• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Tekken 7 is on at the Microsoft presser.

EARLY 2017 is the release on PS4 and Xbox One.

With cinematic story mode, and some QTE gameplay.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 7 is on at the Microsoft presser.

EARLY 2017 is the release on PS4 and Xbox One.

With cinematic story mode, and some QTE gameplay.

Yeah, that was... huh. The cinematic transitions were kinda cool I guess. We'll have to see the rest.

Sayah

I didn't see or watch anything but reading early 2017 here made me mad. That could easily transition to March. Way too far away and don't think I want to support this model.

At least Cordy can now stop it with his fanatical theories that Tekken 7 had a chance of releasing before October this year, lol.

sasuke_91

Okay I got a question now: Was the demo running on an Xbox One?

Story mode with QTEs sounds bad but not as bad as T6 campaign. Merging normal gameplay, QTEs and story sounds pretty clever though. I like the idea (depending on how they execute it).

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;206760899 said:
1. 3 moves, WS3, f21, d3

2. f21 and d3 are 2 of the moves that differentiate King and AK (aside for the obvious DU). To add, King ffn2 being buffed for huge guaranteed damage on CH is an adequate replacement for AK ffn2.

As of right now, aside from DU, you can play King like he was AK on the standing game, with beefier mids and abit lesser low options (that suffice). Not to mention, if AK stays as he is, he's totally outclassed by Jin right now.

In short, AK is currently obsolete moveset wise.

Obsolete is bit of hyperbole, don't you think?

Last hit of f+2,1 could be changed to a hook that tailspins similar to what they did with Paul's b+1,2.

d+3 could stay because if no one gives a shit that kaz and dj share b+4 which is like 20 times more important then Kings d+3 or ws+3 then why not?

They could do a lot to A.King like make db+1+2 into something useful or add more BT moves.

Maybe it's me but I think there's way more to A.King than f+2,1, d+3 or ws+3. Way more.

Besides he has his style and charm King can't copy and vice versa.

GrayFoxPL

Story mode with QTEs sounds bad but not as bad as T6 campaign. Merging normal gameplay, QTEs and story sounds pretty clever though. I like the idea (depending on how they execute it).

This can't be as bad as T6 Scenario.

If those cinematic scenes are real time then it's mighty impressive. But it could be some CG trick with last scene in real time, dunno.

I hope all characters get this treatment, not only Mishimas.

Neo/Scorpio won't be out 'early 2017' so it has to be on normal PS4. Which is good.

Yeah, I hope.

Pachimari

header.jpg

Tekken 7 is up on Steam!

Doomshine

Early 2017 was probably best case scenario. 2016 was near fantasy at this point.

Glad it's coming out on PC too.

Story mode looks like it's trying to do something similar to the MK story mode.

All in all, I'd say I'm pleased.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 7 earlier than expected. Wonder how long we'll have to wait now to learn of the new (old) console characters.

Yeah, was really hoping for that. Need some more three letter L characters to flesh out the roster. Plus my boy Kuma with dynamically rendered and blast processed flat fur textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom