• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
Looks pretty standard. Wonder what the ???s are though. Hopefully one is a good tutorial. Maybe the other one is a bonus mode.

I'm guessing one's a Force Mode and the other's a VR thing if not a Flashback Mode where you play small stories from the previous games since this is supposed to talk a lot about the past. If not that then maybe Ghost Mode. I get a feeling the tutorial will be in Practice.

Menome

Ain't gwah happen except through PlayStation Now. Not unless Sony magics up some solid PS3 emulation.

JSHIepS.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm guessing one's a Force Mode and the other's a VR thing if not a Flashback Mode where you play small stories from the previous games since this is supposed to talk a lot about the past. If not that then maybe Ghost Mode. I get a feeling the tutorial will be in Practice.

Why would Ghost Mode be a secret? That's been bog standard since Tekken 5.

GrayFoxPL

AAK

Resident Evil 7 is going to be first person......
Jennifer-Lawrence-Disgusted-Face.gif

You know me, I welcome devs trying new things. I can always go back and play RE4 or REmake to experience what those games had. I think there's too many safe sequels out there which don't innovate enough. I want to be surprised and experience something that hasn't been done before.

My favorite game of E3 so far is definitely For Honor.

But man that Days Gone game looks so generic to me.

For someone who's been into fighting games so long he does seem kind of ignorant. Tekken releasing in 2017 because of SFV's reception? What???

Dereck

You know me, I welcome devs trying new things. I can always go back and play RE4 or REmake to experience what those games had. I think there's too many safe sequels out there which don't innovate enough. I want to be surprised and experience something that hasn't been done before.

Yeah the series has changed since the beginning so that makes sense.

AllenShrz

What? I've seen hundreds of T7 matches, where did you see slideshow?

ZeroX03 posted these long ago and you said "old" for some reason.

Is not common, is a bug, sometimes the background disappears completely or there is more smoke effects than usual and the arcade claws to a halt.

Out of the thousands matches Ive played, I've seen it maybe 20 times. So I think the FR video shown with the slowdowns will be fixed when released, that or it will be not a common occurrence.

Sayah

But man that Days Gone game looks so generic to me.

I mostly can't enjoy anything first person. Gonna probably have to skip on this one unfortunately.

AAK

I mostly can't enjoy anything first person. Gonna probably have to skip on this one unfortunately.

That is me with Turn Based or ATB RPG's. Only exceptions are RPG's that don't strip movement away from me like TalesOf or FFXII.

Other than that, GOW reboot really impressed me if that game is gonna be 60fps. Maybe it was running on a Neo.

Sayah

That is me with Turn Based or ATB RPG's. Only exceptions are RPG's that don't strip movement away from me like TalesOf or FFXII.

Other than that, GOW reboot really impressed me if that game is gonna be 60fps. Maybe it was running on a Neo.

Even Pokemon doesn't appeal to you?
Have you ever played Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door?

Sayah

I never owned a Nintendo console...
I've never played Zelda :(

1192b3483abb1fb8_41.gif

You're quite seriously missing out. I always go Sony + Nintendo every gen for a reason. You just can't have the complete gaming experience if you're missing out on one of them.

AllenShrz

You're quite seriously missing out. I always go Sony + Nintendo every gen for a reason. You just can't have the complete gaming experience if you're missing out on one of them.

You are missing out if you dont have a PC and the WiiU is skippable, my least played console ever.

AAK the the DS, you wont regreat it.

Sayah

You are missing out if you dont have a PC and the WiiU is skippable, my least played console ever.

AAK the the DS, you wont regreat it.

I already have a gaming laptop with over 100 steam games. I haven't really played any of them for more than an hour, lol.

Wii U is absolutely not skippable. Splatoon alone is a sensation for a reason. The game is quite literally one of the most addictive games I've ever played. All the other stuff is just the cherry on top (Bayonetta 2, Smash 4, Pokken, Zelda remasters, Pikmin 3, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, etc.).

AllenShrz

I already have a gaming laptop with over 100 steam games. I haven't really played any of them for more than an hour, lol.

Wii U is absolutely not skippable. Splatoon alone is a sensation for a reason. The game is quite literally one of the most addictive games I've ever played. All the other stuff is just the cherry on top (Bayonetta 2, Smash 4, Zelda remasters, Pikmin 3, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, etc.).

Gaming laptop? ho god, no! No that way.

Splatton is ok, but 350 dls ok? nah, (Console + game)

The games I liked the most are Captain Toad, MK8 and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Still, is a skippable console, it literally gathers dust next to my tv. The DS is a much better proposition with more life left.

Sayah

Gaming laptop? ho god, no! No that way.

Splatton is ok, but 350 dls ok? nah, (Console + game)

The games I liked the most are Captain Toad, MK8 and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Still, is a skippable console, it literally gathers dust next to my tv. The DS is a much better proposition with more life left.

I would say the same thing about my PS4. Its been gathering dust for months. I bought Dark Souls 3 day 1 and still couldn't muster up the strength to keep playing, for whatever reason.

My Wii U has gotten the most play time. I've been busy with Pokken, Zelda TP, and Splatoon. I also love the second screen controller. I hope that concept continues with their next console.

Dereck

10 great games over the course of 4 years is lacking.

Wii U is fine but the potential of the console was squandered and it could have been much better.

AllenShrz

I can't play Handhelds, I unhealthily lose focus way too much while I'm on the move so I only play while I'm at my apartment. And if I'm there a console/PC just seems way more convenient & fulfilling.

Maybe if you only play it in your house? It really has terrific games and the best Zeldas, also you can mod it to play in on the big screen.

My Wii U has gotten the most play time. I've been busy with Pokken, Zelda TP, and Splatoon. I also love the second screen controller. I hope that concept continues with their next console.

Oh no, that's one of the reasons why it bombed, that second screen was a mistake. Why do I want to take my eyes from the big beautiful TV screen to watch a desaturated small one?

Sayah

10 great games over the course of 4 years is lacking.

Wii U is fine but the potential of the console was squandered and it could have been much better.

Is 10 just a number you arbitrarily chose? There are way more than 10 great games over the course of 4 years, that's for sure.

Sayah

Oh no, that's one of the reasons why it bombed, that second screen was a mistake. Why do I want to take my eyes from the big beautiful TV screen to watch a desaturated small one?

For the innovative concepts. Having maps and item menus on a second screen is extremely useful. Having gameplay interaction across two screens can be very immersive.

Getting all kinds of mixed replies about Tag 2 on xb1.

Some are even streaming the game on the system and are having Zero Issues Boyz.

So, I dunno. Maybe it's a hardware thing? Newer or older versions of the console are having probs? Doubt it.

Fugg it. I'm off to get an Eck Bock tomorrow I guess.
/blogGaF

GrayFoxPL

Is not common, is a bug, sometimes the background disappears completely or there is more smoke effects than usual and the arcade claws to a halt.

Out of the thousands matches Ive played, I've seen it maybe 20 times. So I think the FR video shown with the slowdowns will be fixed when released, that or it will be not a common occurrence.

Ah, that I believe you. I meant slowdown during regular gameplay action. Arcade handles every effect, I just pointed out that in this early console build excessive flash from db+2 plus ground destruction effect caused frames to drop.

------------------------------
Sony didn't even have Tekken in their usual trailer mix thing. Major disappointment.
------------------------------
Anyone wanna play tag2 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom