• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking a little trash works wonders in getting people to play. Got to play every competent Australian player today. 3-2. Lost a close set to Deevon. Last round, last game, very close. Very fun matches. I think we are all very chill here now except for one little bitch who ran away.

I really hope they all come to Final Round or EVO next year after console release for some rematches.

sasuke_91

Bufuteki showed up in the comments, said he never said anything about an announcement. Just something special at 5PM and that's a tournament of nations or something...

Edit: Now he says he has something VERY SPECIAL after the tournament at 6:30. Two people who would like to talk to us.
1 hour from now... I want to sleeeeep T^T

Numb

Bufuteki showed up in the comments, said he never said anything about an announcement. Just something special at 5PM and that's a tournament of nations or something...

Edit: Now he says he has something VERY SPECIAL after the tournament at 6:30. Two people who would like to talk to us.
1 hour from now... I want to sleeeeep T^T
Even more waiting
Atleast kof is on

GrayFoxPL

I'm going to sleep.

wDj8skW.gif

Rajang

Been awhile since I did commentary. Defintely felt like me & MYK worked the best together out of the bunch. Hope it wasn't too bad.

lol it was fine.

But what happened to Lucky Chloe? She wanted to be on stream after the match. :(

So what was the special thing? I got pulled away. Sounds like it was for the best.

The special thing was the team USA vs Korea vs Japan thing.

They will announce something tommorow I think, on the big stage.

I hope.

sasuke_91

Like I said, Bifuteki being "funny" again.

What an asshole. Good thing I went to sleep.

Just finished watching the top 8 , was a lot of fun .

Same here. A lot of unexpected stuff. Geesemaster played really well. And Speedkicks lost 6 straight rounds against an unfamiliar character.

I'm glad there was just one Akuma player in the Top 8. We haven't seen a single female character this time though or am I mistaken?

AAK

Take care of your diet people... Ate some rubbish Friday night and was too sick to watch Tekken. Felt better enough to catch the Mortal Kombat X semi's.

Geesemaster beating Nobi and Narakhof I did not see coming. On a sidenote Feng is one character I personally struggle to find a weakness in. Only way I can ever beat that character is when I have the pattern of my opponent down.

Also never seen JDCR show so much emotion after Saint won. That was nice to see (or he must have really wanted Knee to lose).

Saint was on another level though. I don't know if he even lost a game before Grand Finals?

Nuszka

Yep, last night when I saw the comments about befuteki making an announcement of an announcement... I knew I should have a view more drinks :) woke up this morning only to watch an unspoiled top 8 t7. Been on holiday in Poland for the past week , my liver needs to rest now :)

Seems like a mistake to not announce any characters at EVO, when there's so many eyeballs on your game.

But if they were going to i think it would have been after Tekken top 8.

But the tourney itself was very entertaining to watch, so eh. I'm satisfied.

(Also KoF14 is looking superb so i'm going all in on that. ^.^ )

GrayFoxPL

Evo doesn't seem like a place for Tekken anymore.

Check out the Sunday grand finals.

MKX, Smash, GG, Marvel, SFV.

I didn't feel Tekken had any "prestige" this year, it felt very "lo-fi". Other tournaments even much smaller felt better.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I didn't feel Tekken had any "prestige" this year, it felt very "lo-fi". Other tournaments even much smaller felt better.

I don't see why it would when we don't even have the game yet. :lol Sure we have some arcade cabinets sprinkled around the US, but only a few will have access to them.

I expect it to be in the main line up next year.

ZeroX03

Banned

That's because Tekken hasn't had a console release yet. A huge chunk of these players don't have access to the game. On top of that, they're using a month old new version of the game - so even the pros with access don't know it well - on Namco provided setups. In context, Tekken did well and was a good tournament for having plenty against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom