• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

MKX finals right now was the most insane shit in years. Tekken Master almost took the head of SonicFox. Reseted the finals, crazy Kotal play, shit was amazing.

Evo doesn't seem like a place for Tekken anymore.

Check out the Sunday grand finals.

MKX, Smash, GG, Marvel, SFV.

I didn't feel Tekken had any "prestige" this year, it felt very "lo-fi". Other tournaments even much smaller felt better.

I have no idea why Marvel is still on Sunday, but I guess it's that or two Smash games. :/

LowParry

Still lot of hype for Marvel. That was a damn good showing for Chris G. Glad to see him back to his old self with the game. We still getting anything Tekken related today or should we just forget about it?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still lot of hype for Marvel. That was a damn good showing for Chris G. Glad to see him back to his old self with the game. We still getting anything Tekken related today or should we just forget about it?

Forget about it.

AAK

Can you imagine the boo's that will come from showing a Tekken trailer to a crowd full of the Smash Melee community waiting for their game. If there is gonna be an announcement, hopefully they save it for the end.

Doomshine

Wait... if it's gonna happen on SFV stream....

More SF characters in FR!

Guile, Cammy, Zangief.

and

Fucking Lee!

Maybe it's even going on ESPN? I know they have Tekken 7 ads at the stadium too.

Can you imagine the boo's that will come from showing a Tekken trailer to a crowd full of the Smash Melee community waiting for their game. If there is gonna be an announcement, hopefully they save it for the end.

lol, you can barely hear the crowd as it is.

sasuke_91

Guile, Cammy, Zangief.

and

Fucking Lee!

That would be so hype!
New SF character + Lee. 2 characters as suspected.

They wouldn't build in another SF character into the story though, so I think it's unlikely we'll get one.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Guile, Cammy, Zangief.

RQ5a_f-maxage-0.gif

and

Fucking Lee!

LeeThumbs1.gif

GrayFoxPL

That would be so hype!
New SF character + Lee. 2 characters as suspected.

They wouldn't build in another SF character into the story though, so I think it's unlikely we'll get one.

The story, buddy, after the absurd shoe in of Akuma they can put everyone in without blinking. Harada doesn't care.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I actually think MarkMan said last night that that was it for Tekken EVO matches but stay tuned for stuff this weekend yesterday when they were going offline.

AAK

Why compare so much to vanilla Tekken 7 though? It's gonna be mostly FR from here on out.

I thought the Fated Retribution E3 footage where from the PC version instead of Xbox One...

The footage ZeroX gave him are from the Vanilla arcade release so that's the footage he could scrutinize in the most detail. the FR footage shown at E3 is just the main things he could discern from the various vids released of it on the internet.

ZeroX03

Banned
I gave NX Gamer that footage a few weeks ago, don't see the harm in him analysing T7.0 then FR when that also arrives here. Few mistakes in the video but eh, it's fine.

Also, stay tuned for the announcement.

GrayFoxPL

150 000 people are watching 15 year old game.

9TzkkJR.gif

What's funny Nintendo doesn't how they did this.

We should bring back DR or something for Evo, lol.

cordy

Banned
I'm hearing rumors that it could be them announcing 2 new characters, the whole mode rollout for the game (since you could see the modes during E3), a brand new mode or even most Story Mode stuff. Either way we're getting something.

I'm going to guess it'll be Lei Wulong and a new character.

Rajang

It's gotta be more T7 SF characters or TxSF.

It makes no sense to show Tekken characters on SF stream instead T7 stream.

They did this when they announced Tekken 7 at EVO 2014 as well, but right after Marvel grand finals.

Also it makes sense, because during the Tekken stream there were only 32k people watching. There are way more people watching now and especially around the time SF starts.

GrayFoxPL

They did this when they announced Tekken 7 at EVO 2014 as well, but right after Marvel grand finals.

Also it makes sense, because during the Tekken stream there were only 32k people watching. There are way more people watching now and especially around the time SF starts.

Ah right. Ok then.

Bit "Fuck Tekken crowd we want more peoples watching even if they don't give a shit about Tekken." But I'll take it.

I'm going to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom