• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

If they know we're frustrated, then they should do something about it. I was so excited to have the game at Dave & Busters but then they took the cabinets away. :/
Everything will be cool in six months
What 2yrs already?

They were atleast trying with those cabs
I just heard there was an explosion in New York. Stay safe NY-Tekken GAF.
good lord
Careful out there

Sayah

Everything will be cool in six months
What 2yrs already?

This game was first revealed in July 2014 at Evo. First location test was in November 2014 I think. Actual game released in arcades in March 2015.

I just heard there was an explosion in New York. Stay safe NY-Tekken GAF.

I don't know what's happening to the world but this is frightening stuff. All these insane acts of violence are terrifying enough on their own and then couple that with the fact that democracies around the world are making some of the most horrible decisions is also extremely worrying (from India electing BJP into power to the Brexit vote to Donald Trump being so very close to a U.S. presidency). Half of the shit the trump says would be career ending for any other politician but his poll numbers just keep rising.

MikeMyers

Yeah surprised Brexit passed through. My family there voted for it and they're Indian immigrants themselves.

Can't imagine Trump winning though.

Dereck

zql36cV.jpg

Sayah

That look of hatred.

Edit: Reading through Wonkey's twitter. Don't know why people are upset nothing was shown today. They had already said it would be a low key event.

AAK

It's kind of strange how they revealed so much at Gamescom debuting Lee and Kid Kazuya along with a new stage + attire for Heihachi but TGS had nothing. I think people assumed Namco would give the same level of exposure to Japan's biggest gaming expo.

Or they probably already know Tekken 7 will sell like shit in Japan considering the state of consoles there and are saving all the reveals for the KOIF2016 championship or PSX.

EDIT; Or maybe that could be it for reveals and we just have to wait for release to see what else the game has.

Dereck

during that stream, on one of the trailers or posters or whatever, it said "spring 2017". Murray said that to Japan spring has a "bigger window", it was awfully suspicious. it just makes me think that the game is probably coming out after march

Nuszka

No word from them on a release date, april it is then. They need to get them monies for the upcoming fiscal year secured. Same thing was done to DS3 in EU and US. Hope I'm wrong here though.

Sayah

during that stream, on one of the trailers or posters or whatever, it said "spring 2017". Murray said that to Japan spring has a "bigger window", it was awfully suspicious. it just makes me think that the game is probably coming out after march

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it got pushed further into 2017. There are only three months and two weeks left before 2016 ends - and to not have an actual release date or pre-order details for an early 2017 release by now is suspicious.

If that does happen, the nominal interest I still have left will probably cease to exist.

Doomshine

Or they probably already know Tekken 7 will sell like shit in Japan considering the state of consoles there and are saving all the reveals for the KOIF2016 championship or PSX.
That's pretty much what Murray said in the Tekkengamer interview.

There's also Paris Games Week in October, they announced some of the ps4 exclusive stuff there last year.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Those story mode costumes had better be available in other modes. Waste of perfectly good modeling/texture work otherwise.

I just watched the video, could you explain real quick?

My bad dude, I was referring to the lag in the Arcade version that happens due to the network.

I would assume a fighting game offline wouldn't have those lag spikes but Aris thought it may have been a possibility for...some reason even though he knew why there were lag spikes. Just Aris being Aris really.

It's weird that site seems so surprised a "small town" is the only place with Tekken 7. I mean technically Schaumburg, Illinois is a village but it's a suburb of Chicago. You can just say Chicago has Tekken 7.

Chicago has a Round 1 as well, so we'll have two cabinets. The one here now is vanilla but they're saying they want to upgrade to FR soon.

joeblow

Also, isn't the U.S. arm of Namco in Chicago? They should've picked up on that too. Anyways, that's great news and I hope it is FR when it arrives.

It's kind of strange how they revealed so much at Gamescom debuting Lee and Kid Kazuya along with a new stage + attire for Heihachi but TGS had nothing. I think people assumed Namco would give the same level of exposure to Japan's biggest gaming expo.

EDIT; Or maybe that could be it for reveals and we just have to wait for release to see what else the game has.
Japan truly doesn't care about non-mobile games and the devs know. Sad.

Well this is a surprise, especially with a console release getting closer.

http://tekkengamer.com/round1-tekken-7-locations-across-america-december/

...fffffuck

.....yay???

In my experience, the JP Noir Cab HD setups for Tag 2 have awful sticks. Quarter circles are a nightmare with a square gate (for Tekken anyway). Hell, the hearsay around shoryuken is that some of the Korean pros used to the Green Arcade fanta airbags don't have nice things to say about their version of the Crown 307 used for T7.

After buying the last Madcatz KE in existence (might as well be, given how hard the damn thing was to find, FFS) with a Crown 303 K-stick - QCs are way smoother, movement is smoother, the thing clicks like a rubber mechanical keyboard, stick travel distance is way smaller. It feels so good!

Yet... diagonals are hard to find (and still have a large travel distance vs a simple dpad), combos on big buttons are a finger fumbler, and defending is a toss up ("oh you thought your were holding back? Nah bro, it was back down, sorry.") Plus... no shortcuts.

...But I wanna play it... I'm willing to take the punishment... for reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom