• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenShrz

I hope they add native support for 4k 8k and beyond, HDR, 120hrz and state of the art AA solutions.

I'm currently searching for a new monitor with maximum 5m latency, 4k, HDR, IPS. They are about 2000 dls but I don't mind if it is for tekken. My current TV has that but no HDR

DEATH™

Just came home from Wizard World Sac. Had so much fun over there, talking to gamers, artists and cosplayers. It's just so fun hanging out with other people who have the same passion as I have.

- Yeah, I'm that weird guy smiling on the background on Tekken Stream. Kept doing that since I thought Rajang didn't see me (internet was slow on the venue).

- When's Overwatch Kappa

- Talked with some of the artists down there and gave me huge tips. From what type of paints/inks/tools they used, resources to read and needed motivation (and some contant infos and referrals).

- Went to Markman straight up shouted and asked him where's Armor King while Michael Murray was playing nearby. They showed me that shirt.

- Played the tournament and surprisingly went much farther than I should considering I haven't played Tekken since the Spring Semester started (which is months away). First match was my buddy Kevs who I played alot (boooo seeding lol). Went 1-2. Went to Losers and won against a Alisa/DJ player and Kissarmy who was trying out LC. Eventually lost to another LC player (I forgot his name). Fun matches overall despite the obvious lack of experience playing the game for both sides.

- I tried to draw Kanoe (Hwoarang fanatic lol) while she's playing. Although many artbooks kept saying to keep doing life sketches like these, I can't help feeling like a creep lol. Good thing she liked the drawing :)

- What Markman assured to me was King will still stay fun to play as. I do am concerned about his FR status as bomaye can potentially make him play like Bob if tweaked incorrectly, but Markman said he'll induce weaker damage output overall, which is a sigh of relief. It's kinda weird to ask for nerfs for my mains, but at the same time, I play King because he's awesome and he's fun, and I don't want him to turn into a super duper cheap char that takes away the fun out of his design and moveset.

Anyway, hope tomorrow will be fun!

And when's overwatch?

EDIT can't help but be happy with mah man Kevs who hang with Justin Wong and almost made it out of the pools. Awesome stuff

Village

CkyTXPmWkAAsr-B.jpg

excuse me, would one might know where I could find just this art of kazuya, because I want it really bad

What was answered anyway?

Yes, you can expect new art work.

You can expect Tekken 7 on PC to have all the features standard to good PC ports.

They said movement was nerfed cause it was too good in some ways(not answering either of my questions)

There will be post launch support in one way or another

I hope they add native support for 4k 8k and beyond, HDR, 120hrz and state of the art AA solutions.

I'm currently searching for a new monitor with maximum 5m latency, 4k, HDR, IPS. They are about 2000 dls but I don't mind if it is for tekken. My current TV has that but no HDR

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not trying to parody hardcore hardware geeks lol.

But Unreal Engines have definitely been known to scale extremely well overtime. There's original UE1 engines that scale to different resolutions and framerates overtime since the engines don't really hardlock anything to frame data. It MIGHT be able to do it, but considering this is a fighting game it might not. It'll be interesting to see.

Tekken Talk archive is here for anyone that missed it (6 hour, 21 minutes in)

https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldgaming/v/73157265?t=06h20m59s

Go to 6 hour and 53 minutes in for question time.

img snip

excuse me, would one might know where I could find just this art of kazuya, because I want it really bad

They're up on Bandai Namco's press site, I'll re-upload them here for you:

Heihachi poster - https://abload.de/img/tekken7_msstageenvir3a9kpe.jpg

Kazuya poster - https://abload.de/img/tekken7_msstageenvir37vkef.jpg

--

A bit unfortunate that not all the questions can be answered but thanks for the opportunity anyway Mark. I probably should of asked more important stuff in hindsight haha.

Also minor speculation on my part but I doubt they're going to post Tekken 7 -> FR change logs up online officially. It's a expansion to T7 vanilla and is meant to make people come back into the arcades and keep playing. T7 displayed some change logs only for the online game balance updates to fix up some things that probably shouldn't be there at all like say original ver. of Jack. I'd expect at best, character move-list pdfs and that's it.

When FR drops on July 5th, it's going to be a rush to see who can find out the most about it.

AllenShrz

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not trying to parody hardcore hardware geeks lol.

Im dead serious. I'm a pc gamer and hardware nut by heart. I usually upgrade all the hardware every 2 years to the top of the line at the time of the purchase.

Right now I'm very obsessed with 4k, is glorious but is a bit hard to maintain 60fps even with a couple of 980ti on sli.

I can't think of many unreal 4 games on the pc now... I know that latest batman was poorly ported.

Rheon

Im dead serious. I'm a pc gamer and hardware nut by heart. I usually upgrade all the hardware every 2 years to the top of the line at the time of the purchase.

Right now I'm very obsessed with 4k, is glorious but is a bit hard to maintain 60fps even with a couple of 980ti on sli.

I can't think of many unreal 4 games on the pc now... I know that latest batman was poorly ported.

A COUPLE of 980 TIs? Goddamn, man.

GrayFoxPL

Guy in Tag2 online has hitbox something in the name. Yeah crazy movement. He had trouble blocking low on time, probably because of awkwardness of buttons.

I have a hitbox. As do a few folks here I'm sure. It really isn't all that great for this game (Tekken). Sure, inputs are cleaner... but diagonals from neutral are a bit tricky to do on the fly. Everything has to be planned out in advance. I gave up on trying to master it after awhile.

A good old fashioned stick is all around more reliable.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BTW, I actually played against a hitbox user in TEKKEN, I think the last tournament I played back in 2010 (T6). While their execution/backdashing is on point, it is by no means something that will get them free wins. It's an interesting control scheme though -- especially since it allows for some perceptively harder moves to come out like butter.

Either way, if you use hitbox, pad, or arcade stick, preference reigns supreme. So go practice the stuff that makes you have FUN!

ZeroX03

Banned
Just recorded over 250GB (10-20 minutes lol) of uncompressed direct feed footage of Tekken 7. My goodness it looks glorious with no pixelation.

@ZTS

Going through the thread you posted, have you attempted to see if the stick is causing any interference issues? Perhaps see if the issue persists without the stick wired up?

Also what par124 suggested is good advice. He meant that you should try and daisy chaining the ground of the button that's giving you issues to the ground of the buttons that are working. It's common to have one ground point for 3 buttons on an arcade stick, that's how mine is managed.

Just recorded over 250GB (10-20 minutes lol) of uncompressed direct feed footage of Tekken 7. My goodness it looks glorious with no pixelation.

@ZTS

Going through the thread you posted, have you attempted to see if the stick is causing any interference issues? Perhaps see if the issue persists without the stick wired up?

Also what par124 suggested is good advice. He meant that you should try and daisy chaining the ground of the button that's giving you issues to the ground of the buttons that are working. It's common to have one ground point for 3 buttons on an arcade stick, that's how mine is managed.

Already disconnected the stick & it made no difference. The original wiring with the PS360+ already was daisy chained & it had the same issue. I'm in the process of completely rewiring it again moving the PCB as far away from the buttons as possible and adding a terminal as well. If it makes no difference I'm out of ideas.

sasuke_91

GGs, just a couple things, you almost always sidestepped into the foreground after getting hit. And you rarely ever blocked low. You have to see how much I kept going for you legs whenever I wanted to open you up and adapt to make me stop getting away with it. But good execution though! You are far more consistent with JSFR and Steve's Duck cancels than me.

A bit late but thanks for the advice. I have no idea why I sidestep after getting hit sometimes. I just want to get away as fast as possible, but this will just get me killed.
The problem with the lows... yeah. Lows are my weakness. I can't block lows and I don't really know when to duck. I used to randomly duck some time ago and had to get rid of that habit, but now I don't duck at all and eat lows very often. The thing is, I see most lows and actually think that I react fast enough and block them, but I don't seem to be fast enough. And whenever my opponent abuses low pokes I'm afraid he'll use a launcher the moment I block low... I'm not one of those guys that adapt fast enough and that's why I'll probably never become a decent Tekken player.
My execution won't help either, but thanks for the compliment^^

Tekken Talk archive is here for anyone that missed it (6 hour, 21 minutes in)

https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldgaming/v/73157265?t=06h20m59s

Go to 6 hour and 53 minutes in for question time.

Did you notice the comments every time MarkMan mentioned NeoGAF? People hate us :p

Thanks MarkMan for asking the questions!

Damn that's some extreme damage. Didn't know such a long combo was possible, even on bigs.

This guy knows how to hype something up! Reactions like this are making me really happy as a Tekken player.

By the way, I'll probably start watching T7 matches when FR drops in Arcades. I've been avoiding that game for almost 2 years. That's also the reason I didn't notice most of the new moves and changes you guys were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom