• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

I'm curious about a list of most wanted characters for T7. I'm sure they are tracking this shit.

If A.King is like top 5 will they be "forced" to put him in and change his f+2,1 and d+3?

Is Lee higher than Chang?

Do Koreans want Baek back?

Etc.

AAK

9ab19d9e7cd391faa98cb9da8af614a2.jpg

sasuke_91

Would be fun walking chibi Tekken characters around. Though the World Arena thing in Tag2 was a flop, I used it maybe 5 times. Very shitty matchmaking. So yes but only if connection finder works as fast as ranked match.

I used World Arena A LOT in the past. I have way over 1k matches in World Arena. It was cool chatting with people and playing without having to wait for 3 matches like in a lobby. Met a lot of people there as well.

Guys I'm making a biig mistake, but I'm getting hyped because it doesn't say Fated Retribution... and we know the console version drops the subtitle...
Edit: It also says 2016 at the bottom... What the heck man, why am I doing this to myself?!?!

Doomshine

Is the Capcom USA copyright there because of Akuma?

I'm curious about a list of most wanted characters for T7. I'm sure they are tracking this shit.

If A.King is like top 5 will they be "forced" to put him in and change his f+2,1 and d+3?

Etc.

I highly doubt Armor King and Baek are popular characters, unfortunately.

Numb

I used World Arena A LOT in the past. I have way over 1k matches in World Arena. It was cool chatting with people and playing without having to wait for 3 matches like in a lobby. Met a lot of people there as well.

Guys I'm making a biig mistake, but I'm getting hyped because it doesn't say Fated Retribution... and we know the console version drops the subtitle...
Edit: It also says 2016 at the bottom... What the heck man, why am I doing this to myself?!?!
Don't get hyped
Sweet surprise if anything major happens
Not gonna be disappointed if nothing happens which is more likely

Dereck

Of shit I missed this. That looks awesome.

No No No I can't hype myself for nothing again! No!

w6wCyqb.gif
lol, hype...

7IyYUWA.gif

I think we're getting something beefy if not a release window but that's just me being hopeful.
something beefy....lmao

pISXsjx.png

Ngl this is making me hyped..

But I just know I'm setting myself up for disappointment ;____;

It's nice to see realistic renders in Tekken again though, reminds me of the TTT-T4 days.
lol, hyped

JN0CRqI.gif

:O

That looks so awesome. I have a strong feeling about this. It would be awesome to see Tekken on the big stage again.
strong feeling...

0TkPs19.png

getting..

hyped?!

BA7T9Cz.jpg

Nuszka

Aaaaaannnndddd I'm back , waited and been lurking this thread until something gets posted , man pleas be real:) hype train aboard!!!

Sayah

Woah - they went that far in setting up Tekken 7. I am near convinced this is going to be really good. No other reason for them to be going that far with the marketing.

LowParry

Woah - they went that far in setting up Tekken 7. I am near convinced this is going to be really good. No other reason for them to be going that far with the marketing.

Hmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm. Shit. Ya know? Fuck it. I'm in. I'm ready to be disappointed but going in hard.

AAK

Welp I'm convinced. Start the hype train and let me in.

Companies do this all the time, especially Namco:

This was at E3 2015:

dark-souls-iii.jpg

477366748-models-in-front-of-a-fountain-promoting-the-gettyimages.jpg

And there was nothing on Dark Souls 3, no gameplay vids/demo's/developer interviews nothing. All they had was an announcement trailer with CGI at MS's conference. It's just Namco using the space. Don't do this to yourselves people. The arcade version is not out yet, just remember that. Also:

Copyright doesn't translate to a release date, it's just saying the Tekken copyright as of the date on that poster belongs to Namco.

Pachimari

We are gonna get a trailer with the Xbox, PlayStation and Steam logos at the end and it saying "2017". And one or two new characters in the trailer.

Bet on it.

Sayah

Companies do this all the time, especially Namco:

This was at E3 2015:

dark-souls-iii.jpg

477366748-models-in-front-of-a-fountain-promoting-the-gettyimages.jpg

And there was nothing on Dark Souls 3, no gameplay vids/demo's/developer interviews nothing. All they had was an announcement trailer with CGI at MS's conference. It's just Namco using the space. Don't do this to yourselves people. The arcade version is not out yet, just remember that. Also:

Copyright doesn't translate to a release date, it's just saying the Tekken copyright as of the date on that poster belongs to Namco.

Don't be a party pooper AAK.
I'm on the hype express!!!!

Sayah

MakMan didn't even drop the "It's good to be a Tekken fan" line either yet. You all should know better!

I think that's because he got heavily criticized for it the last time he used that line. Anywho, IGN already has Tekken 7 preview scheduled on its E3 calendar so we already know there's going to be gameplay, and it won't just be a CG trailer.

But beyond all of that, what matters most is getting a 2016 release date. Unless it's Anna, I don't care about new characters or new stages at this point. I just want to play this game.

sasuke_91

Thanks AAK for bringing us back to reality. I almost boarded a derailing hype train.

I attempted watching episode 11 of Dragonball Super three times before I managed to actually finish it. Haven't continued since then. I'm pretty disappointed. Beerus arc is boring as hell (haven't watched the movie), they made the proud Vegeta into a joke and the animation is average at most. I also can't get used to Goku's japanese voice. Everybody's fine to me except for Goku (and Gohan/Goten of course) because I'm so used to the German voice actor.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MakMan didn't even drop the "It's good to be a Tekken fan" line either yet. You all should know better!

I'm too busy planning E3 stuff and getting ready for the TEKKEN TALK this coming weekend.

I'm supposed to be taking some of your questions!

I don't cry on the internet/on NeoGAF. I'm here cuz I like TEKKEN :D

Spuck-uk

Banned

Etc.

They gave enough of AKings move to King that theres a near zero chance of him appearing in 7

Baek is dead

cordy

Banned
I'm too busy planning E3 stuff and getting ready for the TEKKEN TALK this coming weekend.

Where can we send our questions MarkMan? I got some I want answered.

Nuszka

I will be hopeful for a day. Then I'm back to my usual scheduled Overwatch, GGR, Destiny, SF5 etc those things will keep me busy till the end of august.

Pachimari

I have a feeling we're gonna see a trailer at Sony's presser with a "coming to consoles in 2017".

Lucky Chloe and Josie were so much fun to play as. Can't wait to play them again.

Lumine

Questions from us to the Tekken team? Well I just got the one: PC version?
And I guess the follow-up: When? :p

GrayFoxPL

I highly doubt Armor King and Baek are popular characters, unfortunately.

Baek yeah, but A.King? I still remember the hype on Zaibatsu when he came out on DR. Plus JDCR's godly Hei+A.King team.

I wanted to ask about low stance characters (Lei, Eddy, Zafina) that maybe aren't in the game because of new T7 system with no off ground refloats, safer get up system and bounds changed from vertical moves hitting downwards(bounding low stances) to horizontal mid-high tailspin moves(that would miss low stances)?

In short: "Are those low stance characters not there because they would be too safe and abusable during low stance in T7 system? This has been drilling my head for ages.

If that question doesn't fly I just wanted to ask:" Is there's a list of most wanted characters players want back for Tekken 7 and if Lee Chaolan, Julia and Armor King are high on that list?"

They gave enough of AKings move to King that theres a near zero chance of him appearing in 7

Baek is dead

They gave him two A.King's moves. Two, lol. Kaz got DJ's b+4, DJ still got into the roster having the same b+4 anyway.

I want Nightmare Cyborg Baek in T7. Dead or not he's gotta be in.

Why are You doing this to me?!?!

gSNx634.png

DEATH™

Baek yeah, but A.King? I still remember the hype on Zaibatsu when he came out on DR. Plus JDCR's godly Hei+A.King team.

I wanted to ask about low stance characters (Lei, Eddy, Zafina) that maybe aren't in the game because of new T7 system with no off ground refloats, safer get up system and bounds changed from vertical moves hitting downwards(bounding low stances) to horizontal mid-high tailspin moves(that would miss low stances)?

In short: "Are those low stance characters not there because they would be too safe and abusable during low stance in T7 system? This has been drilling my head for ages."

If that question doesn't fly I just wanted to ask:" Is there's a list of most wanted characters players want back for Tekken 7 and if Lee Chaolan, Julia and Armor King are high on that list?"

They gave him two A.King's moves. Two, lol. Kaz got DJ's b+4, DJ still got into the roster having the same b+4 anyway.

I want Nightmare Cyborg Baek in T7. Dead or not he's gotta be in.

1. 3 moves, WS3, f21, d3

2. f21 and d3 are 2 of the moves that differentiate King and AK (aside for the obvious DU). To add, King ffn2 being buffed for huge guaranteed damage on CH is an adequate replacement for AK ffn2.

As of right now, aside from DU, you can play King like he was AK on the standing game, with beefier mids and abit lesser low options (that suffice). Not to mention, if AK stays as he is, he's totally outclassed by Jin right now.

In short, AK is currently obsolete moveset wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom