• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuma >>> Shaheen, Katarina, Claudio, Gigas, Josie

So not better than Lucky Chloe then. I agree with that at least. =P

I honestly don't understand how folks want the serious martial arts vibe back but then say they want bears in too.

(Personally i just can't stand trolly joke characters in any game. I know there's lots of fans of those though. )

Edit: KoF14 has a capo now <.<;

AAK

I couldn't find any better gifs. His post Tekken 5 animations are nice, but that circus spin probably hasn't changed much at all since Tekken 3.

The Mishimas, King, and others all have some ugly remnants of their legacy animations with twisted spines or awkward grabs, so it's a bit of a double standard.

I've been clamouring for Namco to reanimate King's stupid Romero Stretch multi-throw for years now but even King/Mishima's legacy animations aren't as bad as Kuma's.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Kuma is classic Tekken. He's been in every game, including X Streetfighter. I just don't see him missing this one. And I actually like him for reasons other than being a joke character. I wasn't too big on him pre Tekken 6, but they made a lot of his attacks feel really hard hitting in that, moreso than most of the cast. Some other changes and additions that let him be a little tricky with his stances also appealed to me. It's fun to take a lower tier, underutilized character like that and surprise people.

I don't think there's any more new characters to be revealed. And at this point I just hope for Lei Wulong, Lee Chaolan, Julia Chang (or JayCee preferably) and Miguel Caballero Rojo.

I also wouldn't have anything against another SF-character. A brand new character would be cool though without a single recycled move.
And bring Lee back. Bob can stay where he is.

You both da real MVP.

:')

So not better than Lucky Chloe then. I agree with that at least. =P

I honestly don't understand how folks want the serious martial arts vibe back but then say they want bears in too.

(Personally i just can't stand trolly joke characters in any game. I know there's lots of fans of those though. )

Edit: KoF14 has a capo now <.<;

The animals were more of a novelty than anything else and it still managed to retain that serious vibe in the story and aesthetics. Tekken 4 is a prime example of this.
They were there to mess around with and have fun while everything else manged to remain unchanged.

Someone asked me if I am double dipping for cross play and yes I am if it happens.
I have friends who don't own current gen consoles but game on PCs so I will probably still double dip.

Lee Chaolan

VbER0zL.gif

This is beautiful. ;______;

GrayFoxPL

Fighting Bears(and bulls) are actually things of legend in Karate so it wasn't a joke-joke character when he was created.

Alex/Roger was. And it was supposed to end on this.

But no, they had to shit up the game with Pandas, Ogres, Bobs, Alisas, Chloes, Gigasses etc.

Even Jack wasn't a freak. On whole his moveset he had like 3-4 robot like moves all the rest were just human like brawling and wrestling. Only much later he had his moves turned freakish and robotic.

Lee needs to be in, he's a really fun character and no one else plays like him.

Lei and Lee please.

Fighting Bears(and bulls) are actually things of legend in Karate so it wasn't a joke-joke character when he was created.

But no, they had to shit up the game with Pandas, Ogres, Bobs, Alisas, Chloes, Gigasses etc.

Even Jack wasn't a freak. On whole his moveset he had like 3-4 robot like moves all the rest were just human like brawling and wrestling. Only much later he had his moves turned freakish and robotic.

Idk, I actually don't mind Jack's transition to what he is now.

Ogre is a special case imo, this sense of dread and how he actively had an effect on the roster made the story in 3 interesting to me.
He also gave us two amazing themes back to back in Tekken 3 and Tag 1

Creaking

Joke or not, kangaroos would wreck most people

tumblr_n0j5p7jIAj1s2yegdo1_r1_400.gif

Yo I'm here for that Tekken audition

5ZuqpGn.gif

Oki is on point

KlutzyFamousCoot.gif

Grapple = death. Goodnight Steve.

D6l8fu1.gif

But then they made it out-and-out silly with it being a mom kangaroo and her joey fighting together.

GrayFoxPL

Lee needs to be in, he's a really fun character and no one else plays like him.

Lei and Lee please.

Idk, I actually don't mind Jack's transition to what he is now.

Ogre is a special case imo, this sense of dread and how he actively had an effect on the roster made the story in 3 interesting to me.
He also gave us two amazing themes back to back in Tekken 3 and Tag 1

Oh yeah, he was made pretty intimidating with the atmospheric music and stage.

And, before Harada retconned it, we know Ogre killed off T2 characters and it was Jun's head he was holding.

Tekken got soften up hard after T3. Bryan can't even wear his snake skin pants anymore.
It's just a game, no snakes were harmed to make Bryan's pants!

Joke or not, kangaroos would wreck most people

tumblr_n0j5p7jIAj1s2yegdo1_r1_400.gif

Yo I'm here for that Tekken audition

5ZuqpGn.gif

Dem animals can't be from Earth originally.

cordy

Banned
I see Anna, Eddy, Raven, Kuma/Panda, Lee, Lei and Julia all being in the game with there being maybe 1 new character. Armor King will probably be a King customization or something. All the others? Doubt they'll be in. Maybe Mokujin but he's the only one. That brings the tally up to 37 including Mokujin so that works out.

Dereck

Yeah they'll put Kuma in Tekken 7 and then finally reveal that for 20 years he was actually Armor King wearing a bear suit.

Numb

I see Anna, Eddy, Raven, Kuma/Panda, Lee, Lei and Julia all being in the game with there being maybe 1 new character. Armor King will probably be a King customization or something. All the others? Doubt they'll be in. Maybe Mokujin but he's the only one. That brings the tally up to 37 including Mokujin so that works out.
Same slot character clones would be cool like before
Wanna see more new characters but at the same time there is so many that should return. Hope this means a long updating life cycle for T7

Doomshine

Was looking that KOF team South America trailer. Bandeiras has Raven's b+4,4 and vampire knee, f+1+2 and some Haze stuff.

Nelson and Zarina have too much to bother comparing, because hey, it's boxing and capoeira.

Nelson's super looks like a mix of Steve's ten count and his T7 rage art.

GrayFoxPL

Was looking that KOF team South America trailer. Bandeiras has Raven's b+4,4 and vampire knee, f+1+2 and some Haze stuff.

Nelson and Zarina have too much to bother comparing, because hey, it's boxing and capoeira.

Nelson's super looks like a mix of Steve's ten count and his T7 rage art.

Yeah someone called them Team Tekken.

Ever since Nelson was first shown I noticed he is Steve like move for move.

Not that I mind, I like it! Hope KofIV gets legacy controller support or no chance to play the game for me.

I know some people like to shit on DOA but I like how they don't care about story relevance and adds in characters anyway. Like Ein even though Hayate's memory loss is no longer a thing.

I'd take Kuni just for her RA potential.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken had the best (tied with VF4 Vanessa) MMA fighter with Marduk minus the whole rape-complex Namco shoved onto him in Tekken 5. RIP.

I meant slick looking MMA girl.

Mila kind of sucked in vanilla DOA5(easy to break, low amount of moves) but she was upgraded considerably in later versions.

cordy

Banned
Same slot character clones would be cool like before
Wanna see more new characters but at the same time there is so many that should return. Hope this means a long updating life cycle for T7

Pretty much. If this is the end of the Mishima Saga then I think we need some more staple characters to show up. I don't care if the rest of the guys aren't new guys given we have 8-9 new characters in T7. That's fine, just give us older ones. I can't see a Tekken game without a Chang, Anna and bear. Just can't. These are staples. Giving us Anna, Eddy, Raven, Kuma/Panda, Lee, Lei and Julia...maybe Mokujin would be perfect.

And frankly speaking the only new characters I love in T7 are Kazumi and Shaheen and that's being blunt.

In my opinion I feel like we will have at least 35 when it's all said and done and that might get extended depending on their plans.

I find it weird that Miguel might not be in 7 and just appeared for one canon title.

Pachimari

There's 7 new characters. I like Kazumi, Josie and Lucky Chloe. The rest are good too. But yeah we need staple characters back. Also I'm fine with Jack-7's color swap because it basically makes him look all new again.

Numb

Pretty much. If this is the end of the Mishima Saga then I think we need some more staple characters to show up. I don't care if the rest of the guys aren't new guys given we have 8-9 new characters in T7. That's fine, just give us older ones. I can't see a Tekken game without a Chang, Anna and bear. Just can't. These are staples. Giving us Anna, Eddy, Raven, Kuma/Panda, Lee, Lei and Julia...maybe Mokujin would be perfect.

And frankly speaking the only new characters I love in T7 are Kazumi and Shaheen and that's being blunt.

I am one of those people that doesn't care about fighting game stories since they been shit since forever. So not having a character due to plot reasons always annoyed me. Even then atleast have them as a secret unlockable or something. Not having an entire character style/archetype due to plot sucks. Atleast we didn't lose muay thai and someone else is repping. If you can't bring back Lei,capos etc give their movelist to new people. Better than nothing

Lack of Mokujin is inexcusable

Creaking

There's 7 new characters. I like Kazumi, Josie and Lucky Chloe. The rest are good too. But yeah we need staple characters back. Also I'm fine with Jack-7's color swap because it basically makes him look all new again.

tumblr_inline_mtnbrsT0mf1sntgov.0.gif

You people are so easily pleased.

Rajang

Jack 7 looks bad with that green glowy shit. I hope they make a new costume for him in FR (probably wont happen).

Kuma >>> Shaheen, Katarina, Claudio, Gigas, Josie

uDv6LJA.gif

BEAR IT!

XD

I dont care that much for the bear, but he is a classic Tekken character thats been in every game.

No Kuma, no Party.

Do any of you guys want Jaycee back?
Jack needs a redesign and some mor&#275; of the classic characters need to come back, kinda sucks at how much effort they put into kunimitsu just for her to get wasted in T7.

AAK

Jack needs a redesign and some mor&#275; of the classic characters need to come back, kinda sucks at how much effort they put into kunimitsu just for her to get wasted in T7.

My wish is that every character from here on out is completely brand new or completely redesigned and re-animated like T4-Jin that all have command grabs of both 1, 2, and 1+2 types. Just a pipe dream...

But yeah, assuming how much I'd want Julia compared to other characters if their animations haven't been updated at all, she is infinitely more presentable to me in the game compared to Kuma.

She wasn't wasted.

She made the cut in Tekken Revolution.

And Yoshi didn't.

54d8733ec2a50.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom