• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Tekken 7 FR also releases digitally on PS4 alongside with the arcade version and follows the same monetary model as the arcade version, how many of you would be willing to start playing the game?

It's very anti-consumer but I would be on board for playing Tekken 7.

IF such a version would have launched at the same time as arcades, I would have bitched a lot about it but would have played it at least some to get the same early start.

If something like that launched NOW i wouldn't play it. Arcade version is early but expensive, console is late but cheap. Late + expensive is no thanks.

Numb

IF such a version would have launched at the same time as arcades, I would have bitched a lot about it but would have played it at least some to get the same early start.

If something like that launched NOW i wouldn't play it. Arcade version is early but expensive, console is late but cheap. Late + expensive is no thanks.

I had a dream last night I went to Green Arcade in Korea. It was sick. Though I'm pretty sure the real Green Arcade doesn't have a counter to order food like the Break.

GrayFoxPL

Hmm, Paul's d+1+2 crushes highs on early frames. I got Lee to get rolling lunge (or fff+1+2) blocked, got plus frames and did right away 1,2 and Paul's d+1+2 won cleanly against it. Twice.
Wanted to confirm this in the same match. so when the other Paul player did df+1~b 4(plus frames) I instantly went for d+1+2 and his sway 4 just flew over Paul's hair as I hit him with d+1+2.

6g6G6jd.gif

I need to utilize this shit more vs highs on my frame disadvantage. Wonder how it matches against Steve's b+1.

Hmm, Paul's d+1+2 crushes highs on early frames. I got Lee to get rolling lunge (or fff+1+2) blocked, got plus frames and did right away 1,2 and Paul's d+1+2 won cleanly against it. Twice.
Wanted to confirm this in the same match. so when the other Paul player did df+1~b 4(plus frames) I instantly went for d+1+2 and his sway 4 just flew over Paul's hair as I hit him with d+1+2.

6g6G6jd.gif

I need to utilize this shit more vs highs on my frame disadvantage. Wonder how it matches against Steve's b+1.

D+1+2 has always ducked under highs.

GrayFoxPL

D+1+2 has always ducked under highs.

It's not that obvious because once I delayed my jabs so I wasn't on plus I eventually ch him out of d+1+2 with lee's 1,2,4 and when he tried again I got him with ch 2,2,3 for the finish. So I don't know what the true crush window is, but something early.

sasuke_91

Sorry Sasuke I was just jumping on Tag 2 for a sec to do some match up research. We'll play another time.

No problem. Looking forward to playing you again.

ggs guys.

Good games. My Lili knowledge is so limited. I should hit practice mode someday.

ggs guys
seems like i got way worse.
I blame SFV. Which we still haven't played one another, Squirrel

You should play again every now and then. I gave up on improving, so I try to hold my current level :p

My DS4's digipad is getting way too soft again. I'm trying to hit forward and my character jumps. DS4s aren't really suited for fighting games all along. And my DS3 is going crazy every now and then, so I can't use that for Tekken.
I guess that's the disadvantage of being a pad player. Investing into a stick might be necessary for T7 someday (in a few years).

Numb

No problem. Looking forward to playing you again.

Good games. My Lili knowledge is so limited. I should hit practice mode someday.

You should play again every now and then. I gave up on improving, so I try to hold my current level :p

My DS4's digipad is getting way too soft again. I'm trying to hit forward and my character jumps. DS4s aren't really suited for fighting games all along. And my DS3 is going crazy every now and then, so I can't use that for Tekken.
I guess that's the disadvantage of being a pad player. Investing into a stick might be necessary for T7 someday (in a few years).

we seem to have the same ds3 issues
the times i was freezing was cos my ds4 usb wire was coming out since it loves doing that

GrayFoxPL

Highest win rate with her in T6
People don't know what to do against her for some reason

She's confusing, like Bob.

People easier identify and react to more "grounded" animations. "Yo this karate man uppercuts and sweeps, and this other karate man power punches and scissor kicks, yo, and this boxer dude...boxes, yo." Then comes Lili: ''Yo this chick does this somersault, and then she goes like backward and she somersaults backward and then forward and she spins and twirls and does this knee thing and she springs and does shit, yo."

Numb

She's confusing, like Bob.

People easier identify and react to more "grounded" animations. "Yo this karate man uppercuts and sweeps, and this other karate man power punches and scissor kicks, yo, and this boxer dude...boxes, yo." Then comes Lili: ''Yo this chick does this somersault, and then she goes like backward and she somersaults backward and then forward and she spins and twirls and does this knee thing and she springs and does shit, yo."

haha
She did confuse alittle till i practiced
You find out online people love starting the round with 3+4 and doing df 3+4 have a screen away. Gotta watch those.

GrayFoxPL

Fighting Lilis so many years and still not long ago someone did a move and I thought: "Never seen that in my life." lol.

Always scared when people remind themselves of some obscure move no one ever uses.

Sayah

Wouldn't make sense for them from business perspective since they want those arcade coins flowing as long as possible.

EDIT: Wait, you mean pay2play? Wow. I can see the outrage, could be done though..

It would ruin the gameplay because no one would risk experimenting with characters plus ragequit galore.

I just imagined situation when Sasuke asks me to play and say I can't because I don't have any money left this month, hahah.

What would make sense is them releasing VANILLA T7 on consoles while FR was flowing in arcades.

I know, we would be pissed.

But they made a big mistake not giving us even poor beta-demo or at least build up on Revolution that they dropped as soon as some wise guy said: "Hey. We could do T7 from this and cash in big time!"

Yeah, I mean pay 2 play.

Oh god no, just imagine the amount lag switchs and nonsense like that, a dollar the game.

It doesn't have to be ranked matches.

I would.

I would never play a ranked game and there would definitely be an extremely limited amount of games I can play but I could at least discover the game. Sure a lot of people will bitch, but no one is forcing them to invest. At least there is some avenue for the rest of the world to experience the game. And it's still the same amount of money we'd have to spend if D&B/R1 bought arcade machines except all of Europe and North America w/ an Internet connection can access the game with a peripheral of their choosing rather than flying out to a city that purchased one machine that must be played using a Sanwa joystick against people with a massive skill gap.

But there would need to be some way to play offline (like some amount of $$/hour or something like that for tournaments and local sessions). They also need to get rid of the load times when you do a rematch the same way it is for Soul Calibur.

Another thing, this version shouldn't have '7' in the name. It should just be Tekken: Fated Retribution. Save the '7' for the actual console release w/ the story so the casuals don't feel like they're missing out.

Also, PC+console please.
My man!

Console version still seems pretty far away and FR has a new feel so it wouldn't be too late for me.

Highest win rate with her in T6
People don't know what to do against her for some reason

That's when her df3+4 started floating people off the ground.

I would.

I would never play a ranked game and there would definitely be an extremely limited amount of games I can play but I could at least discover the game. Sure a lot of people will bitch, but no one is forcing them to invest.

I mean, Tekken enthusiasts will play the game in whatever shape it come in, God knows how awful the Tekken Revolution's payment module and I actually spent a respectable time playing it, but I don't think the game will be profitable.

If only competitive games followed the DoA5 way of offering a complete version in addition to the free to play one.

My access to T7 is limited to streams and YouTube like a lot of folks, so I figured I'd ask here.

Can Yoshi be low jabbed out of every option after a KIN 1+2 (his double overhead slash) now?

If so, hella disappoint. It was one of his few BT bait setups from previous games.

Was hoping someone with access might know the answer.

GrayFoxPL

My access to T7 is limited to streams and YouTube like a lot of folks, so I figured I'd ask here.

Can Yoshi be low jabbed out of every option after a KIN 1+2 (his double overhead slash) now?

If so, hella disappoint. It was one of his few BT bait setups from previous games.

Was hoping someone with access might know the answer.

I'll be honest from the yt channels I follow I haven't seen much Yoshi lately. But I'll have my eyes open on that setup.

But they actually bothered to make changes in FR so Yoshi might be a different beast in this.

Edit: just saw Knee try it:
https://youtu.be/32YQLUgDc48?t=83

back 4 traded with Hwo's u+4

I'll be honest from the yt channels I follow I haven't seen much Yoshi lately. But I'll have my eyes open on that setup.

But they actually bothered to make changes in FR so Yoshi might be a different beast in this.

Edit: just saw Knee try it:
https://youtu.be/32YQLUgDc48?t=83

back 4 traded with Hwo's u+4
Yeah.

I watched some T7 on greentekken which I assume is still pre-FR? Either way, the Yoshi player got low jabbed every single time after a blocked KIN 1+2.

Not the best source of info I guess. Here's to hoping.

AllenShrz

There is a chance that I might go to Korea next week, if I go I'll visit GreenTekken and show them how to play tekken
-Im going to get rekt

GrayFoxPL

I only have time for a few rounds, but I'm coming.

Ggs!

I see you ranked up rest of your chars, nice!

Btw I whiffed deathfist under juggled dude in tag combos couple times, ending up backturned like an idiot. Happens to me lately.

I'm like: "wtf am I doing hitting deathfist too fast! XD

ylybVPL.jpg

sasuke_91

Ggs!

I see you ranked up rest of your chars, nice!

Btw I whiffed deathfist under juggled dude in tag combos couple times, ending up backturned like an idiot. Happens to me lately.

I'm like: "wtf am I doing hitting deathfist too fast! XD
Ggs!

I ranked up a lot of chars and got my mains demoted :p
I'm really confident in my Leo at the moment. Feels like I accomplish a lot with her lately. And I get 94 damage out of Ling's SS+3 with her now, which is pretty crazy in my opinion.

Those deathfists yo. You lost a lot of health because of them.
I think I hate Paul less now by the way^^

GrayFoxPL

Ggs!

I ranked up a lot of chars and got my mains demoted :p
I'm really confident in my Leo at the moment. Feels like I accomplish a lot with her lately. And I get 94 damage out of Ling's SS+3 with her now, which is pretty crazy in my opinion.

Those deathfists yo. You lost a lot of health because of them.
I think I hate Paul less now by the way^^

I'm trying to be more defensive against Ling but still get hit by ss+3. I beat some strong Lings in ranked today but they weren't as strong as yours.

Paul kills people who are impatient and eager to hit buttons. But if someone is defensive, damn, it's so hard to make a safe approach. Doesn't help when someone realizes deathfist is -17 :p. I got electric launched like child in ranked after a pixel sidestep by opponent's Mishima.

sasuke_91

I'm trying to be more defensive against Ling but still get hit by ss+3. I beat some strong Lings in ranked today but they weren't as strong as yours.

Paul kills people who are impatient and eager to hit buttons. But if someone is defensive, damn, it's so hard to make a safe approach. Doesn't help when someone realizes deathfist is -17 :p. I got electric launched like child in ranked after a pixel sidestep by opponent's Mishima.
That's also the thing. Deathfist doesn't track at all. You have to be right in front of your opponent for it to hit. And if it's blocked you're sent flying. On counterhit though...
People tend to overuse this move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom