• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

aVGgEpO.gif

Hvcfsrv.gif

joeblow

VSL the Fist show or something atm:

https://www.twitch.tv/vsl_thefist

Looking at the Kazumi player in the link, I'm doubly glad that her d/f+1 is getting nerfed. In some rounds it looks as if it makes up a quarter of his attacks.

With that said, her move list is smaller than returning characters, so I wonder if the patch will buff her in other ways. It wouldn't be fair to nerf her most spammable move without giving her some other stuff to work with.

Sayah

Hopefully a preorder demo/beta or something so I can actually play and get excited for this game. Otherwise, I'm bummed out that T7 will be longest arcade to console transition we've probably ever had, beating Tekken 6s record.

Hopefully a preorder demo/beta or something so I can actually play and get excited for this game. Otherwise, I'm bummed out that T7 will be longest arcade to console transition we've probably ever had, beating Tekken 6s record.

Murray already kinda handwaved this idea at EVO. He was asked about it during commentary but said that the team would have to devote staff/resources to making one which would delay the game even more.

Dereck

A beta isn't happening and they recently said no for the second or third time recently.

Murray already kinda handwaved this idea at EVO. He was asked about it during commentary but said that the team would have to devote staff/resources to making one which would delay the game even more.
Yeah, that

GrayFoxPL

Which is kinda bull since they already had it running on all platforms with typical demo features and even standard "Thank you for playing" msgs and splash screens.
Somehow that didn't need crippling resources and staff hire.

They could do a demo if they wanted.

Dereck

The game has been running on PC since forever, I was just trying to figure out what you meant by all platforms, I don't think it's been running on anything besides a PC since it came out.

GrayFoxPL

The game has been running on PC since forever, I was just trying to figure out what you meant by all platforms, I don't think it's been running on anything besides a PC since it came out.

What do you mean? That main presentation was on PS4 and I could swear I saw also X1 somewhere. PC version was the hidden one.

Unless I've been living a lie.

GrayFoxPL

Aris was talking to Murray at Final Round on stream and Murray said that he's already seen the game run on PS4, IIRC

That was way earlier.

But nevermind what I said before, I don't know anything anymore. I was positive those were console builds. If not then now I'm afraid of real downgrades because that build already didn't look as good as arcade.

Rheon

Yeah I'm gonna need PC cross-play to be a thing as well. The online scene would be pretty much DOA (no pun intended) without it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Which is kinda bull since they already had it running on all platforms with typical demo features and even standard "Thank you for playing" msgs and splash screens.
Somehow that didn't need crippling resources and staff hire.

They could do a demo if they wanted.

You're wrong here. The PC version was essentially the arcade version mostly (which already existed due to the arcade boards).

Sayah

I have no clue how much development effort would be needed to get a demo up on the store, but I'm still gonna call bull on this. You see games like KOFIV and GGXrd announced like two years after Tekken 7, releasing before Tekken 7, AND offering a demo or full game (minus online) before official release.

It's not like they have to put extensive features into the demo. They're doing the opposite. They're taking features out (instead of putting them in) and providing limited content. And they've already mentioned that they had the game running on PS4.

Numb

Comparing Tekken plans to other fighting games is a wasted effort
Obvious and simple things done by other fighters is made complicated by
Tekken for no reason

I have no clue how much development effort would be needed to get a demo up on the store, but I'm still gonna call bull on this. You see games like KOFIV and GGXrd announced like two years after Tekken 7, releasing before Tekken 7, AND offering a demo or full game (minus online) before official release.

It's not like they have to put extensive features into the demo. They're doing the opposite. They're taking features out (instead of putting them in) and providing limited content. And they've already mentioned that they had the game running on PS4.

But it's all about scheduling isn't it? I don't know how Arcsys and SNK run their business, but typically if a game dev or publisher wants a demo or beta, it's planned early. If Namco never planned for such a thing then they would have to change their plans to accomodate that, which would cause delays. Demos aren't just them taking what's already done and throwing it out there, they're basically a completely separate build of the game that requires its own QA and all that.

Now you can put them on blast for knowing it would take this many years to get the game to consoles and not planning on a demo/beta to make people happy, but that's kind of a separate issue. I think the Tekken Tour has been their response to the difficult situation of the waiting game, even if it's not ideal for you or me.

I asked the question in Discord a few weeks ago, would you accept a beta version of Tekken 7 available for consoles/PC in December 2016 if it meant the full game had to be delayed to August 2017, and everyone said no lol.

Sayah

But it's all about scheduling isn't it? I don't know how Arcsys and SNK run their business, but typically if a game dev or publisher wants a demo or beta, it's planned early. If Namco never planned for such a thing then they would have to change their plans to accomodate that, which would cause delays. Demos aren't just them taking what's already done and throwing it out there, they're basically a completely separate build of the game that requires its own QA and all that.

Now you can put them on blast for knowing it would take this many years to get the game to consoles and not planning on a demo/beta to make people happy, but that's kind of a separate issue. I think the Tekken Tour has been their response to the difficult situation of the waiting game, even if it's not ideal for you or me.

*sigh*

Yeah, the Tekken Tour is of no use to me. While I really love the approach to FR, this whole wait more than anything has turned me from a passionate to a sour Tekken fan. I feel very annoyed by their whole business model, and it's more irritating because this is their second time pulling this ish after Tekken 6........but whatever. It's like a beating a dead horse at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom