• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that shining arm attack that Claudio gets do? Does it give counter hit properties or does it just add that 2 hit attack that gives the spinning counter hit on the second hit? Also how is Feng da Gawd in 7?

Three Queations for Tekken Talk:

#1) There were a lot of complaints about the restriction in movement in Tekken 7. Tekken 7 FR feels better in this regard. What changes has the team made to movement in the update?

#2) Tekken 7: FR is sure to have lots of character balance adjustments from the original version. Will you be releasing a change log for the characters upon release like you did when the original was being updated?

#3) There has been a lot of controversy revolving around input latency in fighting games. What are Harada's thoughts on this & what is the current input delay for Tekken 7 FR?

sasuke_91

Ggs AAK. Habibi you're crazy. Ducks every high and breaks every throw on a 3 bar connection. Punishing was the only thing I felt like you had a problem with and even then you were punishing consistently, even if it were just jabs.
Now that we know when T7 is dropping on consoles I feel like dedicating some time to this game again. My movement felt inconsistent though and there were a lot of missed inputs today. My defense is a catastrophe even considering the lag and the fact that I haven't eaten all day.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I will take ten questions from NeoGAF. If someone can collect them on behalf of the posters here and send them my way, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: So whoever takes the responsibility to send me the SINGLE list, please do so before we start at 4PM PDT.

Filter out the stupid questions you know he can't answer like asking about modes for the console version, asking about characters & character specific stuff. They will always announce that shit when it's ready so it's a waste of time to ask.

AAK

Quickly searching these are the ones I see, please let me know if I missed somebody:

If the nex guests are Harada & Michael Murray please ask them about the input delay in fighting games. Ask them if they are aware of the large amount of controversy surrounding the 8 frames of delay in Street Fighter V & how it's making it hard to react to things & the game feel sluggish. Ask them what impact input delay has in their opinion on game feel & design, & what the current input delay is in Tekken 7: FR.

1. Part of an enjoyable online experience is good match making. With Tekken 7, you sometimes see that some of the better players every now and then play their lower ranked 'sub characters' to fight lower or newer players. Will there be measures to combat this?

(Kazunoko was a recent example of someone who recently played Tekken 7 but got demolished running into every other good players's sub haha.)

2. Thanks for the steam version of Tekken 7! Will we be getting all the bells and whistles to come with the PC and have it be a good version? Higher resolutions (4k), support for multiple monitors, AA, AF etc.

3. Back in Tekken 4, you were able to move your characters around the stage before the match started. Will you ever consider adding this back in?

4. Since most characters got a new default costume for FR, will we be getting another batch of character artwork panels by jbstyle, Junny, Shunya Yamashita & Tomio Fujisawa?

5. You mentioned before that when Tekken 7 drops on consoles, it's going to be feature complete and have everything from the arcade version. Is there plans to give the console versions post launch support after it drops in early 2017?

That's all for now but I might come back with more later.

oh and of course 'where's Lei' plz.

If I'm going to ask something for the Tekken dev team:

In regards to the matchmaking in the latest Tekken games, the search parameters can be set to search for people that you can have the highest connection quality possible (5 Bars), the matchmaking system will find you a person that meets the search parameters chosen, but once you get inside the game the connection quality start dropping down.

Question 1: What causes this problem? Why the game keeps pairing me with players that don't meet the connection quality previously set?

Question 2: How is Tekken 7 matchmaking system going to handle the problem mentioned in the previous question?

Question 3: Is there going to be an in-game filtering system where a player can manually opt-out harassers, players with bad internet connection, players with higher skill level, rage quitters or any reasonable player-related issue from ever getting matched with players that bring these said issues?

Question 4: Isn't it more accurate for the players to display to them the time data packets transfer between peers - also known as Latency - in milliseconds (ms) rather than showing it in arbitrary signs or numbers like it is now? Shouldn't that also be the way of choosing the connection quality?

Question 5: Is World Arena going to come back in Tekken 7? (World Arena is the region based lobby system that is currently available only in TTT2)

Question 6: Is each version of Tekken 7 (PC/PS4/XBONE) going to support cross-platform play between each other or not? If yes, is the PC version going to have cross-platform play between the two consoles or just one of them? Is the PC version going to be Windows only or is it coming out on Mac and Linux operating systems?

-=-=-=-=- END OF QUESTIONS -=-=-=-=-

Of course, I know the answer for the first question. it's because one or all of the players in the online match have shitty/wifi/4G LTE internet. I just want to know their answer in addition that it will give them a clear idea of how to answer the third question about filtering people with shitty internet. It's my legitimate number reason on why I don't use their shitty matchmaking system and I want them to know that this is a problem that they NEED to fix in some way or another.

My questions to MarkMan to ask during Tekken Talk:

#1) The biggest blemish of Tekken 7 right now is the lack of a proper screw attack animation on a Back Turned launch animation. Any plans to remedy this and add one into the game? It looks incredibly goofy having an animation meant to show someone travelling one direction, yet in reality they're moving in the opposite direction lacking any sense of rigid body motion.

#2) The current customization system recycles so many attires from Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It looks like Tekken 7:FR is continuing to recycle a lot of them as seen from the recent Yamasa x Tekken 7 items. These items are always oversized, feature completely flat textrues, lack any sort of cloth/deformation physics seen in the default outfits, and cause major clipping issues especially on the larger characters like Jack. Why are these customization outfits & accessories originating from TTT2 with such a huge discrepency of quality and assets allowed in this game?

#3) If Namco are still going to feature these wacky customs from TTT2, will you have a feature to disable customizations from appearing when playing online against others?

#4) Fight Lab in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was a monumental failure. The 2 main basics of Tekken were completely ignored which was the wake-up system and movement system. How will you go about teaching these fundamental concepts in Tekken 7?

#5) Western development studios like Lab Zero, Iron Galaxy, and now recently even Netherrealm Studios managed to make really good online netcodes that don't require so much built in input lag. Any plans for Tekken to evolve their system so that Tekken no longer needs to be played with 7-8 frames of built in input lag for the console release?

#6) Thank you so much for having a steam release for Tekken 7. Will you be able to enable PCxPS4 crossplay like in SFV (which also allows you to filter whether you only want to fight vs-consoles or vs-consoles+PC)?

Questions for Tekken Talk:

Will there be a special edition similar to the We Are Tekken edition?

What is your stance on people modding the PC version, will you interfer with it in any way?

Three Queations for Tekken Talk:

#1) There were a lot of complaints about the restriction in movement in Tekken 7. Tekken 7 FR feels better in this regard. What changes has the team made to movement in the update?

#2) Tekken 7: FR is sure to have lots of character balance adjustments from the original version. Will you be releasing a change log for the characters upon release like you did when the original was being updated?

#3) There has been a lot of controversy revolving around input latency in fighting games. What are Harada's thoughts on this & what is the current input delay for Tekken 7 FR?

I guess I can start compiling things.

Ggs AAK. Habibi you're crazy. Ducks every high and breaks every throw on a 3 bar connection. Punishing was the only thing I felt like you had a problem with and even then you were punishing consistently, even if it were just jabs.
Now that we know when T7 is dropping on consoles I feel like dedicating some time to this game again. My movement felt inconsistent though and there were a lot of missed inputs today. My defense is a catastrophe even considering the lag and the fact that I haven't eaten all day.

GGs, just a couple things, you almost always sidestepped into the foreground after getting hit. And you rarely ever blocked low. You have to see how much I kept going for you legs whenever I wanted to open you up and adapt to make me stop getting away with it. But good execution though! You are far more consistent with JSFR and Steve's Duck cancels than me.

GrayFoxPL

Please ask about old usb/legacy controller support for T7 on PS4.

Thing MKX, SFV and SkullGirls support.

This means everything to me.

I obviously like my three questions. I think we should have a question about cross play. I think a question about legacy controllers is fair.

Those 5 are solid.

So we have these topics covered if we do that

1.) Input latency
2.) Movement changes
3.) Change log
4.) Legacy Controllers
5.) Cross play

What else should we ask about?

Sorry AAK but I don't think bitching about reverse tailspin & customizations is worth blowing 3 of our questions on.

I still want to know Harada's thoughts about customization. Whne the characters have neon green bondage belts and fairy wings like on the Korean streams, is that Tekken looking as intended? How does he feel about the freedom to customize your character vs. presenting good-looking consistent visuals of the game?

ZeroX03

Banned

AAK

I tried to prioritize first come first served (by the date of post) and combining different people's questions into a single one where there were similarities. I didn't include these 2 questions:

Because they were a little too specific and It's almost guaranteed going to be a non-answer. If you feel differently let me know.

Question 1: Asked by ZTS and AAK

Topic: Input Lag

Are they are aware of the large amount of controversy surrounding the 8 frames of delay in Street Fighter V & how it's making it hard to react to things & the game feel sluggish. Ask them what impact input delay has in their opinion on game feel & design, & what the current input delay is in Tekken 7: FR.

And if the input delay is because of Online net-code, western development studios like Lab Zero, Iron Galaxy, and now recently even Netherrealm Studios managed to make really good online netcodes that don't require so much built in input lag. Any plans for Tekken to evolve their system so that Tekken no longer needs to be played with 7-8 frames of built in input lag for the console release?​

Question 2: Asked by Flying Wonkey and Have a Nice Day

Topic: Matchmaking in Arcades/Consoles

Part of an enjoyable online experience is good match making. With Tekken 7, you sometimes see that some of the better players every now and then play their lower ranked 'sub characters' to fight lower or newer players. Will there be measures to combat this? Kazunoko was a recent example of someone who recently played Tekken 7 but got demolished running into every other good players's sub haha.)​

Question 3: Asked by Flying Wonkey, AAK, Have a Nice Day, and Doomshine

Topic: PC Version

Thanks for the steam version of Tekken 7! Will we be getting all the bells and whistles to come with the PC and have it be a good version? Higher resolutions (4k), support for multiple monitors, Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Mod Support, and MAC/Linux Support.​

Question 3: Asked by Have a Nice Day

Topic: Online Matchmaking

In regards to the matchmaking in the latest Tekken games, the search parameters can be set to search for people that you can have the highest connection quality possible (5 Bars), the matchmaking system will find you a person that meets the search parameters chosen, but once you get inside the game the connection quality start dropping down. Why does the game keeps pairing me with players that don't meet the connection quality previously set and how will Tekken 7's matchmaking solve this?​

Question 4: Asked by Have a Nice Day

Topic: Online Matchmaking on Consoles

Isn't it more accurate for the players to display to them the time data packets transfer between peers - also known as Latency - in milliseconds (ms) rather than showing it in arbitrary signs or numbers like it is now? Shouldn't that also be the way of choosing the connection quality?​

Question 5: Asked by Have a Nice Day

Topic: Console Matchmaking

Is there going to be an in-game filtering system where a player can manually opt-out harassers, players with bad internet connection, players with higher skill level, rage quitters or any reasonable player-related issue from ever getting matched with players that bring these said issues?​

Question 6: Asked by AAK

Topic: Game Presentation

The biggest blemish of Tekken 7 right now is the lack of a proper screw attack animation on a Back Turned launch animation. Any plans to remedy this and add one into the game? It looks incredibly goofy having an animation meant to show someone travelling one direction, yet in reality they're moving in the opposite direction lacking any sense of rigid body motion.​

Question 7: Asked by AAK and SquirrelSoup

Topic: Game Presentation

The current customization system recycles so many attires from Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It looks like Tekken 7:FR is continuing to recycle a lot of them as seen from the recent Yamasa x Tekken 7 items. These items are always oversized, feature completely flat textrues, lack any sort of cloth/deformation physics seen in the default outfits, and cause major clipping issues especially on the larger characters like Jack. Why are these customization outfits & accessories originating from TTT2 with such a huge discrepency of quality and assets allowed in this game? How do you feel about the freedom to customize your character vs. presenting good-looking consistent visuals of the game?​

Question 8: Asked by Flying Wonkey

Topic: Artwork

Since most characters got a new default costume for FR, will we be getting another batch of character artwork panels by jbstyle, Junny, Shunya Yamashita & Tomio Fujisawa?​

Question 9: Asked by ZTS

Topic: Game Changes

There were a lot of complaints about the Game Balance & restriction in movement in Tekken 7. Tekken 7 FR feels better in this regard. What changes has the team made to movement in the update and will you be releasing a change log for the characters upon release like you did when the original was being updated?​

Question 10: Asked by Flying Wonkey

Topic: Post Launch Support

You mentioned before that when Tekken 7 drops on consoles, it's going to be feature complete and have everything from the arcade version. Is there plans to give the console versions post launch support after it drops in early 2017?​

GrayFoxPL

GGxrd supports legacy controllers?

AAK maybe don't use term "skullgirls driver". I'm not 100% sure different companies use it or their own software. Just ask about old legacy controller support.

AAK

GGxrd supports legacy controllers?

AAK maybe don't use term "skullgirls driver". I'm not 100% sure different companies use it or their own software. Just ask about old legacy controller support.

All of those companies are using the Skullgirls driver. It's in the credits of MKX and SFV. Same with GGXrd. I removed the question because Zero already confirmed it's in.

Questions about online & customizations need to be reworked into one solid question each. Again legacy controller & cross play questions have been answered. No need to ask again.

Please also remember Mark is hella going to paraphrase your question. He will not read it word for word. Keep that in mind.

Doomshine

I tried to prioritize first come first served (by the date of post) and combining different people's questions into a single one where there were similarities. I didn't include these 2 questions:

Because they were a little too specific and It's almost guaranteed going to be a non-answer. If you feel differently let me know.

Well I didn't mean if there was going to be a special edition exactly like WaT, but I put it in there just to to make sure I didn't mean some crazy overproduced bullshit with cloth maps and statues.

AAK

and not sure I see how those two questions are too specific because there are some very specific questions in there.

Sorry, "specific" isn't really the right reason. It was mostly because I couldn't fit that question into some of the other ones that were already asked first considering the 10 question limitation. I'm still open to having it asked, just recommend me something I should take out, there's still time.

Exactly what I thought would happen. My questsion got paraphrased into a single question that wasn't even what I wanted to ask because AAK decided to make it one question for no reason. You guys wasted our opportunity. We got what 3 questions asked out of 10.

Dereck

Dodged all my questions... Oh well....
Harada was like..

dXTWHXK.gif

Shoutouts to Famicom for this joke

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sorry, I presented the questions and asked/answered what we could. Thanks for putting this stuff together, all.

ZeroX03

Banned
Exactly what I thought would happen. My questsion got paraphrased into a single question that wasn't even what I wanted to ask because AAK decided to make it one question for no reason. You guys wasted our opportunity. We got what 3 questions asked out of 10.

No reason to point fingers at everyone else for what happened. No one was stopping you from presenting the questions, AAK took the initiative instead. What happened was unfortunate but did you really expect any different?

No reason to point fingers at everyone else for what happened. No one was stopping you from presenting the questions, AAK took the initiative instead. What happened was unfortunate but did you really expect any different?

Yeah cause that question is a simple yes or no based on what they had been doing per update. Are you releasing change logs like 7.0 or aren't you? Also I was at work, on my phone so YES, there was something stopping me from putting the list together. I tried my best to suggest what kind of questions should be on the list given my situation.

That question is important for me because I might be going to EVO and I'd like to know what they changed about my character. I'm sure everyone would given the 1 week we have to learn about the changes and possibly have to adapt to them on the fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom