• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

qzedKeY.gif

1XGuRIG.gif
1xwgGKt.gif

osetmdP.gif

AAK

Thanks for sharing! Yes, there is a way to view all of the most recent topics on one page, as well as view each forum/sub-forum individually.

Hey GrayFox, that would be me. I also have a few team members - some of which are members of this very forum.

This is exactly why I started TekkenGamer.com. I appreciate your excitement!

When we launch on July 4, 2016 it will be Phase I. Also, as with most things released to the masses, you discover things that may need adjusting or tweaking. So we expect that as well. Phase II will bring aboard more features, and we'll reveal those soon.

We hope that TekkenGamer.com will be a place where Tekken fans worldwide will be proud of. It's a new day, and great things are ahead. If you have any questions or anything, just let me know.

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum Zee, just wondering, where are you and the team making the website from? Europe, Asia, North America, somewhere else?

This set between Aris and Poongko is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC8AOlI2lH4

That was cool. I wonder if the EX-Dragon Punch is invincible from the first frame? That would be a first in Tekken. Even in Tekken Revolution the invincible moves had startup.

ZEE_THE_CEO

Neo Member
Nice! And are you guys actively developing your own website from the ground up or using a website builder like Wix/Squarespace/Weebly?
Definitely not any of those for a project of this nature. This is being built on a virtual private server, and should it need it one day, a dedicated server. The base is a WordPress theme I am customizing, extending with additional functionality, programming and coding. I've been in web development for almost 20 years. I've been working on this since February, but it has been in the works (planned) since March of last year. The other team members are moderators/content providers.

AAK

Definitely not any of those for a project of this nature. This is being built on a virtual private server, and should it need it one day, a dedicated server. The base is a WordPress theme I am customizing, extending with additional functionality, programming and coding. I've been in web development for almost 20 years. I've been working on this since February, but it has been in the works (planned) since March of last year. The other team members are moderators/content providers.

Thanks for sharing! I definitely want to hit you up with some ideas I had in mind via a PM or something in the future.

cordy

Banned
Shoutout to everyone in here. Since E3, this thread's been more positive than ever. That's all we needed to make it through, now we know what we have to look forward to.

And that reminds me, what additional modes, characters, costumes, stages and extras do you guys expect for the console version? I'm wondering if they'll bring Tekken Force mode back. Last I checked someone asked Harada if the console version will have a new beat em' up game like Scenarion Campaign and he said "well do our best" so I wonder.

That was cool. I wonder if the EX-Dragon Punch is invincible from the first frame? That would be a first in Tekken. Even in Tekken Revolution the invincible moves had startup.

It actually is! Harada got asked this back during the first Japanese location tests on the stream and his co-commentators looked at him all surprised and were like 'what? you seriously made it invincible on the first frame!?'

+2, +5, +5347835478534 frames?

it dooont mattah.

Akuma is gonna SRK his way out.

Tekken 7's chance to really capture people has extended with all this negative SFV talk.

Which is partially a shame because I like SFV a lot. If Tekken 7 can knock it out of the part in multiple areas...idk resurgence maybe?

*If Akuma's Ex-SRK wasn't invincible there would be no point. Bait it out like everyone else.

It actually is! Harada got asked this back during the first Japanese location tests on the stream and his co-commentators looked at him all surprised and were like 'what? you seriously made it invincible on the first frame!?'

+2, +5, +5347835478534 frames?

it dooont mattah.

Akuma is gonna SRK his way out.

The character has no low crushing launchers and no fast standing ch launchers. It's the equivalent of a launch punishable swayback move which I'm completely fine dealing with.

Dereck

Yeah, this dude is really showing his salty bias now. Ugh. It's unbecoming at this point.

Props to Pixel pointing out how to deal with AOP with his video link reply. Sneak dissin'. But in the nicest way possible.
I think the point is that without AOP and these other....tools, no one would use Ling.

Dereck

I don't think people understand how to defend themselves against him yet.

Aris hasn't played against Akuma much at all and Poongko still lost a match or so.

AAK

The character has no low crushing launchers and no fast standing ch launchers. It's the equivalent of a launch punishable swayback move which I'm completely fine dealing with.

Swayback moves had startup before they got into crush frames and they also mostly lost to low moves depending on the hitbox.

And why don't you consider Shoryuken into FADC cancel a low crushing launcher?

EDIT: BTW I don't mean that it should be removed. I'm just saying that this is a different thing than a sway back.

Shoutout to everyone in here. Since E3, this thread's been more positive than ever. That's all we needed to make it through, now we know what we have to look forward to.

And that reminds me, what additional modes, characters, costumes, stages and extras do you guys expect for the console version? I'm wondering if they'll bring Tekken Force mode back. Last I checked someone asked Harada if the console version will have a new beat em' up game like Scenarion Campaign and he said "well do our best" so I wonder.
I still want to see some classic skins. Namely a T2 Yoshimitsu.

But really, all I've wanted from a new Tekken was for it to look new and FR seems to mostly address that. More (serious) alts for all characters would help. For instance, I know Yoshi already has a new outfit, but of an alt?

Pachimari

7xma8xW.gif

Nice Brosie combo. I captured it from this set.

Thanks for this! I played these two characters and they are so fulfilling and fun to play as. Can't wait to practice with my Brosie on PS4 or PC.
Is it me or is Josie's skin color darker here? Can we change skin color?

Hey GrayFox, that would be me. I also have a few team members - some of which are members of this very forum.
Thank you so much for the effort and hard work you and your team put into this website. It's all very interesting. :)

Whoa you can change Josie's skin color to a dark tan? Fuuuuck yes.

Edit: For some reason she looked lighter when I first saw her. Idk lol

This is what I'm talking about, hmm.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thanks for this! I played these two characters and they are so fulfilling and fun to play as. Can't wait to practice with my Brosie on PS4 or PC.
Is it me or is Josie's skin color darker here? Can we change skin color?

That's what I thought. Not sure if it's just the lighting or what but I love it.

Pachimari

As much as I love Bruce (my favorite just second to Marshall Law), I have been begging for a Filipina character for so many years, so I'll always be supportive of Josie Rizal. I'll also play with her tanned I think, even though her default skin color is also representative of the Filipino people.

Dereck

Yeah Josie is cool. Good for Filipino representation. Just hoping for a Raven (who just ends up being a Wesley Snipes clone and not a Blade clone), or Bruce (who ends up being revealed as Josie's sensei).

GrayFoxPL

Yeah Josie is cool. Good for Filipino representation. Just hoping for a Raven (who just ends up being a Wesley Snipes clone and not a Blade clone), or Bruce (who ends up being revealed as Josie's sensei).

Yeah I wanna same thing for Raven or another character that is complete Snipes clone.

This is Bruce in T7.

Btw. It's funny we still don't know shit about new characters stories.

Pachimari

I don't want Raven back, I'm not too fond of him. He have some slick moves. I rather they make an entire new black character, would be pretty dope.

cordy

Banned
I still want to see some classic skins. Namely a T2 Yoshimitsu.

But really, all I've wanted from a new Tekken was for it to look new and FR seems to mostly address that. More (serious) alts for all characters would help. For instance, I know Yoshi already has a new outfit, but of an alt?

Yeah we need those classic skins. If they can't be fully unlockable (say you beat Arcade in different difficulties for characters to get different skins) at least allow them to be customizable. I'd love to play Pauls T2 and Jin's T5 hoody costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom