• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

By the way, I'll probably start watching T7 matches when FR drops in Arcades. I've been avoiding that game for almost 2 years. That's also the reason I didn't notice most of the new moves and changes you guys were talking about.

You should just start watching now. I think since I know a close release date, I'm really excited about the game again. I mean think of it. We're already have way into the year. :D

The one thing I really hope they figure out is the cross play thing.

ZeroX03

Banned
If anyone would like to see a small sample of what T7 looks like at full 1080p/60fps with no compression, follow the link below. It's a massive file however.

Link

sasuke_91

You should just start watching now. I think since I know a close release date, I'm really excited about the game again. I mean think of it. We're already have way into the year. :D

The one thing I really hope they figure out is the cross play thing.

I want to watch footage of the newest build of FR. But maybe I can still watch a few matches already.
By the way, Can't find the video, but I watched a match some time ago and Kazuya was doing a hellsweep and caught his opponent although he was sidewalking (second hit of the hellsweep). Did they add tracking to that move now? Would be horrible if they did.

Sayah

Tekken Talk archive is here for anyone that missed it (6 hour, 21 minutes in)

https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldgaming/v/73157265?t=06h20m59s

Go to 6 hour and 53 minutes in for question time.

lmao @ the neogaf hate

Did you notice the comments every time MarkMan mentioned NeoGAF? People hate us :p

Thanks MarkMan for asking the questions!

I think it has less to do with us (Tekken-gaf) and more to do with neogaf in general. A lot of people seem to have a strong hate for this forum for whatever reason.

To be honest, I would probably also quit neogaf if I could find a good, active alternative for Tekken discussion.

Murray also said we should be less negative, referencing neogaf directly, but I think our negativity played at least somewhat of a role in the changes we're seeing in FR.

Dereck

People should get on TekkenGAF discord more. It's a more private place to talk about Tekken without the Namcops coming in and pigeon holing the entire thread as being negative based on a few pages of discussion.

Sayah

Such as? I can't think of anything NeoGAF impacted in Tekken.

Change in defaults, to name one. We bitched about the recycled content and 10-year old defaults for months. Same goes for rage art recycling. Now there are new rage arts for Josie, Dragunov, Devil Jin, etc.

To be honest, I would probably also quit neogaf if I could find a good, active alternative for Tekken discussion.

Murray also said we should be less negative, referencing neogaf directly, but I think our negativity played at least somewhat of a role in the changes we're seeing in FR.

While I think Tekken-Gaf did lean on the negative side too hard (which is why i stopped posting here) they were legit ass complaints from SuperFans. And they weren't crazy things either, just shit we were used to seeing from last games and such (usually anyways, looking at you AAK). The negativity for the most part was warranted.

Oh and lemme start up Tekken nation again lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Change in defaults, to name one. We bitched about the recycled content and 10-year old defaults for months. Same goes for rage art recycling. Now there are new rage arts for Josie, Dragunov, Devil Jin, etc.

Those complaints go far beyond NeoGAF. If we contributed anything, it was one small piece to a much bigger criticism.

It's not like GAF is the only one who expressed similar complaints but ok lol gotta have your scapegoat I guess.

At the end of the day the changes were made and that's all that matters.

Dereck

I have full access to a Tekken 7 set so I can record all the footage I want.

Capture device used is the XCapture-1. Recorded raw footage last night to see how the game looks without any pixelation. For standard use, however, I use the Elgato HD60 Pro.
I've always wanted one of these. Looks like another GAF member has reviewed it.

You lucky lucky man.
Wait, are you one of the Australian guys that clubbed together and bought cabinets, or am I mixing up stories?
Thanks for detailing which equipment you use!

Sayah

Those complaints go far beyond NeoGAF. If we contributed anything, it was one small piece to a much bigger criticism.

I already acknowledged that months ago (read here). We are a small piece of the bigger criticism but we are still a piece of it nonetheless. And we played a role, regardless of how big or small it is, in encouraging the developers to make the changes they made. It's not about bragging about how we're great and taking credit for changes in video game design and philosophy. At the end of the day, the Tekken devs are pretty awesome for listening to their fans regardless of how (often) justifiably negative we are.

Do we know yet which song is playing from this moment? I would like to know.

The vocals might be mixed in by someone else (doubtful, though), the rest is definitely Rio Hamamoto. Those strings give him away.
As with most of the tracks Hamamoto does for Namco's trailers they will probably never release the song though, unfortunately.

ZeroX03

Banned
You lucky lucky man.
Wait, are you one of the Australian guys that clubbed together and bought cabinets, or am I mixing up stories?
Thanks for detailing which equipment you use!

Yes that's the machine I have access to.

I already acknowledged that months ago (read here). We are a small piece of the bigger criticism but we are still a piece of it nonetheless. And we played a role, regardless of how big or small it is, in encouraging the developers to make the changes they made. It's not about bragging about how we're great and taking credit for changes in video game design and philosophy. At the end of the day, the Tekken devs are pretty awesome for listening to their fans regardless of how (often) justifiably negative we are.

We gotta stay humble fam.

GrayFoxPL

Of course we are hated because million clowns got permbanned.

We get pointed at because we are part of GAF - one of if not the most recognisable game forum in the world.

I. myself came to GAF from another forum where GAF was despised. I'm glad they pointed me in the right direction with their hate. LoL

Pachimari

What I'm hoping most for is cross play at this point. Because then I'll get the PC version. Should have done the same with SFV.

Also give us that Tekken Ball mode, now that we never got it on PS3 or Xbox 360. It was still fun on Wii U.

I don't get why 30 people talking among each other in a thread has been put up on a pedestal as the only source of criticism towards Tekken.

It's easier to point to than 40.000 people shouting at clouds on twitter?
It's public, unlike the Discord stuff?

Either way i'm happy the Tekken team goes out of their way to talk to the fans. Wish there was something like those wizard world events over here so i could show support in person =/

Playsage

I think they name/take in consideration GAF as an easy way to sum up the game enthusiasts' opinions and criticisms on the game
and divert the attention on the much hated SJW NeoGAF Illuminati lol

So, as our status as a gaming media super power has been stated, what does it take to make you stop character-assassinating your cast, Tekken Team?

I'm half joking

ZeroX03

Banned
My point is that it doesn't make sense.

EDIT: I'll put it this way. I don't think we're that important.

I don't think so either. But I've seen this sentiment on GAF a lot. "What has NeoGAF changed in the gaming industry?"... meh... not as much as you think it has.

Communities like to think they're important. They like to think they contribute. And that breeds unwarranted self importance, an "us versus them" mentality, and vast dismissals of other communities. Reddit and Tumblr get immediately trashed on GAF, despite them being full of a wide variety of people and opinions just like us. GAF is immediately trashed on other websites. It's childish and unnecessary.

Something like the default costumes is an issue discussed in every Tekken community. It's discussed among hundreds if not thousands of people. Every person discussing it contributes a tiny bit. The credit to a specific group is meaningless, I repeat: meaningless, it's not where it's being talked about but how many people are making it heard to the developers and that a positive change is made.

Also negativity and criticism are two different things, a distinction I think both fans (overly harsh) and developers (overly defensive) have trouble making.

NeoGAF still likes to think that #PS4NoDRM had some effect. All it did was set up Sony's little marketing video. They were never planning to have any DRM.

AAK

A bit late but thanks for the advice. I have no idea why I sidestep after getting hit sometimes. I just want to get away as fast as possible, but this will just get me killed.
The problem with the lows... yeah. Lows are my weakness. I can't block lows and I don't really know when to duck. I used to randomly duck some time ago and had to get rid of that habit, but now I don't duck at all and eat lows very often. The thing is, I see most lows and actually think that I react fast enough and block them, but I don't seem to be fast enough. And whenever my opponent abuses low pokes I'm afraid he'll use a launcher the moment I block low... I'm not one of those guys that adapt fast enough and that's why I'll probably never become a decent Tekken player.
My execution won't help either, but thanks for the compliment^^

Don't be too hard on yourself. Being someone who's been playing the series for over 2 decades you're at a level exponentially higher right now than when I started taking the game seriously in the same time frame.

And your execution is definitely a sight to behold. Just keep setting goals for yourself to train your brain on how to punish things and you'll see improvements gradually.

Fascinating how Lil Majin is registered for Guilty Gear & MKX but not Tekken.

AAK

On second though, I may be jumping the gun. Maybe Lil Majin and Shinblade registered late and by that time Tekken already hit its registration quota.

GrayFoxPL

Don't be too hard on yourself. Being someone who's been playing the series for over 2 decades you're at a level exponentially higher right now than when I started taking the game seriously in the same time frame.

And your execution is definitely a sight to behold. Just keep setting goals for yourself to train your brain on how to punish things and you'll see improvements gradually.

Yeah Sasuke grew rapidly. He overcame a technical wall a long time ago, now he's hitting the psychological one.

I only after 20 something years am getting to a point where losing 2 rounds doesn't matter because I have the mindset that can get everything back no matter how close I am to losing. Only now I can plan way ahead of anything that happens on the screen. Also treating lost fights not as a source of regret and frustration but as a source of information. Especially mirrors. You can learn from anyone. It's a good "loot".

Sometimes a lost fight is "worth" more then a won one.

These kind of things take a long time to truly comprehend and must come by themselves, can't be forced in.

sasuke_91

Yeah Sasuke grew rapidly. He overcame a technical wall a long time ago, now he's hitting the psychological one.

I only after 20 something years am getting to a point where losing 2 rounds doesn't matter because I have the mindset that can get everything back no matter how close I am to losing. Only now I can plan way ahead of anything that happens on the screen. Also treating lost fights not as a source of regret and frustration but as a source of information. Especially mirrors. You can learn from anyone. It's a good "loot".

Sometimes a lost fight is "worth" more then a won one.

These kind of things take a long time to truly comprehend and must come by themselves, can't be forced in.

Staying negative with you guys around is basically impossible :p

I don't know why the frustration got so bad lately. I played a few rounds with Ice_Beam some time ago and it seemed like he knew exactly what I would do in every situation to the point where I questioned every move I wanted to make which only made it worse. He destroyed me in a way that I haven't been destroyed in a long time. Granted he's one of the best players in Germany, but I didn't know my playstyle was THAT predictable. At that point I realized what I lacked, but instead of motivating me it kind of made me succumb to that weird frustration.
Someone once told me I should be "more than JFSR" and I think I haven't gotten to that point yet. I want to get to a point where I feel like the moves I use are the right ones in that situation, where my playstyle "makes sense". Sometimes I still stand in front of a lying opponent and instead of proper Okizeme I start throwing out random moves that wouldn't even catch him if he stood up the wrong way. Sometimes I sidestep after getting hit or fall for the same trap 2-3 times. My backdash is so weird sometimes that I forget to hold up my defense and get launched. That's the things I have to work on, but instead I panic and do the same mistakes when I'm in a match.

The best place to learn how to deal with stress is Ranked battles, but that's probably where my bad habits come from. Sometimes I watch replays of matches I lost and don't understand what I was doing. I can't learn from those mistakes because it was too random in that situation to begin with.
I hit a wall half a year ago and I stopped improving since then. It's hard to stay motivated at that point. My execution and combos are pretty good, I can sidestep stuff and my movement isn't bad and I even break throws occasionally. Other than that I have a long way to go, but I'll hang in there. I promise :p

AAK

does anyone remember when some kid beat Harada in TTT2 and Harada yelled out "I hate this game!". lmao. does anyone have a clip?

https://youtu.be/C1x4GKelGDI?t=695

Staying negative with you guys around is basically impossible :p

I don't know why the frustration got so bad lately. I played a few rounds with Ice_Beam some time ago and it seemed like he knew exactly what I would do in every situation to the point where I questioned every move I wanted to make which only made it worse. He destroyed me in a way that I haven't been destroyed in a long time. Granted he's one of the best players in Germany, but I didn't know my playstyle was THAT predictable. At that point I realized what I lacked, but instead of motivating me it kind of made me succumb to that weird frustration.
Someone once told me I should be "more than JFSR" and I think I haven't gotten to that point yet. I want to get to a point where I feel like the moves I use are the right ones in that situation, where my playstyle "makes sense". Sometimes I still stand in front of a lying opponent and instead of proper Okizeme I start throwing out random moves that wouldn't even catch him if he stood up the wrong way. Sometimes I sidestep after getting hit or fall for the same trap 2-3 times. My backdash is so weird sometimes that I forget to hold up my defense and get launched. That's the things I have to work on, but instead I panic and do the same mistakes when I'm in a match.

The best place to learn how to deal with stress is Ranked battles, but that's probably where my bad habits come from. Sometimes I watch replays of matches I lost and don't understand what I was doing. I can't learn from those mistakes because it was too random in that situation to begin with.
I hit a wall half a year ago and I stopped improving since then. It's hard to stay motivated at that point. My execution and combos are pretty good, I can sidestep stuff and my movement isn't bad and I even break throws occasionally. Other than that I have a long way to go, but I'll hang in there. I promise :p

Don't worry about winning matches. Here's speedkick's advice for people that are stuck in that mid-level plateau not struggling to ascend to a higher level status. Try creating goals within your play style that try to accommodate the things SK mentions into your game plan. Even if you lose, as long as you apply those things things will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom