• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

We all talked about this before. The game still isn't finished and we got twitter updates, breakdown of cellphone videos, investigation on the boss fights, customization options. It can really be a slightly acrimonious experience, Japan always gets all of the good shit first, and we have to sit here and twiddle our thumbs. The Japanese arcade market is straight up poppycock for Westerners.

Manbig

Good games Famicon. Yeah I checked out a bit of the stream afterwards and noticed that my mic was barely picking me up. I have to mess with the settings a lot for the next time.

GrayFoxPL

This just cracked me up.

i1VO4sMJE7PVI.jpg

And pretty sure it's a serious question.

Spuck-uk

Banned
But he's a robot, at least half robot. Not a zombie.

We need that bride!

"Bryan was shot and killed by gunmen during a shootout in Hong Kong, only to be revived by Dr. Abel with the use of cybernetic equipment, effectively making him a zombie cyborg."

He's been a zombiebot since the first game he was in.

Pachimari

I know he have been a cyborg since Tekken 3. But come on, he were revived with technology and that's it. It's not important anyway.

Kazuya is also technically a zombie too being someone who came back from the dead.

Also, something I noticed:

Tekken 7 Credits:

http://youtu.be/TZJKQu_iBpA?t=4m16s

TTT2: Credits:

http://youtu.be/i6ve4px2snk?t=3m16s

A man named Yasuki Nakabayashi got promoted to Lead game design between the two titles. I guess they could be training this guy to future helm the series while Yuichi Yonemori moves on to something else?

EDIT: Man that TTT2 Credits theme:

ipGob46SO2Z8i.gif

You convinced me, the most hype thing about T7 will be the soundtrack.

Chloe has Anna's elbow move.
1424448810614.gif
Anna... :(

On flip side, new main tho.

Degen

Little painful to see a veteran character get this kind of treatment

Man that's just a shame honestly

Anna has been in the series for so long!

Oh wow

Sayah

So by "redesigning" Nina, they pretty much mean giving her half of Anna's moves. Ugh...... I play Anna far better than I play Nina. I can't even do freakin flappin butterfly consistently.

And Anna got that awesome personality and that laugh. I mean how else is Degen going to enjoy his losses now with no one doing booty/boob shake at the end win taunt? Poor guy had something to look forward at the end of every match.
I am being funny mean. Don't take me seriously.

And qcf 1 is one of my favorite moves ever. This is just going to be a terrible day.

Sayah

I can't think of a bigger kick in the nads than seeing your favorite characters moves go towards Lucky Chloe lol
Don't be so surprised if she gets a zafina animation too.

Suddenly I hate lucky Chloe.

"Luuuuuckky Chllloyon"

"R U REDDIE"

~nya nya

1 2 3 4

See you next time!!!!! Baiiiiii.

If she ends up being good, I might just have to main her after customizing out of that atrocious costume.

Pachimari

Lucky Chloe will be my main, but not because of the discovery of Anna's move. I just love her design and light-hearted personally combined with her freestyling.

AAK

I can see someone is feeling my apprehension when I saw LC have Julia's idle stance. Welcome to "LC killed my Tekken" club :(

Little painful to see a veteran character get this kind of treatment

Man that's just a shame honestly

Anna has been in the series for so long!

Oh wow

Oh boy... this man...

AAK

Rip mentioned the possibility of it being low vulnerable, so basically like 5.0. Keep an eye out for someone blocking a low after it.

OH GOD if Namco does that.... I still remember those dark days when Bryan would get a guaranteed Snake Edge as a wall combo ender and if you techrolled you would eat another wall combo.

Manbig

I'm already dead. I eat that move all day when I play against my friend's Lili/Anna online.

When you're at range 1, duck occasionally. Anna doesn't really have any super fast mids that going to catch you at that range unless you're ducking for longer than you should be anyway. Just note that if you do duck that move, use a super fast WS move to punish, because she recovers absurdly fast.

Sayah

Anna's d/f+1,2 is pretty good for catching duckers. And you can do d/f+1,2,3 to follow up into judgment stance (or not) for more mixups.

Edited notations.

Manbig

Anna's d/f+1,2 is pretty good for catching duckers. And you can do d/f+1,2,3 to follow up into judgment stance (or not) for more mixups.

Edited notations.

d/f1 does not reach at range 1. Range 1 = about one character space away.

You're better off sidestepping to Anna's left btw

Yes, but at the range, both options are pretty viable. Ducking will bait out her long range, but unsafe mid options. You just better be on point to block and punish.

Sidestepping is pretty rewarding, but you're still probably not gonna get a launch for getting around QCF1 since, as I said earlier, she recovers super fast.

Gambit61

When you're at range 1, duck occasionally. Anna doesn't really have any super fast mids that going to catch you at that range unless you're ducking for longer than you should be anyway. Just note that if you do duck that move, use a super fast WS move to punish, because she recovers absurdly fast.

I'll try that next time I play. I think its just lag that makes it so good. It's recently beaten my Leo's CD3 (mid) point blank.

AZUMIKE

So Lucky Chloe must have watched the last King of Iron Fist Tournament for inspiration, and then took a liking to Anna and Christie.

Sayah

d/f+3,3,3 was the other fastest mid-option I can think of off the top of my head. And it seems to have a pretty good range but yeah, I do believe it can be easily sidestepped. Damage is actually okay since if the first hit connects, you can't block the following two hits. There's a term for that but my mind is not working right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom