• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Just got a look at the customizations. It is uuuuggly. It is definitely going to muck up an otherwise beautiful game. Please let me disable customizations online. I don't want to see Heihachi in a pink speedo with pink hair.

If only everyone made customs like Rhazer does and didn't have awful accessorizing taste.

Manbig

Interesting. Maybe in return he's super wide and easier to hit from the side?

He is very wide, but that obviously hasn't held him back. That dude doesn't need to sidestep. He's all about getting incredibly well rewarded for hard reads that are sometimes awkward to punish.

Interesting.

hNF2P2Y.jpg

sasuke_91

Just got a look at the customizations. It is uuuuggly. It is definitely going to muck up an otherwise beautiful game. Please let me disable customizations online. I don't want to see Heihachi in a pink speedo with pink hair.

If only everyone made customs like Rhazer does and didn't have awful accessorizing taste.

I try to keep it simple with costumization. The only character that got her hair changed is Miharu and I actually find her pretty that way.
AAK also has some pretty nice costumes.

And nice avatar!

Ranked is weird.
I hope it is built up from the begining for Tekken 7.

I won't touch ranked the first week or something until everything has settled a bit.
I think 2 or more of the people who cheated their way to True Tekken God are Germans. I have played against them in World Arena a few times and they're on Grand Master level or something.

Numb

I won't touch ranked the first week or something until everything has settled a bit.
I think 2 or more of the people who cheated their way to True Tekken God are Germans. I have played against them in World Arena a few times and they're on Grand Master level or something.

After going back to ranked recently i went and checked the leaderboards. How did people play 9999999 games with 0 losses? It seems like it is way WAAY too easy to cheat in Tekken online.

sasuke_91

After going back to ranked recently i went and checked the leaderboards. How did people play 9999999 games with 0 losses? It seems like it is way WAAY too easy to cheat in Tekken online.

I don't know. I asked one of them once and he just told me that he "hacked his way" to True Tekken God. I didn't really care. Let him have his shiny rank if he needs it in his life.
And then there's people like Princess Ling who is a real Tekken God popping up between the cheaters :D

Someone told me I should back to ranking since I have improved quite a bit. Little did he know that I did nothing but play ranked these last few weeks^^

Numb

I don't know. I asked one of them once and he just told me that he "hacked his way" to True Tekken God. I didn't really care. Let him have his shiny rank if he needs it in his life.
And then there's people like Princess Ling who is a real Tekken God popping up between the cheaters :D

Someone told me I should back to ranking since I have improved quite a bit. Little did he know that I did nothing but play ranked these last few weeks^^
I think they dont care about the rank but about the hacking. If they did they would hack a more believable rank and matches played. If they do however i have no idea why a fake rank would make you happy. There is way more satisfaction earning it to be honest.

I played ranked after you guys said it was ok now and played that day and got to where i am currently but never went back. I am way too used playing player matches and sessions so it is not a habit for me to just randomly go into ranked.

sasuke_91

I think they dont care about the rank but about the hacking. If they did they would hack a more believable rank and matches played. If they do however i have no idea why a fake rank would make you happy. There is way more satisfaction earning it to be honest.

The same can be said about boosting (I have no idea how that works either) or lag switching your way through. You didn't earn that rank nor do you deserve it, so why do you want to have it?
Some people are just stupid, honestly.

I played ranked after you guys said it was ok now and played that day and got to where i am currently but never went back. I am way too used playing player matches and sessions so it is not a habit for me to just randomly go into ranked.

Not everyone likes it. I only play ranked because I want to get used to the pressure. People play differently when there's something on the line. People get so desperate they start to turtle or spam when they're losing. I have to keep my composure when that happens.

Numb

The same can be said about boosting (I have no idea how that works either) or lag switching your way through. You didn't earn that rank nor do you deserve it, so why do you want to have it?
Some people are just stupid, honestly.

Not everyone likes it. I only play ranked because I want to get used to the pressure. People play differently when there's something on the line. People get so desperate they start to turtle or spam when they're losing. I have to keep my composure when that happens.

Maybe they think people will be impressed with how easy it is for them to do what others have to work for. Seems dumb and a waste of time to me though.

Ranked never really mattered to me but the mood was really different from player matches. I felt the pressure aswell but it was not enough for me to continue with it. I am the type to go in Tekken really casually while listening to podcasts and music so player matches are more suited to that. If i wanted to get my rank high i would drop Mokujin but that will never happen.

sasuke_91

Ranked never really mattered to me but the mood was really different from player matches. I felt the pressure aswell but it was not enough for me to continue with it. I am the type to go in Tekken really casually while listening to podcasts and music so player matches are more suited to that. If i wanted to get my rank high i would drop Mokujin but that will never happen.

If you dedicated yourself to it you would rank up really fast. You're an extremely good player. You have very fast reaction times, know how to interrupt many strings and punish some moves many people would be happy enough to have blocked. If you were a little more patient and careful with unsafe moves you'd make it far.

Numb

If you dedicated yourself to it you would rank up really fast. You're an extremely good player. You have very fast reaction times, know how to interrupt many strings and punish some moves many people would be happy enough to have blocked. If you were a little more patient and careful with unsafe moves you'd make it far.

I was just never a competitive player in the first place. Only reason why i am not terrible is that i like Tekken and play it alot. Anytime i improved it was just over time and from playing.
My playstyle is fun to me and tests really unsafe mix ups on opponents believing i would never repeat them like the Bob roll up butt attack. If i play really carefully and safely it feels like i am a robot or something. Even with the by weekly meet ups with 3 other guys i still play Mokujin.

Dereck

I was very close to asking why Kazumi doesn't have a Kazama fighting style, then I remembered that she has nothing to do with that family.

Sayah

I try to keep it simple with costumization. The only character that got her hair changed is Miharu and I actually find her pretty that way.
AAK also has some pretty nice costumes.

And nice avatar!

I don't think anybody in this thread has bad customs. Or at least I haven't come across anyone. But if I had to vote for best customs, I would hands down give it to Rhazer.

And thanks. I like this avatar too.

Numb

DEATH™;152544041 said:
I see a future of people playing TTT2 and T7 at the same time...

Seems like mine. More so than with T6 and Tag 2.
Just need Tag 2 ps4 so i can retire my ps3

AAK

DEATH™;152544041 said:
I see a future of people playing TTT2 and T7 at the same time...

Technically, people are still playing Tekken 6 if you go to the online player matches... it's not such a far-fetched notion.

DEATH™

Technically, people are still playing Tekken 6 if you go to the online player matches... it's not such a far-fetched notion.

I'm thinking more of TTT1-T4 level. It gonna happen in full force once the new flavor taste of T7 wears off.

Sayah

I have really enjoyed Tekken Tag 2 for two years but I don't see fully devoting myself back to it for awhile.

I really want that 1v1 Tekken back.

AAK

DEATH™;152545091 said:
I'm thinking more of TTT1-T4 level. It gonna happen in full force once the new flavor taste of T7 wears off.

TTT1-T4 is completely different. 80% of the scene went back to TTT1 and the rest still stuck to play T4.

Also, T4 was a completely different game.

T7 plays exactly the same to TTT2 solo mode + screw attack/armor. If you know how to play one, chances are you'll be equally competent at the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom