• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

d/f+3,3,3 was the other fastest mid-option I can think of off the top of my head. And it seems to have a pretty good range but yeah, I do believe it can be easily sidestepped. Damage is actually okay since if the first hit connects, you can't block the following two hits. There's a term for that but my mind is not working right now.

Natural Combo.

GrayFoxPL

I have totally messed up my sleep routine. I think since those horrible late night/morning T7 streams I stayed up for. Now I randomly fall asleep at 21-00 hours. I basically black out. Sleep few hour in front of PC then wake up and don't sleep whole day again.

Like I just woke up now, it's 3 in the morning. Messed up.

Good games Numbatisa. Wooden man still too stronk. I gotta ask you to play that Lili and Alisa more. I don't have experience against good Alisas, I usually trash them, now I get trashed by yours, lol.

Oh and play them against Sasuke too, he needs that experience for the tournament.

I must've done like billion shredders, haha. I'm sorry but seemed the only thing that worked against you and interrupted your tempo. I need to find more moves like that, Kaz's uf+4,4 has that tempo and first is air mid too but it really sucks on anything other then counter hit. Like death on block. -18

I need to work with Steve-Paul team more, seems decent. I didn't learn them together yet. Steve needs shredders though, doesn't have any double low crush mids.

Shredders for everyone in T7.

Sasuke, you gonna play today? We totally miss our Tekken playtime lately, When I play something else you are on Tag and vice versa.

Chloe has Anna's elbow move.
1424448810614.gif

Uhh.

I still refuse to believe they are throwing these characters away from T7.

Also it's only single moves. What if they are just exchanging those moves for others? You know like they do with everyone in current roster now?

Only Baek and Wang may be really really dead.

Sayah

I have totally messed up my sleep routine. I think since those horrible late night/morning T7 streams I stayed up for. Now I randomly fall asleep at 21-00 hours. I basically black out. Sleep few hour in front of PC then wake up and don't sleep whole day again.

Like I just woke up now, it's 3 in the morning. Messed up.

Good games Numbatisa. Wooden man still too stronk. I gotta ask you to play that Lili and Alisa more. I don't have experience against good Alisas, I usually trash them, now I get trashed by yours, lol.

Oh and play them against Sasuke too, he needs that experience for the tournament.

I must've did like billion shredders, haha. I'm sorry but seemed the only thing that worked against you and interrupted your tempo. I need to find more moves like that, Kaz's uf+4,4 has that tempo and first is air mid too but it really sucks on anything other then counter hit. Like death on block. -18

I need to work with Steve-Paul team more, seems decent. I didn't learn them together yet. Steve needs shredders though, doesn't have any double low crush mids.

Sasuke, you gonna play today? We totally miss our Tekken playtime lately, When I play something else you are on Tag and vice versa.

I messed up my sleep today. Fell asleep from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Woke up and couldn't get myself to fall asleep until 5:45 a.m. Then got one hour of sleep and forced myself to wake up for work again. Whole day sucked cause of that.

Natural Combo.

Thanks. :)

GrayFoxPL

I messed up my sleep today. Fell asleep from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Woke up and couldn't get myself to fall asleep until 5:45 a.m. Then got one hour of sleep and forced myself to wake up for work again. Whole day sucked cause of that.

Yeah and it sucks for any Tekken focus. Brain wants to sleep.

GrayFoxPL

Katarina looks really fun. That amount of moves.

She could replace Baek for me when I think of it. Everyone knows mashing 4 will be useless on anyone above beginner but she has tons of moves it seems. Dat flashkick.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also:

giphy.gif

Katie >>> Chloe

Chloe has Anna's elbow move.
1424448810614.gif

200.gif

Chloe has Anna's elbow? I like Chloe and all, but I hope Anna is still in the game. Tekkie 7 needs a classy lady like Anna in Tekken 7. Maybe she is getting a makeover as well like Nina? Yeah. That's probably it. She will eventually show up, right? Right? Ahhh...who am I kidding? She is probably gone. :/

200.gif

Little painful to see a veteran character get this kind of treatment

Man that's just a shame honestly

Anna has been in the series for so long!

Oh wow

200.gif

DEATH™

Only Jun is classy, maybe Michelle.

The rest are either not classy or not "Lady" ladies. ;P

I do not see Jun being classy. Sorry... Serene or gentle, maybe... but classy? Meh...

I mean, by looking at the classy trope, Lili and her tea-drinking-with-pinky-up mannerisms wins hands down.

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;153008735 said:
I do not see Jun being classy. Sorry... Serene or gentle, maybe... but classy? Meh...

I mean, by looking at the classy trope, Lili and her tea-drinking-with-pinky-up mannerisms wins hands down.

Jun is the only one who doesn't expose her sexuality and doesn't carter for attention. That's for me is being a classy lady.

Lili is a total snob not class and definitely not classy after wearing this:

This is gonna sound really "casual gamer" (which, compared to everyone of you lovely folks in here, I probably am) but I'm really looking forward to a Tekken without Anna in it, just in hopes that Nina's story line will finally progress from the very cliché and very worn-out sibling rivalry act.
The only time Nina's story took a turn for the interesting was in Tekken 4, which was also the only game not to have Anna in it.
Yes, I'm that invested in the sorry excuse of a story Namco has slapped on my favourite character that if it takes cutting other popular characters to finally have Nina's plot evolve, I'm all for it.

Since Tekken7's console release is likely to mark the franchise's 20th anniversary on PlayStation I'm sure Anna will show up at least in a cameo in Nina's ending or something like that.
But other than that, I don't see her return for this iteration. All evidence points to her being cut.

Jun is the only one who doesn't expose her sexuality and doesn't carter for attention. That's for me is being a classy lady.

Lili is a total snob not class and definitely not classy after wearing this:

Because Jun looked so classy in this:

sasuke_91

I must've done like billion shredders, haha. I'm sorry but seemed the only thing that worked against you and interrupted your tempo. I need to find more moves like that, Kaz's uf+4,4 has that tempo and first is air mid too but it really sucks on anything other then counter hit. Like death on block. -18

The best player who's going to attend the tournament is an Asuka/Lili player, so I definitely need that Lili experience. It's a small tournament, but there's still going to be some really good players. I can't even beat AriZzz, and he's going to get his ass beaten by them, too :p

The problem with our playtime is that I currently wake up, go to the library and stay there until 8:00 PM. I have an exam in two weeks and a few after that. I'm actually going to sacrifice one day to go to the tourney.
So, if you want to play in the evening, I'm all up for that. I also might play a few games in the morning before leaving home.
I also have to adjust my sleep routine in terms of waking up earlier. I woke up a few minutes ago and that's DEFINITELY too late :/

Fraeon

The primary thing to remember about Lili is that she's pretty much one of the most linear characters in the game, so you can sidestep and walk pretty much any direction you want. Her primary tracking move is f3, which is kind of slow and has next to no range. Because of this, she really doesn't have any moves that she can just throw out there that track.

What good Lilis like to do is her qcf3+4 and df3. The first move is a whopping +6 on block, so you really don't want to be pressing buttons after that — god knows how often I've gotten launches just because people don't respect the advantage I have from that. The latter, df3, is also pretty nice: it's a mid, though admittedly it's not all that fast (i19) but in exchange it's +3 on block and leaves the opponent crouching. It's also a relatively decent okizeme move that you can just throw out there so whatever you do, do not backroll against Lili. That's a free combo for her pretty much every time.

Of course, you should probably avoid throwing too many linear moves yourself against her since she's got one of the best sidesteps in the game... so it kind of gets balanced out that way.

Against Asuka you should try to make sure you duck after db3 strings (The first 2 sweeps aren't nc so you should be able to just duck afterwards). Her only really scary through is her Falling Rain which is a 1+2 break so if you see her ducking and don't have the reflexes to break throws, just do a 1+2 break. They're most likely going for that throw anyways.

Outfits from these artworks don't actually exist. How could you not know? Haha.

That one I posted is one of Lili's main costumes (3p) in T6.

??
You serious?
It's a Shunya Yamashita design, and it being featured in the game means it was approved by Namco and makes it official. So obviously it (as you word it) exists, just not as a thing to make her wear in the game.
I'm afraid it might even "exist" more than that Lili 3P costume, since that awful Jun design was turned into an actual (and may I add, official) Namco licensed Kotobukiya statue, while Lili's skimpy wedding dress is exclusively virtual.

So while Lili definitely isn't a class act, neither is MILFy Jun.

But those are either extra costumes or art work. Next you'll be telling me that Kazuya is a robot, Mama Roger is wearing Alex and Jin likes Pandas.

They don't accurately reflect the character.

Who cares about plot in a fighting game? I NEED ANNA!!!!!!!!!!

I do.
Sorry,,, I guess.

DEATH™;153015092 said:
The scrubs do...

I honestly do not understand them. They wanted jobber Shin to be a fighter for one...

Wow, way to generalize!
You might think of me as a scrub, but your definition of one is both incorrect and condescending.
While I've always been too busy to devote serious time to properly learn how to play Tekken like a pro, I've been with the series since Tekken 1 in Arcade, I'd be surprised if only half of you pro players can say the same thing about yourself. I've met and talked face to tace with Harada a couple of times by now (also, but not only thanks to my job), and I've probably spent upwards of 10k for all the Tekken stuff I own.
And, most importantly, I have taste and a good grasp on what's good for the franchise (at least stylistically and artistically), so no, I obviously never wanted a run-of-the-mill plot-device character from a movie to be featured in any of the games.

And while my masters degree studies and my job will forever prevent me from playing Tekken as it's meant to be played, I still care about its characters and its story, as whack as it may be. That's probably because I grew up with the series. If I would have started playing Tekken only with Tekken 5, I probably wouldn't give two shits about the story either. But even then I suspect most of you would be extremely disappointed would Namco decide to get rid of everything story related (and that includes ending cinematics and a proper console intro) for Tekken 7's home console release.
But since that is unlikely to happen, you can go on pretending like nobody except the scrubs gives a crap about that.

But those are either extra costumes or art work. Next you'll be telling me that Kazuya is a robot, Mama Roger is wearing Alex and Jin likes Pandas.

Exactly. So how is Lili considered a less classy character for wearing that guest artist outfit than Jun?
Hell, Lili probably is my least favourite character, I just thought his reasoning was a bit poor.

AZUMIKE

Heres my list of characters that likely won't be in the Iron Fist Tournament (Tekken 7)

Wang
Baek
Marduk
Armor King
Christie

Maybe?:
Devil Jin (might so up as rage art, i.e Kazuya transformation)
Raven
Anna

Yall see the most recent ATP? I want to see African-Americans/Blacks/African represented in the roster. Of course, thats not to diminish the current and legitimate diversity already in the game. Lets go Bruce and Raven. :D

Doomshine

I don't think I've seen any of Marduk's signature moves on another character yet, just that shitty string they gave to King, so I'm still a little hopeful.

Manbig

I don't think I've seen any of Marduk's signature moves on another character yet, just that shitty string they gave to King, so I'm still a little hopeful.

That string isn't shitty at all. It's one of his most underrated moves.

Wow, way to generalize!
You might think of me as a scrub, but your definition of one is both incorrect and condescending.
While I've always been too busy to devote serious time to properly learn how to play Tekken like a pro, I've been with the series since Tekken 1 in Arcade, I'd be surprised if only half of you pro players can say the same thing about yourself. I've met and talked face to tace with Harada a couple of times by now (also, but not only thanks to my job), and I've probably spent upwards of 10k for all the Tekken stuff I own.
And, most importantly, I have taste and a good grasp on what's good for the franchise (at least stylistically and artistically), so no, I obviously never wanted a run-of-the-mill plot-device character from a movie to be featured in any of the games.

Ain't no pros up in this thread. Only person who could even lay claim to that is Av Kazama and he hardly even plays anymore.

Sayah

You know what, let's just not assume anyone's out until we know the full roster. Now that I'm thinking more clearly, there's no reason to panic.

Ogre/True Ogre got Anna's CR d/f+2 in TTT2, for instance (unless they already had that previously in T3 or TTT). Some characters share similar moves but they can have different property effects too. So I'm not gonna rule Anna out.

However, when I do know the full roster, then I can start panicking when Anna doesn't show up and create a twitter account just to spam Harada and tell him to put Anna in the console version.

Manbig

You know what, let's just not assume anyone's out until we know the full roster. Now that I'm thinking more clearly, there's no reason to panic.

Ogre/True Ogre got Anna's CR d/f+2 in TTT2, for instance (unless they already had that previously in T3 or TTT). Some characters share similar moves but they can have different property effects too. So I'm not gonna rule Anna out.

However, when I do know the full roster, then I can start panicking when Anna doesn't show up and create a twitter account just to spam Harada and tell him to put Anna in the console version.

Ogre's already had it in T3. The reason that people are looking so much into the whole stealing moves thing is because the storyline had Ogre killing certain characters off and stealing their abilities.

I already knew from the beginning that such speculation is fucking dumb as hell. Even if none of these characters actually end up in the final game, this line of speculation is still stupid as hell.

I just wanna see Marduk pop up in the final product. If I don't see him, then I'll go out of my way to make sure that Namco doesn't see a dime from me for this game.

Apparently, Kazuya's df1,4 won't launch or knockdown opponents anymore.

Not much of a loss at all.

Sayah

Ogre's already had it in T3. The reason that people are looking so much into the whole stealing moves thing is because the storyline had Ogre killing certain characters off and stealing their abilities.

I already knew from the beginning that such speculation is fucking dumb as hell. Even if none of these characters actually end up in the final game, this line of speculation is still stupid as hell.

I just wanna see Marduk pop up in the final product. If I don't see him, then I'll go out of my way to make sure that Namco doesn't see a dime from me for this game.

Ahhhhhh......

Also, that means you're willing to buy Tekken 7 *used* if Marduk doesn't show up? :D

Heyy isn't that Law/Anna's move?

The way it's animated makes me think it's Anna's.
A lot her moves are being taken. I really hope she's just getting revamped.

It could also just be a flip move for Kat.

edit just saw the post above, I wouldn't bother spamming him Sayah.
If Nina has any of Anna's tools then I would really worry.

Sayah

The way it's animated makes me think it's Anna's.
A lot her moves are being taken. I really hope she's just getting revamped.

It could also just be a flip move for Kat.

edit just saw the post above, I wouldn't bother spamming him Sayah.
If Nina has any of Anna's tools then I would really worry.

I'm not going to actually spam his twitter. I was joking.

Something like that.

Excellent.

GrayFoxPL

??
You serious?
It's a Shunya Yamashita design, and it being featured in the game means it was approved by Namco and makes it official. So obviously it (as you word it) exists, just not as a thing to make her wear in the game.
I'm afraid it might even "exist" more than that Lili 3P costume, since that awful Jun design was turned into an actual (and may I add, official) Namco licensed Kotobukiya statue, while Lili's skimpy wedding dress is exclusively virtual.

So while Lili definitely isn't a class act, neither is MILFy Jun.

They are that important they didn't even bother to put it in the game. They basically mean zero.

Actually Robo Kaz is in Tekken Comic officially approved.

sasuke_91

The primary thing to remember about Lili is that she's pretty much one of the most linear characters in the game, so you can sidestep and walk pretty much any direction you want. Her primary tracking move is f3, which is kind of slow and has next to no range. Because of this, she really doesn't have any moves that she can just throw out there that track.

What good Lilis like to do is her qcf3+4 and df3. The first move is a whopping +6 on block, so you really don't want to be pressing buttons after that — god knows how often I've gotten launches just because people don't respect the advantage I have from that. The latter, df3, is also pretty nice: it's a mid, though admittedly it's not all that fast (i19) but in exchange it's +3 on block and leaves the opponent crouching. It's also a relatively decent okizeme move that you can just throw out there so whatever you do, do not backroll against Lili. That's a free combo for her pretty much every time.

Of course, you should probably avoid throwing too many linear moves yourself against her since she's got one of the best sidesteps in the game... so it kind of gets balanced out that way.

Against Asuka you should try to make sure you duck after db3 strings (The first 2 sweeps aren't nc so you should be able to just duck afterwards). Her only really scary through is her Falling Rain which is a 1+2 break so if you see her ducking and don't have the reflexes to break throws, just do a 1+2 break. They're most likely going for that throw anyways.
Thanks for the advice. I didn't even know she was that linear^^

GrayFoxPL, if you want to play, I'll probably be Online in ~10-15 minutes. Anyone who wants to join?

CSX

After watching a few matches I realized the best strategy (or at least the most common strategy) for rage arts is just run up and do it and then pray it lands lol

GrayFoxPL

Thanks for the advice. I didn't even know she was that linear^^

GrayFoxPL, if you want to play, I'll probably be Online in ~10-15 minutes. Anyone who wants to join?

Nah sorry it's too late for me.

Btw I got new beginning team - Asuka Leo, let's try it out.

Asukas db+4 sweeps would be awful if she didn't have the option to recover in crouch. her ws+3 is the only launch from that and it's too slow but her ws+1,4, fc df+2 and df,d,df+1+2 throw are viable, so watch for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom