• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheon

Rank the Tekkens in your opinion. Fun factor, how long you played each one, whatever.

All things considered:
1. T5DR (PSP, I spent countless hours on this game).
2. TTT1
3. T5
4. TTT2
5. T4
6. T6

Didn't really spend a lot of time playing the earlier 3 games so I can't rank them.

Sayah

1. Tekken 6
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
3. Tekken 5/DR
4. Tekken 3
5. Tekken 4
6. Tekken Tag Tournament
7. Tekken 2
8. Tekken 1

Dereck

> "nowadays it's hard to tell who's black and who isn't"
> "we didn't want to be offensive"
> "we don't know enough about black people not to make a stereotypical character"
> eliminates every character who could possibly be considered black from the roster

jolly
good
show
old
chap

Tekken's bizarre transformation into a niche anime fighter continues
Preach

Pachimari

I guess the ones I played the most:

1. Tekken 2
2. Tekken Tag Tournament
3. Tekken 3
4. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
5. Tekken 4
6. Tekken 5
7. Tekken 6
8. Tekken

Tekken Advance somewhere in there as well. But when it comes to favorites it gotta be TTT2 and T4.

AAK

Giant Bomb West put Tekken 7 in its top 10 games of E3. Discussion lasts between the 00:52:00 - 2:03:00 mark

Full List:
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Legend of Zelda: BoTW
3. Sea of Thieves
4. God of War
5. Titanfall 2
6. Death Stranding
7. Dishonored 2
8. Tekken 7
9. Absolver
10. Strafe

AAK

I would have if I knew :p I didn't listen to the full thing... I just kept skipping till I got to the final results.

Dereck

Yeah especially not now with them having to support the launch of FR arcade and then actually working on the console release for real this time.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah especially not now with them having to support the launch of FR arcade and then actually working on the console release for real this time.

There's outsourcing, PSP had great Tekken ports that were outsourced but that was ages ago. Now I don't think anyone would want outsourced Tag2 that could end up like trash.

Rajang

Rank the Tekkens in your opinion. Fun factor, how long you played each one, whatever.

- T2/T3
- T5/DR
- T6
- TTT2
- TTT
- T4
- T1

- Tekken 3
- Tekken 5/DR
- Tekken 2
- Tekken Tag Tournament
- Tekken 6
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Tekken 4
- Tekken 1

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I put Tekken 6 at the top because my Tekken hype was at it's height when that game released, and long loading times or lousy netcode weren't enough to bring it down. I was playing it a few months ago and still enjoyed it a good bit.

Tekken 6
Tekken 5 + DR
Tekken Tag 2
Tekken Tag 1
Tekken 3
Tekken 2

Didn't play enough Tekken 4 or Tekken 1 for solid opinions. I appreciate Tekken 4 for it's ideas, and it's craftsmanship in certain areas (like story).

Dereck

- Tekken 3
- Tekken 5/DR
- Tekken 2
- Tekken Tag Tournament
- Tekken 6
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Tekken 4
- Tekken 1
Bruh, bruh..

Tekken 1 and 4 at the bottom?

nkey0fd.gif

Tekken 3 the best Tekken?

nkey0fd.gif

Tekken 2 above Tekken 6?

nkey0fd.gif

Rajang

Bruh, bruh..

Tekken 1 and 4 at the bottom?

nkey0fd.gif

Tekken 3 the best Tekken?

nkey0fd.gif

Tekken 2 above Tekken 6?

nkey0fd.gif

Hahaha.

I think Tekken 6 is better than Tekken 2, but I played Tekken 2 waaay more. It was the first PS1 game I owned. Tekken 1 was actually the first Tekken I played (before we owned a PS1) but I didnt fell in love with Tekken untill T2.

And yeah, T3 and T5/DR are my favorites.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think Tekken 3 was my first Tekken. Haven't had the chance to play it in ages, since they can't sell it on PSN (thanks Gon). Playing Tekken 2 years later was hard to get into, largely because of the slow ground-recovery times and moon jumping.

I only played Tekken 4 when my brother rented it, and I was really young. Played Tag Tournament 1 under the same conditions, but I bought it later along with Tekken 5. That's when I really got into the series. I actually started learning fighting game fundamentals with 5 DR, and that helped me prep for Tekken 6's juggle emphasis. Now I'm all right at fighting games, and I understand what it takes to get better. Among my close friends, that makes me the nerd who studies the moves. It's a bit lonely, 'cause I have to really hold back when playing with anyone I know locally and even then, most don't want to play fighting games at all, especially not against me. I still get decimated often online though.

ZEE_THE_CEO

Neo Member
Preview look at tekkengamer.com

I think I might migrate over here if it's an active site. Looks modern and not the janky mess like Tekken Zaibatsu. I just hope it has a main forum page that lists all the recently active topics instead of segregating discussion into 50 different sub-forums like TZ does (and like World Tekken Federation did).

Thanks for sharing! Yes, there is a way to view all of the most recent topics on one page, as well as view each forum/sub-forum individually.

Who is behind Tekken Gamer?

Hey GrayFox, that would be me. I also have a few team members - some of which are members of this very forum.

No idea, but I will agree Tekken needs a fresh new place for the gathering of fans. Something modern and less exclusive than our options now.

I was being dramatic. I've been used to people saying it a joking way for so long that when I see it used seriously, I do a double take. It's a minor thing with me at best. Otherwise, I support the site and what they're doing. I'm up for a new, active place to talk Tekken.
This is exactly why I started TekkenGamer.com. I appreciate your excitement!

When we launch on July 4, 2016 it will be Phase I. Also, as with most things released to the masses, you discover things that may need adjusting or tweaking. So we expect that as well. Phase II will bring aboard more features, and we'll reveal those soon.

We hope that TekkenGamer.com will be a place where Tekken fans worldwide will be proud of. It's a new day, and great things are ahead. If you have any questions or anything, just let me know.

Thanks guys!

This is exactly why I started TekkenGamer.com. I appreciate your excitement!

When we launch on July 4, 2016 it will be Phase I. Also, as with most things released to the masses, you discover things that may need adjusting or tweaking. So we expect that as well. Phase II will bring aboard more features, and we'll reveal those soon.

We hope that TekkenGamer.com will be a place where Tekken fans worldwide will be proud of. It's a new day, and great things are ahead. If you have any questions or anything, just let me know.

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the GAF club. Looking forward to the new hangout.

----------
Separate note regarding Tekken TUNES. Anyone got a fitting song for Historic Town Square / Germany? Something from the Tekken(Any game) library of course.

And if anyone suggests Snoop Dogg, I'm gonna KNOCC YOU down. SwiftRage

ZEE_THE_CEO

Neo Member
Welcome to the GAF club. Looking forward to the new hangout.

----------
Separate note regarding Tekken TUNES. Anyone got a fitting song for Historic Town Square / Germany? Something from the Tekken(Any game) library of course.

And if anyone suggests Snoop Dogg, I'm gonna KNOCC YOU down. SwiftRage

Thanks Cosmic!

GrayFoxPL

This is older build but things:

Hei's ws+1 into qcf+2 damage is piss poor.

Asuka's 1+4,2,4 doesn't knock down.

Asuka's reversal has retarded damage.

Wonder if that'll stay.

Also now I'm even more sure that Arcade version looks much better then E3 console build. It just looks insanely sharp and all the effects are way more defined.

Edit:
MarkMan's says new FR Rage Drives have easier inputs. King's is db+1+2 and has 1 hit armor! Craziness!

cordy

Banned
Poogko debating about leaving SF and being a Tekken Akuma player? Man, this is dope.

I think we're seeing a shift, haven't other players said this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom