• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

So damage scaling is interesting for combos. Doing three hits does the same damage as 10. Okay. I guess it'll help new people without the added benefit of doing wall carries.

I'm not too bothered by Tekken 7 using old animations. I couldn't defend this type of stuff though.

kHxAmhW.gif

Yall saw this? Tekken 7 crashed on Sodam against CPU lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBJmAfHIjQ

Lol, I'm blaming the Unreal Engine 4.

Pachimari

I still can't see these old animations. I know they are reused but they don't look bad to me. Everything no matter character looks fluid and good to me. Why can't I see it.

sasuke_91

I still can't see these old animations. I know they are reused but they don't look bad to me. Everything no matter character looks fluid and good to me. Why can't I see it.

Look at King grabbing Shaheen in the gif above and tell me that you don't see anything wrong with it...

People do a lot of "Deathmatches" in ranked lately. I heard from a few german players who do this. It's basically the same principle as boosting. You set it up so that you play against a specific person until one of you gets a promotion. Demotions don't count. Only really works on Orange ranks and above though, because the number of players decreases up there and it's easier to find your partner.

Look at King grabbing Shaheen in the gif above and tell me that you don't see anything wrong with it...

People do a lot of "Deathmatches" in ranked lately. I heard from a few german players who do this. It's basically the same principle as boosting. You set it up so that you play against a specific person until one of you gets a promotion. Demotions don't count. Only really works on Orange ranks and above though, because the number of players decreases up there and it's easier to find your partner.

The point is to put your rank on the Line so you'll play harder.

Fraeon

I kind of wish you could do that at a Finnish tournament.

Somehow I doubt you can, you'd probably be dq'd for being disruptive.

:(

AAK

I just saw Shaheen customized with TTT2's Assault rifle.

Just ruins EVERYTHING.

Anyways, kurokuro gets super hype everytime someone does a revenge match. It's actually pretty entertaining LOL.

Manbig

He has a holier than thou attitude whenever he pops up in someone's stream chat I've noticed

That's every Tekken player though. Talking down at least a little bit on the players that are lesser than you. It's no good man. lol

I do think he's full of shit every once in a while though and have called him out on it. Dude was trying to tell me that Lars is not much better than Jin.

He has a holier than thou attitude whenever he pops up in someone's stream chat I've noticed

I thought I wasn't the only one who noticed that. But like ManBig said every Tekken player is like that. Honestly I think most competitive players are like that myself included.

AAK

OH man, Tekken 7 does a cool thing like the slo-mo for KO...

Mortal Kombat X not only does a slo-mo, but a brand new animation unique to the kill and a special death animation.

Common NRS, let Tekken win in one feature at least :(

Manbig

I thought I wasn't the only one who noticed that. But like ManBig said every Tekken player is like that. Honestly I think most competitive players are like that myself included.

Yep. I think any time someone learns how to break that "casual" barrier in a competitive activity, they will always get a kick out of beating up on the people that they used to lose, or go 50/50 versus. It doesn't matter what level of player you are, I would bet money that these kinds of thoughts have at least crossed your mind at one point or another. The key is to not be too snobbish about it, which can be a very hard thing to do.

One example for myself here, I was watching Anakin's stream recently, and I wasn't a fan of the way he was vocally talking down to people that were just trying to play the match. I was thinking, man, this guy is kind of a piece of shit. Thing is, I frequently do the same thing myself. I didn't even notice how often I did it until I had a friend over who was doing something unrelated on the side while I was playing online, and he was like "Damn man. You are absolutely insane while playing that game." I honestly chuckled and got a kick out of it, but I try really hard to be less like that when I play from then on. It's a work in progress.

Xevren

OH man, Tekken 7 does a cool thing like the slo-mo for KO...

Mortal Kombat X not only does a slo-mo, but a brand new animation unique to the kill and a special death animation.

Common NRS, let Tekken win in one feature at least :(

Does netcode count as a feature? I'm accepting it as inevitable that MKX will be poo online.

Fraeon

Speaking of netcode, it would be nice if they patched the ranked mode. The upload bug is getting more and more common for me and that's really atrocious.

Unless this is all a devious plan to get everyone out of ranked.

EDIT: What I really hope is an uprezzed TTT2 for the current gen. The game can look really janky at times thanks to the dynamic resolution. I guess that's too much to hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom