• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Yooo whats going on guys?

Tekken talk?

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Its live.

Wow they played whole 35 minutes.

aFHp43S.jpg

Sayah

Just finished watching WWE Extreme Rules. Hot damn wow that fatal 4 way match was some real hot ish. Cesaro and Sami Zayn are probably my favorite stars in WWE right now. The rest of the show was kind of boring but that fatal 4 way made up for everything.

This is a lie/spam, but I'm semi-flattered someone would say this to me:

I got the same message a while ago. I just ignored it.

TTT2 and compliments from online players? Why I never.......

GrayFoxPL

Yo Miguel love. Maybe they think Mig is too complicated. Zafina shares the fate of all low stance characters.

XK3lsIT.gif

hei knows he fucked up

The slo-mo is fascinating, not only in T7, but in general. Like if you program character move for 15 frames the cpu can turn that into 200 frames in slo-mo. I don't know if programing 3D animation means that every character move is recorded at eg .200 fps and downconverted to 60 fps but the game actually has access to all the frames during slo-mo, but it is surly fascinating to a greenhorn like me.

Pachimari

I can't remember, but what were the reason for low-stance characters like Eddy, Zafina and Lei not being able to make it into Tekken 7?

GrayFoxPL

There is no official reason, people just speculate it's because of the new wakeup system.

It's not only that. Bound moves that were vertical and hit downwards are gone replaced by horizontal bounds from mid to high. If added lack of refloat those characters were susceptible to then it's pretty clear to see how hard those low stance characters would be to fight against.

In T6, or Tag2 you could whack hammer punch move on relaxed Eddy and there's quite a chance you'll bound him if he even twitches or as Hei you fire up hellsweep machine for juggle.
This shit doesn't work in T7 system.

I'm not saying they won't finally figure out how to make it work. I just belive the T7 system as a whole is the reason that to this day there isn't a single character like that. The roster isn't that small too.

Nobody will tell me they left a character like Eddy out on purpose since he is a go to char for button mashers or early players. He was mega popular since T3. If Lucky Chloe was supposed to replace him I don't think it worked out quite right since people still want Eddy or Christie.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The slo-mo is fascinating, not only in T7, but in general. Like if you program character move for 15 frames the cpu can turn that into 200 frames in slo-mo. I don't know if programing 3D animation means that every character move is recorded at eg .200 fps and downconverted to 60 fps but the game actually has access to all the frames during slo-mo, but it is surly fascinating to a greenhorn like me.

Its because in 3d animation you only really 'record' certain key frames, the software smooths between them. One of the reasons it tends to be cheaper to do 3d than 2d for animation intensive games.

Cool stuff!

What makes 3D fighters like Tekken animate better than their 2D counter parts is they are a true fully animated 60 FPS. Only way to do that consistently is with modified motion capture which we've talked about here before. Point being running at 60 FPS & being animated at 60 FPS are not the same thing but Neogaf and the rest of the general populous has yet to realize this. Best example, Skull Girls animates at around 14 FPS but the game runs at 60.

Leo is kinda redundant IMO. She's too similar to Feng, as far as fighting style goes. That Akira style is already represented with Feng, and he's just more interesting and badass than she is.

She has that "been there done that" feel, like some generic fighter they tossed in last minute. I half expect to see her in a KoF game or something. Lars almost has the same effect. It's almost as if most of the Tekken 6 cast additions are uninspired.

/2 cents

Leo is kinda redundant IMO. She's too similar to Feng, as far as fighting style goes. That Akira style is already represented with Feng, and he's just more interesting and badass than she is.

She has that "been there done that" feel, like some generic fighter they tossed in last minute. I half expect to see her in a KoF game or something. Lars almost has the same effect. It's almost as if most of the Tekken 6 cast additions are uninspired.

/2 cents

I agree with this. I felt that T6 was Namco at their most creatively bankrupt.

sasuke_91

Meh. Leo is soooooooo boring to watch. Alisa at least has rocket punches, replaceable head bombs, and hard hitting attacks that look really cool.
Opinions. After watching Gen vs JDCR I thought that Leo looked very fun and she really is. I wouldn't say that she's too similar to Feng either.

Spuck-uk

Banned

/2 cents

As someone who mained a Feng/Leo team in TTT2... nah, they don't really have a lot in common at all gameplay wise, and she certainly plays nothing like Akira from VF.

I'm slightly biased, she's one of my favourite female character designs, even if she kinda looks like a prettier Rock Howard.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah Leo uses Baji Quan but the Japanese "version" if I remember right. Feng's style is a mix
of Hung Gar and various other styles, basically watch old kung fu movies and you'll find his moves - Hwang Jiang Li's Eagle Claw comes to mind.

Of course stupid shit like f+3,4 is science fiction.

I actually liked Feng in T5 but after that not really, his gameplay just became "ugly".

I have complained about this but I don't like how post T5DR everyone had to be turned into Combo-juggle machine, even Jack. Hey it's ok to not have Steve's combo potential on every corner.

I think the Chinese styles should be more advanced in control, kinda like Chinese Mishimas, they focus too much on stances and less about the control.

AAK

Feedback? Any guests you wanna see in the future?
I think it would be super cool to see a lot of OGs (other than Aris) come and talk about Tekken's history. Some ideas:
Slipkicks
Bronson
Brian H
Tom Hilfiger
Jackie Tran
JOP
Eddie Pistons
AVKazama
Sperogin
Unconkable
Ling Massacre

EDIT:
Arario & FilthyRich too!

Rajang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jgT0awfbCA

YouTube upload for the first TEKKEN TALK episode.

Alot of great suggestions already but I would like to see Michael Murray. I've seen a few videos of him and Aris together and he always seemed very open and likes to give alot of info while explaining the thought process of the dev team.

Meh. Leo is soooooooo boring to watch. Alisa at least has rocket punches, replaceable head bombs, and hard hitting attacks that look really cool.

Was just never a fan of Alisa and Lars. Those two characters just really rub me the wrong way. Also gameplay wise she just looks whack to me. I prefer someone like Leo who uses real martial arts.

If you really want I can recreate that scenario at Wizard World Philly and film it for you.

You don't have to go through the hassle of filming it, feel free to let me know if you have the chance. Best of luck in the tournament.

Lars and Leo shouldn't be in Tekken 7. Miguel and Zafina should be.

Leo was the best new T6 character for me in both design and gameplay, the rest are meh and they're not going to be missed if they're not going to be in T7.

And speaking of Alisa, I think the younger generation that play Tekken casually really like her. When my younger relatives visit us and start playing the game, not only the play her a lot but they spend a lot of time customizing her looks and ending up with surprisingly impressive results.

I think bringing people notable Street Fighter players is a great idea, bringing Maximilian will benefit the game since he have a large fan base that are mostly into Street Fighter. Would also love to hear Ryan Gutierrez's opinion on Akuma in T7FR.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Lars was fine to me from a gameplay standpoint but the design was off putting to me.

Alisa is another matter altogether.

The thing with Lars is his hair, for me, looks super out of place, other than that I kinda like his design.

The naruto design for him was hella cool.

latest

Great first episode. Not a bad idea regularly having players on who primarily play SF but are now picking up Tekken as well (or again, as in Justin's case). Great way to communicate how much Tekken has opened itself up to non-Tekken players.
As mentioned both here and in the video itself Aris is a must-have guest. Not only is he endlessly entertaining, but he manages to communicate all aspects of the fighting game community so effortlessly even someone who isn't part of said community, like me, gets excited about this stuff.
I agree with AAK, having some of the old arcade elite on would be interesting. In that regard I'd put a vote in for EddyPistons. Have him on together with Aris, preferably, as I've been dying for an encore to my favourite ATP episode (Ep 26 featuring JOP, TomBrady & EddyPistons). http://youtu.be/VB_Rtda2trY

Dereck

Notable people in Tekken 7 pools at Combobreaker

mysticbill
shinblade
rip
justin wong
anakin
spero gin
rik tha rular
cuddle core
mateo
lil majin
maknificent
renoface

Spuck-uk

Banned
If he's ever in the area, Ryan Hart.

He doesn't even practice TTT2 and still just randomly shows up to mop most of the EU for free

Numb

Didn't he randomly win canadacup out of nowhere and no one noticed
This.

Also, Mark are the Minneapolis matches going up on that channel?

I appreciate the nomination but there are much more deserving people to be on this kind of show.
Max is indeed hyped for the game but he is waiting for the full one

-----

Do well enough and we will see ya on there

GrayFoxPL

Ggs Sasuke.

My Paul is getting stronger. It's not "universe" yet but gonna work.

I'm going carefully vacuum my PS3, maybe it's overheat and not YLOD.

I really don't wanna lose my first gen PS3. Buying slim, transferring accounts, hard drives, buying another PS2, I really don't wanna do that.

AAK

I really hope get SOMETHING at E3.

You never mentioned a year, so it's still reasonable to hope for E3...2017.

As for this year, hope to see more of For Honor. That, along with Ni-Oh will probably be my next purchases after I finally get my hands on Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom