• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see or watch anything but reading early 2017 here made me mad. That could easily transition to March. Way too far away and don't think I want to support this model.

This was honestly the most realistic scenario though so....why you mad? Now you have more incentive to just chill out and focus on other things other than the occasional news that'll drop on New Characters and such.

Yo but to mix cutscenes, QTE, and then go into the fight would be pretty dope.

GrayFoxPL

Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.

SWsTRHS.gif

This can't be as bad as T6 Scenario.

If those cinematic scenes are real time then it's mighty impressive. But it could be some CG trick with last scene in real time, dunno.

I hope all characters get this treatment, not only Mishimas.

Yeah, I hope.

It seems the majority of the story mode cut scenes are CG with a seamless transition to a quick realtime scene and then gameplay.
if they're doing a substantial (lengthy) story mode that involves each character this is gonna be quite the effort on their part (and costly).
I'm really surprised they didn't go realtime all the way. Obviously the prerendered scenes will look incredible, but this also means customizations either won't show up for these scenes or will be omitted from story mode all together.

Pachimari

I'm very split about buying the PC or PS4 version. I have always played Tekken on PlayStation, and usually buy my fighters on console. But it being on PC is pretty dope as well.

DEATH™

Obsolete is bit of hyperbole, don't you think?

Last hit of f+2,1 could be changed to a hook that tailspins similar to what they did with Paul's b+1,2.

d+3 could stay because if no one gives a shit that kaz and dj share b+4 which is like 20 times more important then Kings d+3 or ws+3 then why not?

They could do a lot to A.King like make db+1+2 into something useful or add more BT moves.

Maybe it's me but I think there's way more to A.King than f+2,1, d+3 or ws+3. Way more.

Besides he has his style and charm King can't copy and vice versa.

No, I'm serious, as he is now, he is obsolete when put directly in T7

Think about this. What is AK's strength? If you think about it, he really doesn't have a shining strength. King has better throws than him, Jin has better versions of his pokes than him, and DU isn't EWGF. But combining some of their strengths themselves makes him really good. I can play him a bit like King, and I can play him a bit like Jin.

But now, look at Jin, he has a proper hopekick now, and his electric launches now! Combine that with his superior but similar pokes and he pretty much do what AK does, but better!

Now look at King, what differentiates King from AK? lows! Although AK has a less amounts of beefy mids compared to King, he has lows. Now King has those lows now, and his arsenal of mids got even better!

This thing goes back again to that powercreep issue mentioned before, and this is one of the consequences of it. Either AK gets phased out, or he comes back with a dumb move that will distinguish him to those 2, but can potentially ruins the character.

------------

Tekken PC? I need to relearn Maya and ZBrush again mwahahahaha

AAK

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm just so happy right now. I can finally get so many people within my community to play this game now that it's on PC.

GrayFoxPL

Fuck I thought Kaz got a new move but that's just last parts of df+3,2,1.

ddWN4FU.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm just so happy right now. I can finally get so many people within my community to play this game now that it's on PC.

No problem mate.

I'm crunching on that crow I hunted down.

Doomshine

They could have that exclusive VR thing at Sony's conference, but I won't be too bothered if it doesn't show up, I got the information I wanted already.

cordy

Banned
Straight up I'm getting it for PS4 and Steam.

PS4 since I've been getting Tekkens there since I started the series with T2, been a hardcore Tekken fan for over 20 years. Steam for the mods, enhanced graphics and extra additions.

I'm so damn happy right now bruhhhssssss!!!

cordy

Banned
Sony needs a capitalize and allow TTT2 to be for PS4 as well via PSN because I wanna play that game but alas, I cannot right now.

GrayFoxPL

Sony needs a capitalize and allow TTT2 to be for PS4 as well via PSN because I wanna play that game but alas, I cannot right now.

Enhanced TTT2 would be the shit.

Looking like this:

Gouy03q.jpg

New mid CH launcher for Heihachi:
https://my.mixtape.moe/oysfkt.webm

New stage:

EWGFs beats fireballs?:
https://my.mixtape.moe/cfetra.webm

You can find the trailer at its highest quality over here in addition to some new high res artwork. (Didn't post them since Gamersyde are in desperate need for clicks, the high quality media they provide comes at a high cost)

Beautiful stuff Have a Nice Day!

cordy

Banned
Enhanced TTT2 would be the shit.

Looking like this:

Gouy03q.jpg

I'm so glad this is coming out wow just imagine all the stuff they'll have added before release? Namco's doing the most right now.

So given Namco's going all in what other additions do you think it'll have?

- Fully functional robust Story Mode
- More characters

Throw us some

- Extra customizations
- Potential flashback mode
- All the extra stuff like Survivor, Team Battle, Theater, stuff like that
- Ghost Mode and of course Arcade Mode

Think that'll be it? Somebody mentioned a side mode like Force/Devil Within/Scenario to Harada on Twitter months back and they said they'd do something so I'm guessing we'll be getting Tekken Force or something. Either way this looks to be the most action packed Tekken ever. If they give us a Flashback Mode and Force Mode all my predictions would be coming true. I predicted this Story Mode thing, same with Flashback costumes so man.

I'm so hyped!!!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It seems the majority of the story mode cut scenes are CG with a seamless transition to a quick realtime scene and then gameplay.
if they're doing a substantial (lengthy) story mode that involves each character this is gonna be quite the effort on their part (and costly).
I'm really surprised they didn't go realtime all the way. Obviously the prerendered scenes will look incredible, but this also means customizations either won't show up for these scenes or will be omitted from story mode all together.

Not a bad thing, and I say that as someone who actually likes (well done) customization.

cordy

Banned
Tbh, customizations being done in Story Mode doesn't make sense to me. It's Story Mode, do real outfits from the story. Save customizations for Arcade and Ghost.

Pachimari

Not too much of a fan of the new stage so far but hard to judge. I want more colorful stages like the Netherlands flowerfield or even Philippines stages in Tag 2, or the white blossom flowers stage in Tekken 5.

cordy

Banned
Good eye!

Love these night time city rooftop stages.

Yep. I also imagine we'll be getting more day/night versions of stages too, just crazy. I get a feeling that this will be the most packed Tekken game in history. I haven't felt this excited for a Tekken since T5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom