• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

It shall be a realm where I can avoid customizations and ridiculous LC's thanks to the superior mods :)

Oh you'll encounter many "superior mods" that's a given. ;)

NOiiA8W.jpg

Nuszka

Im just thinking about a lunch party chat on ps4 with some folk from here. When they give a firm release date i will book a view days off work, make my wife to bake a celebration cake, get a bottle of champagne to pop open at the same time i press the play button :)
Getting the digital version but will double dip if i get my hands early on a physical copy.

GrayFoxPL

Im just thinking about a lunch party chat on ps4 with some folk from here. When they give a firm release date i will book a view days off work, make my wife to bake a celebration cake, get a bottle of champagne to pop open at the same time i press the play button :)
Getting the digital version but will double dip if i get my hands early on a physical copy.

Haha, true celebration I like that. :D

Your wife will be like: "Bake your own cake, lol." XD

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Exactly guys, exactly. Paul was even plastered all over T1 Arcade Cabinet. In the 90's people were sure Paul was of the main/most important characters.

Maybe we'll get a miracle and his T7 story will get back on track with his rivalry with Kazuya. I doubt it, but I can hope.

Guys seriously, what Tekken competition will you get on PC. Want to be paper kings in realm where players take their first baby tekken steps?

I'll be double dipping myself. :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I need to get a new stick too actually. Any suggestions? Love MadCatz and will probably get another from them again, but just wanted to see if there were any alternatives out worth checking.

sasuke_91

Yeah, well probably this. It's really not that hard to understand. For a large part of my life, I have seen myself as a world citizen, and couldn't connect to a specific country, but by no means is it hard to relate to nationalism. Maybe it's because I have been in the Philippines, where the people are extreme nationalists, that I understand their point of view.

I'm a moroccan born in Germany and I know quite a few moroccans who were also born here who are very nationalistic and I just don't get it. What is it that they're proud of? That they were born to moroccans? It's way worse when it comes to turks or other nationalities but that's another topic.
You seem to also see quite a few flaws in Josie's character but you decide to overlook them just because she's filipina? That's the thing that I don't get. I'm not going to question it any further if that's your way of thinking though.

Heya buddy!

Yeah the character nationally sometimes as random as stages in Tag2. Lars could be from Belgium, Lili could be British. They're like "whatever". That's why is pretty unbelievable to me they have a such huge problem with making a Black character. Unless they are thinking of making Training Day Denzel, they could just pick any country, any fighting style and just put it on Black dude or girl and there, done. That hard? Lol.

You can see that Leo and Lili are European, Xiaoyu and Hwoarang are Asian, but nationalities can be swapped at random. Making a black character has nothing to do with nationality, but seriously, they did it in the past, so what are they afraid of now?

I'm double dipping.

Will you also be double dipping if the game has cross play?

Pachimari

There's lots of things I like about Josie. She wears the colors of the flag, her crying is also representative of the very dramatic side of Filipinos who often express themselves by crying and she may not do eskrima but she's hard kicking and I love it on a gameplay level. It would have been cool if she talked Taglish but it's not outright weird that she speaks English, as that's the second language in the Phillippines. I don't know what more to tell you, when you on a base level don't get nationalism. I do get it, but I also get those who are not nationalists.

sasuke_91

Do you feel like her way of crying is a realisitc depiction of how Filipinos express themselves by crying? Or have they gone a little overboard with that?

Nuszka

Kinda hoping that with the console release we will get skins like for example in T4 where you could choose eddy as an alternative one from christie.

GrayFoxPL

Man I'd love Yakuza characters in Tekken. Kiryu, Saejima, Tanimura would be awesome and they have that half-realistic, half-over the top fighting styles that would fit Tekken like a glove.

If only Harada would struck a deal with Sega. Could be win-win for both Sega and Namco.....

Yeah right, sooner we'll see Idolmaster moes in Tekken.

Yakuza designers totally acknowledge Tekken because in Y3 final boss is copy of Kazuya minus the lightning. He attacks with wind god fist, ws+4,4, thunder god fist, 1,2,4, hellsweep, 1, spinning backfist etc. Yeah, it's not accidental in any way. Here you can see the boss fight. (You must wait to see all the attacks)

One thing that's been bugging me for years was the Y3 boss some kind of praise for Tekken, because he is the final boss and hardest challenge or was it form of mocking Tekken because Kiryu gotta maul him obviously?

I can't get out of my head question if they like Tekken or hate it.

AAK

Yeah, I have way too many important things going on that weekend.

On a side note, assuming I get the US Visa my brother in law's wedding is on the weekend of August 21st which happens to be close to Chicago. I may be able to check out the Wizard World event there but I'm leaning toward's Famicom's wisdom. It's gonna cost me over $200 in transportation and entrance fees alone to play some Tekken and be in the presence of other random things I have 0 interest in. I really don't have that kind of money on me right now.

People on Twitch reporting that Kazuya's ws1,2 is -11 in FR. I know Twitch chat is full of crap, but I really hope anyone playing FR soon can confirm this for me.

Underlined = In the picture, but not on the website
Bold = On the website, but not in the picture.

February 19-21 --- Portland, OR --- Wizard World
March 18-20 --- Atlanta, GA --- Final Round
April 1-3 --- St. Louis, MO --- Wizard World
April 29-May 1 --- Des Moines, WA --- NorthWest Majors
May 6-8 --- Minneapolis, MN --- Wizard World
May 27-29 --- Chicago, IL --- Combo Breaker
June 2-5 --- Philadelphia, PA --- Wizard World
June 17-19 --- Sacramento, CA --- Wizard World
Jun 24-26 --- Orlando, FL --- CEO
July 29-31 --- Columbus, OH --- Wizard World
August 5-7 --- Orlando, FL --- Wizard World
August 18-21 --- Chicago, IL --- Wizard World
August 19-21 --- Philadelphia, PA --- Summer Jam X
September TBA --- ??? --- To Be Announced
September 9-11 --- Richmond, VA --- Wizard World
September 23-25 --- Austin, TX --- Wizard World
October 14-16 --- Southern California --- SoCal Regionals
October 28-30 --- Toronto, Canada --- Canada Cup
November 4-6 --- Pittsburgh, PA --- Wizard World

I hope they clarify it, because I might be a little mad if I try to go to Wizard World Richmond or Pittsburgh and there is no Tekken 7. I am happy for those that have a money tree in their backyard, but most of us don't.

Playsage

So, I bought T5:DR on PSN (damn, it still looks GOOD!) and unlocked a couple of images from the gallery...
OH MY! How in the world every female character (even those who were dead/missing) is sexualised as fuck EXCEPT for ASUKA? lol
Seems that art was made by the Project Soul artist (and that just explains everything)
I'll admit that Julia's art is off-the-chart hot

So, I bought T5:DR on PSN (damn, it still looks GOOD!) and unlocked a couple of images from the gallery...
OH MY! How in the world every female character (even those who were dead/missing) is sexualised as fuck EXCEPT for ASUKA? lol
Seems that art was made by the Project Soul artist (and that just explains everything)

Yo, I'm terrible at the game but I'm down or a GAF t5:DR online lobby someday

GrayFoxPL

DR has many of my favorite designs. Faces and models look perfect art wise, polygon count is pretty low, probably lower then Tag1 but man, everything looks so good. I think, Jin, Kaz, Asuka, King never looked better before AND after.

Dude I'm waiting 38 years to play someone in DR. Shout when you see me.

PSN: GrayFoxPL

Max commiting crimes playing Tekken 6 scenario

In 2016

He's on TTT2 now with Jin. I tried to tell him to set his default side to 2p / right, but it just gets lost in the chat. Glad he's getting into it though. Gives our little game a needed boost.

Thanks to the BC on XB1 and the free download for a week, and the overall hype for T7, there's been a lot of activity on TTT2 lately. In game and number of streams.

Numb

He's on TTT2 now with Jin. I tried to tell him to set his default side to 2p / right, but it just gets lost in the chat. Glad he's getting into it though. Gives our little game a needed boost.

Thanks to the BC on XB1 and the free download for a week, and the overall hype for T7, there's been a lot of activity on TTT2 lately. In game and number of streams.
FR right around the corner and the confirmed release of it early next year is starting the fires
tried a few times to give some tips on chat but it gets lost so gave up

was ready to get online with the BC version but remembered how garbage the Xbox controller is

Sayah

Does the Dave & Busters in NY have T7? If not, is there any other way for me to get access to it (New York)?

It used to for a few months but no longer does. Apparently, Dave & Busters decided to not buy the cabinets so Namco took their machines back. :/

At least I still got to play it when it was still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom