• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

The Heihachi in the Main Menu is just a still shot, right?
It looks really cool, though, It would have been extremely badass if it was an animation of Heihachi adjusting his wrist with his lighting aura illuminating his "I'mgonnafuckyouup" face when selecting an option

That sounds great. Hope they implement that.

The PS4 version looks like pee pee

https://youtu.be/UuAW5DzhYZA

Cant be that bad can it..

nywufc.gif~c200

Lets hope this is some pre-alpha footage, what happened to the lighting? lol

GrayFoxPL

DR hd still the best looking tekken

Dunno.

76BYt1Q.gif

One thing is sure T7 arenas are dead and dull compared to previous games. Never liked them since the beginning. Everything looks like lifeless plastic, even the jungle.

I finished playing Journey and it didn't do anything for me. What's supposed to be great about this game again?

It's some artistic mumbo jumbo. You should relax and embrace the vision or some shit. Flower pissed me off so much I rage quitted it. ;)

Numb

Dunno.

76BYt1Q.gif

One thing is sure T7 arenas are dead and dull compared to previous games. Never liked them since the beginning. Everything looks like lifeless plastic, even the jungle.

It's some artistic mumbo jumbo. You should relax and embrace the vision or some shit. Flower pissed me off so much I rage quitted it. ;)
HD 20th anniversary Tekken still waiting for
They could all look good

sasuke_91

I finished playing Journey and it didn't do anything for me. What's supposed to be great about this game again?
Journey is not for everyone. I loved it for the visuals, the music and the way it dealt with multiplayer. I replayed it on PS4 and still loved it.
It may seem like some artistic mumbo jumbo to some people though :p

I still have to play Flower. I remember AAK really liked that game.

GrayFoxPL

Journey is not for everyone. I loved it for the visuals, the music and the way it dealt with multiplayer. I replayed it on PS4 and still loved it.
It may seem like some artistic mumbo jumbo to some people though :p

I still have to play Flower. I remember AAK really liked that game.

Playing Flower for me was like getting hit with shredders for you. ;)

AAK

I liked Flower when I played it with a lot more free time nearly 7 years ago LOL. I can't see myself playing any game like that right now. Flower to me was all about the payoff with the last level which was really well done IMO. And other than that it's just a relaxing interactive screen saver. But let me tell you, the Dual Shock 3 gyroscope is garbage tier. The Six Axis controls could get extremely frustrating.

These days when I game I need that instant gratification you get from winning a round in a fighting game, solving some intricate enigma in a puzzle game, or some narrative payoff in some single player epic. I probably can't ever go back and play these types again.

Numb

Never had the chance to finish Flower but was fun what I played

On a huge slump with gaming for the longest time and just fighters here and there. Even started playing things on easy due to lack of interest and time.
I might be growing out of games but there are some still but seem far and few in between

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
And here I thought we might have been past--at least for a time--the age of arcade > console downgrades.

Depressing.

Don't even start with this shit. It's not very hard to see what other people might have liked about the game. The art direction is absolutely fantastic for example, with some of the most striking visuals seen last gen. The score is a thing of beauty as well. Even if the game is not for you, and you didn't have a good time playing it, acting like you can't see what aspects of the game are great is just that, an act.

Sayah

Don't even start with this shit. It's not very hard to see what other people might have liked about the game. The art direction is absolutely fantastic for example, with some of the most striking visuals seen last gen. The score is a thing of beauty as well. Even if the game is not for you, and you didn't have a good time playing it, acting like you can't see what aspects of the game are great is just that, an act.

Journey is missing both gripping narrative and gripping gameplay. The artstyle is nice but that by itself is not enough. Running/flying through miles of sand and snow is not exactly my idea of a fun game but kudos to those that like it.

Edit: You can say that again Wonkey
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/777149973456490497

Sayah

Haha, He reached the breaking point.

My camel's back broke months ago and I'm honestly not even gonna bother looking at any vids until I get my hands on the glorious PC version with the mod support to disable the insanity.

I still maintained a positive attitude despite all the customs and even after the chloe reveal. The wait time is what really turned me away. It would be a different story if no one had the game (like FFXV or the Last Guardian) but to give the game to a select region to play for two whole effin years while ignoring the rest of the world is way too much. I tolerated that with Tekken 6 but I won't tolerate it again. But the customs still suck!

Sayah

O ho? Murray couldn't confirm how many new characters there would be?~

(This guy on the mic is painful. Very painful.)

Agreed - something with his voice. Also, they couldn't stop talking throughout the whole trailer. You're not supposed to talk while a trailer is running.

GrayFoxPL

Namco outdid themselves with extremely shitty customs in T7FR.

Can you hear this? They're not only attacking eyes now but ears too.

I'm sorry but is Harada joking when saying that bringing some old quirky characters would rise accusations that Tekken is silly again?

What? Really? The game looks fucking retarded now with 100's of shitty items and customs. Just fucking look man! Wake up!

Does he really think Kuma would ruin this peerless image of T7?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casting that shit aside....

Big and healthy online community is much more important than those shitty customs.

I'm saying this because I'm currently experiencing KOFXIV and if you live in Asia or America then sure you'll have a community, you'll have tons of people to play with but in my region it's pretty dead or wasn't alive to begin with. So I'm playing those players from other side of the planet giving shitty experience to them and myself.

This let me appreciate Tag2 online so much more. At any day of the week at any hour I can find in 15 seconds someone in Europe to fight. Randomly. That's going on for years.

I'll take those awful shitty customs over dead online.

Numb

Actually impressed how bad a commentator he is

"We know people are a little frustrated all this cool stuff is happening in Japan"

Cmon now

Sayah

Actually impressed how bad a commentator he is

"We know people are a little frustrated all this cool stuff is happening in Japan"

Cmon now

If they know we're frustrated, then they should do something about it. I was so excited to have the game at Dave & Busters but then they took the cabinets away. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom