• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

He's on TTT2 now with Jin. I tried to tell him to set his default side to 2p / right, but it just gets lost in the chat. Glad he's getting into it though. Gives our little game a needed boost.

Thanks to the BC on XB1 and the free download for a week, and the overall hype for T7, there's been a lot of activity on TTT2 lately. In game and number of streams.
Whoops, I thought he was streaming Fated Retribution.

MarkMan said he would let Max stream FR after ComboBreaker, don't know what happened.

Dereck

Shots Fired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjb1XLmhsS4

WS1pX6m.png

.eJwNyVEOgyAMANC7cAC6rg7E2xDEYqKW0O5r2d31_b6f-47DLa6ZdV0A1l2LjNWrychcPYvwUXPf1Rc5IZvl0s56mQKGD-ErEM3zhG9CioApJsLpiadSChiBt-b7xe5_A3qRIQM.sZdfXfcE8MrKSkHMOpttNpIKXF8.png

.eJwFwdERgyAMANBdGICYhhJwGw450KrhIH71unvf-5pnnGY1TbXPFWDbZ5ax2akyUi22itSzpL5Pm-WCpJpyu8qtE9C_CRdPFILDFyExYORI6AKx9xgdMsPRPrbf1fz-eyUhDw.dmawjIyLXoB-MwyTQOJgXPH2GNI.png

AAK

I honestly thought it was weird how Bifuteki was streaming on the official Tekken Twitch channel but uploaded it to his own Youtube.

Maybe that was the deal? Bifuteki comes and provides the equipment/expertise to stream on Namco's official Tekken channel while he keeps any cpm generated via YouTube?

ZeroX03

Banned
Rumored roster list from 2ch/tekkenbbs via Wonkey. Don't take it as confirmed.
2 New fighters, Miguel, Bob, Mokujin, Raven, Lei, Bears, Anna, Julia & Lee
Sounds like pretty logical inclusions to me. Miguel and Bob were the most popular characters yet to be included (that didn't have their moves taken by someone else). Anna, Julia and Lee following up from there. This is all eyeballing Tekken-Net popularity btw. Bears and Lei are mainstay. Raven is the last black man on Earth, apparently. Mokujin was obvious.

Pachimari

I don't think there's any more new characters to be revealed. And at this point I just hope for Lei Wulong, Lee Chaolan, Julia Chang (or JayCee preferably) and Miguel Caballero Rojo.

sasuke_91

I also wouldn't have anything against another SF-character. A brand new character would be cool though without a single recycled move.
And bring Lee back. Bob can stay where he is.

ZeroX03

Banned
Great!
I would never want Bob back in the roster. I also can't believe they use Tekken Net to determine a character's popularity. That's like only inclusive of one region in the world.

I'm the one determining character popularity via Tekken-Net (which we can use to look at Japan, Korea and everywhere else that uses an arcade). However Namco Bandai can track console popularity too, remember Tekken Federation? They have all the character popularity data, and from what I've seen I doubt there's a whole lot of variation between regions. It's not like Roger is suddenly super popular in Europe.

Nuszka

Watching Green Arcades stream. Do their arcades get updated at the same time as Japanese? Like the quality of their stream, no commentators or in your face logos.

I'm the one determining character popularity via Tekken-Net (which we can use to look at Japan, Korea and everywhere else that uses an arcade). However Namco Bandai can track console popularity too, remember Tekken Federation? They have all the character popularity data, and from what I've seen I doubt there's a whole lot of variation between regions. It's not like Roger is suddenly super popular in Europe.

And I cannot use Tekken-net :(

Doomshine

Maybe that was the deal? Bifuteki comes and provides the equipment/expertise to stream on Namco's official Tekken channel while he keeps any cpm generated via YouTube?
Maybe, but it's kind of confusing to have it spread out like that. Top 8 is on the Namco fight channel. I'd rather have it in one place like Capcomfighters.

Dereck

Fated Retribution next week brehs

zzATxrB.gif

Fated Retribution tournaments brehs

ds6KoTa.gif

Potential new characters brehs

kwt8S7q.gif

Potential new costumes brehs

kwt8S7q.gif

Streams brehs

zKbDTK4.gif

Not actually gonna be able to play it though brehs

J6UvnwC.gif

Playsage

I had an epiphany about Tekken 7's designs this morning...

I am now legitimately terrified by the possibility of additional brand new characters and costumes

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just hope the costumes are more Steve or Xiaoyu, and less... Hwoarang.

Jack 7 and Law had better get new outfits.

GrayFoxPL

His Tekken 2 armor is my favorite. And look he didn't look like disproportional freak back then.

abtdhgj.gif

Edit: Btw this stage looks insane. I love huge open space and sea view.

BMwuveB.gif

I had an epiphany about Tekken 7's designs this morning...

I am now legitimately terrified by the possibility of additional brand new characters and costumes

I don't see why, getting more characters of the quality of Kazumi or Shaheen would be great. Sure beats having trash like Bob or bears return, which is what i'm worried about.

Creaking

Jack used to freak me out when he looked less obviously like a robot. Something very uncanny about him, but I really liked that.

jack2-stance2.jpg

It'd probably take a big moveset revamp to make him more proportionate again, what with all the attacks involving extending limbs.

Now Jack is just goofy, like so many other characters.

I don't see why, getting more characters of the quality of Kazumi or Shaheen would be great. Sure beats having trash like Bob or bears return, which is what i'm worried about.

get

tekken_tag_2_lili_vs_kuma_by_themilkguy-d6hliv7.gif

hv005.gif

tumblr_nx7wtoZ1dK1ua9ebao1_400.gif

2165414-t6kumaprologue02.png

Playsage

They are the exception, and there are reasons for them being actually good: One is a Mishima, the other one was handed with extra care (they asked the arab fans for feedback)
Also don't you dare talk shit of Kuma. he's still the best badass joke character ever.

Also JACK(-7) is already redesigned.

Creaking

Also JACK(-7) is already redesigned.

Swapping around a few colors (including making previously dark areas glow) doesn't constitute a redesign. Not to the same extend that every other character (minus Law, who also needs one) has received one.

Jack 5 from 11 years ago
jack5-hqt5.jpg

Jack 7 from Tekken 7
jack7-tekken7-render.jpg

They lightly changed the color of his clothes, turned his mohawk red, made his robo lines glow, and made him whiter.

Meanwhile:

AAK

Sorry Creaking, but Kuma has to be one of the worst animated characters in any AAA video game involving 3D models today. Reanimate him please or get rid of him Namco, please.

SFxT even had better animations on him than Namco's effort.

Edit :

I'd say Kuma animates about as well as Street Fighter V's background NPC's. It's hard for me to tell which looks more bootleg.

Creaking

Sorry Creaking, but Kuma has to be one of the worst animated characters in any AAA video game involving 3D models today. Reanimate him please or get rid of him Namco, please.

I couldn't find any better gifs. His post Tekken 5 animations are nice, but that circus spin probably hasn't changed much at all since Tekken 3.

The Mishimas, King, and others all have some ugly remnants of their legacy animations with twisted spines or awkward grabs, so it's a bit of a double standard.

GrayFoxPL

It'd be hard to find truly ancient Kuma animations in Tag2. It's just he's a bear and his animations look wonky but they probably wouldn't want to lose an arm and a leg trying to motion capture this huge furball XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom