• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degen

Anna, see you next Tag
kWrviMp.png
byyyyye

Well I haven't been playing Marduk for that long so maybe I need re-evaluate it, how do you use it?
You can heavily delay the d+1 input to (riskily) bait the opponent into what's probably Marduk's strongest launcher

haven't had my TTT2 game for a couple of weeks so correct me if I'm wrong

If nothing else, it'll give King an extra gimmick to work with, and maaan do I love gimmicks

GrayFoxPL

Do Bruce have any moves he can delay? I like to do the whole pretending game and know Forest have a lot of those tools.

Memory's little fuzzy but:

ws+2,1

b+1,2,1

df+1,1

1,2,d+4,3

2,d+4,3

Maybe db+2,1,4

extensions After Muay Thai Stance I think.

Probably a lot more.

also fake outs like df+1,4~4 and b+4,3,d+4~4

Manbig

Well I haven't been playing Marduk for that long so maybe I need re-evaluate it, how do you use it?

You have to consider the other options.

- The second hit of f2, 1 is safe on block, tracks to Marduk's left, starts juggles on normal hit, has a lot of range, and is heavily delayable.

- The second hit of f2, d1, 2 is also heavily delayable, and when the second hit connects on normal or CH , the third hit will launch for a lot of damage.

- The first hit tracks heavily to Marduk's right, has a ton of range, and starts juggles on counter hit.

- If you whiff f2 just out of range, people that know the match up will hesitate on their whiff punish due to the built in follow ups. If you think they don't know the match up and whiff f2 just out of range, throw out one of the built in follow ups without delay to keep them on their toes.

- This probably goes without saying, but anyone greedy enough to duck when they think f2, 1 is coming is prime candidate to get launched by the mid.

If it was just f2, d1, 2 by itself, then yeah, it would be pretty useless, but having f2, 1 as an option along with being able to heavily delay the second hit of both means that you can definitely find a use for this string versus quite a few players.

What Degen's really thinking about

That gif is hilarious.

Do Bruce have any moves he can delay? I like to do the whole pretending game and know Forest have a lot of those tools.

Bruce has lots of delayable stuff. You'll get the most mileage off 3,3 and b+1,2,1 especially if you set them up with good spacing or positive frames. d/b+2,1,4 is one of the most delayable strings in the game, but be super careful about using it. It's launch punishable on the second AND third hit on block and doesn't offer much reward except as a wall splat (it's main purpose is a wall ender).

Pachimari

I'm gonna complete the Combot mode (I admit I haven't even gone through it all these years) and get familiar with Bruce tomorrow. And if I'm home alone, I'm gonna spend time practicing some key moves. Like a launcher, a juggle and probably some delayable stuff.

But I would also need online partners to practice with. I know me and boutdown had a good connection. I'm based in Europe.

sasuke_91

Damn you GrayFox. I thought I'd play some ranking since you wouldn't be able to come. I never hated human beings so much in my life. Had to play something else in order to calm down >_<

But I would also need online partners to practice with. I know me and boutdown had a good connection. I'm based in Europe.
That's probably the third time I offer you my help :p
UchihaSasuke_91

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm gonna complete the Combot mode (I admit I haven't even gone through it all these years) and get familiar with Bruce tomorrow. And if I'm home alone, I'm gonna spend time practicing some key moves. Like a launcher, a juggle and probably some delayable stuff.

Spuck-uk on PSN, I need the practice.

Manbig

Thanks! Yeah I just realized that I barely use f+2 at all outside of combos, I'm going to try incorporating it some more into my game.

I forgot to mention that f2 by itself is also a long range block punisher for certain pushback moves, and gives a huge amount of + frames on normal hit AKA no sidestepping for the opponent.

sasuke_91

Sorry GrayFoxPL, that wasn't me. I'm sitting in the library and suddenly I get a notification from the PSN App. My nephews were playing and normally they're not allowed to play Tekken when I'm not around. I think they even played Online, because I got a message from a random person containing nothing but "?!"...

GrayFoxPL

Sorry GrayFoxPL, that wasn't me. I'm sitting in the library and suddenly I get a notification from the PSN App. My nephews were playing and normally they're not allowed to play Tekken when I'm not around. I think they even played Online, because I got a message from a random person containing nothing but "?!"...

Yeah I suspected. I wish my nephew played Tekken, every saturday I gotta play Minecraft with him.

Lost almost everything in ranked today. All those demotions lol.

Manbig

That wasn't a combo, The red health reset throughout the combo, This is a combo:

http://gfycat.com/DevotedDependentHapuka

Notice how the red health doesn't reset.

This is actually an addition that I feel has gone unappreciated. Virtua Fighter had it and it helped determine if your combo was legit, or mistimed. It allows you to make a quick decision on the fly just in case you drop a juggle but recover quick enough to save yourself from a wake up launcher.

AAK

Yeah, That Kodee Mishima play was amazing. At the end that punch parry read with Heihachi wowed me.

Even dumber. Expect hours of combo videos only on this stage.

This is awesome though.

giphy.gif

I was so sad after I watched that video... The music sounded so nice but then the singing started and I puked. The vocals in that stage are as bad as dubstep.

Pachimari

Yeah, That Kodee Mishima play was amazing. At the end that punch parry read with Heihachi wowed me.

I was so sad after I watched that video... The music sounded so nice but then the singing started and I puked. The vocals in that stage are as bad as dubstep.
There are vocals in the stage music now? Anywhere I can see this on YouTube?

sasuke_91

Yeah I suspected. I wish my nephew played Tekken, every saturday I gotta play Minecraft with him.

Lost almost everything in ranked today. All those demotions lol.

Weell, my nephews just like to press buttons, so it's not really that enjoyable :p

This is actually an addition that I feel has gone unappreciated. Virtua Fighter had it and it helped determine if your combo was legit, or mistimed. It allows you to make a quick decision on the fly just in case you drop a juggle but recover quick enough to save yourself from a wake up launcher.
I also like that addition. In Tag you have to watch the replay if you're not sure if your juggle was legit. Now you see it while you fight. It's also really cool to see how much life you've taken from your opponent^^

Good games Doomshine. I pretend to be Speedkicks sometimes and choose that Jin/Hwo team. Halfway through the match I forget I have Jin as my partner and fuck up juggles of course :D
Your King/Marduk team brought back those win streaks. You don't use Marduk's throw launcher very often though. I wouldn't have expected it and it's a great panic move. I'm not someone who should tell people about throwing though :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Glad we have Tekken Tunes now. Tag Tournament 2 was the best game to introduced it in, at least for me. I think there were maybe 3 stages that I left with the default music.

GrayFoxPL

I barely could hear it but I like it. The music before that sounded bad.

GrayFoxPL

I'm watching the archive of Winter Brawl because I obviously missed everything, and right now MarkMan just said Bryan in Tekken 7 gets combo of ff+4 ch so it's like he has counter hit electric now. Nice!

Been grinding for FR. I feel like I play a lot more patiently now which has done WONDERS for me. Its helping with the whiffing problem and I feel like I can hold my own against anyone scrub to people who used to beat me on the reg. I still have my issues where when I go on the offense I go in too hard but that's getting tempered.

CSX

I'm watching the archive of Winter Brawl because I obviously missed everything, and right now MarkMan just said Bryan in Tekken 7 gets combo of ff+4 ch so it's like he has counter hit electric now. Nice!
Yea characters now have new counter hit launchers. Bryan's qcb3 also CH launcher.

Unless the mechanic is changed, nothing is guaranteed after that sort of stun since you can tech it.

That's why I italicized may. His f3 puts him at -11 on block compared to where Angel's df4 puts her (-9), and she can get an electric out of it if the sad sods didn't tech it.

CSX

Watched a more of that nico stream wonkey ripped to youtube. Got to the part where this Kazuya kept revenge matching against a Chloe player cuz he couldnt handle the shame lol

Also noticed that Chloe has another one of Anna's moves, that low sweep punch she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom