• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

I don't know what 'taken from arcades' means.

Namco doesn't go around telling arcades to remove their cabs, right?

But if you mean, "how long will they actively support" i'd guess they'll have new DLC stuff for about a year and they'll sponsor tourneys for 3 years or so.

But totally just guessing.

Guys, you don't get what he's trying to say.

They want to actively support the Arcade version long after release, but the Arcade version's popularity will definitely die down once the console/Steam version releases, so how long is "long after release"?
Of course they won't go around telling people to remove the cabs. They don't have to, because arcade operators will do so themselves once they notice that people don't come to play anymore. At what point will Namco say "Screw it!" and stop supporting them?
How long is the Arcade version going to be profitable enough for Namco to keep supporting it?

GrayFoxPL

It'll be enough when Arcade will always be one step ahead with characters and other updates. People will always want the freshest stuff.

Imagine even just one month ahead with Lee or Armor King.

"You playing dat old ass console build? Pfff, telling you, people doing such a crazy shit with Miguel now ON ARCADES."

Doomshine

Notes from the latest build based on Nobi vs Tokido.

- Dragonov's RD now has an optional follow up.

...that looks like garbage so far, but guess I'll have to wait for more footage.

and maybe I was watching the wrong footage, but I don't remember Akuma doing air hurricanes in the old build.

Dereck

They want to actively support the Arcade version long after release, but the Arcade version's popularity will definitely die down once the console/Steam version releases, so how long is "long after release"?
Of course they won't go around telling people to remove the cabs. They don't have to, because arcade operators will do so themselves once they notice that people don't come to play anymore. At what point will Namco say "Screw it!" and stop supporting them?
How long is the Arcade version going to be profitable enough for Namco to keep supporting it?
Thaaaanks

Rajang

Notes from the latest build based on Nobi vs Tokido.

-Either Backdashing got a huge buff in general or Akuma has a really good backdash.
- Dragonov's running 2 now does less damage on hit
- The amount of life the characters have seems to have greatly increased
- Dragonov's RD now has an optional follow up.
-Akuma can special cancel some jump ins.
-Generic low kick received a damage buff.

MarkMan said that Akuma's movement has been buffed.

ZeroX03

Banned

Arcade culture is very different in the Asian countries. Even after T6/TTT2 launched on consoles there was no decline in popularity in the arcades. Likewise here in Australia/New Zealand we still regularly played in the arcades long after the console versions were released. Competition is better, death matches, ranks, meeting up with friends etc

Popularity only declined once Tekken 7 was released, and now seeing as Tekken 7 will be constantly supported for years to come, expect the phase to last far longer.

Dereck

zLHcHdL.gif

AAK

Still no sign of whether or not they made a proper BT tailspin animation.

The gravity seems a little more normalized off of Akuma's shoryuken. I can't quantifiably prove it but the earlier builds the hit animation looked way floatier.

I hope my boy Yoshimitsu got some new moves. A little underwhelmed by what he got in vanilla.

Aside from maybe Hwoarang every character's new moves in vanilla were extremely underwhelming.

GrayFoxPL

That stream is a gold mine. I just found Bryan got matchbreaker string.

PDiYiwx.gif

Sorry for the quality but my software can't record properly for shit.

That new FC kick and ws+3+4 might got reanimated too!

1hBmqPr.gif

Edit:
U6Wf6o9.gif

GrayFoxPL

Ok this is getting weird.

Kazuya is soaring like an eagle in human form before doing the superhero landing.

3p0pU1u.gif

What The Fuck.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I hope my boy Yoshimitsu got some new moves. A little underwhelmed by what he got in vanilla.
He's my boy too. But I have noticed that a lot of his new stuff is subtle.

Like move recovery being buffed. A LOT of his stance transitions are faster on startup and recovery. Very noticeable to me, IMO.

Also a lot of new transitions that make sense. Basically you can flow amongst IND, DGF, Flea, etc like a boss. It even seems easier to do all of his back turned shenanigans without having to buffer them. Even seen him do BT DGF.

The screw attack system also helped him out. FF4 is no longer a gamble if you will drop the combo cuz you hit a BT or side turned opponent. DF2 from normal stance is a huge buff. And flash from crouch from normal stance is also great.

These just aren't things that stand out unless you're watching close. I'm grateful for all of them, because Namco has had a history of leaving Yoshi on the back burner.

GrayFoxPL

Alisa has 1,2,4 similar to Jin's. I think that's new.

Asuka's df+3 doesn't knock down.

Shaheen has a new spin kick, I think.

Phew, that's all I got from the stream.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Property changes are great, but there's nothing quite like seeing a full on new attack. Part of the reason I liked Yoshimitsu back in Tekken 6 despite being generally weaker. If it's new and useful, all the better.

Property changes are great, but there's nothing quite like seeing a full on new attack. Part of the reason I liked Yoshimitsu back in Tekken 6 despite being generally weaker. If it's new and useful, all the better.
Of course. But I felt that every time they give Yoshi s new move, it's awkward and almost never useful. It's not until an update or new game comes along that they fix it.

Some examples.

F3+4 - this move was fine on block in T5, and it hit hard. But if you used it in a combo, Yoshi got stunned, like hitting the wall. Sure, you could d3+4 cancel that into IND, but the recovery was so bad they were already techrolled to safety and back in your face before you could follow up. The move was improved later to be useful for frame traps.

B21 - this string was great in combos when it first came out, but was only a combo starter on CH and was death on block. I don't even think it transitioned to KIN at first. But, it was improved with the addition of B22 and the transition to KIN later.

I'm sure there are others. But getting a move that's both new and useful right off the bat - I wouldnt get my hopes up.

GrayFoxPL

I'm wondering how many Rage Attacks are there. We've seen Xiaoyu has two.
I hope there are 3 per character. That would be sweet.

GrayFoxPL

Waiting for Kuma to show up in SFV and tie the worlds together there too
Got beef with Blanka after he stole his fish

Bison enters the war torn battlefield.

Looks upon bloodied enraged faces of Guile, Ryu, Chun Li and Nash.

Upon then General Bison reaches to something on top of his head.

Sound of zipper opening. Running from top to bottom of Bison's mighty figure.

Everyone gasping in shock.

Disbelief.

Bison was Kuma in disguise all along.

Numb

Bison enters the war torn battlefield.

Looks upon bloodied enraged faces of Guile, Ryu, Chun Li and Nash.

Upon then General Bison reaches to something on top of his head.

Sound of zipper opening. Running from top to bottom of Bison's mighty figure.

Everyone gasping in shock.

Disbelief.

Bison was Kuma in disguise all along.

Used that potion that turned Hei into Kuma but reverse to hide bearness
Played several hours of t7 at e3 today. Loved it, much more than ttt2. Used about 4 different characters.
Kazumi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom