• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Do you have a leaderboards link of all the highest rank players on Tekken net?

And you also have to account how Akuma players have to start ranked from scratch while everyone else carries forward a certain rank onto FR depending on their Vanilla rank.

Dereck

This shit ain't been out for more than a week, itchy trigger finger Akuma players are gonna start gettin' REKT pretty soon.

sasuke_91

Being invincible after first frame still means that he can use it even when he's heavily on minus, but it's better than nothing I guess.

By the way, even with all the stuff that's wrong with LC, that jumping around and those butterflys are pretty nice to look at in my opinion. If her way of talking wasn't so annoying I could totally see myself playing her after costumizing her.
Maybe I'll get used to it?

Gameover.

Not using Law anymore.

Seriously that changes things.

Especially with the way you now get full combos out of low parrys.

when you do an armored move when does the armor become active? I know lows and throws beat it but I swear I got interrupted by mids too, although I could be remembering wrong.

Think I'm gonna go play again tonight :)

AAK

LC would have definitely been a much cooler addition to the roster if the voice/dialogue/aesthetics weren't so extreme.

when you do an armored move when does the armor become active? I know lows and throws beat it but I swear I got interrupted by mids too, although I could be remembering wrong.

Think I'm gonna go play again tonight :)

We won't know what frame the armor properties become activated after startup until we get proper testing done. Right now all we know is that they don't have armor from the first frame of input.

That could be netcode rollback.

Then the EX meter should have been refilled unless that's a bug they never considered.

AAK

^^
Good catch, that was definitely an EX Fireball. Nevermind then... it could be completely invincible after all.

Guys do not buy PS4 sticks if you are a stick player for Tekken 7. I've tested 4 different PS4 sticks and they all randomly will drop double inputs like 1+2. PS3 sticks do not have this issue and since we are getting legacy support I very much suggest you use a PS3 stick till I can confirm a PS4 stick that does not have issues.

Stay away from:

HRAP4
HFC4
PS360+
Madcatz T.E.S.+

I have no idea about other PS4 sticks but I know for a fact these boards will drop inputs and potentially cost you matches.

Gambit61

Guys do not buy PS4 sticks if you are a stick player for Tekken 7. I've tested 4 different PS4 sticks and they all randomly will drop double inputs like 1+2. PS3 sticks do not have this issue and since we are getting legacy support I very much suggest you use a PS3 stick till I can confirm a PS4 stick that does not have issues.

Stay away from:

HRAP4
HFC4
PS360+
Madcatz T.E.S.+

I have no idea about other PS4 sticks but I know for a fact these boards will drop inputs and potentially cost you matches.

Weird, I wonder how the etokki korean stick holds up. Thanks for the heads up

Weird, I wonder how the etokki korean stick holds up. Thanks for the heads up

It goes unnoticed in SFV because the game will kara cancel the missed input into the double input and you'll still get the double input. Essential 1 button ends up activating before the other randomly. It is really odd that this A.) Exists, B.) Has gone unnoticed. I think the fact that MKX is played primarily on DS4 and SFV's system hides the problem is why. I have not had a chance to test the TE2 or the Etokki PS4 stick but I will let you know when I do.

cordy

Banned
For all the bitching about Akuma he is far from dominating the game right now.

Yeah.

The Akuma talk isn't near like Sentinel ins MvC3 when that came out. With Akuma the issue is that people aren't used to him and don't know his deal yet. With Sentinel on the other hand, boy that was ridiculous.

Nuszka

So we had one company adding a 2D fighter in to a 3D one with Akuma, now i wonder how Team Ninja will deal with Mai Shiranui - think they will go totally different way then Namco did.

Pachimari

So we had one company adding a 2D fighter in to a 3D one with Akuma, now i wonder how Team Ninja will deal with Mai Shiranui - think they will go totally different way then Namco did.
Is that the Dynasty character?

[edit] oh shit, King of Fighters crossover!

AAK

DOA doesn't have any jumping at all unlike VFdespite having the exact same control scheme. Holding guard while pressing the vertical directional buttons in 8 way run doesn't move you in the Z-axis in DOA. It will have to be a fundamental shift if they're actually gonna give her the same movelist as KOF but I guess anything is possible after Akuma.

GrayFoxPL

https://www.twitch.tv/shudy_yoshel/v/76831182?t=05h30m23s

Combo reset? For not techrolling? Interesting. I thought there was no more floating grounded opponents. Maybe someone can slow it down and see for sure. Weird.

I can't see the vid right now but I noticed they brought back limited version of refloats. I saw on stream situation where dude went for toe kick and Steve put him in juggle state with f+2,1. Maybe works on early frames. I didn't see refloats on techs tho.

Edit: DOA got Mai? They have the better deal. :p

Our forced marrige with SF is so awkward :p

IE4hKWo.gif

tail spinning twice, oh boy.

The more traditional designs, relatively grounded characters based on a real fighting style(or pop culture), are still good. Katarina and Shaheen are cool. It's the anime that needs to go.

Sayah

True. Well, Miguel, Leo, Zaf are nice and Lili was created in DR.

Lili was on the PSP so I'm gonna still count that as post-PS2 era. Plus, I don't think Lili's a horrible design anywho.

It all started with Tekken 6 console version, which gave us Lars and Alisa. I mean a Bob's a pretty horrible design too but not in the same sense that Lars and Alisa were. Then we got SoulCalibur V which pretty much replaced veteran characters with more horrible and annoying versions of them. And now, Tekken 7, where we have:

Good
Kazumi

Okay
Katarina
Claudio

Bad
Devil Kazumi

Horrible
Josie
Gigas

Offensively Horrible
Lucky Chloe

Sayah

I should also mention, in a way, I also like Chloe. Some love-hate thing going on here.

I'd argue it's because the preferences in Japanese youth are more incongruent with those of Western youth than they were in the past. It's a similar thing in anime.

I can't assume to know or generalize what Japanese youth want vs. what Western youth want. Whatever the reason, Japanese gaming has just gone downhill in general post-PS2 era.

Playsage

Lili was on the PSP so I'm gonna still count that as post-PS2 era. Plus, I don't think Lili's a horrible design anywho.

It all started with Tekken 6 console version, which gave us Lars and Alisa. I mean a Bob's a pretty horrible design too but not in the same sense that Lars and Alisa were. Then we got SoulCalibur V which pretty much replaced veteran characters with more horrible and annoying versions of them. And now, Tekken 7, where we have:

Good
Kazumi

Okay
Katarina
Claudio

Bad
Devil Kazumi

Horrible
Josie
Gigas

Offensively Horrible
Lucky Chloe
Outfits' designs in SCV where a major improvement from the SCIV's ones...

Also that "Okay" tier... No. Just no.
Josie is better than those two, and I hate the "cute anime girl" trope
Also you forgot Shaheen, which is actually good (but I'm not a fan of that thing on his shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom