• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
Tekken x Street Fighter will end up being a T7 expansion I truly believe. 2-3 years down the line it'll be announced as a full on new Story Mode with 11 SF characters, slightly new mechanics, just something crazy like that which will keep the series going. Doubt it'll be a completely new game.

Numb

Believe n TxSF
I can clearly see that people were not happy with 2017 at all.
Wasnt deluding self bout it coming this year when FR hasn't even hit yet.
Current timeframe is the best we could get but I ain't happy bout it. Just accepted it and be glad it wasn't worse

Eh. I'll take 2017. If it's good.

And by that i mean netcode at least as good as Skullgirls, matchmaking as fast as Pokken, lobbies as good as Blazblue and single player modes and tutorials at least as good as Revelator.

GrayFoxPL

Eh. I'll take 2017. If it's good.

And by that i mean netcode at least as good as Skullgirls, matchmaking as fast as Pokken, lobbies as good as Blazblue and single player modes and tutorials at least as good as Revelator.

And Unicorns.

Just give me legacy controlers support or else I can't play at all.

Sayah

This was honestly the most realistic scenario though so....why you mad? Now you have more incentive to just chill out and focus on other things other than the occasional news that'll drop on New Characters and such.

Yo but to mix cutscenes, QTE, and then go into the fight would be pretty dope.

I guess so. I just don't think I can bring myself to support a Tekken release time frame like Tekken 6 again. Tekken 7 was in a playable state in October 2014 and, after multiple location tests, released in March 2015 in arcades. The idea that we're going to get the game potentially in March 2017 or a month or two earlier is extremely off-putting. It means exactly a 2-year wait. What did worldwide fans get while 5% of a privileged few in a privileged region got to play the game for two years to their heart's content? We didn't get shit except a travelling circus of events that nobody with an actual life has the time of day to attend. I can at least be one of the few happy about the temporary Dave & Busters release but even that was short-lived. If I support Tekken 7, I really don't want to be a part of enabling business practices like this and making future sequels follow the same routine.

But I guess, enough with my negativity. The game looks pretty good at least.

And Unicorns.

I don't think it's too much to ask. These are things other games have already done. It's not even setting a new standard anywhere.

If they say "It will take a while to come out, but it'll be great!" the least we can expect is matching whatever else is out there already. Would you be okay with it if it took forever to come out -and- it'd be shittier than other games out there already? I would hope not.

---
I specifically don't want TTT2 on PS4. I want all effort poured into T7. Give us a T7 beta on PS4 if anything.

Wait. So is the "free" TTT2 coming to 360 or X1?

I thought the article said x1 through backwards compatibility.

If that's the case, might be time to get an x1. But, how does BC work for x1? Is it like PS Now where it streams the game to you? If so, scratch all that.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who plays it thru X1 bc if this is how it works!

CSX

Wait. So is the "free" TTT2 coming to 360 or X1?

I thought the article said x1 through backwards compatibility.

If that's the case, might be time to get an x1. But, how does BC work for x1? Is it like PS Now where it streams the game to you? If so, scratch all that.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who plays it thru X1 bc if this is how it works!

not streamed. Digital copy of backwards compatilible 360 games can be downloaded and run through the x1 harddrive.

The xbox store is glitching out right now so i cant get my free copy yet.

PC release means time for me to find a good ps2 to xb1/pc controller adapter!!!

not streamed. Digital copy of backwards compatilible 360 games can be downloaded and run through the x1 harddrive.

The xbox store is glitching out right now so i cant get my free copy yet.

PC release means time for me to find a good ps2 to xb1/pc controller adapter!!!
Ok. Thanks. Keep us updated if/when you get it. This is a make or break deal for me if I get an X1 now.

Otherwise I'll wait for Gears of war release.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Ck29DQQXEAE0Zb-.jpg

PLAYSTATION--Tekken%202_Jul6%2023_53_52.png

??

Yo that looks like a remake of Building from T4! Please have a remix of Authentic Sky!

I guess at the end of the day, I shouldn't be so sour as the game itself looks abso-effing-lutely brilliant!

Yeah, waiting another 9 months or so is going to be so hard. But at least i imagine they'll ramp up the news dripfeed as we get closer.

(And maybe, maybe a beta? I'm still hoping. If i get to play even a little sooner i'll be pleased.)

Sayah

Yeah, waiting another 9 months or so is going to be so hard. But at least i imagine they'll ramp up the news dripfeed as we get closer.

(And maybe, maybe a beta? I'm still hoping. If i get to play even a little sooner i'll be pleased.)

All problems would be resolved if we got betas, demos, or Xrd Revelator styled early access for pre-orders.

I guess so. I just don't think I can bring myself to support a Tekken release time frame like Tekken 6 again. Tekken 7 was in a playable state in October 2014 and, after multiple location tests, released in March 2015 in arcades. The idea that we're going to get the game potentially in March 2017 or a month or two earlier is extremely off-putting. It means exactly a 2-year wait. What did worldwide fans get while 5% of a privileged few in a privileged region got to play the game for two years to their heart's content? We didn't get shit except a travelling circus of events that nobody with an actual life has the time of day to attend. I can at least be one of the few happy about the temporary Dave & Busters release but even that was short-lived. If I support Tekken 7, I really don't want to be a part of enabling business practices like this and making future sequels follow the same routine.

But I guess, enough with my negativity. The game looks pretty good at least.

I mean while agree there's not much you can do about but hope they don't do the same for T8

CSX

Ok. Thanks. Keep us updated if/when you get it. This is a make or break deal for me if I get an X1 now.

Otherwise I'll wait for Gears of war release.

alright got my free copy and its downloading now. Xbox store is still glitchy but ONLY if you are accessing it through PC browser. Going to the store through the console was no worries.

Time to try out playing tekken on a xb1 dpad lol....

Numb

alright got my free copy and its downloading now. Xbox store is still glitchy but ONLY if you are accessing it through PC browser. Going to the store through the console was no worries.

Time to try out playing tekken on a xb1 dpad lol....

downloaded and tried
Nah son

AllenShrz

Im worried about that PC release.... just thinking on the amount of hackers gives me the shivers, I really hope they iron out that part of the game and don't drop support as quickly as they have done as with their past games.

And that's coming from someone with 980tis SLI.

Dereck

UNREAL ENGINE 4 - Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, Tekken 7 sets a new benchmark for graphical fidelity for the fighting game genre, pushing the new generation of console hardware and PC visuals to the limit.

SEAMLESS STORY EXPERIENCE - Hollywood-like, over-the-top cinematic action sequences blend flawlessly into fierce battles.

THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THE MISHIMA BLOOD SAGA - Tekken 7 represents the final chapter of the 20-year-long Mishima feud. Unveil the epic ending to the emotionally charged family warfare between the members of the Mishima Clan as they struggle to settle old scores and wrestle for control of a global empire, putting the balance of the world in peril.

ROSTER OF OVER 30 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS - Select characters from an impressive roster of fan-favorites and all-new fighters, each with a distinct set of deadly techniques, martial arts moves and combos.

STREET FIGHTER CROSS-OVER CHARACTER - AKUMA - Street Fighter’s Akuma flawlessly transitions into the 3D space and joins the fray in an epic franchise mash-up complete with all his shoto-style moves and fireballs.

ALL NEW BATTLE MECHANICS & MOVES - Classic 1 vs 1 battles return along with new moves and battle mechanics like Rage Arts, Rage Drives and Power Crushes that make gameplay more accessible for players of all skill levels.

GrayFoxPL

ZeroX03

Banned
Cool! Wonder if it's console build, some effects seem to be missing.

Akuma got buffed as fuck. I noticed:

New spin kick

New mid punch

2 new strings

Heihachi got d+1,2 which his hammer punch into new mid punch from the trailer.

Come on give some of this love to Kazuya!

Yeah it was running on console.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here's what the menu said on the live stream

- Story: The Mishima Saga
- Arcade Battle
- VS Battle
- Online Mode
- ???
- Practice
- Customize
- Gallery
- Leaderboards
- ???
- Options

http://imgur.com/JqRdxu7

Looks pretty standard. Wonder what the ???s are though. Hopefully one is a good tutorial. Maybe the other one is a bonus mode, ALA Tekken Ball or Tekken Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom