people who don't have the game?

ifLtm11.jpg

Jabbing at T7 non availability will never get old, lol.

Music in T7 is pretty bad. Biong, biong, bzzzzz ktshhhh, woozzzzzz, wonk, wonk, bling, bling! The fuck is this senseless shit? Ever since Tag2 the soundtrack is subpar compared to earlier Tekkens. I can find 1-2 tracks that are good but as a whole - thumbs down.

From the newer ones actually it's the Revolution soundtrack I like the most but it's still a turd compared to Tekken 5, Tekken 2, Tag1, T4 or others.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Eh, I didn't care for it either. I think I left maybe two stages untouched by Tekken Tunes. The rest have been changed to Tag 1, T5, T6 or T2 tracks.

Dereck

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has the worst stages and stage music.

Before you say something, that doesn't mean that the stages and music are bad.

It just means that there are much better stages with much better music to go along with them from other Tekken games.

cordy

Banned
Given T7FR is going to have remixed music I hope both forms will be in the console version. I miss the previous days of T5DR PSN and T3 where you heard both styles new and old.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has the worst stages and stage music.

Before you say something, that doesn't mean that the stages and music are bad.

It just means that there are much better stages with much better music to go along with them from other Tekken games.

Gotta give TTT2 props for remixing the godlike T2 staff roll though, however badly.

But ttt2 is okay overall IMO. About as good as T6 imo.

Rheon

I think T6 probably has to be the worst Tekken soundtrack ever. The only memorable tracks from it are Electric Fountain and Fallen Colony.

Sayah

Something wrong with people here. TTT2 and T6 both got great OSTs. Just to give a sample of Tekken 6:

Electric Fountain - extremely catchy
Yodeling - who doesn't like this?
Anger of the Earth - veeeerry good vocals with crazy violin playing
Fallen Colony - looooooove this
One of the best character selects ever made
Who could forget detune?
Urban War Zone really picks it up
Queens Harbor?
Temple Grounds - one of the hidden gems in the T6 soundtrack - its vocals get soooooo good.
And lastly, the PSP main menu is rock solid.

Not a single one of these songs sucks. I would recommend you all to get some of this.
51wNxITrIWL.jpg

AAK

I overall enjoyed Tag 2's soundtrack. But I will openly admit it has Snoop Dog and the excessive dubstep stages that are the worst in the series history. Tag 2's credits themes are definitely within my top 10 tracks of the series though.

My only hot take on Tekken music is people that like TTT2's customize theme are out of their minds. The only damn song I can't replace with something else too.

sasuke_91

I probably would put T5DR and T2 behind T3, T5, T6, and TTT2. lol

T2 has Kazuya's theme. Your argument is invalid.

I overall enjoyed Tag 2's soundtrack. But I will openly admit it has Snoop Dog and the excessive dubstep stages that are the worst in the series history. Tag 2's credits themes are definitely within my top 10 tracks of the series though.

TTT2's soundtrack is not bad, but not very memorable or anything. In 10 years, people won't be looking back at TTT2's soundtrack the way they do with T2/3/4/5.
Snoop Dog and dubstep is what ruins the soundtrack for me. And the custumization menu music has driven me insane ( ._.)

Numb

My only hot take on Tekken music is people that like TTT2's customize theme are out of their minds. The only damn song I can't replace with something else too.

Always loved it
Had to put it somehwere else since don't spend time in customs

Sayah

Colin-Farrell-WTF.gif

T2 has Kazuya's theme. Your argument is invalid.
Emotionless Passion is overrated.

TTT2's soundtrack is not bad, but not very memorable or anything. In 10 years, people won't be looking back at TTT2's soundtrack the way they do with T2/3/4/5.
I certainly will be looking back at it if I'm still alive and kicking 10 years from now. Snoop Dogg and dubstep do not define the entire OST.

Dereck

Sometimes I get self conscious and feel bad about how much vitriol I've thrown towards Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken 7, Bandai Namco and the faces that represent the company. At this point I can concisely say that I'm tired of making the same jokes over and over and sounding like I don't appreciate Tekken when I really do. This thread almost has 15,000 posts and I'm willing to bet that about 2/3 of them involve me and others complaining about stuff. I've been complaining about most of the same stuff and I don't want people to genuinely think that I hate anything involving Tekken. I'm tired, we're all tired, and I'll try to scale back the trashy posts about the wait for Tekken 7. Thanks brehs.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I would like to play, why can't I play?

You can! There are many opportunities to fly to certain parts of the US and play the game for a very short period of time. It's a good time to be a Tekken fan.

^
Aww, couldn't you have waited a few seconds?

Numb

Sometimes I get self conscious and feel bad about how much vitriol I've thrown towards Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken 7, Bandai Namco and the faces that represent the company. At this point I can concisely say that I'm tired of making the same jokes over and over and sounding like I don't appreciate Tekken when I really do. This thread almost has 15,000 posts and I'm willing to bet that about 2/3 of them involve me and others complaining about stuff. I've been complaining about most of the same stuff and I don't want people to genuinely think that I hate anything involving Tekken. I'm tired, we're all tired, and I'll try to scale back the trashy posts about the wait for Tekken 7. Thanks brehs.

We only do it cos we care and appreciate the game and want it
Otherwise no one would bother posting or saying anything. You are not in the wrong

Sayah

Usually, I combine Tekken 5 and Tekken 5 DR but if we're separating DR, it has like 4 good songs out of the entire OST that weren't already in Tekken 5 before.

Snow Castle
Stalking Wolves
Hall of Fate
Estrada da Estrela, which I probably shouldn't count because Waterfall from Tekken 5 is a superior version of it.

#RealityCheck

It's a good time to be a Tekken fan.

lupinko

Actually replace the corny Tekken snoop song with a real snoop song and it's a lot better.

I did that and that stage is awesome with the Next Episode.

cordy

Banned
I don't think TTT2/T6 are bad per say, just average.

Then again. I only think
T5DR and T2 have the good OSTs.

Preach. I'd add 3 with it.

I'd say it goes like

- T2/T3/T5DR
- TTT
- T4
- T1
- T6
- TTT2

Can't rate 7 yet though. Either way Tekken's music had a huge dropoff after 5/DR hit. 6, TTT2 and Rev were all not up to par. Like, how can you compare this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-W7MTjiYUs

to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EyQjpC-AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom